Possible hostility between players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zofran, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zofran

Zofran Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zofran
    Level:
    Guild:
    Teddies
    Hi everyone, there's something quite important I'd like to talk to you about. I'd like to share the way I view it first, if you don't mind.
    Well, you see... as a good English-speaking player, who had informally learned his English through internet communication, as opposed to English lessons, etc. - I find it quite easy to connect with other people and make friends in this game. And, of course, on the Internet in generally.
    But as you all probably know by now, you can't be friends with anybody you meet. Sometimes, you just don't get along. And thats fine, everyone is different.
    But, sometimes it reaches a point where hostility arises.
    Its quite sad because, if someone doesn't want to be my friend, or vice versa, if I don't want to be someone's friend - I just wish good luck and move on. You know why I don't try and insist, or force anybody? Because I KNOW it's not going to be worth my effort.
    But, sometimes it gets kinda extreme and even a bit stupid. Some players can be quite immature, to say the least.
    Has anyone else encountered that kind of thing? I sure did. And to be honest, it can ruin the gameplay experience.
    I have enough friends as it is, and quite frankly had just created my own guild even though I'm kinda low level myself and thought it might have been too "early" to do so, but I did.
    But really, some people, really need to "grow up" as they say, without bringing up any specific names of course.
    I don't mean anything specific, or a situation that occurred lately, but just speaking in generally, really. I think some players must be reminded this is a game, and it's true that nobody owes anybody anything, and nobody is under any obligation to be friends with anybody else.
    For some players, it's not clear enough, unfortunately.
    Well, that was pretty long. I think you've understood my point. I hope to hear some opinions on the matter, thanks!

Don, Nemo and Milky like this.
  2. nosebleed

nosebleed Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Some people just take the internet way too seriously and will manage to get offended over even the smallest of things.

Zofran likes this.
  3. Zofran

Zofran Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zofran
    Level:
    Guild:
    Teddies
    Quite true. You know what, you've hit quite an important point there buddy.
    To be honest, there were two Israeli's players like me that I met, they were like 18 and 16 years old. I know that because I asked how old they are, and they told me.
    They invited me to party and didn't know what's up, didn't know what they want to do etc.
    Then they started spammign me and trading me a million times and begging for items/mesos. It was really, really annoying.
    I refused and left, and then they started whispering me and sending me chat invites - nonstop. I didn't want to report them to a GM, because I felt sad for them that they're so immature and disrespectful.
    I just blocked/blacklisted them and that's it.
    That's one example. But, there were other examples as well.
    Being immature but respectful of someone else's wishes is one thing, annoying someone else because he/she refused to pay attention or help you out, is a completely different thing.

4. liomio

liomio Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Liomio
    Level:
    lmao sounds like you have personal problems to sort out

LichWiz, Kisu Aran, Labour and 16 others like this.
  5. violaceopes

violaceopes Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Calyx
    Guild:
    Radiance
    Like any other Internet conglomeration, Royals has its share of jerks acting out in frustration at their "real world" problems. Don't take it personally. It empowers them.

That said, your OP makes you sound rather self absorbed.

ginwolf, LichWiz, seanc and 1 other person like this.
  6. Zofran

Zofran Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zofran
    Level:
    Guild:
    Teddies
    I think my concern about this issue is quite justified and legitimate. If you've read my original post and that's what you think, maybe you got it wrong. Honestly, I don't mean to sound like I'm whining, but I am indeed kinda annoyed about this. And that's understandable, considering the people I've encountered, but for privacy reasons I won't mention their name's.

I have 0 personal problems, trust me. This is an online game and this is the last place in the world that would cause me to be upset. All I tried to do was explain why it's a problem for the community. For example, maybe I didn't take offense from these people - but someone else, other than you and me who is more sensitive and easily offended - would have quit the whole server because of these people who are being assholes. Maybe my post won't solve the whole problem, but it could raise awareness. That's all, really.

If I sound like a loser to you, you shouldn't have told me that. You could just keep it to yourself because I don't really care.

7. fanta

fanta Active Member

If anything can be blamed I'd point to a cultural difference between players with those coming from english speaking countries being the main culprits.
    It's a generalization but is something that hasn't deviated much from what I've personally experienced and fwiw I don't think you have personal issues.

Zofran likes this.
  8. Zofran

Zofran Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zofran
    Level:
    Guild:
    Teddies
    Yes, its sometimes a cultural difference that causes it, but not always. Sometimes a player comes from the same culture and same country, but his attitude is really bad and stupid. Also, it could also be that some players are just immature - below 18 years old, or so.
    There are also players who are just bored and looking for action and see others getting angry at them for fun.

9. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Shitty people exist in every culture, I don't think it's fair (or possible) to point the finger at any one group- especially when that's based on personal experience.

ginwolf and Zofran like this.
  10. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Having Friendly People means there will be hostile people, its these things comes hand in hand,
    making things fun. If the roller coaster is just smooth and straight moving, it will never be fun right?

Charu and Zofran like this.
  11. fanta

fanta Active Member

Don't get me wrong. I pointed to cultural difference mainly with reference to how we communicate differently with some cultures being more direct and blunt and others a little more muted. Bringing into account the difference in proportion of shitty people between different regions is really dependent on our individual perception and experiences.

12. Zofran

Zofran Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zofran
    Level:
    Guild:
    Teddies
    I get this point, some cultures do indeed have at tendency to be more hostile and argumentative, etc. But sometimes its just age, there are still little kids and teenagers here and there playing on here, and they are too young to understand how to remain respectful towards everybody.
    Sometimes they take it too far though, and they realize they're not okay and continue with this nonsense.
    Sometimes a player just needs a kick in the butt or a small warning, to understand. Not just a "please leave me alone".

Obviously there will always be hostile people here and there among friendly people, but it's not fair that one player has to be harassed or annoyed by somebody because that somebody decides to take his bad mood out on anyone he or she encounters.
    No community is perfect and there will always be people like that, but still, the point is, which you might be missing, is that people need to learn to deal with their boredom or bad mood in other ways and methods. Not just by taking it out on others.
    I never said I expect a perfect scenario or situation in everything, or that every single person I meet will be nice to me. But, I expect even the most minimal respect from others, even those who haven't learned how to fully respect others or are too immature for it. I imagined their parents educate them for this matter.

13. CerealnOats

CerealnOats Well-Known Member

IGN:
    xTeacup
    I'm confused on what the point of this thread is, or where it is meant to be going :confused::confused:

ginwolf, LichWiz, GoToHeal and 10 others like this.
  14. Zofran

Zofran Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zofran
    Level:
    Guild:
    Teddies
    I'm sorry, I can't explain everything from the start when somebody comes in and says they're confused. Have you even read the posts before you conclude the thread is "pointless"?
    To be honest, I respect a lot of quite unusual and weird threads on the forums, and I don't try and insult someone else about their thread being weird or pointless or whatever you might call it.
    If the thread is causing a problem for somebody, I don't mind if it gets locked, we've discussed quite a bit by now.

15. CerealnOats

CerealnOats Well-Known Member

IGN:
    xTeacup
    I'm not here to call your thread "pointless" or "insult" it so please don't feel defensive of it.

Trust me I've read and reread this thread in its entirety since Day 1 and I genuinely do not know what you're trying to achieve despite reading the subsequent responses to it. From the wall of words you've put up, it seems like you're trying to say that some people need to grow up?

So is the discussion here to talk about how to help them grow up? Or is it for people to share similar encounters they've had with disrespectful people? It seems like you were frustrated enough by these people to make a thread about them, so perhaps you were just looking for an outlet to rant?

Whatever it is, I hope you can move on and learn to accept that not everyone will live up to your expectations of how a person should behave at minimum, because 1) it will never happen, and 2) it is not your place or mine to tell them to.

ginwolf, seanc, Dudu and 4 others like this.
  16. Zofran

Zofran Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zofran
    Level:
    Guild:
    Teddies
    The way you speak to me and refer the thread is exactly sounding as that - that it is pointless, stupid, or just plain weird. That's not a fair way to describe things.
    First of all, if you don't like the subject and you have nothing productive to add to the overall discussion of this matter - nobody had forced you to reply.
    I have not started the thread just to say that people need to grow up, and I didn't say I expect everyone to behave exactly the way I think they should. But, the general, widely agreed upon thing is that players should treat other fellow players with respect.
    And thats my only legitimate and fair expectation. I am not pissed off at any player in particular, and I'm not offended by incidents on an online video game.
    My previous statement is, clearly, quite big and important about this - that despite players like me, and others, who are mature and not offended - there are still other players who could get offended, and go as far as quit the server. This means losing players because of other players who have discouraged them to play because of their behaviour.
    My thought is, and I'm sure most would agree on this - is that it's not fair that players must quit because of it. Maybe it sounds crazy to you, to quit a server over somebody who offended or annoyed you - but, there are players who would do that thing we all think of as crazy.
    Regarding the thread itself, if you have something to contribute to it, feel free to do so. If all you are replying here for is to tell me how the thread is wrong, stupid or just unnecessary and lacks this or that - then you are not wanted here. And I have a right to ask you to stop, if I feel you are disrupting the discussion or trying to derail it.
    Like stated earlier, your obvious disagreement with my point of view / thoughts and statements on this matter, is quite clear. That being said, you have absolutely no right to express your disagreement in a harsh or rude way. That's all there is to it.
    I am not going to repeat myself, or engage in an argument or debate with you further about what is right or wrong.

CerealnOats likes this.
  17. sean128309

sean128309 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    WinterWind
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nocturnal
    TLDR for passersby:

GET THOSE F$^%ING ANNOYING KIDDOS OUTTA MY FACE!

ginwolf, kingdorke, Hampa and 3 others like this.
  18. Drice

Drice Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Stingy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Guild
    Think she has every right to express her disagreement in whatever way she wants as long as it's on subject. Honestly I can't see how her response is harsh or rude in anyway or for that matter no where does she even say that he disagrees with you. For all that you claim how you're mature and unoffended by anything that goes on on the internet, you seem plenty bothered by a simple inquiry. :confused::confused:

I think she did have something productive to add. At least what I feel like she's getting it as what do you propose to do about this issue/what is your solution? It's easy to talk about problems without offering a solution.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Tomfoolery, Hampa, seanc and 5 others like this.
  19. sids

sids Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    sids
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Kentavious and Dudu like this.
  20. seanc

seanc Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    seanc
    Level:
    Well, if you put it that way, nobody had forced you to reply to his reply. He wasn't against this thread but he was just confused about the point of the thread, which I agree. There's seriously nothing much to add to this thread other than replying positive messages and ranting about immature players, unless you are suggesting that we do something about it?

I beg to differ.

Clearly you are annoyed and arguably offended by players who 'spoiled' your experience and replies that criticized the point of this thread. You can't just post something in General Discussion, expect everyone to receive it nicely, and only consider replies that you like and to disregard those that you dislike.

Shnang, Dudu, sean128309 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.