Damage calculator - All classes

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Geyforlife, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    I'm certain Tim's chart considered ele effectiveness for paladins. I don't think paladin damage would be anywhere near the other classes without type effectiveness. I didn't do an updated chart because didn't think it was worth doing. Maybe I'll do one soon.

Rather than making new charts, I'm looking forward to doing controlled runs at krexel eye 2 to investigate the accuracy of the calculations. Not too long ago, when I was frustrated at my shadower's damage, I decided to compare my hero against my shadower. By some coincidence, or not, my 9.8k shad and 11.2k hero took exactly the same time to kill eye 2, in 23mins 40seconds (using stoppers). I tried to video record the run but due to some settings problem, it wasn't recorded properly.

What I did with the results were to put my range on my calculator and look at what the calculator predicts and the difference between actual and synthetic calculation. The calculator predicted near equal DPS, around 189k, for both classes (as far as I can remember) and was indeed accurate since both completed eye2 in the same time. Also the actual DPS was ~7-8% less than the synthetic calculation, from 189k to 176k.

I think this was a rather good sign that my calculator was accurate for heroes and shads as being 7% off seemed like a reasonable gap if we consider that the calculator does not consider defence of the monster and other idle time like rebuffing...

But if I could reproduce these tests for other classes, and get an approximately similar result, I think it could give further credit to the accuracy of the calculator. Maybe after that I would consider making another set of charts.

P.S.
    I'm gonna be making a couple of generalisation and opinions here, please don't take offence.

To anybody looking at these charts and making a decision on a new character based on dps, my recommendation would be a male night lord. Gears are also f***ing cheap when compared to other classes statwise.

If you are a rebel and don't mind missing out on alchemist, play Corsair.

If you are a new player, and can't afford to wash much, play a warrior/shadower/bucc.

If you want to play a support role, and can wash hp somewhat, but would likely have little funds to upgrade gears, play a marksman. Or a bowmaster if you think you are playing for the endgame

If you like to play solo or be an unkillable endgame boss, play as a washed shadower. Shadowers are actually incredible at solo because they aren't affected by party buffs much and are incredibly tanky.

If you love your favourite class, just play your favourite class. Gone are the days when I would actually treat buccs/shads as half an attacker. There really aren't any exceptionally bad attacker class except single target mages lul.

Tsue and NTR like this.
  2. NTR

NTR Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLordGrim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hulu
    About the element weakness on pala, how would you explain that in Tim’s chart the dps for pala is pretty much rock bottom (pretty much the lowest or close to shad) but from what I understand Pala does much more damage to single targets than classes like Hero or DK when it’s element weak? To be fair I have no idea how it is calculated other than the brief description he has written there

Geyforlife likes this.
  3. Geyforlife

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
  4. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    Hey any chance you can add barrage + demo as it is the best single target dps for Buccs that don’t hit max dmg yet,no?

5. onekeystory

onekeystory Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Raffinato
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    Hi, I think the DPS/DPM calculation for axe hero is missing the slash:stab ratio factor.

I have tested the DPM on my own server and it shows that the axe is 5% slower than 2h sword although they have the same DPM from the damage calculator. Once I multiply the axe DPM by 0.95, the result would be accurate.

Geyforlife likes this.
  6. Geyforlife

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    I'm trying to see if I actually missed something... I created the calculator based off the formulas from: https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2009/09/06/maplestory-formula-compilation/

I couldn't find a Q multiplier that changes based on whether we are slashing/stabbing.

One Handed Axe/BW/Wand/Staff (Swinging)
    Primary: STR * 4.4
    Secondary: DEX

One Handed Axe/BW/Wand/Staff (Stabbing)
    Primary: STR * 3.2

Two Handed Axe/BW (Swinging)
    Primary: STR * 4.8

Two Handed Axe/BW (Stabbing)
    Primary: STR * 3.4

Code:
    DAM = (A/100)*[(K*S)+D]*Q

Instead, stab/slash damage difference is expressed through the K multiplier, which changes depending on the weapon and whether we slash/stab.
    I looked through Sire's post, and it looks to me that Sire used a singular K value even if the weapon was BW/Axe. Which is fine, since Sire represents the changed K via the Q factor.

Code:
          Slash/Stab
    Sword: 100%/100%
    Axe:   110%/ 80%
    BW:    110%/ 80%
    Spear:  75%/125%
    PA:    125%/ 75%
    The slash/stab table above is very similar to the actual ratio of K between slash/stab too.

For 1h axe,
    110%/80% = 4.4/3.2

For spears/polearm,
    125%/75% = 5/3

Though for 2h axe, the ratio is slightly off by ~2.5%.

If you have access to actual source code and can check how this is all calculated, it would be nice. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to dig deep into the code.

I have no way to know if the dps formulas are accurate, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some errors here and there though.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Tsue and onekeystory like this.
  7. LeftNoot

LeftNoot Member

Country Flag:
    I know this might be considered necro-posting, but Red/Diamond Arrows give 10 atk now, not 4 atk. Spent like 20 minutes parsing code to find that error xD