HP Washing

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Mimsy, Jan 6, 2017.

?

Is HP washing a bad game mechanic?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    Well you have an entire different view of how the game should be played, and I personally think you're wrong.

What you describe is that game that had to be played, because of bad circumstances.
    Soon after Nexon realized this HP washing "feature" they had mistakenly created, they used it to milk it's players for money more effectively.
    This is downright bad game design. The kind of design is today dominating the mobile gaming genre.

This is not the kind of game I wanna play. And I do believe many more agree with me.
    I feel you are too scarred from this game, that you fell a victim to it's flaws, and now you're too deep; actually believing this is how the game is meant to be played.

MapleRoyals can be a great mixture of nostalgia AND good game design.
    And I really hope it could be changed. I like it here.

I don't think recreating a character after you invested so much time in it, because you didn't exploit a bug, is part of how the game should be played.
    The gaming industry developed since then, and realized how to create a good stats systems.
    Again, even Nexon fixed it in the end. not because they wanted to try something new with their newer patches, but because it is BAD GAME DESIGN, nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2019
    Tivu, ginwolf and Hamburg like this.
  2. ^-^

^-^ Active Member

Incase you didn't get your answer after 2 years, GMS did HP wash for PB, not everyone but majority of the people on the teams did, the first clear teams anyways. Most washed to ~13k and add a drk to every party, other than that wheels wheels wheels.

Depending on certain people, quite a few funded their washing through MTS on GMS and overall just buying NX from people who did sell.

There's absolutely nothing hard about remaking a character on this server considering the EXP boost unless you've chaos'd some insane untradeable items. Sure Nexon fixed some things, after already destroying their game and HP washing becoming irrelevant.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    lambchop, Ray and Talo like this.
  3. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    Why do you centralize this game around HP washing? this is insanity. As in my previous comments, the gameplay this poor game design has created became the norm.
    Please. this game isn't about HP washing.

4. ^-^

^-^ Active Member

I'm not exactly sure where you see that I said this game was centralized around HP washing or even close to that. I answered your question and replied to your previous comment.

lambchop and Ray like this.
  5. Talo

Talo Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Talo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boba
    I see your point and i partly agree but as i said to me this is the type of stuff i love about old games and royals deserves alot of credit for their work. That's a pretty harsh way to look at things, i did the same just as you had an NL as my first char and not only that i joined about 3 months ago.
    Alot of time was invested too.
    but check this out, the further i studied the skills and endgame goals each class had ive come to realise that NL is one of the strongest DPS chars you can have and the one of the most if not most expensive ones u can have too.
    Now imagine they would have high base HP aswell so theres no need for hp washing right?
    This basically means that is no boss to stand in your way now.
    Plus add the fact that this server has its own rates so leveling isnt that much of an issue.
    We would just get parties full of NL'S everyone wanting to solo everything and that's it all the variety is gone which in the end will take away the social aspect of the game. Ring a bell? Oh yea that's GMS currently the same game nexon "fixed" just as you said.
    My point is there is a very well thought out balance to this private server and there is a reason its number 1 and is in fact running for several consecutive years.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  6. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    I never said my solution to HP washing was making it EASY.
    I said let's make it not stupid. I wanna just level up and not deal with end game stuff in level 10.
    HP quest solution can be specialized for each class to make it worth it.
    Then when you reach bossing levels you start your journey of gaining HP.
    No INT, no AP resets, no shit.

You claimed that because in GMS they did it it's OK to keep things so buggy and bad when now we are older and smarter.
    We don't have to deal with unfun mechanic in most of our game play just to prepare ourselves to end game. This game is not only the end game.

What is the difference between starting a new char, having base int and then sucking early game (to the point you can't do anything but get leeched) or having INT gear which means you worked your ass off to make money rather then playing your desired character and having fun.
    OR having fun with your desired character, when suddenly, as you grow, learning the game, realizing you might need to have enough HP to play the end game, so you start digging and find out about nice HP quests (which will be tough/pricey/TBD) which will mean that you now have a goal to work towards to!

The difference here is that in the first case your didn't have to suffer, recreating your char, not enjoying early game, start calculating and doing tedious shit that slowly drains your soul to hell.
    While in the second case, you played your ass off and just encountered a new challenge to tackle (whether it's earning money, collecting stuff or whatever) so now, after finishing a series of challenges, enjoy the end game!

The HP quest solution can be equally hard to gaining tons of AP resets and mesos for a good INT gear that will carry your HP to the end game. But, it will be FAIR.

@Evan Hi, can you please move this thread to Feedback?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2019
    Talo and Tivu like this.
  7. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Done!

8. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    I feel nerfing boss damage is easier than adding custom ways to increase HP

Or just make defence stats more useful in terms of damage reduction

PeaCats, Mimsy, Hamburg and 1 other person like this.
  9. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    So, the polls speak for themselves. It's a bogus outmoded bug that's abused and now required to mention in advertising (washing optional!) because nobody is willing to change because it keeps people voting, and that equals lots of investment and traffic.

Also, hp washing is the entire economy. Nx is the gold standard that mesos are measured by, primarily through APR. After that, the economies second largest engine, which is equally symptomatic and tied to the apr standard, is leeching, which is mostly used, bought, or sold, by washers. It's where most money is spent and made. Dovetail one of the most leeched training spots have one of the most lucrative perf drops for easily the most expensive and washed class, NL, and that to be able to afford both leech and apr and afford gear to wear on such an invested char you need to sell leech at some point to make steady income, because you obviously cant use your washing char, or you need a third char that is somehow already funded and deep in 4th job, so were talking three chars if you're leeching yourself to also supplement income and save money, which requires max gen, which can be billions alone, ot to mention mage gear, or max meteor, or blizzard, which will also require an hs mule, so a third or 4th char or someone you can always count on but it's unlikely they will give you free hs so then its split which isn't ideal--youre looking at an insane cascade of time invesment, not to mention, a great deal of luck and coordination with other players, JUST so you can have a character that doesn't get 1hko against a boss that could just do leas damage, because your class just needs a bit more hp...

This massive complex cascade of requirements and time, only then can the gatekeepers allow you to HT, who happens to also drop three of the most crucial books to this entire process (lvl3 ironic key), genesis 30 for the class that leeches you, triple throw 30 for the character you're washing who you needs to be your washed attacker at ht, and maple warrior 20, which can increase your washing potential because of the int % total boost

Wack

Hamburg and Tivu like this.
  10. nosebleed

nosebleed Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Absolutely love HP washing and everything about it. Loved it back on gMS too and honestly even more so than I do currently (since everybody gets to HP wash for free on here-fuck that). Most of the people opposing it have cited inaccurate reference points all throughout this thread and are incredibly misinformed. It's almost like those opposing it weren't the ones who were washing back in the day on gMS and are instead forming a stance based on their (in)experience as a casual observer rather than that of an experienced participant.

SpamHealPlz likes this.
  11. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    lmaoo

"most of what everyone said is wrong":
    -very well said
    -helpful
    -immediately understand how wrong we all are through your many specific and direct counterpoints
    -thank u

"Its mr. Gerald j. nosebleed, for the, checks, yes. Nosebleed is one word, yes. After midnight? No--thank, you. Anytime"

mishmash, Hamburg and Tivu like this.
  12. MoriForest

MoriForest Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    This is why we need Big Bang patch and Aran + Dual Blade!!!

lolo123, ginwolf and Johnny like this.
  13. raiueh

raiueh Well-Known Member

just know for those of you who already hate the "nightlord focused meta," class diversity is directly tied to HP washing whether you like it or not. if hp washing wasn't a thing why wouldnt you play the better dps classes for end game? think about something like this b4 making a whole thread addressing a arbitrary point

14. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy

15. bloodsicle

bloodsicle Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    i like having hp washing in the game. it is not nercessary for anything (even for ht, you can do it with squishy classes if you have HB)

in the old game where people actually paid money it was a pretty much pay to win system, and now it turned in this server to a grind-for-luxury system.

Hamburg likes this.
  16. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    Please, I hate it when people stay it's not necessary.

There is theory and there is the actual world.
    In theory, you can even HT unwashed. I get it. It's difficult but possible.
    But in the real world though, Everyone washes. No one will take unwashed characters to bosses since no one wants to waste their time.
    Which - makes washing mandatory.
    That's why I'm calling for a regulation and making the HP system challenging but FAIR.
    It doesn't mean that it has to be easy and everyone will easily get 30k.
    It means that no one will have to deal with crap and just play the game. Then when reaching bossing level, you can start deal with improving your HP to survive.
    No new character after you've worked so hard, no INT stuff, no AP resets. As I stated in many comments here.

17. raiueh

raiueh Well-Known Member

so are you intentionally ignoring the posts you cant twist into your favor? still waiting on your to address the whole best in slot point i made aka only needed ranged characters + se if washing was annexed/removed

18. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    I'm sorry but i can't agree with you.
    For NL you need tons of money, not only because of INT gear and AP resets. Gear is also expensive since this class is so powerful.
    And second, you assume EVERYONE plays NL simply because it's the BEST or whatever.
    Well i disagree. There are tons of fun and strong classes. Each class has it's perks, play style, it's own uniqueness.

And even if NL is extremely broken that doesn't mean that HP washing is ok.
    It just means maybe classes need some balancing to make all equally helpful in the end game (doesn't necessarily means DMG), just like Paladin got balanced recently.

All I'm suggesting is the exactly same game play, but without having to deal with tedious shit (recreating characters, calculations, AP resets, INT)
    I don't know why everyone here are so attached to INT or AP resets. Things can be done better.

19. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    I think Hyper Body isn't encouraged in Horntail cause of the Dispel - they want higher success rate

And players would prefer Hero over Dark Knight in terms of damage since Dark Knight need aim for 30k HP (for easier Berserk)

Mimsy likes this.
  20. raiueh

raiueh Well-Known Member

okay buddy so are we playing on a server personally tailored to you and this imaginary game you'd rather be playing? the server is supposed to be nostalgic, not a retake on old school maple with custom balancing. pally got buffed to bring it more inline because it was so bad compared to other melees, drk didnt really see many changes, and neither did hero. yet bucc, yet again was buffed to bring it more inline with the other classes. so you're saying buff all the ranged classes to make them deal as much dps as nl, thus making melee even more worthless in the process? you cant have the best of every world, otherwise you'll wind up with another gms mess where no class actually has diversity; they all do the exact same thing so there's no point in not always bringing the strongest class/classes. hp washing works as one of the many checks to the range classes so that while they benefit from being the stronger attackers during bossing they dont cleanly overshadow their melee counterparts. some balancing you've got going on