HP Washing

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Mimsy, Jan 6, 2017.

?

Is HP washing a bad game mechanic?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe
    Simplest solution to whom? Vote abusers? They are breaking the economy anyway, at least having to buy shit loads of aprs is slowing them down, we can't possibly add a shortcut for them to use.

Tivu likes this.
  2. kupsztat34

kupsztat34 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ShadowOfKoko
    Level:
    9X
    Lol. And what's that going to give us? You will still need to form a specific party to be able to boss. Not every pt has a dk. And my opinion is that parties and bossess should not be class-dependent - absence of a specific class should make bossing harder but not impossible. The option you just suggested does not solve the problem of some classes having too low base HP and not being able to survive without washing.

DK should be helpful, sure. But should not be a necessity and buffing HB would cause inequity in parties. Just like BM with SE - most of smegas with boss recruiting say "R> SE for boss" or "R> attacker, have SE". So the spell has risen to the level of necessity and I strongly disagree with buffing party skills because the diversity of party will be even narrower than atm

MoriForest likes this.
  3. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Okay, I understand

4. cascadaepic

cascadaepic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SubaruWRXSTi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascend
    hp washing is how first time noobs get potion money and is a good meso sink. either accept being mediocre with your sub 30 total attack gear and 5k hp nl with your 73 attack craven or earn mesos like the rest of us kek

5. kupsztat34

kupsztat34 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ShadowOfKoko
    Level:
    9X
    By "the rest of us" you mean the top few hundreds of players who spend 60h+ a week grinding, APQing, merching and leeching to get to (as your footer indicates) 110b Funded Attackers?

Being mediocre shouldn't mean you have to spend 90% of the time ingame on earning money just to be able to make any attacker. It means that people who have few hours a week to play don't want to choose between making money all the time and being reliable attacker at the end game...

6. cascadaepic

cascadaepic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SubaruWRXSTi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascend
    go ahead and make an attacker as your first character, see how that goes brah. being ignored after every whisper at zak/krex and being locked out of ht because you get one shot. i have a lvl 158 hero as my first character that i made naked after i realised too late i was useless. and heroes (and buccs and pallies which were completely worthless prebuff, and prebuff shads who could do same dps naked with a fruit knife as they could with 500b funding) are the least memeworthy attacker to make unfunded

if youre so desperate to play without the proper preperation then make a marksman, your dps scales like absolute trash but unfunded you are one of the strongest. you still get oneshot at ht though so good luck when you get dispelled then oneshot when trying to buy your htp l e l

7. kupsztat34

kupsztat34 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ShadowOfKoko
    Level:
    9X
    That's the point. Purpose of this thread is not to blame the game on the washing/funding mechanics but to emphasize to game masters that it's the potential issue which should somehow be solved. I am fully aware of the fact that unwashed and unfunded characters are useless in parties but as a person who created a high lvl character you should be able to understand those that spent months of casual playing to make a character they wanted just to find out that it's a waste of time

You really don't see any lack of logic in "PROPER PREPARATION"? What's that even supposed to mean? You need to prepare before creating a character? Have HS mule, high lvl mage? You can't play the game from the beginning unless you create certain class?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Mimsy, Nikolas, Hamburg and 3 others like this.
  8. cascadaepic

cascadaepic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SubaruWRXSTi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascend
    this is an old school game, where you need proper preparation and dedication to even consider beginning the real game. every old mmo is like this. flyff, wow classic, maple, everquest 1 & 2. all these games require hundreds of hours of preparation. if you want fast results go to retail wow where they hand out purple gear like candy or gw2 when gear matters even less than your sob story

why i bothered putting in 600 hours of S>PETRI 1 SHOT HS TC is so that i can say things like this. i walked the walk and so i can flex on you. im pretty sure theres people with 25+ attack fs that have every right to spit on me because they put in 5x the amount of work i did.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  9. MoriForest

MoriForest Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    TBH this is the exact mindset that people refer as elitism and is actually very cancerous in any MMORPG games. It actually makes you very unfriendly towards new players and come off as condescending twats.

lozy, smilinsphere, ginwolf and 16 others like this.
  10. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe
    Did you even read what you wrote? You are telling me I should give up on full time job(600 hours would've been a good salary) to pursue a nostalgic game to even begin with? You are telling me I shouldn't try any old game without putting "Hundreds of hours" into preparation? Why would I not be able to PLAY the game instead of "preparing to play" it?
    I respect you being a "good" player(you can choose your own definition to what makes a good player), but you wouldn't get anywhere without washing. You wouldn't be able to sell 1 hour of leech because people would actually play the game. You owe your work to hp washing, and I can see why you are protecting it, but that doesn't give you any right to "flex" on people who would not like to spend 500 hours just to begin playing the video game, because their opinion matters too.

lozy, bosstm, pinkmachette and 4 others like this.
  11. cascadaepic

cascadaepic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SubaruWRXSTi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascend
    the vast majority of players here think like i do at least in terms of wanting to flex on people, they just dont say it. just like sparky says, why people shortcut by rwt is so that they can have the joy of flexing at bosses, the highly overt ones get investigated and banned.

all you 5-box stopper farmers, ulu1 campers and leech sellers ask yourself, why do we bother putting in hundreds of hours of monotonous work in a game with only 1000 concurrent players? because we all want to be better than others.

12. cascadaepic

cascadaepic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SubaruWRXSTi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascend
    i can just go farm ml5 or ulu to earn 80m an hour and i get heaps of noobs(about 70%) wearing non int gear as a hunter/hermit who buy it too and i bought it myself on my first trash tier hero. 600 hours isnt a lot if you play 2 hours a day for a year.

think of it as going to the gym. whatever anyone tells you why they go, 100% of us go because we want to be better than the mediocre unfit person. every day we aspire to be better than the average person. thats what motivates us to go consistently over many years and become better than the average person. same concept applies to making a proper 12k+ nightlord with at least 91/19 + 50 attack gear which is pretty average in comparison to the crazy numbers fryslan members put out.

13. kupsztat34

kupsztat34 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ShadowOfKoko
    Level:
    9X
    LOL. 600 hours for the preparation before starting actual game isn't much?

Tivu and Nikolas like this.
  14. cascadaepic

cascadaepic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SubaruWRXSTi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascend
    try playing reboot if you think 600 hours is too long. level all link skill mules, make lvl 200 kanna, farm %meso gear, THEN farm mesos and then AND ONLY THEN, you make your main.

15. MoriForest

Country Flag:
    I farm because elitists wouldn't reply to my whisper when I asked to join boss run on my good ol' 4k range 7k hp shitstain NL Breloom that won't survive HT without HB.

ginwolf, Labour, NTR and 1 other person like this.
  16. kupsztat34

kupsztat34 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ShadowOfKoko
    Level:
    9X
    OK mate, you are clearly missing the point. I am not saying that it should be easy to make a character. But do you think that putting hundreds or thousands of hours into preparation in ANY game is ok? Argument that official game server demands even more from the players is pointless. That server is and always was P2W. All I, as well as my preceding speakers, want to say is that it SHOULD NOT be necessary to perform all these actions (creating characters, leeching, farming, etc) to be able to play on a high lvl. Don't you REALLY think that the game should be more about creating high att gear/eq instead of creating a character that has high HP? It should either be assured as an in-game mechanic or players should be given a choice to perform quests / buy high DEF eq...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    ginwolf, Tivu, Nikolas and 2 others like this.
  17. cascadaepic

cascadaepic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SubaruWRXSTi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascend
    noone in their right mind would think its worth hundreds of hours just for the experience of pressing 1 button watching yourself throw 6 stars for 2 hours.

no. deep inside you were ticked off that you were too trash, so you wanted to better yourself and show everyone how good you are at this game and now look at you, way more funded than i am. you dont want to admit it but you want the same as i do.

18. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe
    Unrelated to the thread but I truly think you have the wrong mindset in life. You should strive to improve yourself, to be a better person, not everything in life is a competition. Not everyone goes to the gym to "be better than everyone else", those who do, spend half of their workout looking in the mirror. Let your success speak for you.

ginwolf, Sen, lxlx and 7 others like this.
  19. MoriForest

Country Flag:
    Bruh my entire attack gear set isn't even half of your signature. Stop assuming shit LOL. I was fortunate to be surrounded by good buddies that I can join them to boss despite my very average gear, but at what cost? Hours of farming only to buy APR to wash my BM to 13k HP@Lv155 so that I could be a reliable BM at HT. I hated every part of the preparation, from leeching to begging buying APR from players at FM1, not to mention I had to do stupid mathematics (I hated you since highschool) just to calculate how many HP I can wash.

This whole HP washing is fucking stupid but we were stuck with no choice but to go through it or be left behind by the other. It really need to change because I don't remember stressing so much over my hp when I played in MSEA in 2007.

lozy, bosstm, ginwolf and 10 others like this.
  20. kupsztat34

kupsztat34 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ShadowOfKoko
    Level:
    9X
    I like maths. Always did. Both my work and my studies were based on it. But let's leave it at work and school, lol. Game should be played, not calculated...

ginwolf, RoyalCupcake, Gert and 4 others like this.