HP Washing

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Mimsy, Jan 6, 2017.

?

Is HP washing a bad game mechanic?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nikolas

Nikolas Member

Country Flag:
    Lol? WoW classic doesn't screw you over on your first character because you didn't abuse a bug in fact maplestory is the only old mmo I've ever seen that has this. You don't get screwed out of anything on WoW classic because you made a character and played on it unlike maplestory.

2. jcstate

jcstate Donator

Country Flag:
    I would be fine if they just made the current hp quest chain repeatable like once a month.

lozy, ginwolf, Gert and 2 others like this.
  3. cascadaepic

cascadaepic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SubaruWRXSTi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascend
    it kinda does if you made a warrior/rogue as your first character. How will you ever farm gold for your epic mount and boe bis when you have to sit and eat after every green mob and not be able to solo an elite without popping all your cooldowns?

Everyone makes a mage as their first to aoe farm gold or hunter to sell princess ring runs to fund their prot warrior who is worthless outside of molten core.

4. cascadaepic

cascadaepic Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SubaruWRXSTi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascend
    GG to all the people with godly int gear. their market value just plummets like a rock l e l

*i sell leech at lvl 197 no problem. int gear will depreciate in value guaranteed if this is in place *(personally i like it but i dont imagine the int gear people would)

5. Nikolas

Nikolas Member

Country Flag:
    Nobody I know has ever done this and these are people who have been there day one in queues that were 15000 people long. Ever heard of selling dungeon runs? You don't play WoW classic do you it is impossible to not see people in chat selling strath live runs with orbs reserved and the many other options that there are for warriors. The idea that you think warriors spend most of their time killing things in the open world is genuinely hilarious. You think warriors/rogues who made that character first get told they are going to never be able to get to do the endgame raids? That's what happens in maplestory that doesn't happen in any shape or form in WoW classic you don't need alts at all every class has options.

6. jcstate

jcstate Donator

Country Flag:
    It would take a year to get 6k hp. I think your int gear will be fine.

7. kupsztat34

kupsztat34 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ShadowOfKoko
    Level:
    9X
    Ok, that's another approach. I admit it would be unfair to leave those who spent billions on washing high and dry. Maybe administrators will find a way to somehow refund the NX or mesos that people have spent on resets? Or maybe let's leave the mechanic of washing as is and add the quests so these who want to be godly and have 30k HP NL @135 can mix two strategies. These who want to "just survive" will have to deal with regular (repeatable or time-consuming) quests. Call it a win-win?

8. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    Mages will always be needed, they are the best grinders, and leech will still be sold to lazy people.
    I agree INT prices will drop, but maybe not as much as you think.

9. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    Most int gear (like maple shield, high int bathrobes, earring, eyes, gloves, ) are primarily made for mages to use with washing only being a secondary use.
    Even if washing didn't exist people will still use them

Only a few items are specifically scrolled for washers like the wooden wand, green bandana, low lvl capes and they are usually cheap with prices of 200-300m at max

There are only a few people who scroll them to godly levels and most people wouldn't pay like 2b for a 17 int wand when you can just add more base int instead
    So even if their prices drop it's only a small niche market that doesn't affect the economy much.

lozy, Mimsy, Nikolas and 7 others like this.
  10. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    also why are people speaking as if fluctuations in market values based on supply and demand is an inherently bad thing

that's just like, the nature of human society and has nothing to do with the overall health of the economy

sorry you spent 100m on a level 8 weapon but the economy will be just fine without you honey

i can't even believe we're even having this nuanced of a discussion about mapleroyals economy lmfao

Nikolas, ginwolf, MaiAh and 7 others like this.
  11. JeffMezos

JeffMezos Active Member

Country Flag:
    Precisely. Stocks drop, and if it's for the greater good (dealing with HP washing) then there is no reason to be against it

Mimsy, Nikolas, ginwolf and 4 others like this.
  12. Halkye

Halkye Well-Known Member

How is it not a bad game mechanic? If you create a night Lord you have to put stats on int, beeing useless until endgame. It also frustrates many players(especially who is new) that lvl up with party quests and just have to leech the guy that is washing(and they are assholes if they don't agree to be on a party with you, because that's just what it is).
    That's like doing a project for college and you have that guy on your group that doesn't do anything and gets the same grade as you just by saying: I can only do stuff after 3 years of college and then I'm able to

ginwolf and JeffMezos like this.
  13. BuddyTheFrog

BuddyTheFrog Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    It’s pretty simple, if you want to get rid of washing vote NX would need to go to like 1-2k a day instead of 8k nx or the economy would no longer be stable.

14. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    This is not a very good idea because the whole endgame gear economy is reliant on cash items like Cs, ws, ele wands, stonetooth and so on
    Giving only 1-2k nx will cause a huge inflation with all prices going up and make it even harder for new players

In addition if you only got 1k Nx a lot of people will stop voting and vote for other servers that give more nx instead. This will cause royals to lose the top position in gtop. Once royals is no longer at the top less people will join it and will join other servers instead, causing the whole population to decline.

pinkmachette, Tect and Hamburg like this.
  15. Phibs

Phibs Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Phibs
    Level:
    The only way that new players can meaningfully enter and contribute to the economy is through AP Resets. Disturbing that balance will make the hurdle to joining this community even higher than it already is.

AP Resets are the Robin Hood of commodities. They literally transfer wealth from the rich to the poor.

Without voting and subsequently selling AP Resets, I wouldn't have made it through my first weeks on Maple Royals. Experienced players seem to forget that your first 500m is the hardest to make.

I know not all suggested changes to the way HP washing works in Royals results in reducing a player's reliance on AP Resets - however, do consider how this would effect newer players when making suggestions that do.

TN Laxus and Tsue like this.
  16. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    3 years into royals and I haven't sold a single ap reset to this day... :oops:

ginwolf, Penny and MoriForest like this.
  17. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe

I am sorry my dude but that's completely wrong. The community became so fed up with money that new players want to have 500m to start the game. I have seen countless newbies shouting for money in fm, and continue to shout after I give them 500k, because everyone thinks you need a lot of money to play the game, which is completely untrue.
    Newbies will be able to enter the community via gachapon, selling teeth, heartstoppers, common godly drops, fame selling, ore selling, and countless other ways to earn money in the game.
    The money comes from somewhere right? That's from people who actually play the game, npc their items, and collect meso. Everyone can do that. And the game scales the npc meso to reward you for reaching higher levels and killing higher level monsters.

18. bosstm

bosstm Active Member

face it there will not be any changes to hp washing. we need to deal with it=/

19. YYUMMMY

YYUMMMY Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Sell Orange hooded shirt in cash shop --> 3800 NX

lozy, ginwolf, LotusLeaf and 2 others like this.
  20. BuddyTheFrog

BuddyTheFrog Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I didn’t say this was a good idea I just said if washing was eliminated the economy would be destroyed by all of the extra gachapon