Control 5 characters at once?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NXBaby, Jan 20, 2020.

1. FireHeart

FireHeart Donator

Country Flag:
    Brilliant, stuff like this is what I had in mind when I wanted to discuss the viability of selling multiple leech at once (and got flamed by a certain guild) and other advanced multiclienting options. At Ulu 2, it would be quite viable to micro three clients going back and forth between two ult spots and still maintain decent exp rates. It would still be fair to the buyer if you charge a bit less than the market rate for leech.

Example profit on three clients at Ulu 2:
    3 x 60m [leech] + 3x30m [drops] = 270m/hr
    {Can even use only 1 HS mule if you ask buyers to stand at top so your HS mule can CC.}

If you want to do a loot only method at Ulu 1 on two channels and not sell leech that's cool too and probably even better because you don't have to deal with buyers and multiple client NPCing.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. MushroomYoYo

MushroomYoYo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    To be honest, ulu2 is better for single mage since you cant tc on the rope.
    Second, buyers will get much more exp in 2 (compared to 1).
    I dont know why the leech in ulu1 and ulu2 are equal.
    (Take me as an example, 20 m exp/hr in ulu1 and 24 m exp/hr in ulu2.)

MoriForest, Aestel, Johnny and 5 others like this.
  3. MushroomYoYo

Country Flag:
    My point is to make all maplers know what is happening and how to deal with it in the most simplest way.
    If you guys dont care about how ridiculous it actually is, I feel fine about it as well. :love:

4. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

All i can say is Tw. No1

AhLiGaddo likes this.
  5. NTR

NTR Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLordGrim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hulu
    Considering that you can hold both keys down, cast your skill and it automatically cycles through your clients in a loop, it is still considered 1:1? Would love some clarification on how this isn't considered breaking the rules before risking a possible ban :O #throwbacktomousekeys

Excluding the looter walking around (sacrificing a little $ for supreme convenience), you can just hold down Alt+Esc on all your clients while watching your movies then.. surely there are a lot more applications. In any case I don't think it is as hard as people make it out to be. You can already manually left click the clients and press the skill key with similar effect, just that it's a little slower. However that is definitely 1:1 so nothing controversial here.

All that being said I like how Jooon over-farmed to the point he got banned, I think that's an achievement in itself :)

6. MushroomYoYo

Country Flag:
    Just a too boring mushroom to try everything in an ultimate way. :(
    (From the duo mages in ulu1, to 4 mages in ulu1 or everywhere...)

Mooshy likes this.
  7. YYUMMMY

YYUMMMY Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    No sir imma legit player i only fire up one mapleroyals scania-1 at a time. i only have one toon that i own not like thes hacker thta hav multipal acunts and multipal bitchshops and multipal fap mages. my only toon is a = pirate and i always sell fame and pay tax on ONE toon. i report my earnings on smeg becos im not that shady scooby doo wolf of wool street money laundry scammer.

Zusti, ginwolf, Dony and 12 others like this.
  8. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    And I thought I was serious about this game, doing advent and snowman quests on more than 1 character, and here you are farming on 5 characters at once. No wonder it's difficult to find free ulu channels. I can't believe u guys do this :o

Jimmers and MaiAh like this.
  9. YYUMMMY

YYUMMMY Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    GM ban Joone!! hes too sus !! hel do it again !!! even tho he mita servd his full ban suspension it mita be a tiny bit bad for tha community. he is lik a wilted flowa on a sandy shore. if i ese a drunkard and i crash mi car to a tree. wuda tree forgiv me??
    i ese not a hacker like June im a philosophikal thinka like boy george n mikal jakson.

KenE, ginwolf, Dony and 10 others like this.
  10. ilyssia

ilyssia Donator

u okay?

11. Scab

Scab Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Scab
    Level:
    To me, this just emphasizes how a lot of the gameplay changes that took the fun out of newschool maple are already present in royals.

Things like pet potions just take away one of the fundamental gameplay elements.
    Grinding and bossing are both supposed to require effort.
    To me it's crazy that people putting weights on keys gets seen as a reason to ban people instead of as a reason to make the game more challenging.

Anyway, good to know that there is a method to being 5 times the noob i was before

12. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    (2client-user)nerf or disable multiclienting already... don't nerf-ruin content furthermore because of it
    heartstoper extreme days of ~ alt tab summon click~ wasn't broken enough i guess (now all summons are kinda useless)

13. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    People complain about inflation of ws/cs, but the ability to easily squeeze 100m+ of npc mesos out of a single ulu1 channel (either by duoing with yourself since 1 shotting ulu1 is trivial with an archmage or duoing with a friend) is a huge factor in inflating those prices. nuke this map into the ground.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    harp, ginwolf, Shnang and 3 others like this.
  14. HealBell

HealBell Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HealBell
    Or, instead of removing a good leech and training map, just get rid of multi-clienting which is the actual issue. If multiple people are working together to farm, thats fine. But if you're full clearing multiple channels by yourself while also summon farming on the side, there's a problem. Even if ulu 1 gets nerfed, people are just going to do the exact same thing on a different map. What then? Keep nerfing maps until there are no more viable training/farming spots?

Removing multi-clienting would also reduce the number of mules. I know its a scary thought, but people would actually have to play Mapleroyals like its an MMO and work together, rather than solo everything with their mules.

David2016, harp, rustygreen and 8 others like this.
  15. Guedin

Guedin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Comedor
    Guild:
    Pepe
    guys, don't get frustrated with the hard core way someone plays your game. you worry a lot about standards and ways to regulate things within a free game.

if you are not willing to do the same, just don't do it. do not try to end the fun of those who play in a hard core way or feeding the feeling of "justice" wanting to end something.

if you want to play in a limited way, get together with people who want the same, there is room for everyone in the game ...

renew yourself

chainyu0220, ginwolf, Sha and 6 others like this.
  16. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

Someone with every mule except for SI/TL and crash ( i had 5 crash mules in the work, quit that project though ) speaking here. So basically just HS/SE/HB/Magemule/Chief Bandit mule for low lvl bigfoot leech.

I'd prefer a muleless Royals aswell, sure more mesos to split amongst SE/HS/SI/HB Players since no muling is possible, but the prices for items would drop too. Ofcourse if we get a proper working autoban system that is..

17. Lowly

Lowly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lowly
    Level:
    I actively have 3 when farming ulu1. One mage high, one mage low and a character to loot. Skill macro gen, blizz, meteor 3x and click back and forth. Loot while they are casting their 3 attacks. Rinse and repeat. 250m an hour not including tickets, godlier merchables, or leeching anybody. Add another two would be excessive but not undoable. Don't punish hardcore players for optimizations you don't want to put forth the effort to do.

Jooon and Guedin like this.
  18. Guedin

Guedin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Comedor
    Guild:
    Pepe
    Do you really think a game with fewer mules would cause prices to drop? Prices today are what they are because few people are needed to do the game activities. this automatically increases the supply, which causes prices to fall.

What you are proposing is impossible on a server with 3.2x exp, 4x mesos and 2x drop.

I believe that the founders of this server did it to feed the nostalgia of adults who do not have as much time to dedicate to the game more, thus, facilitating the gameplay.

But as i mentioned, you need to join people who are really willing to play in your style ... I particularly go HT with shad, hero, bucc, marksman, etc. But I also do it with mules, it all depends on which group i'm participating at the moment.

FuminoAya likes this.
  19. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    there is way more efort needed by farming on 1/2 clients then farming on more clients
    if that was not the case maplers would not use extreme mutliclient to get more for their efort
    so i don't know who is punishing who or why it's used as excuse by "hardcore" players s

normal grind/farm vs broken extreme use of multiclient TC grind/farm

20. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    it is not more effort to farm on 1 or 2 clients at ulu1. i can go for 6 or 7 hours easily with the only limiting factor being how bored i get while with quad 3-4 hours is basically the hard limit.