Closed Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal' started by Ceracity, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Ceracity

Ceracity Member

Country Flag:
    Character Name: Magicalizing
    Last thing you did: Leeching/farming my own characters at Gallopera
    Why do you think you got banned?: Account sharing/afk farming/playing without looking at the screen
    Ban message when attempting to log in: This is an ID that has been deleted or blocked from connection
    What GM banned you (optional): N/A

2. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    You were permanently banned for macro botting on your character Magicalizing.

3. Ceracity

Ceracity Member

Country Flag:
    How was I macro botting? All I was doing was holding 2 buttons and moving back and forth every so often. I have 2 keyboards that I was able to extend far away from my computers, which allowed me to watch tv while farming on my 4 characters which were all preset to stand in one spot with 4 pets so I don't have to loot anything. I had 2 characters, 1 on each side of the map so that I could just move them every so often so they don't stop attacking. I have been doing this for a very long time and so it's only natural for me to not have to look at the computer while farming. I have gone through a lot of testing to the point that I don't even have to look at the screen when I'm farming and I could just watch TV or do something else while I hold down onto 2 buttons, which would be either the Blizzard or genesis spell I was casting to kill the entire map.

4. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    You were moved to a different map and you didn't respond when someone was prompting you to. Your character would walk a bit, cast genesis, walk a bit, cast hs, cast genesis, walk a bit, etc. They tried to get your attention for several minutes without a response from you. That is what deemed you to be macro botting and resulted in a permanent ban.

5. Ceracity

Ceracity Member

Country Flag:
    May I ask how long you waited for a response? If it was less than 10 minutes, I would say that is why because I often don't look at my computer when farming. The only time I would look at it is if I have to feed my pets. The way I do it is, that i have a stopwatch that has a timer, so all I have to do is walk for a 2-second increment and back the same amount. I have gotten it to be very precise, to the point I don't make too many mistakes. I don't stand near the very edge of the map bec I need to create room for error as I can not perfectly time the walking distance. When I do make a mistake, I end up just dying to the monsters and having to walk back, or us a mystical door to get back.

6. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    You need to be actively looking at your computer when training. I also find it very hard to believe that you were able to do all of this without looking at your screen and just did it by timing key presses precisely enough that your character moved the same distance back and forth every time before casting a skill. (I wasn't the one who banned you btw, I'm just going off of the recorded evidence.)

7. Ceracity

Ceracity Member

Country Flag:
    Could you prove to me that it is in the rule-breaking book that I have to be looking at my computer when training? And if so, does this result in a permanent ban? As I said before, I have practiced moving back and forth for a very long time before this. I do have to check my screen every 10-15 mins just to make sure I didn't make a mistake, but I was using my keyboard the entire time I was training my characters/looting with my pets. Also, to prevent this problem from happening again, I would suggest that you wait a little longer before deciding to ban me because I would have checked my screen after around 10-15minutes and I still do not know how long you guys waited until you banned me. It must have been less than 10 minutes.

8. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman

9. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    In your case, the movement of your character combined with the use of your skills in an area where there were no monsters present, and not responding when asked, was deemed to fall under the macro botting offense.

10. Ceracity

Ceracity Member

Country Flag:
    Wouldn't this scenario be a unique one because of my situation and what I have explained thus far? I find "prompted numerous times without a response over a long period" to be vague as "over a long period" most likely means more than 10 minutes, so I don't see it as an exception to a permanent ban someone who is just trying to multi-task. Also, I was not "visibly at the controls of [my] character" because my computer was behind me and I would have to turn my head to check up on it every 10-15 mins.

Game Hacking - The act of using or benefiting from any third-party program, macro program or otherwise defacing or modifying any part of the game software to gain any sort of advantage over other players, or otherwise selling, advertising, distributing or posting information related to the act. Punishment: Key macro First offense - 7 days, all other cases Permanent ban.

Robotic Play - The act of engaging in robotic or automatic play which allows any character you own to function autonomously or affect any portion of the game without your presence. Punishment: First offense - 7 day ban, Second offense - Permanent ban.

I found these two pieces of information from the "MapleRoyals Game Terms & Conditions" page posted by Matt. From what it says, even if you believe that I have violated the offense of key macroing, which I did not, the ban offense would be only 7 days. I understand that not responding to the GM over a short amount of time was suspicious, but I assure you that I was present at my keyboard with my back turned away from my computer.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  11. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Unless you can actually prove to us that you did in fact do those actions yourself, you will remain banned for macro botting as you did not respond to staff members contacting you when they attempted to get your attention. People that multi-task are still able to check back on their clients in a reasonable time and respond to those talking to them.

The key macro part is only for when players bind more than one action to a single key. This is not that case.

We only give robotic play offenses to those whose characters have been sitting in one spot spamming one single skill for a prolonged time without response. The most common case of this is when someone leaves a heavy object on their keyboard to cast skills for them while they are away.

Again, your character's movement and skill casting, all while not responding to those who attempted to contact you all fit the criteria for a permanent macro botting ban. Your appeal will not be discussed any further.