HP Washing

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Mimsy, Jan 6, 2017.

?

Is HP washing a bad game mechanic?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JacobSCA

JacobSCA Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Skirch
    Level:
    With base int, otherwise I won't get enough hp to do content. I washed up to 21k & intended to just get the extra 2-3k off of items & my natural int from items, but I'll need to reset my str to int if I want to actually play the game with my character apparently.

2. lozy

lozy Well-Known Member

holyshit i can relate so well, currently i have 1m cash to fund the AP reset for my "PERFECT" NL, voted from my day 1 to today maybe forgot to vote some days.
    i even created a cleric, had to stand the boredom to level till lv120 bishop and started to plan my NL hp wash today.
    shit, realized the cost is way more than that.

sometimes, somethings need to be changed, being a classic version doesnt mean it cant be changed as of how the classic version was.
    Even Blizzard(World of Warcraft) modified some changes in their classic WoW to ACTUALLY rebalanced stuff.

Mimsy likes this.
  3. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    How close to 27k are you with hb?

Hamburg likes this.
  4. JacobSCA

JacobSCA Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Skirch
    Level:
    I make it to 30k with HB, but I've been told the boss dispels, so I can't rely on HB

xDarkomantis and kyoko3102 like this.
  5. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    In my opinion, this version of MapleStory is the most "competitive" iteration in that you can't just create an attacker from day 1 and expect to be okay for late game content.

I find that challenge to be what makes people stay for the long haul versus you achieve everything you want on your first character and don't come back.

I think having that reach goal of a 30K hp NL or other attacker is what will keep people interested for time to come.

Also, I see people against HP washing say "I can't boss or what about pink bean?" but my response to that is not everyone should be entitled to end game content if they don't put the work in like any other MMORPG. Just because the content is there doesn't mean the game mechanics should be changed for your convenience.

There are plenty of other servers that eliminate the need of HP washing and if that is what you want, those are the options for you

TN Laxus likes this.
  6. NTR

NTR Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLordGrim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hulu
    Well I can see where you're coming from, but this server literally promotes itself as "HP Washing optional", and the staffs and some veterans are pretty adamant about HP washing being not necessary.

We all get that hard work is necessary for player retention, and the ideas here are not to make things easier, but rather to make it sensible. The idea of a useless character having shit ton of INT making use of an exploit and skipping tons of content (at least what I consider nostalgic) from lvl1-135 or even higher sounds ridiculous to me. Most of us learnt to adapt and continue playing but still I wanted to express my frustration at how much better it could have been..

7. Bayonetta

Bayonetta Donator

The extra mp hard quest seems like the best solution because it keeps ap resets relevant, new or mid players don't have to reset character and it doesn't invalidate old players hard grind.

NTR likes this.
  8. kyoko3102

kyoko3102 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    just made a nl with 7.3k hp (no more mp to wash) , dont think i will feel any inferior, just find a drk partner, like the old days

9. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    HP washing is still considered optional in this server. There are classes that do not require HP Washing at all to enjoy the full contents of the game.

Your idea of nostalgia is probably coupled with the fact that you have a DrK with HB for bossing and not HP washing being an issue.

10. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    Don't worry it's over a few years time.. its not like im messaging them everyday
    but the least i expect is a comment at least
    they just leave us hanging

xDarkomantis likes this.
  11. snoopy2102

snoopy2102 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    AschKetchup
    Level:
    Guild:
    Gryffindor
    hi @Stan can you write me a message please

12. NTR

NTR Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLordGrim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hulu
    It’s not optional if we are severely limited by the classes we can pick in order not to hp wash (and even so it is highly recommend that they do), and have to wash to experience all content.

We have a different definition of hp washing optional and that’s fine, but I want to point out that when people w/o much exp in the game look at the ad and see that hp washing is optional, they don’t think like “yay let’s be ultra limited in what I can play so I don’t have to Hp wash” but more like “time to play whatever class I want since hp washing is optional!” and then they enter royals and realize Washing/APR is a huge thing here; time to make a Bishop/mage, farm or sell leech, buy Apr and int eq then finally level and wash your attacker.

This is a commonly mentioned way to start off the game which is very narrow but efficient. The thing is that in this whole equation HP Washing is very much a thing and no where near as “optional” as claimed. Saying Hp washing is optional here makes me lol as much as saying NLs are not the most popular attacker in royals because they are balanced

Tivu, Geyforlife and xDarkomantis like this.
  13. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:

You're completely disregarding HB (party skill).
    No one says you HAVE to be able to tank boss hits without HB. HP washing just makes it more convenient.

You can create a NL or any attacker without HP washing and enjoy the contents of the game with HB.

That is what makes HP washing optional.

14. CWCW

CWCW Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lahv
    It's not optional if you still can't do certain content with HB

xDarkomantis likes this.
  15. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    I don't understand why we are under the impression that if you cannot do something solo or independently in an MMORPG that it's not considered optional.
    Every MMORPG has game mechanics and party skills that enable for raiding or bossing to be possible as a group.

16. CWCW

CWCW Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lahv
    What i meant is, even with hb without washing you are still unable to do certain boss such as toad and auf. So saying it's optional to wash its just crap

You're forced to wash in order to do toad/auf

NTR likes this.
  17. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    I'm using some rough numbers since I couldn't find exacts, but Shiyui's HP washing calculator shows that natural HP of NL at lvl 200 is 6393 HP without washing.
    With Hyperbody (+60%) you're at 10,229 HP.

This is excluding any HP you gain from HP quest, medals, and other equips like BFC so with all that your total HP with HB is much higher.

According to the Auf Haven guide (https://royals.ms/forum/threads/guide-to-neo-tokyo.146864/)
    "Boss Spawns in the Middle Bottom. Warriors Rush it Left immediately***.
    -Touch 24k
    -Shoots a Energy Ball That does ~9.6k Dmg And Dispels
    -Seduces Every Minute (40s~1min) 4-6players.
    -Slash Skill Does 9.8k. Boss will Jump Towards Player Does Contact Touch Damage of 24k.
    -Genesis Skill Does 9.5k Damage and Stuns."

I don't see any ranged damage that does more than 10,229 HP.
    As a ranged attacker, if you are getting hit by touch damage, then yes you should absolutely be 1 hit K.O'ed.

18. CWCW

CWCW Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lahv
    1. Auf can't be rushed anymore and with the slow movement(works the same way like in aqua road) in auf map you expect NLs to be able to dodge the physical contact is just plain impossible. With high ping its also kinda impossible to darkside before the rush skill hits you. Just to add on if you expect a drk to be at Auf and attacking is just a plain joke

2. Without any washing I dont see how a nl/bm is able to do toad even with HB.

19. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    from the spoiler below wat u copy pasted:
    Update #63
    Fixed an issue where rush could be used on Auf Haven.
    Rush no longer works in this map.

20. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    1. Yes, if the argument you were presenting was Toad damage needs to be adjusted to align for unwashed ranged attackers because it's impossible to survive in any shape or form, then I would agree with you, but that is not the argument. You're saying HP washing is intrinsically bad because Toad/Auf Haven damage/mechanics.

2. You're introducing bad ping as a means to change the mechanics of the game. I have never heard of such a thing in any MMORPG.

3. I understand why you're saying attacking with a Drk is a "plain joke" because of the added time to the raid since ranged attackers do more damage, but you're asking to change the mechanic of the game for your convenience so the boss or raid takes less time to complete.

4. Regardless of the rush mechanic being fixed, I still agree with the sentiment that as a glass-cannon ranged DPS character, if you take touch damage, you should be 1 hit K.O.ed.