HP Washing

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Mimsy, Jan 6, 2017.

?

Is HP washing a bad game mechanic?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    The thread is from 2017, and we've implemented a myriad of updates that helps alleviate the HP washing burden since then.

You asked a yes or no question to a VERY complicated issue, so just because people are voting yes doesn't mean they want it gone completely, and likewise with people voting no, it doesn't mean they don't want it changed slightly or something.

2. Neku

Neku Donator

Country Flag:
    There should be an "I really don't care. Happy Mapling!" option in the poll.

Rinn and Relmy like this.
  3. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    The poll itself isn't from 2017, added it after the 2019 bump.
    I was checking the poll voters regularly and his name just popped out to me today.

I just found it weird that at least Matt does agree on the matter that this is a bad game mechanic. didn't assume anything.
    Don't make assumptions on what I took from it, it's like you automatically assume people are idiots. (or maybe just me? :/)

my guess is you're already washed so who cares right?
    :(

NTR likes this.
  4. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    I'm not assuming anything- there's just no way to verify that you added the poll recently, as "thread edit history" only shows changes you make to the body of the post (I was actually unaware you could add a poll to an existing thread as a non-staff member- learn something new every day I suppose).

Regardless- my points still stand- people can vote yes or no for a bunch of reasons that fit into the category but doesn't mean they are going hard left or right in terms of the solutions. In fact- some of the older threads Ive quoted here, and suggested you read, you'll find matt saying it's not a perfect system but there's no way to reverse it (aka he could dislike it but there's nothing he can do short of drastically fucking up a lot of stuff lol).

I don't know where youre getting the "I assume people are idiots" part though.

Edit: also to jump off your other response- don't you have a heavily washed character?
    Edit 2: yeah looks like you mentioned it in the body of the thread as well, some people truly don't care if HP washing is in game or not- those opinions matter. Partially because "removing" HP washing out right, means the game is essentially where nexon wanted it- without any ways of boosting HP without scrolling items and HB- this is a way to play the game you can do now. Most people want washing gone, but want it introduced in a different way (some easier some harder), it's a complicated issue.

Edit: im actually pretty curious how you added a poll recently as that shouldnt be something you can do after the thread is posted.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  5. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    It is a bad mechanic, but, it would be totally devastating to take away to..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    NTR likes this.
  6. JacobSCA

JacobSCA Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Skirch
    Level:
    I don't know about everyone else's opinion, but I think removing HP washing entirely is stupid since the whole server is built upon it, the only change that should happen to it is some viable alternative to it. Having to remake characters just to play end game because you weren't a billionaire or invested a year of voting is silly. All that needs to happen is to have some super out of the way quest that increases your MP to maintain the AP reset prices. It doesn't even matter if washing is better (which it absolutely should be), there just needs to be an alternative. Having no alternative is what really makes the HP washing issue annoying.

Mimsy and NTR like this.
  7. NTR

NTR Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLordGrim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hulu
    The issue I see is that what is meant to be done by only the extreme players is now done on a large scale since NX and mesos are abundant and you have to start being useless early to wash. As a result, the only time players actually use the huge chunk of Low level content (grinding spots and actually contributing to PQs) are their first unwashed character whether it is on purpose or not.

Once you have a decent way to earn mesos and are not forced to go unwashed, players tend to want their subsequent character to have a better outcome, aka the permanent benefits of washing and thus the Low lvl content is not utilised and is typically a dead zone.

xDarkomantis and Mimsy like this.
  8. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    Low level content not being utilized has nothing to do with washing. It's due to leeching being quicker and more efficient as well as exp-trade in quests.

9. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    It does to some extent at least. After all washed players will have to get leeched since they are weak early game.

10. FireHeart

FireHeart Donator

Country Flag:
    Not necessarily true. Some leeching levels are abysmally slow, such as Wraiths 43-51. A class with AoE abilities, funded attack gear, and heartstoppers could power level way faster than leeching. But, not really possible with base int due to HP washing.

Not to mention all the people with low funds who would probably train their characters even if its a bit slower than leeching since they want to save money. But, because of HP washing they choose to use all their funds on leeching.

Hwaiting, FuminoAya and Mimsy like this.
  11. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    Cpq leech 30-51.
    I have a cpq mule just for this.

Washing is not why low level content is not utilized. If you can prove otherwise other than speculation, I would like to know.

It's leech/HS and trade in quests making low level content useless

12. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy

I guess it just seemed like you assumed I thought now Matt is definitely supporting removing it or adding an alternative.. isn't that why you tried clearing that's not true?

And yea I do have a washed character. I just wanted to keep playing and gave in to it I guess. The fact I did it doesn't change my mind about how dumb it is, just strengthen it to be honest.

And yea I guess a "I don't care" option can be added.. I don't know if I can add another option without reseting the poll.. is it possible?

About the poll - I just edited the post really.. glad you learned something new :D

13. NTR

NTR Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLordGrim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hulu
    You can’t train on any of the Low level content as a character that is washing because you have 200 base IQ..

14. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    You're making the assumption every person buying leech is washing which is not true

15. Mimsy

Mimsy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mimsy
    Probably the most of them.. I'm sure if you will surf channels on traffic hours in leeching maps the most you will see are some hp washers being leeched

16. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    So the argument for non hp washers buying leech is what?

It's because leeching is more convenient and more efficient, which reiterates the fact that it's not hp washing killing low level content

17. NTR

NTR Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLordGrim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hulu
    How did you come to that conclusion? Can you elaborate? All I said was if you are washing and have tons of base int you can’t train st any of those Low level spots by yourself.

18. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    You replied to my response to another user's response to my original comment to your statement where I stated that low level content is dead not because of HP washing but because of leech.
    Your response is quoted below.

You're saying low level content is dead for new characters that are HP washing because you can't train with high base int and so they resort to leeching.
    I'm making the distinction that just because you're buying leech doesn't mean you're HP washing.

The confusion comes from you quoting me responding to another user and then I'm responding to you from the context of my original stance on low level content (or the lack thereof).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  19. FireHeart

FireHeart Donator

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Here is a model I made with some assumptions for the values.

Note, if HP Washing alternatives were added, more people would not need base int and instead would be able to Grind of PQ. In turn, the more people Grinding or PQing would breath life into low level content.

Hwaiting, camello, Mimsy and 3 others like this.
  20. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    If I'm understanding this correctly, you're saying if HP washing didn't exist, 100% of the population, represented by integer value of 1, would not be adding base int and you're making the assumption therefore that only 40% of the total population would resort to leech while the other 60% resort to grinding or PQ?

There is no denying that at earlier levels, grinding is quicker potentially, but what about after lvl 65 or 78 when leeching becomes faster than grinding?