Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Veganism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FuminoAya, Mar 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

Hello everybody,
    yesterday i had quite a conversation regarding veganism and how it's every persons own personal choice to eat animal products and how everybody should look at their own plate.
    i hope this won't be seen as an attack towards them but rather food for thought.
    the people i talked to should just not read or watch this if they don't care.
    For those who do care, i hope they can learn something out of all of this.

Food for thought:

"Zoonotic diseases that originate in animals living in close quarters and bad conditions are sometimes transmitted to the humans interacting/processing (killing)/eating them when the viruses and bacteria mutate.

All germ outbreaks to humans came from close contact to animal livestock or animal hunting: HIV from chimpanzees, gonorrhea from cows, syphilis from cows or sheep, swine flu and 1918 Spanish flu from kept pigs, bird flu from market chickens, STEC E. coli from cows and their manure crop fertilizer, Ebola from bats to hunted primates, tuberculosis from cows and goats, vCJD and mad cow disease from cows, and SARS and COVID-19 coronaviruses from wet market bats and pangolins."

The exotic animals in wet markets are bred, not caught wild. Once again, animal farming has created disease.

[​IMG]

Again, this is no attack towards your eating habits, but food for thought, so maybe , eventually you'll look at things a bit clearer.

Why are some vegans so aggro in the way they spread their message

Unfortunately other people are impaired by your own personal choice, so please think about the crisis that are being created by animal agriculture, because we as a society having made the decision of eating other species for food.

Germany is pretty much only 2 weeks behind of italy in terms of medical systems breakdown. I don't know about your home country, but that sucks. People are losing their jobs due to your own personal choice and don't know how to feed themselves and their families.

Also racism against asians is happening probably everywhere, i can only speak for germany since i've witnessed it here myself, it's terrible. People are avoiding asians at all costs. Personally i find that really shocking how we as humans are so cruel.

Thank you for reading & watching.
    All the best.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    maggles, Kokeshi, DeJia and 2 others like this.
  2. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue

Tail, Weird4Live, Charu and 19 others like this.
  3. FireHeart

FireHeart Donator

Country Flag:
    Are you saying animal agriculture may have caused Coronavirus?

4. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: I understand we all have been indoctrinated to eat animal products from our birth on and it's hard to look behind the curtain of lies.
    If we didn't choose to eat animal "products" we wouldn't have these issues, as these viruses usually are bred when lots of animals which are held in bad conditions very closely crowded and stuffed in not really hygienic conditions and pumped with vaccines create these new virus strains. I mean what does wet markets even mean? Just the thought of it is disgusting. Currently people are downplaying the crisis by pointing their fingers towards China saying they fucked up for eating "weird" Animals, while it does not matter at all which kinds of animals we eat. We're all made from the same "ingredients".
    The videos i linked in my initial opening post kind of show atleast a variety of aspects, especially the first one with the vegan lawyer.
    The thing is, that even if i linked here thousands of scientific studies and scientists or people of knowledge, most would still be stuck in their mindset and tell them to look at their own plates, while in reality they are the ones who should take a closer look at their own plate :-/

It seems like people don't want to face the truth and make a change.

[​IMG]

All major viruses stem from the want of humans wanting to consume animal products.

"HIV crossed from chimps to humans in the 1920s in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo. This was probably as a result of chimps carrying the Simian Immunodeficiency Virus (SIV), a virus closely related to HIV, being hunted and eaten by people living in the area"

Again, i hope this is not taken as an attack but as a thought provoking post. I mean when was the last time eating a plant caused an epidemic? Never heard of Broccoli fever, tofu madness or Aubergine Flu.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Kokeshi likes this.
  5. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Wow- don't even know where to start with this.

Covid-19 didn't come from eating animals. Most likely candidate is it's just a mutated version of an existing virus, it happens. It could also have come from animals- many animals have diseases and transmit them- most by biting or close contact to them- and there's no evidence it came from a stock of cows or a chicken. Somehow I don't think you're advocating exterminating all animals but humans to make the latter not possible tho.

Even so, the push for radical veganism is not feasible in most places in the world. Completely ignoring how it really fucks up 3rd world countries to provide 1st world countries with stuff like quinoa (many places it's basically slavery and child labor to meet demand), there are places where people don't have adequate access to non-animal proteins. Humans are omnivorous, many can, and have to, eat meat to survive. This is also completely ignoring how vital humans keeping bees is for the sake of crop health (vegans don't eat honey, even if it doesn't hurt the bees), and they won't eat eggs either- which is ridiculous on it's own because chickens lay eggs whether we eat them or not, and you can 100% get cage free/farm raised eggs where the chickens live a life better than most incarcerated people do.

Veganism is the epitome of a privileged life.

Also- hard to not call it an attack when your entire assumption is people who eat meat are living a clouded life. lol

Tail, Coordinate, Shadman and 22 others like this.
  6. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

No insult, but did you read anything of what i wrote or watched any of the above linked videos? like at all? You're just repeating yourself over and over again..

Kokeshi likes this.
  7. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Yes, I read what you wrote. Also- I suppose I am, but you're sort of saying the same things over and over again too, just now you're using a world wide pandemic that's expected to infect half the worlds population by the end of 2020. This means ignoring the 20%+ death rate in people over 80 years of age, it could still kill dozens of millions of people, conservatively. If it maintains a 3% death rate we're talking over 100 million people world wide.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off aggressive, as someone who works in healthcare, it's just sort of aggravating to see people use this push an agenda.

Tail, Coordinate, Shadman and 12 others like this.
  8. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

Sorry What? "now you're using a world wide pandemic that's expected to infect half the worlds population by the end of 2020."

I didn't create this disease in my secret basement laboratory if you mean that. Oh you mean "pushing my agenda" on others?
    It's not my agenda, it's not some cult i made up, it's just the plain truth - no twisting of facts as you seem to put it.
    At this point im just going to say nicely, that i would love you to watch the first initial video in this thread. And if you don't want to, it's okay.
    Thank you for participating though. I hope the country you live in doesn't have as many issues, especially since you're working in the health sector yourself.
    All the best.

Kokeshi likes this.
  9. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    I... I can't put it any simpler. I never said you created covid. You said animal agriculture caused covid-19. Are you not saying that by being vegan we can prevent future diseases? It sure seems like you are.
    That's what I meant by pushing an agenda. You're using covid-19, a world wide pandemic and saying if we didn't eat meat this wouldn't have happened.

Fatlip, MoriForest, Skyra and 10 others like this.
  10. Joez

Joez Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Latias
    Level:
    I’ve reported your thread as it comes off as insensitive, insulting and derogatory.

It is incredibly sad to see individuals using this pandemic as a means for propaganda, as millions of people around the world are working so hard to mitigate the health, economic and societal impacts of covid-19.

Evan has already highlighted the pertinent points to your arguments, values and opinions, none of which can be boldly labelled as “plain truth”.

An agenda does not infer you are lying. It means an underlying intention or motive to what you are doing.

Tail, Coordinate, Fatlip and 12 others like this.
  11. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

Boy, if you guys would atleast look at the videos before speaking up that'd be great. stop talking so highly while having no clue, thank you.

Insensitive? What are you talking about please? I am speaking up for the weak, for those who suffer from this entire situation, including xenophobic victims, and all you see is me using vegan propaganda? you do realize that im not making this up to trick people into veganism, but to educate them on the issues of animal product consumption? i don't care about anecdotes or how you feel spoken to every single time i mention the term veganism. if you don't care about it, don't read my threads. it's as easy as it is.
    You are talking about social impacts as if im making all of this up to make you join a religion. If you don't want to, don't do it. But for those who are interested in this information, atleast let them have it without closing the thread down due to your own reasons to feel better not being confronted by it?

everytime it's the same, i bring up a topic that's incredibly important and all you do is find excuses over excuses. get over your cognitive dissonance, if you do not see the connection, go and continue playing. you feel offended by what im saying because it is the truth, and that's funnysad.

you read veganism and you replied with excuses. good job. next time, if you really want to discuss things please look at the information first in my initial post instead of labelling it as propaganda.

What are TV advertisements of McD's and KFC to you if veganism is propaganda to you already?

I dare you to listen to the entire speech from 2013 by Dr. Michael Greger. Im sure you will not and just, as always, find even more excuses to shut my voice. it's terrible manners. I speak up for the voiceless and weak, try to educate people and all you do is play it down as propaganda? i beg you.

Please refrain from posting here, since you apparently must feel very offended in real life, feeling like i'ver personally attacked you.

I now linked this video, you will as always entirely ignore it, and give random replies that hold no value.
    Get off your high horse please.

In any case. stop spreading false knowledge already. thank you

Kokeshi likes this.
  12. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    1) This is a maplestory private server forum, this is one of the last places to find an audience for this.

2) No one said eating animals isn't responsible in some part for the pandemic, people just have issue with you saying eating meat is what caused the pandemic. It comes off incredibly insensitive given people are dying. Saying it will prevent future pandemics is pointless when this one is killing people on a pretty large, very contagious scale. It's tone deaf. This is like going to a funeral for your great aunt and trying to sell people vitamins that "would cure the cancer she had"

3) Read the room, an hour long video is a poor way to portray your view when your preface it with saying people are wrong. You say you are okay with people doing what they want then you say things like calling people funnysad because they don't prescribe to your world view.

Lastly, I'll leave the thread open- but (inb4 why didn't you read what I wrote?) you are very dissmissive of what other people are saying and you deflect very quickly that people "just aren't reading or watching" to which you then say:

Shadman, Fatlip, MoriForest and 17 others like this.
  13. VoiceOver

VoiceOver Donator

Country Flag:
    I have not seen a beat down this bad in awhile. YIKES!

@FuminoAya

I've seen your last posts regarding veganism and my wife is vegan and I am not (and we both accept each other's lifestyle choices), but there are different ways to educate people than forcing information or your personal choices onto others.

You make a lot of assumptions and talk in absolutes and when there is opposition to your claims, you get very defensive. You base your research on people's professional titles, e.g., M.D., lawyer, and take his or her opinion from a YouTube video as fact. Is science really based on the opinion of a podcast talk show and a lawyer? The only real informational video that wasn't filled with misinformation or propoganda was the Ted Talk video that had nothing to do with veganism.

To me, this is no different than when the Westboro Baptist Church protests outside funerals.

There's a time and place for everything, and this was not the time for you to use COVID-19 as a platform as others have mentioned.

As someone who supports vegans (my wife), I am very disappointed in the direction and approach to your message.

Tail, Shadman, Fatlip and 21 others like this.
  14. Dann

Dann Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Surgyn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
  15. Neku

Neku Donator

Country Flag:
    As a Vegan myself, this is just opportunism -- plain and simple. Just as the massive spam email sent by thousand of companies informing about the virus. We're in the midst of a pandemic and there's a time and place for everything. As for now, it's all about prevention.

What good can Veganism do if there are no people left to apply it?

Coordinate, Becca, Codey and 5 others like this.
  16. Crowley

Crowley Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Table4Two
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valhalla
    So you really can't shut up about veganism, can you?

Ghostie likes this.
  17. Tsue

Tsue Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Tsuenami
    Guild:
    USSR
    I don't have anything to contribute re: veganism, but there comes a point where not contributing anything new and just bashing the op for likes isn't very constructive? The op stopped replying anyways.

ginwolf, Tect, Sevendollars and 2 others like this.
  18. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

19. Crowley

Crowley Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Table4Two
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valhalla
    Imagine getting your facts from YouTube videos.

Here's some actually useful videos.

Remember to wash your hands before preparing your delicious steak and you probably feel dirty after the massive cringe this thread provides you so here's how to wash it off.

Tail, MoriForest, Lunacy and 8 others like this.
  20. Anguer

Anguer Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Anguer
    Level:
    Tell me if i'm wrong but isn't true that this epidemic was originated in an illegal market in China with no sanitary control?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.