Class/Skill Archmage

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Ayane, Apr 18, 2020.

?

Should archmages get a buff?

1. Yes

154 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. No

65 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. JackDaneils

JackDaneils Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Francine
    Level:
    That's primarily from people panic selling the CS's. No one knows the actual drop rate on CS's; as far as the kill/time ratio on Lyka, in comparison to Zak there will wind up being more drop procs through out a day compared to Lyka.

DeJia likes this.
  2. BootsByDora

BootsByDora Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BootsByDora
    Level:
    kut
    Guild:
    Tulips
    This post actually brings me insight in what was before i joined a month and a half ago. I also am one of those that "riot", but your post made me be able to see the reasoning behind their actions. Fair enough. Good post!

I do still feel as if there has to be a balancing of things though. Especially as arch mages have been hit fairly hard in COMPARISON to other classes. NL have been hit hard aswell, but the sole reason for making an AM was directly tackled, and a lot of people feel as if they're stuck now.

3. Joez

Joez Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Latias
    Level:
    As I've migrated over the years from selling leech -> farming -> merching -> bossing I'm now relatively unaffected by the nerf to archmages, which I feel is a much more significant hit compared to nightlords, the latter probably more a kneejerk response.

Archmages are essentially obliged to max elemental amplification in order to be competitive and this is essentially prevalent in all guides, meaning the cost of potions is already double that of bishops without taking into account things like invincible, heal etc and their added role in saving potions for bishops.

For an archmage who telecasts with approaching-maximum efficacy (usually 2 ulti per 8 second respawn), this means 900 meteor shower/blizzards per hour. The average a/m with 15-20k mp will use roughly 1 ginseng root per ulti (you may or may not save more using mana bulls with current pricing) which would amount to 8-10m/hr on potions.

Previously popular leeching maps like petrifighters and skelegons would generate roughly 35-40m worth of NPC equips depending on how dedicated you are with leeching (not looting top and bottom platforms, etc). With the quoted 20% reduction in drops this means a net gain of ~20m/hr. This is probably similar to how much net gain one can achieve with farming in non-popular maps (i.e, not ulu1/2) with multiple factors such as spawn, map layout, equip drop-rate, weapon : armour ratio playing a part.

That's the same amount as having one character summon farming at heartstoppers.

Ulu 1 previously generated ~100-130m per channel with duo mage farm. This has probably at least halved based on anecdotal reports since the update - which makes me a little suspicious that the droprate here was nerfed by more than 20%, given the spawn has reduced by roughly 20-25%.

The net effect of all of this is that the leeching meta will gravitate towards skelegons, because ToT leech is unlikely to be attractive due to the prequests that are involved - despite ob2/ob4 in theory having better exp/hr rates than petrifighters even before the nerf. Archmages have very little advantage at skeles compared to bishops - the TMA required to 1hit skeles for them is roughly 1305 compared to 1299 for bishops, who in addition have access to bossing, low-level leeching, cheaper potions to offset the price of genesis 20 and 30 which is a once-off cost no matter how unlucky people claim to be.

The farming meta will likely see a return of many ulu farmers to summon farming, as with the exception of leprechauns the remaining summon farmable locations have not been dramatically affected by update 65.

The remaining so called 'veteran population' will probably then gravitate towards bossing, inevitably as regardless of the total amount of mesos circulating in the economy, demand will always exist for skillbooks, end game weapons/best-in-slot items, cs amongst others.

The population that is therefore hurt the most would be the newcomers to this server who in today's MapleRoyals rely heavily on creating mages to fund their attackers as believe it or not, HP washing is mainstream. It is not compulsory, yes, but being excluded from runs after you've spent so much time and effort on funding your attacker because you don't have enough HP without hyper body support is not fun. Heck, I'm too lazy to even bring a hb mule to HT for pendant buyers these days. These players have not been around long enough to have multiple summon farming characters, don't necessarily have a character that can participate in boss runs everyday, and are stuck with the minimal income that can be generated from farming. Yes, there are maps that drop items relatively unaffected by this update (e.g. Helm ints from ML5, Nependeath honey, Zombie teeth to name a few) but for the majority of newer players the net effect of this update will be that they are now having a much harder time to fund themselves. For the older players, yes - recharging stars and bullets is now more expensive, pots now cost a few mil per boss run, but they're going to have a much easier time. The amount of mesos they can generate will match with the waxing and waning of the economy, and overall it becomes harder and harder for newer players to catch up.

Whether this is going to lead to an increase in the flux of hackers/RWTers, I don't know - but I think it's likely. The wealth gap between the funded and unfunded players is likely to increase by a significant margin as a result of this update.

I am in full support of reducing the volume of mesos flowing into the market but I feel for those who are going to struggle to enjoy this game trying to fund a class that they're wanting to play; playing the content that they're wanting to engage in. I only started playing in May 2018 so I'm not aware of what it was like in old source, but rumour has it that gobies were a popular spot back then known for its spawn rates and drop rates. What's probably more important is that back then, no one was as rich as they are now - the income discrepancy wasn't nearly as big.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    zguesmia, NTR, Elquines and 26 others like this.
  4. RoyalCupcake

RoyalCupcake Donator

I just have a thing about the decrease of petris and the ginger ale prices,and the screen resolution.
    I'm playing on a degraded screen in order to farm.(my only source of income since I can't scroll)

If anyone wonders why I'm posting in this thread,it's because I'm an archmage that can only farm now.

I am SUPER HAPPY that Lyka stopped dropping the chaos.
    Only thing bad is my ingame hub of 2 years quit the game yesterday due to the patch.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  5. BootsByDora

BootsByDora Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BootsByDora
    Level:
    kut
    Guild:
    Tulips
    Lyka stopped dropping them but now zakum does. F4
    Also,
    What is a ingame hub of 2 years?

6. RoyalCupcake

RoyalCupcake Donator

LOL oh sry It is when you get married in Royals We were together for 2 yrs
    And it is better for chaos to drop at zak,instead of 1 person hogging all the maps at Lyka.

7. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    come on guys i thought we all agreed that leeching had gone out of hand and we should nerf it :(

8. RoyalCupcake

RoyalCupcake Donator

I have only ever leeched myself. Never anyone else.
    And I am only one person leeching 64 chars
    Besides all the leechers moved on to skeles Lol

9. Goji

Goji Well-Known Member

Level:
    Well, that's not really how it works. In my opinion, leeching is a bad game mechanic but I know its pointless to make a(nother) thread about it nowadays. Now, just as a disclaimer, I have an arch mage and a bishop, and don't like selling leech but I have, in moments of need. Having said that...

Yeah, leeching is out of hand but we can't really "nerf" it. You can discourage it, which is what the Staff is doing while adding hefty meso sinks in the process cause the economy is terrible. But as you've probably seen in game, the meta just shifted into a new market: skeles. This means leeching is still around just as much as before, its just being done on another map by a class that already had many benefits of being played (to name a few: hs, res, low level leech, cheaper pots, faster gene casting, ability to use any ele wand, party buffs, bossing) hence why the title of this thread is 'Archmages'. While I'm all against leeching because it is a really bad game mechanic, as is hp washing (imagine not being able to play your character during 80% of your levels just to be able to ease up endgame content lol), you can't really take it away from arch mages as they have nothing going on for them. As things are now, why would you even consider playing a mage? As a bishop, leeching is cheaper, you have a wider variety of options as a low level seller, you don't need a holy symbol mule so no extra big resolution clients; you get to do bossing while AMs can't really boss and farming is cheaper as elemental amplification effectively doubles the cost of pots. While gene20 and 30 are expensive and surely meteor and blizzard books are gonna likely drop in price over time, they are only expensive because there's more demand for them. As a side note, I'd like to remind you consuming twice the amount of MP on your arch mage will be just as expensive if not more than buying both gene 20 and 30 books at some point in your character's life.

10. GleamKnight

GleamKnight Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GleamKnight
    Level:
    Guild:
    ✧Savior
    The Archmages now are only useful for the Easter pig egg event. Period.

11. remko109

remko109 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Luckyshotss
    Guild:
    Tulips
    Why dont u just nerf Droprate back to 2x en leave the spawn rate the same then u get way less money in to the economy and everybody is effected and not only the archmages.

i suggest:
    1. Leave spawn rate the same on the ulu maps.(and other maps if effected)
    2. Droprate of all mobs back to 2x
    3. Nlc pots 200% of the Original price.
    4. bring tax up to 5 %
    5. Remove Ap Resets out of NX Store and place them at Frederick for 15-20m
    in this suggestion u got 4 meso sinks who effects everybody.

whit these changes u will get allot of mesos out of the game. @Matt @Tim

wind99121, Voper and GleamKnight like this.
  12. Voper

Voper Active Member

IGN:
    -
    Level:
    -
    Guild:
    -
    This has probably been thought, but what about bringing AP resets for like 17-18m to the FM stores?

It would definitely sink a lot of mesos considering how expensive and demanding HP wash is.

Newcomers would still be able to sell their vote profits for a cheaper price (15-16m) or just gacha.

I imagine in the mid-long term, after mesos had been sunk, the price might need to be revised since the NX price could also go lower.

And at least for me, even tho it helps new players like me, making money by voting is kind of like cheating. "Free money" suppresses that feeling of struggling in the early game that when you finally get out of it you feel super satisfied.

13. ritsblack

ritsblack Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    kinathicctho
    How do you force FMers and buyers to buy at that price?

cooldudz likes this.
  14. remko109

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Luckyshotss
    Guild:
    Tulips
    just take the ap reset out of the cash shop an add them to frederick and u have another meso sink.

15. Voper

Voper Active Member

IGN:
    -
    Level:
    -
    Guild:
    -
    It is simply a comodity. Instead of spending mesos and time in smegas and spamming in FM. I am sure some people wouldn't mind spending a little more.

remko109 likes this.
  16. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    Do you really wanna damage leeching as a whole in the metagame? Nerf Skeles. Look at smegas for 5 mins in game and you will see that nerfing Petri only shifted the traffic to Skele. Bishops are objectively better at everything now compared to AM. Kill Skeles and you've knocked 4 of the most popular leeching maps in the game, which I don't mind. If you'te not gonna bring Skele in line with the rest of the Ulu maps you nerfed, Petri spawn should be brought back to normal to give AMs an endgame leeching spot.

17. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Temple of Time heavily favors Archmages and they are end game grinding/leeching maps.

Aestel likes this.
  18. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation

Fair, but that now requires grinding an HS mule more levels compared to Petri, not to mention the map is worse and exp per mob is worse until the blue knights. Your customer base is also much lower due to higher level requirements and prequests to access later areas. FP also get bricked in the last area due to their fire resistance.

TL:DR People are just going to Skele in the current state of the game.

19. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    What's actually "wrong" with requiring more effort to grind at an "end game" map? Ulu maps offered broken rates in the past so they finally got nerfed. Why should the server only offer convenient and easy maps to favor the leech story? Let everyone work harder because that's what "end game" maps are supposed to entail. It requires more effort for a bishop to 1hit skeles than a F/P mage to 1hit ror 4~5 mobs which have decent drops and exp.

There are only 20 skele channels but surely, more than 20 people buying end game leech at a time. I doubt they'll all camp at skeles and wait for their turn. They will most likely look for an alternative as we adapt to the new meta.

Xem0boyx and Aestel like this.
  20. remko109

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Luckyshotss
    Guild:
    Tulips
    easy 2 speak for u sparky u got your lvl 200 NL, DK, I/L lvl 190 sair and lvl 180 bish

u can boss easy and make so much money just bossing u dont mind leech i get it .

cooldudz and happytech like this.