Marksman Snipe buff suggestion

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Chonky, May 14, 2020.

1. Chonky

Chonky Donator

Instead of doing straight 200k damage, make it 150k + 1000% damage, while still ignoring mob defense (NOT weapon cancel, for clarification) as well as damage cap. Piercing Arrow already goes past the damage cap, so this shouldn't be an issue.

This way, it would still be a very powerful skill at low funding, but would also scale decently well as you progress your character. I also think this change would be preferable to buffing strafe or overall damage, as those changes would only make snipe less impactful.

2. Gaia

Gaia Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gaea
    I dont see why it cant ignore weapon cancel anymore since heavens hammer still do..

Coordinate likes this.
  3. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Ninja ambush from nightlords and shadowers bypass WC as well but aren't considered "bugs" like snipe was. It was never a bug, I had a MM with max snipe in gms, it was never patched or nerfed, neither was heavens hammer or ninja ambush. A skill has to be specifically flagged to ignore weapon cancel, that's an intentional feature, not a bug.

As for the OP's snipe damage suggestion, I'd be cool with the skill being dynamic, if you can't hit over 200k with regular snipe based on range, then you won't, but if you could based on your range and the 150k+1000% formula, then it could possibly break cap if your range let it.

For those that don't understand, with equipment and high enough level, strafe can outdamage snipe before it can be recast, making it useless to some people.
    Before the snipe nerf, higher leveled marksmen would only use it during WC.

I think something like a combo effect would be best. If you use snipe, you get like a 7 second buff that slightly ignores monster w.def by like 5-10%, or slightly increases strafe damage by like 3%, or boosts avoid +50, procs final attack, or a short 5-7 second bullseye effect, something you need to recast snipe if you want the benefits so it doesn't become obsolete in later levels by just not using it

Definitely rollback the snipe nerf though, if anything.

I have two threads on concepts to improve MM:

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/marksman-feedback-snipe-nerf-poll-inside.146687/

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/extremely-dreamy-mm-qol-and-skills.135008/

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Javier, Kung, MSdrawman and 2 others like this.
  4. Haplopelma

Haplopelma Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    Hh is magical damage, its blocked by magic cancel.

Shnang and kyoko3102 like this.
  5. Gaia

Gaia Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gaea
    Now everything makes sense lol, gonna test it later

6. Bangkali

Bangkali Well-Known Member

Triggers me every fucking day how MM with SI still cant on-par damage with BM.
    it is a lot of effort counting 7 strafe and 1 snipe and so on. release the snipe 199k capped damage and the cwa "bug" which is not even needed.

#MMLIVESMATTER

Javier and hoisanlow like this.
  7. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    Just make strafe 5 arrows lol (can revert it back to 100% damage if too strong)
    5 arrows strafe is almost the same speed like hurricane with SI and with snipe and the MM's slightly higher range they will outdamge BMs, but without SI they'd still be kinda weak

GleamKnight, Amnesiac and Relmy like this.
  8. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    great...this is how all jobs can work. if theres 2 options like mms and bms or shads/nls easiest way to go is:
    this one is better withouth buffs, but with buffs this one is better...can be a little more complex...but this may be the way to go

Jesseh likes this.
  9. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Yeah they would have to take the strafe damage down with 5 hit.
    The fifth hit could even come from like lvl 15 marksmanship or something in 4th.
    Would love if each strafe arrow could proc kb like hurricane does though, so we could hunt bf.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    hoisanlow likes this.
  10. Gaia

Gaia Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gaea
    So i finally tested it and HH does hit though weapon e magic cancel, mith busted

11. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    This
    Even tho I think buccs outclass every single melee job at the moment allrdy

12. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Even though it's a decent suggestion I think it's a move in the wrong direction. I think a more holistic approach to more aspects of the class could be improved than more lines. My general MM feedback and qol thread has lots to think about

edit: and yeah honestly I'm shocked how op they made buccs but they nerf snipe and shadow shifter while buccs can still iframe more than shads with old shifter numbers. Not sure why royals keeps making these changes that throw things off

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  13. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Ermm...for balance? Shure buccs can look OP compared with nerfed classes that shouldnt be nerfed like mms, but are they really OP?

IMO, NO. Buccs are a melee class with a quite nice range action and utility. They does around 30-35% less dmg that a night lord but as a response for that theyre:
    1.Cheaper
    2.can get less hitted sometimes
    3.Way more more utility.
    How can u even complain? I dont get it. Buccs are a balanced class now

Compared to other jobs like for example bms..they deal more dmg and thanks to i frames they have more "avoid" but bms kick their asses in terms of utility.
    Shifter were nerfed mostly bcs of nls not for shads..they got in response a buff on smokescreen...not to mention the range action they needed....

This is an unbalanced game and we all know this, and shure that can hurt the "nostalgia", but if we want this to live even more years, things have to be done for balance, and buccs are the best example of how it should be done.
    I agree that not every class should be the same or deal the same dmg, but we shouldnt compare classes like buccs with those who are extremely underpowered like mms or drks, it should be compared with those who are actually in a great position like nls, bishops or bms.
    Im sorry but i really think that if a class doesnt shine at either dmg, utility or have a really good mechanic, it should be buffed in one of those topics, it promotes the diversity of jobs, and and the interest of player to "try another class" better than "make my nl even more op, bcs well..nlstory" till they get bored and leave....

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Jesseh, GleamKnight and Dong like this.
  14. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    The only changes I'd like to see for marksman are these two:

Make dragon's breath able to be used at melee range (this would help bm too most likely), and let your character keep charging piercing arrow after getting hit by an enemy (for those that don't know, it resets the charge just like when using big bang on a mage).

CerealnOats and LichWiz like this.
  15. Sinner92

Sinner92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    This could be an interesting path to take. I read a few marksman buff threads, I think is difficult to make marksman to provide the same level of damage as a bm.

So maybe, bowmasters as a class should be strong in 1v1 bossing but average in mobbing, while mm are average in bossing but very strong in mobbing or multi-target bossing.

Like buff the attack speed for frostprey, so they be faster in attacking mobs than phoenix and buff Piercing Arrow, so at level 30, instead of hitting 6 monsters, they can hit 8 enemies.

Lastly, I think I saw a thread about giving Marksman extra HP either as a class or via equipment or weapons. I can't find the thread or maybe I misremember. Which I think is also worth considering.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    UrbanJuggernaut and Relmy like this.
  16. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    This is an interesting concept that I've been thinking about. What if we left MM single target damage mostly the same and tweaked it to fill a new role; ranged multi target.

As of right now we have all other bossing roles filled; ranged single target (BM, NL, Sair) melee single target (Bucc, Pally) and melee multi target (Hero, DK, Shad). We do not have any ranged classes that excel at multi target situations. Not only would this introduce a new playstyle and shake up the meta, but it would give MM a firm identity and truly make them a viable and unique choice as opposed to just being a worse BM.

Piercing Arrow already hits very, very hard, and its the only attack that can break damage cap, allowing MM to scale better to end game and retain that "slow attack but big damage" part of their kit similar to how Snipe functions. It scales with number of enemies hit as well, creating an incentive to mob well to attain good DPS. It opens up new strategies at multi target bosses and allows MM to bring something to the table nobody else can bring; ranged multi target support.

I'm not sure exactly how this would be implemented, but some general ideas off the top of my head;

-Make Piercing Arrow charge time scale with attack speed (that is, allow SI to make Piercing Arrow charge faster)

-Allow Piercing Arrow to be fired in the air (to prevent annoyances when trying to cast as you are getting hit)

Just some ideas I think would be interesting to consider. Its obvious something needs to be done with MM, and I think this is an interesting and creative solution.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Cloudette, Nivi, CerealnOats and 7 others like this.
  17. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    Why not just remove the charge of piercing arrow? ez fix lol

18. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    This also sound awesome if u ask me :)

Jesseh and UrbanJuggernaut like this.
  19. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    Ya thats an option too, damage would have to be tweaked significantly though. I think the charge aspect is interesting and fits the class well if they could just shoot the damn thing when they want. Also keeps the "big numbers" aspect of the class since a no charge Piercing Arrow would obviously do significantly less damage.

Alcolizzato likes this.
  20. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    You can remove the damage scale and just make it spammabble, kinda like a stronger version of battleship torpedo.
    Also increase the vertical range so it could hit 3-4 targets in ht