Suggestion to make DrKs more relevant (DrKs have been buffed, irrelevant post)

Discussion in 'Closed' started by doronos, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Thanks, this is why i love this comunity , now with actual numbers here, we can get not only more accurate comments, but,better suggestions from ppl like us that think something should be done.....i really apreciate this...i just need the data about "that" point missing here, and i will make a separate thread with some clear suggestions, to get the comunity decides.
    P.D. Gz on gene LOL

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Jesseh likes this.
  2. OrcaGel

OrcaGel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    If zakum arms were included then heros would win by an even greater margin.

Jooon and Relmy like this.
  3. AriaWind

AriaWind Active Member

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this. How about make Hex of Beholder stackable with attack potions only when in Berserker mode or a passive buff that appear when players are in Beserk?

It was also mentioned in Plenty's Dark Knight that will be added in the future.
    That's an additional 15 wa bonus right there.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Relmy likes this.
  4. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    This thread is quite long now, LOL,but yes it has been mentioned b4..;)

Jesseh and AriaWind like this.
  5. Sinner92

Sinner92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IMO, I think it seems at most, Drks should have top tier dps for low to mid tier bosses like Zakum, Krexel and Horntail with low amount funding. But in exchange they have to take a nosedive in damage if they just want to survive high tier bosses like Toad and The Boss. Which is not that many anyway.

6. LimeOnyx

LimeOnyx Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Pretense
    Guild:
    Heroic
    I’m not sure there’s a damage buff to a Zerk nerf @ MaxHP at 40% or less that makes it worth that loss in 3k HP AND not have Heroes whine about the DrK’s DPS buff at mid tier bosses like Zakum.

7. bacondagger

bacondagger Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SuperBacons
    Level:
    Guild:
    Senpais
    I'm all for shifting more power to the higher level spears/pole-arms. It doesn't make any sense for the end-game gear of Dark Knights to be level 85. This just smells like bad item design/balance. Almost all of the other classes are working towards higher level gear of levels 100-110. Just do an overall -1 to the attack speed except for the attack speed 6 weapons and things should be much better.

Surfero, Zancks and Relmy like this.
  8. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    wouldn't this make skis' obsolete?

ksnur and Rielle like this.
  9. weirdomonkey

weirdomonkey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    welpy
    so...devalue all of those perf skis to approx 10% of their current value and cause massive rage? xd

also thats not a great suggestion for the reason that slow spears act as a good starting point for unfunded players and now by homogenising the weapon speeds thats no longer an option.

Rielle and Relmy like this.
  10. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    No. Theres some things that its arguably wrong or right,but due the state of the server,it cant be done, like this for example. Sadly i cant say youre wrong, bcs you can have a few solid arguments to reinforce this, nevertheless, this is going to cause more troubles than actual solutions, and may i add, this isnt entirely true ,like i said is just arguably.

Jesseh likes this.
  11. Inusama

Inusama Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Inusama
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
  12. bacondagger

bacondagger Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SuperBacons
    Level:
    Guild:
    Senpais
    No, they wouldn't be obsolete. Sky Skis still provide really good accuracy despite being lower level, which is 16 accuracy at godly. This makes sense for a LOWER TIER weapon because it could be used for grinding and training along with the occasional bossing.

So you would rather hold back the entire community of Dark Knights because of 2 or 3 perfect skiis in the market? Really, dude?
    1. The majority of dark knights don't even have perfect skiis. Rage? Maybe. Massive? No.
    2. There aren't that many perfect skiis in the market to begin with. Rage? Probably 2 people.
    3. I'm sure the majority of dark knights playing will enjoy the higher damage spears available. Happier? Probably every dark knight wondering why they even play this class.
    4. Perfect skiis are still PERFECT SKIIS. They aren't nerfed at all so I don't see why this is a problem. It's just a meta shift.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    If what you are saying is what I think you are saying, then...
    1. Unfunded players can now buy sky skiis at discounted prices from funded players looking to upgrade, which is a great starting point.
    2. There will still be fairfrozens, pinakas, and dragon weapons available (they're even BETTER now btw!). Just farm them yourself?

Zancks likes this.
  13. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    There is is a thread about dragon weapons...and and faltizan is one of the non meta so that point has been touched vastly, ill recomend yo look it up for it...bcs the conclusion was..it"makes sense..but is i bad idea.."

Jesseh likes this.
  14. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Theres going to be a discussion about this i sense..let me start with no. If pinaka or faltizan get an speed buff. They will lose around 30-40 % of their value...not 10%....ok, keep going

Jesseh and Tsue like this.
  15. tannerama

tannerama Active Member

Country Flag:
    give heroes pallys the lunch box, and give darks a spear that is fast 5.

16. weirdomonkey

weirdomonkey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    welpy
    There's a fundamental flaw when the meta shift you're asking for is literally stripping hundreds of billions from a vast majority of drks overnight. Let's not even look at perf skis, just 120 wa skis. They're currently at 3b+. A 130 falt is worth 1b. If a falt has the same att speed all of a sudden, that's not going to inflate the price of the falt cos 130 is not hard to make, its gonna completely devalue every single ski with less than 130 att instantly.

I'm sorry I don't understand how completely changing the viability of the primary weapons of choice for a class that's been around for almost 7 years isn't going to absolutely destroy both the market and people's morale to even play drks. Heck I'm not even a drk main, its just a side project, and if you told me that my 2.5b 119 ski is becoming worthless tomorrow I'd be more than slightly annoyed.

What I meant about the slow spears being a good starting point was that it provided an alternative that provided similar dps for much lower cost (a 130 slow spear (1b) matches a 118ish ski (2b) when you only have <20 att gear). If you homogenise all the weapon speeds, nothing matters anymore but weapon att, while previously you could get high att at the price of poor speed for a lower price, thus making unfunded players have no choice but to just have strictly worse items

Fatlip, Tsue, Hamil and 1 other person like this.
  17. bacondagger

bacondagger Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SuperBacons
    Level:
    Guild:
    Senpais
    Yeah, you're probably right then. In that case, the shitty situation we are in right now is because we didn't fix this to begin with and now it's too late. I'm not really hopeful for "skill rework/changes" at all because it will probably introduce a lot of potential bugs and cost development time. I don't think the admins want to rework the skills either considering the plethora of useless skills already on many classes (LMAO iron body). Either way, editing numbers is the easiest way to buff Dark Knights (if admins even want to in the first place) and it can only happen in the form of skills or weapons.

18. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    They did it b4 and and i hope they do it again, despite many ppl thinks that this is a never end history, im completely shure that, with some care, it can be a point where well have actual options instead of a well define meta like it is today.
    I honestly think that currently nls, sairs bms,buccs,mages heros and shads, balanced between each other(if theres any bucc,hero or bm buff thread that ones are mostly ignored or directly rejected by the comunity).Pallys are in my opinion great aswell except in the super end game state(over 60att gears) due their limitations, where in my opinion they can lack of motivation to keep moving foward ,but threads about pallys have showed me that many of the main pally users are pretty happy with their state. That left us with just 2 underpowered jobs that are Drks and MMs.And i actually believe like i said that if some way they rework those 2, we can finally Say we have a pretty balanced game(altought it can hurt the nostalgia for some ppl).
    Useless skills is something that imo,are missunderstanded by some ppl.
    Theres skills that are meant to be outperformed by others.Theres some that gives some utility but they got overperformed by content added afterward( like dragon blood made useless by some att pots,when db was introduced, the best att pot was ludibrium ones)
    Theres some that sre meant to be unreliant on others.For example i was even thinking that hurricane was bad designed just bcs it makes booster useless,but after many days thinking about it,ive found that, it isnt, is MEANT to be an unreliant on other buffs skills, and that doesnt make bow booster useless at all.
    Theres some that rn are a bit outdated,but if you lived early versions of ms,were quite good! Like; for example, iron body!
    Those days were it tooked days to get to lvl 20, u were petless and you actually wanted to save pots, iron body was pretty cool! Theres some things that need to be reworked in totals bcs they dorsnt fulfill the same role,like drks overall....but, i dont think that skills lile iron body are useless, they just got override by other skills later..and that is fine.....
    But yes, theres some badly designed skills that sre actually useless like final atack....

Jesseh likes this.
  19. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    where did u pull this number out of...? :confused:

weirdomonkey and Relmy like this.
  20. Rhynhardt

Rhynhardt Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rhynhardt
    Level:
    I feel like the damage % calcs miss the point of the core talking point. I feel the community as a whole should discuss the following;

Does the skill HB make up for the fact that a dark knight does equal damage as every other warrior with the caveat that we require strict HP management to do so?

I don't think it does but I'd like to hear what others think.

UrbanJuggernaut likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.