Notice GM Blog: March 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Joong, Mar 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai

Kai Donator

Most importantly, autoban when?

3ggs, Jooon, Aestel and 2 others like this.
  2. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
  3. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    I am glad to see you are incorporating some after v83 content. One of many reasons I got bored of this was the repeated cycle of fighting the same bosses over and over again. It felt for a long time like you weren't adding new content, but rather catching up to other servers. If the things you plan on implementing are actually implemented, then royals is no longer going to catch up, it will actually have just as much, if not more content than other servers finally. Best of luck :)

TBK, MaiAh, Metronome and 1 other person like this.
  4. Valzer

Valzer Donator

IGN:
    Valzer
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
    very excited for the hp quest :)

Metronome and Dasha like this.
  5. OldOwl

OldOwl Donator

"A server without an identity quickly loses its way and we are trying every day to explore ways to improve the situation for different types of players.
    We agree that some weapon types are not as universally strong as others, disruptive though it may be, we are open to the idea of introducing a new set of end-game equipment.
    In order to avoid disrupting the market for such equipment, slightly misleading, also try to show respect to our most loyal players.
    Due to the nature of the Timeless Weapons, we recognize that MapleRoyals has developed an identity beyond that strict confines of "v0.83" or "pre-Big Bang".
    We have no plans to modify, ideas we have ourselves, as they require game client edits that we have not succeeded in performing yet.
    We currently have a few ideas in mind, we have no plans to add such a coupon.
    While we recognize that the genders in the game are largely arbitrary, That is all we can say for now! Stay tuned!" - Quoted and restated, with no offence, from various parts from the Q&A section.

Rarely do I express feelings though text, so bear with me.
    Last 7-8 years were wonderful times, I arrived to this server due to the very specific reason, its old school.
    For me for the most part the original GMS {V23~BIGBANG} was good.
    The content that was designed by Wizet was creative and interesting.
    The whole player-base completely cycled the day they introduced big-bang, oldies out, kidos in.
    Implementing post BB content won't help to cure the missing knowledge and experience of developing, good and original content.
    Besides, I love my stonetooth sword pretty much, wouldn't be nice towards your loyal client base to hit the value of current end-game equipment, neither should it affect newcomers.

Guys, from the bottom of my heart, find the time to acquire the necessary knowledge to extend the core code. Whether its C++ or J.
    Pull the team together, design new content instead of recycling Nexon's leftovers!
    Any additional content planned for Guild PQ? Will Golden Temple (Ravana) be added in Royals in the Future?
    Any plans to make polearms viable to main or for bossing? Or for 2hbw to be comparable in some way to the far superior 1h?

Were by far the most significant questions, from the "unique identity" standpoint of view.
    While the others were simply vowing to pull another code chunk from later versions.

I hope to see this server become a Legend. It requires much time and development to be done.
    While community can support you with whatever needed, it is exclusively on your Board's behalf to execute it.
    With much love and hope,

P.S suggesting to number the Questions, easier to refer to them.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Metronome likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.