Nightlord/Shadower nerf

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by sean128309, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Nerfing avoid to a class whose class fantasy is being a sneaky nimble ninja feels weird. Might as well make them scale off weapon defense instead lol probably makes as much sense

PosterYellow, HolyWaffles and Tiffaux like this.
  2. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    A rebuttal to those who have stated "it's fine" after testing.

It's not. I watched a few HTs via stream. It's ass.

The majority of players disagree with you. Shadowers were balanced prior to the adjustment, and NLs are barely affected by this nerf. And the "it's fine" argument is invalid itself, due to the fact, nobody suggested a nerf to avoidability in the first place, nor was it discussed at all.

3. pencilroll

pencilroll Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PencilNL
    Level:
    Guild:
    dogs
    OP's intention of this thread is to find out from staff WHY did they come to the conclusion for this thief nerf. From what I have gathered from this thread, this nerf is basically a big fuck you to NLs because this change has not made other jobs more viable and it did not address any of the class balancing issues that were brought up in multiple feedback threads. And the worse part, our fellow Shadower brother has become collateral damage.

The past few months, a few feedback threads were made, specifically addressing MM and warriors. This thief avoid nerf HAS NOT made me want to play my MM and Paladin a single bit. Looking at TT30's price prior to this avoid nerf, it has dropped to less than 70m just shows the lack of new NLs around. It really makes me wonder what is the thinking behind this nerf as it really did not achieve anything positive except unleashing all these NL haters into this thread.

Personally, I really liked the buff to shad, bucc and warriors in the past few patches to bridge the gap between classes and I hope this is the direction that staff would continue to take now and in future. Never really supported the idea of nerfing the player in a PvE game anyway.

On a personal note, although my NL is my main but I have been exclusively bossing with only my hero and have been slowly low level leeching my bucc. I have not been bossing on my NL at all except for daily auf haven run as my goal has been looting and scrolling a 87 auf helm and trying to achieve 999 avoid on my NL. With this nerf, the avoid goal is literally impossible to achieve. I sincerely hope staff would revert this avoid nerf so that I can achieve the dream of 999 avoid. (though I have slim hopes for this)

TLDR:
    1. Avoid nerf did not contribute directly nor indirectly to any sort of class balancing
    2. Shadowers feelsbadman
    3. Please revert avoid nerf and buff other classes instead to bridge the gap between classes
    4. ONLY OUR LORD AND SAVIOR AUTOBAN CAN SAVE THIS SERVER

Virgo, MoriForest, newduhls and 37 others like this.
  4. Pilou

Pilou Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Moue/ Soues
    Guild:
    Rogue
    This nerf was clearly targeted at NLs, however damaging Shadowers severely and completely weakening its DPS during boss runs like HT with the recent avoid nerf. I wonder whether this was intended, or whether we are considered to be an innocent bystander taking a direct hit from the GMs/Administrators that was intended for NLs. I suppose collateral damage is accepted.

I play a 17x shadower, a melee class I chose because of its animation and ability to somewhat stay still when hit like warriors with max stance. However, this has completely changed with the recent patch. My avoid went completely to the shits, and the latest guild HT run that I joined was horrendous with 2x shadowers. Compared to the a DK, we (the shadowers) were knocked down (on the small platforms) continuously. Now I didn't do a count as to how often we were knocked down compared to the DK, however I as noted by @Doo its a 3:1 ratio (see quote below). THIS IS INSANE!!! With the recent nerf you have ruined the DPS and gameplay for shadowers severely.

As I mentioned, I did not count the amount of times I was knocked down at HT, however the info provided by @Doo feels accurate. The amount of knockdowns, compared to other melee classes was insane and makes me question whether bosses like HT are even worth running as a shadower in regular attack parties, due to the minimal DPS allowed with the nerf.

I firmly believe that this avoid nerf needs to be reverted back, as it has damaged the gameplay severely! I do not understand how the GMs/Administrators could have decided on implementing this nerf. Have they tested the effects it would have on the gameplay for both NLs and Shadowers, or have they completely forgotten to test it on Shadowers, as it obviously was intended for NLs?

Please revert the nerf, so that I, and all other Shadowers in MapleRoyals, again are able to boss equally with other melee classes and do not have to continuously climb back to our hitting spots, just to be knocked back down after 2 seconds!

UPDATE: I know way to many fellow shad friends who have decided to quit their shads (who also are debating whether to quit the game entirely) due to this nerf, which is a shame to the server. We cannot afford loosing more active players due to bad nerfing.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  5. Dreadnaught1031

Dreadnaught1031 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    Divinity
    Night lord still has the most base player power from damage, maneuverability, and ability to keep attacking your target. It is the only class with the fastest type of flash jump. Having less avoidance is most felt during HT when getting knocked off of high platforms, which every other class has more trouble with compared to NL. More balance between the classes is better for the game as a whole. If you just want to play a character that is the god of everything, I recommend finding a game that isn't based on a variety of classes.

It is pretty obvious that shad needs to have a dodge/stance effectiveness equal to warriors in order to be competitive.

JacobSCA, qPhantom and MaiAh like this.
  6. danielamar07

danielamar07 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iHujth
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I think all what was good is ruined thank you

-Tommy-, Superg0ten97 and Metronome like this.
  7. Ricki

Ricki Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ricki
    Level:
    Probably they did this to discourage people to choose NL, i play from few months and i always see in smegas "L- ZAK/KREX RUN NL 16x"
    Nerfing them will move the meta from NL towards other classes and balance better the player base i think, even if it's not correct for that players that spent 1000bils for washing and equips.

8. iJSK

iJSK Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    S2hanna
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    Erm.. I’m not as hardcore as many of the others here but I’ll share my experience since this last patch.

I play NL main lately, and also play my Dark Knight often. My wife plays bowmaster.

Whenever people told me that night lords were braindead in HT I questioned them because I felt it was harder to consistently attack because of the rocks on platforms and getting hit often enough. My dark knight was actually much easier to run HT with because I could mostly rely on stance. So I felt both classes were already somewhat balanced in terms of being planted on the ground. Both had their difficulties and strengths but it felt balanced, if anything it was harder for me as a nightlord. Also speaking strictly DPS, my dark knight is still way stronger in bosses with multi target than my NL so I never felt like my NL was overpowered.

post patch 71, even in regular training maps or shao, I noticed that realistically my avoid was almost the same as my wife’s bowmaster. While bowmasters can continue spamming hurricane, I needed to constantly reposition to attack, and I felt like my nightlord lost all of its identity as a thief.

one important note, I think shadow shifter might not be working as intended, because I rarely find it working when I’m attacked by a mob. I tested this for a bit while I was at a regular training map and I feel like I got hit realistically around 50% of the time or more. This is an unfair nerf, and it kind of makes me want to quit. I’ve already become a bit turned off from the game but seeing that the character I literally spent 4 months preparing to even be playable be on a lesser level than my unwashed dark knight seems a bit unfair.

Bottom line, BM and NL avoid is nearly the same right now, and it definitely shouldn’t be like this. Shadow shifter doesn’t seem to work as intended and the buff on it seems almost as if it wasn’t implemented at all.

9. SoyaMilk

SoyaMilk Member

As an ex NL main and a MM main, I feel like this patch is probably one of the worse decision ever.

Solsticio has made a very valid point, just because a player doesn’t like NL doesn’t mean the class should be destroyed. Everyone has their own play style, some just like to chill and spam and some like myself prefer a more active class hence I changed to a Sair main.

Why nerf avoid on 2 classes that makes them unique. That’s like giving everyone weapon cancel bypass and make MM’s snipe obsolete....oh wait am alittle bit to late on that.

If avoid is a problem, then I say nerf stance to to make it balance, because as stated above stance seems to be 3:1 ratio, am assuming that’s the logic you guys have as a developer.

Am going to go there and say this, for those who has been asking NL to get nerfed are either failed NLs or can’t afford to make one. Because I know how hard it is to make a strong NL, while it is easy to play and you can just spam TT it is a long journey to get that strong, I know how hard some of my friends have played and how much time they have spent to get to..what do people call it....’the broken’ level by doing high damage. It seems silly to me for these people to get punish because some people can’t achieve the same. I quit my NL partially due to how expensive it was to make and how boring the play style was but I didn’t curse them and ask GM to nerf them, each to their own.

Am assuming this patch was trying to move people away from NL meta and shads were just by standers that has been affected, doesn’t this just show how hastily you’ve made the decision as you’ve considered how it would affect other class? Same as how changing the new crash system and boss cancel has affected one of MM’s most unique skill.

I would also like to add or I should say get a confirmation that Duku map spawn has been CHANGED and not spawn has been CHANGED and NERFED, as I tested it with a guildie, and the EXP was to great of a difference for a simple spawn CHANGED.

I’m not here to just rant, just giving my opinion, while there are negatives there I also positives, i think the new pq system will encourage more people to do the pqs and will hopefully give a more nostalgic vibe.

What I like the most was reverting the MTK back to its original visual as it looks 100% more dope.

Thanks for reading

10. remko109

remko109 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Luckyshotss
    Guild:
    Tulips
    Thats how its supossed to be.
    Bring back the Nostaligic server.
    Every update is just nerf 1 class boost other classes and that sucks !!!
    Just reverse all the class boosts/nerfs to normal as it was in GMS! nostalgic again !

This is becoming a JOKE !!!!

Metronome likes this.
  11. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    54jnac.jpg

no thank you <3

JacobSCA, icedem0n and SoyaMilk like this.
  12. Dash

Dash Donator

Country Flag:
    Most people are happy with the class balancing its only some of the more recent ones people are up and arms about
    being nostalgic is good and all but kinda boring i already played during those times and its nice to have new things

13. Novel

Novel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Can we just

remove muling entirely
    remove HP washing entirely
    recieve
    an autoban update
    kill leeching
    by reducing it's effectiveness drastically
    reverse the avoidability nerf
    on thieves or atleast for shadowers as they are far more reliant as melee class on not getting knocked off platforms / off their attacking position compared to Nerdlords
    reverse the crash skill changes for Paladin and half their % dmg of blast but make it 2 lines instead
    balance not best in slot weapons such as staffs, 2h BWs and what else there is, that's not being used.. im looking at you Polearms
    change anything for marksmemes for the better
    reduce
    the finished stats on the auf haven circlet as it's far too overpowered

and last but not least go through a server wype or add a second, new world (yes yes, dividing the community - better than people quitting altogether) with the changes mentioned before as cherry ontop of the cake?

That'd be actual fun to play..

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Amaranthen, Tiffaux and remko109 like this.
  14. Snake

Snake Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Intercourse
    Level:
    Yes let's make suggestions for large scale changes based on half baked ideas to completely reconstruct the game, on a thread that has an entirely different purpose, to fit your idea of fun

lee1, Amaranthen, benkrong and 7 others like this.
  15. Mandems

Mandems Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    man said server WYPE, he knows what he's talking about!

Snake, Jen123, RequiemZX and 3 others like this.
  16. BobTheBlack

BobTheBlack Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BobTheBlack
    Can we buff Mages?

Novel and MaiAh like this.
  17. Kethoe

Kethoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DripBrew
    Level:
    Guild:
    Freaky
    if you have THIS many issues with the server, saying this in the most sincere and polite way possible, maybe YOU should move to a different server.

It’s like in a toxic relationship when “EVERYTHING is wrong with the other person”. Nah fam, you’re probably problem.

Zkittlez, Egoiste, lee1 and 8 others like this.
  18. Geazy

Geazy Well-Known Member

IGN:
    JustFriends
    Level:
    Guild:
    Obscure
    I know for a fact that this person likes to troll, and actually already left the server to play diablo remastered

Kethoe likes this.
  19. Kethoe

Kethoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DripBrew
    Level:
    Guild:
    Freaky
    Perhaps, the post does seem like a ton of effort was put into it and doesn’t really seem like a troll post.

Regardless, I don’t really get people who “quit”, but still lurk on forums long after. Doesn’t make sense to me lol

20. Afkin

Afkin Donator

man now i can't eat and press triple throws :(

benkrong, icedem0n and MaiAh like this.