73.3 update BM changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TSwifty, Aug 6, 2021.

1. ColinKe

ColinKe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ColinKe
    Level:
    Guild:
    LPQLovers
    Seems that there r less ppl concern about that, as a MM, we dont consume as many arrows as BMs using hurricane do. As we still using strafe, the 2 min soul arrow is surely a pain in the ass and does no significantly benefit to MM; instead, it has a negative impact on the arrow consumption wise.

RainbowWing and TingTongBell like this.
  2. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Attacking speed was specifically mentioned in the dev notes, so I know they were at least trying to be considerate of the two different attack speeds of BM/mm, however if it is really overall a negative loss for xbow/sniper/mm, the 2nd job skill could be slightly buffed in duration likely

3. Hwaiting

Hwaiting Donator

Again, soul arrow lasts for 3 min 20s, not 2 min guys.

Soul arrow rebuffing is not a nerf, @FeiLongHuang already ran the calcs and took rebuffing into account:

Unless you are speaking in terms of quality of life changes, that makes soul arrow more annoying to use?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  4. Altea

Altea Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Altea
    Relieve please inb4 more ppl quit. It’d be nice if the arrow att boost can stay tho. uwu

5. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    Even if going to showa is a hassle, most regular potion stores should sell regular arrows that give +1 wa too. I think the inconvenience factor is overestimated...

Just holding 4-6 sets of arrows is more than sufficient

Nerd, tazan, KWJ and 5 others like this.
  6. SunMoon

SunMoon Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Every time I buff soul arrow now, a little bit of my soul goes along with it.

7. Hwaiting

Hwaiting Donator

Soul Arrow buff duration is 200s. Assuming you have 4 x 2k stack arrows, you get 133.33 minutes (more than 2 hours!) of uptime for Soul Arrow.

It's not that big of a deal.

Metronome likes this.
  8. MoriForest

MoriForest Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    If you main archers and you care about damage you'd be using diamond/red arrows already before this. Soul arrow wasn't even in my macro buffs. People would even place mules in Showa/Dead Man's Gorge to buy arrows. The only thing that sucks is that, as people already mentioned, soul arrow should still work even if your arrow runs out. However considering the attack buff that comes with it I think it's a good compromise, and archers should start seeing it the same as Shadow Stars now. It's the same thing as when Nightlords forgot to recharge their stars and unable to attack.

Instead of asking dev to revert these changes, you guys should ask for more convenient places to purchase arrows instead, eg add Red/Diamond arrows to Henesys, El Nath & Leafre stores. Also don't gimme the crap of having full inventory; I could fill 2 full pages with arrows and still have more than enough space for potions and necessary items. Clean up your inventory, put scrolls in storage, store your shits.

Honoria, Nerd, BetterNL and 22 others like this.
  9. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I think the main point was the idea of people playing bm for convenience sake, having to sacrifice a chunk of dps for convenience of not holding ammunition. I mean its understandable. Why should they hold ammunition? If they had to endure the same shit as NLs did they would play NL for higher avoid, higher dps, flash jump etc.

People who say their inventory is full could have their reasons like them being merchants (hold scrolls) though I feel they are just too lazy to explain the reason of not holding ammunition.

Also, bms dont just hold one type of potions, we hold power elixers, reindeer milk, icecream sundae as different bosses/mobs require different potions. They are more cost efficient since they can be looted from bosses. Note that BMs use more mp at a faster rate than NLs and BMs do not possess the alchemist skill, plus they get hit more often due to lower avoidability.

Evan likes this.
  10. jcstate

jcstate Donator

Country Flag:
    As a BM main myself, it's sad to see how whiny other BMs are. This is a buff guys c'mon. Complaining about having to carry a few stacks of arrows and about how you can't alt tab hurricane is really game breaking for you? I'm happy to have hamstring shot working on bosses and you guys over here are debating whether to quit your BM now.

Nerd, tazan, KWJ and 5 others like this.
  11. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    They could have just buffed BM if the goal was increase the dps, this just makes no sense as its currently done.

Allow soul arrow to work as its supposed to with no arrows in the inventory, and then let the people who want to lug around arrows have the benefit in the update. There is no reason it cant work both ways. Not sure why this was added at all tho. As if this is going to make people play a BM over a NL.. lol

CreamGoddess and Saledor like this.
  12. eddymeow

eddymeow Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    eddywoof
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
    Just trying to give a neutral 3rd party perspective here. I see a lot of comparison between BM<>NL. I am neither a BM or NL main - although I have a lvl 13x BM and lvl 16x NL.

I recently just created a BM, and for now, it is on hold. As the additional investment to finish HP washing it, doesn't seem worth it anymore. It's currently demoted to SE mule status for me :(

I see in various threads/forum chatbox, that the 6 attk buff to arrows is worth the trade off, and I always see people quote stuff like "BM are top single target attackers". Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in comparison to other 'single target attackers' such as NL, Sair, Paladin, or perhaps Bucc - I don't exactly see how a BM can be considered 'Top rank' when most, if not all 4 of those classes can out-dps a BM in most scenarios.

It seems that the changes to BM have significantly reduced the QoL and playability for a lot of SE mains - trade off providing an additional 6 attk range for red/diamond arrows.
    When I mention 'QoL', I am also referring to the removal of the alt-tab hurricane.
    I'm neither stating that the alt-tab fix was good nor bad. I am simply stating that the overall QoL and attractiveness for BM class has been drastically tanked down.

Jinium, Yakamoz, NekoYen and 5 others like this.
  13. HikariNoPuri

HikariNoPuri Donator

Level:
    @Kethoe (sorry not going to quote whole thing)
    def agree that inventory management is not much of an issue. I mostly used soul arrow before the change (maybe brought like 1-2 sets of arrows just to not rebuff during B dispell spam just for my own convenience). I only use like 200 PE during HT though I've built my BM around using equips that have extra avoid on the side on purpose (such as HTP and anniversary earrings).

I do think red arrows should be made available in more shops though.

@Saledor, they call it whining because you make statements like "I speak for all BMs," "you definitely do not play the class long enough," and keep trying to compare NL to BM when NL's role is main single target DPS while BM is support + DPS. You have made some constructive points, I will not deny you that, but those sort of statements put down people and don't add substance to your arguments.

Honoria, Al3x, tazan and 7 others like this.
  14. MoriForest

MoriForest Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Optimize your inventory better. I've only used 3 different type of potion, Power Elixir for emergency, Ginger Ale for HP and Sorcerer Elixir for mana. This is more or less how my inventory looked like for reference.
    oys68ld.jpg

Now that the soul arrow actually works like shadow stars you can actually cut down the slot needed for arrows in half, giving you much more free spaces to fill up with whatever you like.

For real, optimize better. Saying it clutter your inventory space is just lazy excuse and not anyone's fault but your own.

Al3x, Alstero, tazan and 11 others like this.
  15. jcstate

jcstate Donator

Country Flag:
    I've been playing BM for over a decade, I think I've played long enough. You have the right to an opinion and I have the right to call it whiny. See we both have opinions.

tazan, KWJ, LAthrun2 and 2 others like this.
  16. Hwaiting

Hwaiting Donator

8 columns for arrows isn't even necessary, 4 stacks gives you 2+ hours of soul arrow uptime. Regardless, Soul Arrow should be changed to also work without arrow in inventory, for 0 attack, because QoL.

17. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    What I said is based on facts.

Unless you can tell me with absolute certainty that theres a bm out there who would choose to hold arrows with no wa benefit, I speak for all archers that no one wants to hold ammunition.

18. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Correct me if im wrong but you asked why we were whiny. I answered your question.

You also implied for us to stop whining.
    "its a buff guys cmon"

19. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    The majority of feedback in this forum is synonymous with whining. Especially how it is written with a condescending undertone and indirect aggression to GMs, thus perpetuating more drama and causing staff to ignore a reasonable amount of "feedback" from players. I would also add...coming from you, a very whiny and new player on royals, for you to pretend to know what tradition is here and then question someone else's opinion is pretty hypocritical. We whine about the game, everyone does. Maplers are a bunch of soft boys and edgelords that resort to playing an 18-year-old game because we can't win a match of LoL or CS-GO.

Kethoe, CodGhost, Im16AndPreg and 6 others like this.
  20. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Most of us carry nearest town scrolls. Especially for different towns
    Some of us are traders and we carry scrolls along with us.
    Not everyone has the luxury of getting a perf helmet so we always carry extra helm dex % scrolls should we go for a zak/scar run
    We dont just keep 800 PEs as b2b ht would consume almost all of it leaving none for bosses like toad etc without restocking from storage chars.

We also carry all cure pots for bossing but I dont see it anywhere in your diagram.