Update on Soul Arrow

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Saledor, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Its actually just allowing archers to get a wa boost from the arrows they were holding.

I dont see how that is op for archer classes considering how they pale in comparison to other attacking classes as what GMs have mentioned

2. nany625

nany625 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nany625
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Everyone takes time to adapt to every new patch, I do too. Even though the Hurricane alt+tab bug fixing doesn't favor me, I have to live with it. From what I see, who can't manage inventory well are just... a small group. Is there absolutely no way for you to live with it?

What I find are:
    1. You are lazy to walk.
    2. You don't care about dps.
    3. You exaggerate the amount of HP/MP pots BM needs for bossing (I had no problem when I was 8~9k HP)

And I don't get why you compare arrows with stars while their price isn't anywhere close. I believe Cllib/llib are also welcomed if some people can't afford BF/MTK, but buying red/diamond arrows shouldn't be any problem for who run boss regularly.

eVolve, Tail, Lion and 12 others like this.
  3. Gabriel A

Gabriel A Donator

Country Flag:
    im agree with alt+tab bug to be fixed
    even i agree with new soul arrow pasive, just 2 things: 1.- increase more time the skill to 5min or 2.- make avariable using soul arrow without arrows but without buff
    hurricane is a monster drain for arrows, please consider.

4. tazan

tazan Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]
    idk what any BM was doing pre-patch if their inventory didn't look like this
    what exactly are you hoarding that takes up 2 more inventory pages? 30k pet food? 999 hearstoppers?

NLs that forget to recharge before bossing belong in the meme thread the same way BMs do now

The update is a purely totally absolutely free 6 attack buff and that's huge
    If you are losing meso on travel + arrow cost, you don't need to buy these

eVolve, Graces, MaiAh and 5 others like this.
  5. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Archers weak? sure...? One of the best self buffed dps class + support skill.
    It already received a well enough buff imo.
    Right now you can cut the storage & mesos spend on arrows by half! Or heck even more. If this isn’t a buff idk what is.

eVolve, Sharu, lee1 and 6 others like this.
  6. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Im not the one that said archers were weak. Im merely reiterating what GMs said which led to this update. Im seeking the best outcome from this update by proposing such changes.

In fact, I always said BMs had solid dps that did not need reworking. But now that it has come to this, Im just protecting my QOL perks which made me enjoy the way I and many others play BM

I hope you get my point

Jooon likes this.
  7. Spotted

Spotted Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Publicity
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    As someone who went from a 200 NL to BM for the sole reason of being able to monster hunt and screw around without having to recharge, this update is a bit annoying. Yeah I'm lazy but I had that factored in when deciding this class... Don't get me wrong I'm a damage hunter at the end of the day and enjoy the update but I wish there was a more lazy option of just screwing around without having to recharge aside from buying garbage starter arrows from the nearest town. Is it possible to still retain the nostalgic, unlimited arrows ideology while also keeping this buff?

8. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms

Im comparing BMs and NLs because the patch update for BMs getting this skill was mirrored to match Shadow Stars of NL. It is only logical to continue with that comparison.

I bossed regularly on my way to 200 and I have never once used diamond arrows. I just used soul arrow throughout. I only did about 100-120 HT runs on this server which isnt a lot if you think about it and probably too small a sample size but never have I once been called out for not using diamond arrows nor have I ever been asked if I do use them.

My issue with your comment is the way you presume I do not respect my party members because I used the old soul arrow. Thats just not true

You have to understand the difference between it being "a problem" and it being "unnecessary"

Any points made toward getting the diamond arrows merely stood to highlight the differences BMs have compared to NLs.

To answer your question on comparing arrows and stars, please note that the trade off for NLs having to pay more for stars is the advantage in several other areas including but not limited to,12.5min duration onyx apples from alchemist,lesser pots used, higher avoidability,lesser pots used, more dps from advanced stars.

I dont think its fair to say NLs have to do it so BMs shouldnt have any right to complain. BMs do not have any of those advantages so having this issue is just a flat nerf to us in QOL.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  9. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Theres actually a large number of BMs who feel this way which is why I started this thread. Many others have commented on the update thread in General Discussion and almost half if not 2/3 of them were BMs who felt the same way.

I have suggested several reforms in this thread so hopefully the GMs take them into consideration

10. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    I emphasize. I also think the amount of people this truly affects negatively is significantly small and that negative impact is negligible at worst. Alot of the points you mention are extremely subjective. So you've lost 5 use slots that now requires ammunition. That's 5 less ciders or a couple less stacks of potions for 10 bonus atk. Big deal. Traveling to showa or crimsonwood forest to recharge is also not a big deal. They're both places that are easy to access and for showa you have potions that take you there if in mush shrine. It doesn't get easier than showa and getting arrows. As for the duration In my opinion Soul Arrow having a shorter cd is a lot better as it makes it easier to just macro with my other spells now. It was always awkward as hell because it had such a long duration it often got put on its own key. Weaving it into my other buffs sort of feels better now that I don't feel like I'm wasting time recasting it if I had it macros with say booster and se.

tazan likes this.
  11. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    i only have 5 ppl in my bl that main bm seriously at lvl200 to give a qualified comment and 3 have quit since ytd and moved on to another server. Im sure that theres a lot of bms out there that feel the same way I do apparent from the number of comments from the previous thread in general discussion.

Note that these are just bms who still did not leave the server or those who bother voicing their opinions on forums.

The number of BMs who are uncomfortable with this is actually more significant than those who are okay with it. Not true to say its a significantly small number.

12. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    5 use slots is a lot. I have already addressed this in the above comments.

Also, as much as I appreciate your pov of it being easier to rebuff for you, I and other BMs dont feel that way. If we feel inconvenienced, i dont see the problem with fixing it.

Its not like our request for fixing it is absurd since we are seeking a change that goes back to how it originally was for the past 13-15 years whilst keeping the buff for players who enjoy the boost in dps

Vano likes this.
  13. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    Maybe it is a suggestion, but putting the concentrate passive seems to be a good idea for me, or to improve the hurricane from 100% to 130% as in some places I have seen that it has been established, either of those two are a good option for me, I hope to the others too, greetings

14. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    It’s not possible for Soul Arrow to have a mix of the current functionality and the old functionality. The reason for this is because the skill can only send one type of buffstat packet from the client to the server. Previously it sent the soul arrow buffstat, and now it sends the shadow star buffstat. The shadow star buffstat causes the player not to consume projectiles while the buff is active, whilst also using the weapon attack value of the currently highlighted projectile for attacks made while the buff is active. Although it would be possible to make the new Soul Arrow not consume arrows if you do not have enough, the problem now is that the buff would still use the weapon attack of whatever is highlighted, we can’t force it to use zero attack arrows.

We of course did consider leaving Soul Arrow untouched and simply buffing the weapon attack of arrows, however as explained within the developer note in the announcement, the amount of arrows required for prolonged gameplay makes simply buffing arrows not very impactful. And making soul arrow work like shadow stars means that in the majority of circumstances; arrows last much longer, and fewer arrows need to be carried in the inventory than before to benefit from their attack bonus. Additionally, the forced arrow consumption and shorter duration between buffs, does in fact add more depth to the gameplay.

eVolve, Spotted, KWJ and 9 others like this.
  15. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    All I'm going to say- why can't soul arrow be left the same, unlimited baseline arrows and if you have better arrows it consumes X amount for a set period for and gives you the buff?

That said, greatly expanding the amount of arrows able to be bought and stored per slot would be a lovely QoL update.

Not everyone here bosses, not everyone here used the better arrows previously (which is okay). I have no issue making the better arrows more relevant, my only issue is now I have to carry regular arrows around to use soul arrow in the first place and that quite simply rubs me the wrong way. The whole point of soul arrow was so that you didn't need arrows. As someone who hoards shit, yes, this is on me if I don't have the space, but come on lol.

Why couldn't the better arrows been balanced around this and left soul arrow out of it entirely? Why couldn't we make it so the better arrows are usable without changing it? Was it cost of the arrows? Was it access? Was it the concern that bossers would need to have too many to be able to boss (see my point about expanding arrow slots then)? Why are we changing soul arrow for bossers? I just don't get it. I can get behind most of the other changes because stuff like blind was stupid and allowing MM to jump while charging pierce hurts literally no one.

edit: lol sniped

Fixlim, Ynk, Yakamoz and 2 others like this.
  16. FeiLongHuang

FeiLongHuang Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    Thank you for the clarification from the game coding side.

17. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms

I just feel like this update is losing a lot of our already low bm population because its alleged buff is only for bossers whilst being at the expense of casual players who just want to do silly things and enjoy the chill part of the game.

Not a very good indicator if the purpose of this buff was to keep bm class competitive

Fixlim likes this.
  18. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    It's maplestory, I don't think anyone here is playing this game because of it's depth of gameplay, in fact, there's zero depth- it's a 2d game

angella, KWJ, Johnny and 2 others like this.
  19. ImVeryJelly

ImVeryJelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImVeryJelly
    Level:
    Guild:
    LiquorStore
    I think the easiest solution is:

1. Revert soul arrow + add in skill description "when the skill is active, you will not consume arrows and will not gain the power of the arrows from your inventory" also your soul is weak af
    2. Increase holding capacity of arrow for BOW to 5000 per slot

Sylafia, CreamGoddess, Fixlim and 3 others like this.
  20. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    so no one is gonna point out all of bms skills require arrows except for our little bird n power knockback while nl has a skill which allows them to substitute stars with mesos which is their answer to what happens if u run out of stars?

angella likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.