Update on Soul Arrow

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Saledor, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I dont think you associated with any of us to begin with if you dont even play the game anymore since the update

2. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    People have to realise that playing this game isnt all about bossing and dps.

Many play for the nostalgia and the opportunity to relax with friends after work. If the game takes away any part which they admired or felt impacted enough to make them feel uncomfortable, its only logical to want to leave.

Making fun of the player base who quits as such.. its just bad taste really.

pity

Aradia Megido likes this.
  3. nany625

nany625 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nany625
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I suggest forum moderators to lock the thread since there were enough discussions and recent comments are sort of off-topic.

Al3x, Ngot, Dann and 4 others like this.
  4. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Before this thread get buried, will just upload this here one more time to remind people of the original and nostalgic concept of the skill Soul Arrow, taken from HiddenStreet website.

In case any "veterans" decide to challenge it again or any players using made up info to describe it.

Screenshot_20210808-102410_Chrome.jpg

or in different servers

Screenshot_20210808-102912_Chrome.jpg

both of which DO NOT consume any arrows

Aradia Megido likes this.
  5. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    LF>Poll with possible changes or just lock this thread since its impossible lmao

Al3x, jeff8434, Kethoe and 5 others like this.
  6. lee1

lee1 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    uglee
    Level:
    ug
    Guild:
    lee
    Shouldn't we already be thankful enough that Royals allows us to start a character with the full 96 slots while old GMS only gave 24 slots? Like I really don't understand how holding AT MOST 2 rows of arrows causes this much debate and drama...

Also, please stop dodging the topic of people asking where the credibility is in your statements saying that "many BMs are quitting because of this soul arrow update" because first, "many" is extremely subjective to your own definition and secondly, I have only heard BMs, both competitive and casual players, being dissatisfied mostly with the hurricane bug fix. There have been like 5 people that have asked you to clarify but only to find it being dodged every time.

eVolve, Al3x, christie97 and 12 others like this.
  7. Hwaiting

Hwaiting Donator

I feel like there won't be anything more productive to discuss if you don't add a poll to the thread @Saledor .

You can do so by going to upper right hand corner "thread tools" -> create poll.

BetterNL likes this.
  8. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    theres no need for me to create a poll because wording a poll would require a neutral stance.

I am unable to achieve that unfortunately. FeiLongHuang has kindly offered to do so.

9. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    im sorry i must have skipped the 5 people. Could you attach the link for me. I only saw 1 from going back 1 page of the thread.

Im not dodging the question. I just dont know how to get evidence of this to show you. Does the increased number of smegas looking for SE for ages help? Im sure that isnt conclusive. How about friends asking me if I want to buy their gear so they can use CS for fun before they quit help? Doesnt sound credible or a large enough sample size either.

Does the fact that the server becoming less active and dead and moving to different servers say anything? Nope because not just archers decided to quit.

How about comments on this thread and the other thread regarding the update of bm players saying they'll quit? I doubt that would satisfy you since they technically havent left yet.

How about guildmates, bl and alliance who play BM actually quitting the game? Nah thats too skewed and biased off my end to give you an answer with credibility.

Maybe you just have to wait till you find it harder to get a SE for your boss runs I guess

But dont you worry. If you do find a SE, they'll have a +6wa boost to carry the party

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  10. zoeng

zoeng Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    One thing perhaps can make the SA change bearable (a bit)...let it end with Focus or SE's buff time. It currently has the shortest amount of time among Focus/SE/MW10 before a rebuff is needed.

11. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Hi. Am still waiting for you to link me to the 5 replies that I apparently dodged every time.

I only found one

12. lee1

lee1 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    uglee
    Level:
    ug
    Guild:
    lee
    I'm too lazy to read through every comment so congrats you proved me wrong. No need to be petty about it though! :)

Think its time to close this thread because at this point it's just arguing against someone just to prove that they're right, regardless of if it's on topic or not.

Al3x, christie97, jeff8434 and 6 others like this.
  13. nany625

nany625 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nany625
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    And we don't need the skill description again.

lee1, Al3x, Ngot and 3 others like this.
  14. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Alright just wanted to make sure I addressed everything. Did not want to miss out on addressing any subjective claims I made.

For what its worth I went back to the first page of this thread and scrolled all the way to the current page to double check if I missed anything.

Do let me know if I missed out on anything else.

I think this thread should stay open until the poll by feilonghuang is finished but if the admins and forum mods feel like this thread is a waste of time,by all means close it.

I dont know if this means anything since anything I say will always be challenged as seen in the above comments, but I myself will also be quitting if that puts any credibility of my statements at all, at least until this change is alleviated or made better than it is now.

I do not wish to leave on bad terms with people on this server so I hope everyone understands that everything Ive done for this thread was solely to fight for what I thought made me and others enjoy the game.

If I came across as rude or insensitive to some, I assure you I had no intention of doing so. Part of me goes back to lawyer mode when challenged, but I assure you I have no ill intentions. Im actually a really nice guy, I have like more than 12 fame.

I hope everyone knows that no matter what changes this game decides to have in the future, this server is the best. I wish you all well and stay hydrated my fellow jedis.

Gert, lee1 and Graces like this.
  15. Diphenhydramine

Diphenhydramine Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ssIGNss
    Level:
    Guild:
    Revolution
    Stop using "nostalgic concept" to back up your poor inventory management skills, it seems that most of the people here pointed out, that's a huge QoL changes, all left is your personal inv management skills :)

christie97, KDT, Eli and 6 others like this.
  16. whitemagejames

whitemagejames Well-Known Member

Shadow star is an NL skill. Soul Arrow is an archer skill. If the goal is to make the use of the new +att arrows compatible with hurricane given the inventory strain, increase the diamond arrow stack limit instead of ""customizing"" a skill maplestory archers have had for 15 years. there is no reason the fundamental archer skill soul arrow, whose sole purpose is to allow archers to attack without using arrows, has to be "modified" to solve the problem of hurricane requiring lots of inventory space if the number of arrows/stack can be increased.

The arrow att buffs, level requirements, etc -- all great additions, but there is no need to mess with skills in a maplestory private server that advertises nostalgia if there are less intrusive solutions, like increasing arrow number/stack, that achieve the same goal. Increasing arrow number/stack instead of engineering a Frankenstein Shadow Soul Arrow keeps both camps happy - BMs who bring diamond arrows to boss runs will require less inventory space, and those who -god knows why- refuse to carry arrows in their inventory can have all the +0 att arrows they desire with the buff working as it was originally intended.

Vano, Fixlim, Saledor and 1 other person like this.
  17. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Because we didn't need them and not everything about is about getting the most damage out of every situation.

I agree with everything you're saying otherwise, the skill is nearly 2 decades old and it's dumb as shit to mess with the skill because of BM and bossing- this, in my eyes, supercedes people getting up in arms over inventory space now and having to carry arrows.

Increase the per slot amount of each arrow and increase the price like we did with stars if the concern is making them too powerful.

Vano and Saledor like this.
  18. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    We don't intend to close the thread, but we are actively monitoring this thread for any off-topic or flaming comments

If we have missed out any off-topic comments (not related to Soul Arrow changes), please report them so that we may take necessary actions

Gert and Saledor like this.
  19. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    stop using 'poor inventory management' as a means to negate this update's poor workmanship

this is a server that advertises itself as one with nostalgia

soul arrow not consuming arrows is nostalgia

not having to hold arrows for archers is nostalgia

having good inventory management skills is not

have a nice day

20. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    There's no reason they can't update pisspoor skills (the crashes, for example, FA, another), as no one used them.

Saying "no one" uses soul arrow in 4th job is a poor argument tho as it's a second job skill, meant for second job bowman who wouldn't be using expensive arrows in the first place. I know its a tired bit but I just don't get the changes to appease the top players and bossers, soul arrow was hurting no one and doing its job as a low level skill just fine.

I don't know anymore.

Saledor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.