General [Feedback Request] Multi-Channel Multi-Client Farming

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Matt, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Bot

Bot Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Bot
    imo. The server is great as is. Duku was fun.. we lost that cool. Nl avoid was nerfed lmao thank god that was reverted because I didn't even wanna play anymore... The whole point is, Royals is a game at the end of the day and players want to have FUN! Taking away certain methods of meso gain doesn't make much sense while other issues arise such as tons of hackers seen, implementing the new bosses we've all been waiting for, and or fixing certain bosses for example Dunas v1 (Having to stand on the small top platform to avoid constant dispel, Miss attacks even if ranged, and worry about the massive dmg reflect while praying for a godly ep or something because it gives no good exp). That being said, there should be no more nerf to limit players from using their time to grind and make meso.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    Snake, CodGhost, Zusti and 7 others like this.
  2. Nerd

Nerd Donator

Guild:
    Create
    This post sums it up pretty well for me

There have been several threads asking for alternate mage farming spots, some even tagged with [In Discussion] but sadly no conclusion to it. There is no incentive to leveling/gearing a high level mage when the best farming methods can be achieved with a clean wand5/6/7 & level 1 mage ult. Until alternate spots pop up this problem is going to persist and we will keep going in circles trying to point a finger at whose causing inflation.

The economy already feels quite starved and a change to mage farming would shut the door to new players wishing to catch up to veterans - for that I do not support the removal of this type of farming

3. H4N

H4N Well-Known Member

Instead of nerfing multi-client farming, how about implement those 1h private dungeons? I used to play maplesea and those dungeons help alleviate overcrowding in highly contested area such as SG MP3 etc.

That being said, I understand how private dungeons can be exploited by the likes of hackers and botters.

I would also like to post a disclaimer that I’ve never farmed hesrtstoppers before, so perhaps I’m not seeing the different perspectives that other dedicated players would have.

I think this thread would be a great place to hear what everyone has to say. Let’s keep it civil and objective!

4. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    There has to be a reason that the "veteran" players are going for the voodoo/hoodoo maps, and not those other options though...

Bot likes this.
  5. whitemagejames

whitemagejames Well-Known Member

Fully in support of further restrictions on multi-clienting of these popular low-level farming maps. This will give new players access to another reliable method to generate income and will encourage active gameplay at all levels. Contrary to what's been mentioned before, this won't eliminate a source of income - rather, it will distribute the income over a spread of engaged individual players. Extreme multi-clienting at voodoos has always been on the edge of what's 'technically' acceptable -- first with AFK summoning, then with alt+tab BM glitching -- it's high time this type of exploitative gameplay is put to rest.

LuvSic, Kyree, Weird4Live and 3 others like this.
  6. akash

akash Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    zate
    Level:
    Guild:
    none
    If the restriction on holding mapowner is put in place, does that mean people would still be free to multiclient farm, but someone could come along and take their map and ask them to change channel?

Weird4Live likes this.
  7. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Finished my military service, graduated from university, started working, and you guys still trying to nerf legitimate players. In my eyes, this looks like a band-aid solution to reduce the number of multi-client the hackers are on (or an indirect nerf to hackers), which is not really surprising since autoban is coming soonTM amirite.

Some of the questions that came up while I read this thread.
    - Are these limitations limited to only monster maps or boss maps (not mini-boss) as well? What will be the impact on players that duo attack in bosses? For e.g in Horntail, an attacker + bs mule (BS can't use genesis to clear spawns now?). Will people not be able to duo attack in boss maps now?
    - Is there a point in allowing multi-clienting at this point?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  8. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    What did the original post actually say that made you feel the need to even ask these questions? Seems completely irrelevant...

UrbanJuggernaut and MaiAh like this.
  9. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I can only quote it for you but I can't help understand it for you.

Tail, Zusti and CreamGoddess like this.
  10. Kepler

Kepler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kepler
    Level:
    "we changed something but it didnt go as planned?"
    [​IMG]
    I dont think u are new here so. There are no stupid questions when it comes to "feedback discussions" since this server had few "accidents" with strange decisions.

Tail, Aestel, Jooon and 1 other person like this.
  11. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    is a bit late for this and geting out of it will need a lot sacrifice and nerves to deal with all the turbulence
    and am not sure if can get any better at this point or if even worth trying to fix over makeing world like royalsreboot
    mapowner change looks promising but it will take alot time to show real effectiveness

it started with glitching the keys (TC) to squiz a bit more exp/meso per hour it was not broken enough
    so we got all the way to crazy PC setups for naked or half naked multi mage mass farming goods that grounds the prices of almost any worthy item along side bots and rwtrs

i don't know how stopper price continue to drop in value 1m.....> 500k->450k->400k->350k->300k
    i haven't see bots before at olivia map and from what i can see now there is fights for free map so players would report if bots?
    demand is increased aswell especially after LHC where is norm to use them
    oh well am glad i don't farm them anymore maybe the drop rate increased? but as buyer for 300-350k worth buy over farm...
    so yea farm pls with more mules for cheaper price ty?
    maybe there is hope with future content that won't be much conected with current FM goods/mules and be actively monitored for ToS breakers (excited to see VL implementation)
    but sad to see now players count keep "decreasing"->turning to mules and bots count ~f4

nut and ImVeryJelly like this.
  12. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    in my himbo opinion, it's not at all how this the game should be played. that multiclienting is even allowed is absolutely wild, but i am a crisp 800x600 maple purist. i spent actual days B3J (before third job update) on my twenty-something rogue hunting a halfmoon zamadar from blue mushrooms. never found one.

all grampa cooler is trying to say is, the game is better without MC and no i will not be explaining why. but I'm right.

13. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    Perhaps a compromise? I don't think anybody is salty about someone farming 2 or 3 maps, its when it gets extreme and you basically have someone sweating all over 10+ channels and completely taking over the map for the entire server (and don't @ me about "aLtErNaTiVeS", Voodoo/Hoodoo is the best map by a long shot and you know it, that's why all the veterans go there).

Kumalex, WanWan, CupOfJoe and 14 others like this.
  14. Johnny

Johnny Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Create
    Same quote from the previous multi-client feedback thread... There isn't really much to say considering most of the replies in the previous thread supports not limiting multi clienting or muling. I think one thing that is generally overlooked is how much time and effort one puts in just to create extra character(s) to enable themselves to farm like that. Even after creating the character, you would actually have to farm for copious amounts of hours and maintain map owner just to reap the benefits. Instead of nerfing, I would support adding or buffing better alternatives to popular spots.

Shanmango, Mads, jaydenlim and 8 others like this.
  15. BertEast

BertEast Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    This is essentially what I think would work. The fact that every other end game alternative to farming mesos is made mostly obsolete in comparison to the sweatiness of multi-channel farming is demotivating to players that have jobs/hobbies outside of having 10+ accounts with level 100+ characters made solely for farming. The economy needs to be fixed and HS channel hogging is a symptom. Looking at characters that deal in ultimates/passive farming altogether would be a good start, as well as finding a way to make end game content like bossing provide better meso opportunities (remember when skill books and scrolls costed something? lol)

Also see a lot of dedicated players saying that removing multi-client channel farming would be TOO punishing and lead to quitting or hiatus is ridiculous. I know y'all ain't gonna hop over to a different private server just because the admins decide to experiment with ways to balance the economy. There's plenty of veteran and new players alike that would welcome a change that opens up the floor for farming at their own pace. (I don't want to be forced to buy heartstoppers if I USED to be able to just farm them in like, 2014)

Lastly, if you quote this with an entire thesis paper on MapleEconomics I'm not gonna start a debate. Just consider that the admins aren't out of pocket and my friends and I have been discussing wanting to see this change for a long while. I like what UrbanJuggernaut said.

Kumalex, Weird4Live, Mads and 7 others like this.
  16. Bistre

Bistre Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Bistre
    Level:
    Guild:
    Charm
    gets 10 married characters and apq all day

in all seriousness there are alternatives to making mesos that don't require muli-clienting: selling leech, farming equips to npc/scroll, apq, gach, selling aprs, selling a variety of different services. With the whole 15% exp drop boostt and 20% exp drop card, of course people are going to flood heartstoppers for the duration of the event, sure people will have a harder time farming them but with the amount of people farming the prices of heartstoppers will go done. After the event is over im sure all the maps will be open again, couple months ago I didn't have any trouble summon farming stoppers without the need to hold map owner because there were plenty open maps.

I thought having auto ban would result in being able to open mini dungeons which wouldn't require the need for map owner or any sort of competitiveness.

anyways I'm all for more alternatives, seeing so many nerfs is kinda disheartening.

KamiOh and bibz like this.
  17. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Screenshot_20211221-141021.png

do it matt. pull the trigger. you want to.

look just because you can no life a huge barely legal farming operation, doesn't mean you have immunity or say in that changing. just because its allowed and people do it, doesn't mean it's healthy or good for the server that you don't run. that's an entitled fallacy and appeal to problematic traditions. don't threaten a freak like me with a goodtime of one map farmers sharing with everyone else, or a farmer mass exodus

its the same situation with lyka. was that fair? not at all. it was the wild west. theyre exploiting the rules so they can hold and camp. plus the map owner delay made it extra abused. unsporting as hell. and if they're holding with one character but moving a different attacker around, report them for ksing. doesn't matter if they're ksing themselves, that's not active play. they're abusing the rules to exploit the game and make it wack for others who don't or can't invest time like sweatlords

but i also believe gach should go, and so should maple weapons and leeching and hp washing, so 0:)

18. AshPile

AshPile Donator

IGN:
    AshPile

FYI stopper price has gone up to 400k at some point then has fallen to 350k now. It has kept solid 350k line for a good amount of time.

It is not weird how stopper price is decreasing; drop rate is higher - even higher with the coupons - which means there is surplus of stopper in the market now. Moreover, the population has been decreasing over time when number of people farming actively for stopper have stayed the same. It is no surprise that stopper price is decreasing. Don't blame multiclients for everything; it's the overall population decrease in Royals that is causing it.

These nerfs have been implemented to fight inflation.
    Has it fixed any problems? Apparently not.
    This just tells us that users are not the main cause of the inflation - it is hackers and vote abusers who caused and are causing inflation right now.
    These patches did nothing but increased relative income/hr for hackers because meso is harder to access for legitimate users.
    If further restrictions are placed on multiclient/multiclient farming, worse things will happen.

Limiting multiclient will affect the overall farming experience of legitimate players only.
    Why? Because hackers won't give a fuck about this and will keep on sucking the shit out of the server.
    They will exploit the hack in however creative way they would like to and make their wallet fatter.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    FR06, Aestel, Jooon and 2 others like this.
  19. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    the 400k spike after oscillating at 300-350k for a while was due to "nerf" fix extreme hurricane multiclient glitching

Has it fixed any problems?
    of course it fixed or well kept somewhat "normal-healthy" who knows how low the stoppers whould have be today with that and with summon pet loot farming
    but if i look just as buyer in FM hell ye is nerf, i'd like them to be cheap as possible if not free

population decreaseed too but also demand increased a lot, is norm to run on stopper after onyx at any boss or just stopper this days , content like LHC that is daily for most and very good is on stoppers too

and of course hackers make it worse on top of that,i don't agree with that major group that says hackers help the market and provide us with easy accessible goods but unlike sleepywood dungeon that is infested with bots,stoppers maps are fairly safe of them

20. AshPile

AshPile Donator

IGN:
    AshPile
    The problem I am referring to is not just to stoppers but the general inflation on prices. From what I have been seeing, Ulu mob spawn nerf and pot price increase did not do anything good to the market.

Population of the server has decreased from 2000~2300 peak to 700~800, and if that did not do anything to the market, I don't know what would.

I don't see anyone who says hackers help the market. EVERYONE in this thread said hackers ARE THE ORIGIN OF THE PROBLEM.

My bottomline point is that limiting multiclient won't solve the problem.
    Yes, I agree that excessive multiclienting is bad for the server, but hackers and vote abusers are the cancer that is killing the server. If there should be any restrictions placed on multiclient farming, hackers and vote abusers should be removed (at least caught more often) first. Otherwise, only legitimate users will suffer and nothing will change.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    SHolmes, Aestel and CreamGoddess like this.