Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shiratsuyu, Jul 9, 2020.

1. gachaboi123

gachaboi123 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BlurSotong
    Level:
    Damnnn thats unfortunate :(

Fein and Mangoh like this.
  2. Mads

Mads Donator

IGN:
    Hornfail
    Nice clown bro, that's what you get when you put 2 and 2 together?

3. gachaboi123

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BlurSotong
    Level:
    Bro I really don't get what you are talking about. I am referring to the ONLY convo we had that you attached here. Anyway, I am not going to reply you anymore because it seems like you are not open to change your mind at all. But I will just say if I'm really a dickhead for rejecting anyone to share manon, I would have been in this blacklist long time ago (I have been hunting manon for more than 2years)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    Fein likes this.
  4. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    Blacklisting someone just because he kills all the bosses is just wrong.

So I go ahead and blacklist people now, cause they camp channels at crimson forest with their mules just to reserve BFs? NO, because its their right to do so. I dont like it, but who am I to judge.

"Accidentally" looting ALL stuff in Zak is way worse anyway, since it clearly shows intention inherently since you just dont ACCIDENTALLY walk from left to right over the screen and swipe it ..

I dont think its nice to hunt all Manons, if you know that the community needs it for HT, but this guy is right, you should prepare in advance.

Isn't it a dick move either to join HT without Dragon Elixirs? I ALWAYS prepare Elixirs in Advance, how would I assume its ok to let my HT squad wait and if I cant find Manon, then they are screwed?
    I know sometimes it just happens that you might end up without an elixir but then thats on you and not on anyone hunting this boss.

When I hunted Manon, I left a few channels intentionally, but that is me. No one should be obligated to comply to this or being blacklisted.

This is just not right!

This guy was also not starting the toxicity, since he simply replied "LMAOOO" to a passive aggressive communication showing the frustration of someone else. This is on the other one, cause they chose to bitch around instead of simply asking nicely, but understandable, I would have been a bitch too probably.

All I am saying here, is, live and let live, and please dont derail here into "I blacklist everything that I dont like about other's playstyles"

Stop being bitches lol

mannypacman, Aola, Galoc and 16 others like this.
  5. Mads

Mads Donator

IGN:
    Hornfail
    I agree he shouldn't be blacklisted for it. I'm not here to blacklist him, hence why I'm not the one who made the blacklist report, I'm just questioning his morals.

Pure, eVolve and NekoYen like this.
  6. bloodsicle

bloodsicle Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Eh, im down with that guy too.
    If i decide to hunt a boss, regardless if its for xp, mesos, nx or cards, im killing all of them, even if its just for feeling op on my char.
    If royals staff think boss camping is an issue they have several solutions:
    Make his map instanced like pap
    Remove the drops incentivizing players to camp him
    Change his spawn rate to be more common
    Remove the need to kill him from the quest.
    As is, its YOUR responsibility to prepare for your ht run in advance. Or you could find someone killing it and ask to tag it for the quest, as its all you need.

Pure, KDT, benkrong and 3 others like this.
  7. Leisure

Leisure Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Moeed
    Level:
    Guild:
    BingChilling
    to successfully black list future offenders you would need to:
    - define "camping", how long can one stay on a ch waiting for manon?
    - come up with a "hierarchy of needs" of who deserves to kill manon first like:
    [1] Questers -> [2] NX Hunters -> [3] Card Hunters -> [4] EXP hunters -> [5] others
    - written down etiquette for area boss hunting

that's all possible.

but it comes down to one thing, everyone's style of playing mapleroyals is different, some kill all the manon, some just sit in kerning city and smega 'uwu', as long as one singular player or guild isn't being targeted it really should not be a problem?

EDIT: and dealing with the people who cc surf all channels killing manon, trying to outwit them, trying to be faster than them, trying to be more persistent than them.... it's all part of the game, it makes mapleroyals fun

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    Saledor and chuckfan581 like this.
  8. gachaboi123

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BlurSotong
    Level:
    To be honest, this issue does not even concern about moral at all.

1)People who did HT quest to kill HT want to get valuable books or sell HT svc to earn mesos.
    2)I am hunting manon to get valuable books, nx, eq, etc and sell them for mesos.
    From what I see, there is no difference between the above 2.

Again, allow me to re-emphasize. If you want to kill HT to earn mesos, put in the effort to hunt for manon to complete your HT quest. If I want to hunt manon to earn mesos, I will also put in the effort to hunt for manon. Nothing about moral. Is about your commitment.

We don't have to make this simple system so difficult.

mannypacman, sighpie, Pure and 5 others like this.
  9. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    wouldnt hurt if anyone regularly hunting Manon and reading this just left 1 or 2 channels (like channel 1 and 2) for the community and so no further drama has to occur and everyone can be happy. Just pretend there is no channel 1 and 2 for this particular boss, every other boss go full on.

10. Leisure

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Moeed
    Level:
    Guild:
    BingChilling
    but then people will go to ch1/ch2 and just say they were killing manon for the quest, and then forfeit the quest and kill it again lol - if asked they'll say they accidentally forfeited it, or forgot to get quest uh oh spaghetti-o's

11. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    People really angry about not being able to get their manons huh

Put some goddamn effort and prepare in advance you entitled snowflakes. Too busy at work? Prepare a few elixers on the weekends. The quest isn’t available only once a day neither does manon spawn only once a day.

If you want to join an impromptu ht run without preparing an elixir you got to be ready to be disappointed with no Manon.

what are you guys gonna complain about next? People who login immediately after server checks to get fm spots are blacklistable too because you couldn’t find a fm spot after work/school/life? You don’t get the best of both worlds. If you don’t want to put in effort or the time you don’t get to complain about others who actually do.

if you can’t put in the effort or time, know that no one owes you anything.

What a joke having to even discuss this.

Gms, if you ever decide to make manons an instanced boss where you pay xx amount of mesos to enter a map with guaranteed manon, there wouldn’t be people crying over this. Just a suggestion. You doing a great job so far.

sighpie, Amnesiac, Pure and 3 others like this.
  12. gachaboi123

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BlurSotong
    Level:
    I am pretty sure this will not solve the "issue" as new players come and go which will cause a lot of players to be unaware about this unofficial rule. To be honest, I have been playing this game for 2 years and I don't know even know about this blacklist page until today.

Also, may I ask why must we give such a special privilege to HT runners by reserving 2 chnls? Some people like me depend on hunting all these bosses to earn mesos. You may argue that it will make more mapleroyal's players stronger by getting more books to buff the players but missing 2 chnls might cost players like me to miss some good drops from manon. As much as I want to be compassionate and I feel I have done my part by waiting for HT team to bring their team in before I kill, this is still a dog-eat-dog world.

Leisure likes this.
  13. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    it will make the difference for absolutely 100% sure as it is the people which shape the world. If you prefer to live in a cruel world without care for each other that is your problem, but why force such a destructive environment upon a video game which is supposed to revive childhood nostalgia and happiness?
    Just leave something for the others, its that easy

14. Leisure

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Moeed
    Level:
    Guild:
    BingChilling
    i find sometimes it's very helpful to discuss things using an analogy, it takes away bias, pre-conceived notions, and emotions (rhyme not intended)

ok so suppose there was a certain pizza chain that made a super special pepperoni slice, but only once every 3 hours. and there were 25 of these pizzerias in your town.

would it be okay for someone to drive to each of the 25 pizza places, one at a time, buying all of the available pepperoni slices?
    would you frown upon that?
    or is that his right to do so, if he wants to drive to all 25 and eat all the special slices?
    are you saying everyone should just have 1 slice at their local pizza place, what if there are multiple people there, should they take turns? or should it be first come first serve? would it be okay for one person to just live in a tent right outside the pizzeria so whenever a slice is available he can grab it?

i sit on the fence with most things, but i think if he wants to drive to all 25 places and get the special once-every-three-hour pepperoni slice, let 'em have it.

15. gachaboi123

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BlurSotong
    Level:
    Broo, if you are talking about childhood nostalgia, I have never ever seen a walking manon before when I was playing maplesea. People who want to kill manon in the back old days must literally camp there for a few hrs to get the kills. And don't make me go to the manon cry drop rate. Anyway, putting that aside because is not the main point.

I would argue that killing manon does not create a destructive environment. From what I see, it will just annoy a selective group of players here who always whine about how "hard" it is to kill manon and clear HT quest.

And also, this is not a real world, is a game and there is no cyber bullying here, so don't implicate human moral or value into this issue. You are just complicating things further. In fact, from what I see, it is just a competition between me and all players on who can find the manon first in a fair and square manner.

If you want everything to go in your way and always want things to change just because it does not benefit you. I would say you are not improving the game experience from overall perspective but you just want an easy life here.

16. Bacon

Bacon GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BaconLord01
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    eVolve and Leisure like this.
  17. Leisure

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Moeed
    Level:
    Guild:
    BingChilling
    correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought the topic was debating putting BlueSotong on the *community blacklist* for ch surfing and killing all the manons, and whether that's right? is that not the topic?

not trying to be argumentative, just looking to be educated

Bacon likes this.
  18. Bacon

Bacon GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BaconLord01
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Fair point. Re-read posts and edited my initial message.

Leisure likes this.
  19. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    @gachaboi123 whether you deserve to be on the blacklist or not you're certainly a very unlikable person lol

Knoxz, Quach, Dave Deviluke and 7 others like this.
  20. gachaboi123

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BlurSotong
    Level:
    TBH, this is the first time I'm described as an "unlikeable" person in my 2 years time with mapleroyal. But that comment does not surprise me since this is the first time I have a long discussion with people who grind their way in mapleroyal by selling HT svc and it just so happen that I'm in their way.