Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shiratsuyu, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    I am not gonna change my stance on the silly chair-blocking of people in FM (or anywhere else) just because of this statement

I am trying to be helpful on both Discord and Forums cause I wanna be nice to others, hence why I cannot support the stalking behavior

It's fine if you wish to disagree with me or feel I have a bad tone
    (you have not seen me truly bashing people, not gonna deny I have a bad temper)

Please feel free to block me on both Forums/Discord should I have caused you any discomfort due to my bad tone

What I think is not Harassment
    - Blocking others with character/chair
    - Sitting in front of FM 17 (or any other rooms)

What I think is Harassment
    - Persistently doing the chair blocking after being told not to
    - Purposely following/stalking someone

Lastly, I do not think Souna should be blacklisted or banned for the chair-blocking, I just think he should stop it
    Submitting a Report Abuse or blacklisting should be the last resort upon communication breakdown

CreamGoddess, Tail, Tentomon and 5 others like this.
  2. bloodsicle

bloodsicle Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I did say it was bothering, im fully aware its annoying, frustrating, etc, i just feel like caing it harrasment is muddying the water, since there ARE cases of harrasment and things like this make them seem less serious than they are. I did say he shouod be reported and dealt with, i just dont like it being labeled as harrasment.
    And ye i know irl it is harrasment but this being an online space DOES make a distinction here. Do note im not saying hes innocent or even that he shouldnt be dealt with, just dont like the term harrasment being used to describe this behaviour.

Mellow likes this.
  3. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    I have explained why I defined it as [Harassment] in my previous post

Also,
    [​IMG]

What happened is indeed considered as [Harassment] to me - you can disagree with it

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    CreamGoddess likes this.
  4. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    1. I'm glad to see a shift in an overall tone from you, but I'm not going to let you get away with deflecting all of the issues that have arose from this discussion to everyone else except yourself. Because the fact is that everyone recognized that whether this behavior constituted harassment was a matter of personal opinion... except you. While you are more than free to ask questions and express disagreement, you have repeatedly dismissed etuko's experience and others' opinions with wildly exaggerated and abrasive comments such as:
    And when others called you out for your shitty behavior you immediately started behaving defensively and quite frankly, aggressively. Who's bashing whose opinions here? Who's outraged over whose opinions here? Why don't you take a good look at what you wrote yourself, friend. The irony is that you have spent all of this time and energy complaining about everyone else being offended and policing the tone of others when the only person that has ever done that is you. Learn to take accountability for your own actions.

2. The Community Blacklist is completely unrelated to Report Abuse. There is a reason that behaviors such as scamming and harassment have always been both bannable and blacklistable--and I personally have made this explicitly clear when I managed the blacklist myself many years ago. It was appropriate for etuko to forward this issue to either the Community Blacklist or the Report Abuse--or both. But more importantly, whether etuko decided to forward this issue for the Community Blacklist or the Report Abuse was her decision to make and not yours. That being said, you are correct about one thing, and it's that you are not the decision maker. However, the majority is the decision maker and that is how this blacklist has always operated.

DayHime, Ditz, Tail and 11 others like this.
  5. Gunit

Gunit Donator

Country Flag:
    Well nice cherry picking. You impress me, no seriously you actually do.

The sensitive part was to the people who got enraged because I questioned her report on the blacklist community. I did not understand what part was the harassment. I really didn't hence my questions. I also stated early that if she feels like this is an actual harassment make a report abuse for her own sake.
    I have not once been outraged, called anyone "acting like an ass" and of course I have to get defensive when the 1337 rage police arrive because having an opinion that doesnt suit the narrative is unbelieveable.
    That's what your problem is, being correct. I don't agree with you on this and you don't like it. Because if my opinions didn't bother you why did you even reply to me in the first place

I will say it again - I don't think this is harassment based on my opinion. I have completley different tolerance level and I have been targeted by real life stalking and harassment. THAT'S BASED ON ME.
    But this is not about me, it's about etuko and like I said she has her own tolerance level and should just report it.
    Although this isnt the case anymore since you still have some issues with my replies and comment I do apologize for stepping on your toes.
    And to the other people who I insulted in some way, I will apologize.

Spiritless and Mellow like this.
  6. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Who's outraged but you? Who's enraged but you? Who's acting like the rage police but you? I'm not asking you to concoct some passive-aggressive bullshit about apologizing for "stepping on my toes." I'm asking you to learn to take accountability for your own actions.

DayHime, Fahren, Becca and 2 others like this.
  7. Gunit

Gunit Donator

Country Flag:
    I am not outraged. And you're the one being enraged.
    I take full accountability and responsibility for my actions. But I cannot serve you and I'm not here to please you. If you don't like it you can look the other way or simply ignore.
    You really don't have to reply to me or speak to me. Nobody is forcing you. It's very simple, I'll even give you the last word. Go.

Spiritless and Mellow like this.
  8. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    After a lot of discussions, Souna @sounaa has been put on the list. Due to the gaslighting in his response and the temporary ban, I think a spot on the list is justified for the time being.
    I understand people will be very split about this decision based on the discussion the past days, but I am willing to remove Souna as per rule number 4 under the condition that he understands the situation without gaslighting it and don't bother @etuko1212 any more.

Side note: Thanks @DickDann for your clarification!

9. Mellow

Mellow Donator

Country Flag:
    respectfully, for you to accuse him of gaslighting in his response and the fact that you're only willing to remove him under the condition that he admits fault, it seems to me that you didn't approach this in an unbiased manner from the start. if you wish for the blacklist to be credible and taken seriously like it used to be, please do not add names recklessly. unlike everyone else, you have a big responsibility to be fair when it comes to this thread, so please kindly reconsider. if not, at least just hear me out so that you know where i'm coming from

i had no intention to comment at all but please allow me to share my personal experience with one of these lovely, angelic ladies that i had the misfortune in meeting today as i was minding my own business. from what i remember reading somewhere, @etuko1212 and her friends said that they don't claim to "own" the fm platform but a couple minutes into seating my character there today, one of them saw me from a different part of the map, defamed me, and cc'd. i hadn't said a word to any of them and didn't use a big chair to obstruct the view of their characters that they seem weirdly obsessed with and are always so desperately wanting others to see in plain sight (they do like mentioning buying a lot of nx i guess). not that i give a rat's bottom about fame, but i had no idea who this person that defamed me was until i tracked her, saw her guild, and lo and behold, here we are now. this problematic behaviour isn't very "luminous" of them if you ask me

[​IMG]

unless we're talking about shedding light on their toxic attitude

anyway, since this player's actions have deeply annoyed and upset me (props to mapleroyals' own goat/human encyclopedia @Dave Deviluke for educating us on harassment), i hope that justice will be served for me too if i do decide to press charges via report abuse. most importantly, i fear that our mental health will be negatively impacted whilst playing on this server if we have to be forcefully segregated from certain players and areas because a cult-like guild can now decide that we've overstepped their boundaries and made them uncomfortable by trespassing onto their property that is a platform in ch1 fm or whichever map or channel they think is their territory.. or sitting on top of them, i don't even know

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then again, since i returned her guild member's friendly gesture, i will consider our internet beef settled for now because i am gracious and civil... unless they try me again, which in that case i will not hesitate to get the godly volunteers involved

the funniest thing is that what seemed to be an innocent thread that @etuko1212 created became a witch hunt and the pitting of a community against a single person who in actuality never did or said anything at all. the bullying and harassment committed by the accuser and her supporters on the forums were far greater than what he did and it's unfortunate that anyone who dares to defend him gets viciously attacked as well. why is it a recurring trend on here that no one can defend themselves or have different perspectives anyway? not to mention that she and her friends have consistently exhibited self-victimising, overly dramatic, and narcissistic behaviours in their thread which seemed to have flown right past a lot of heads. she was able to rally up enough sympathisers to take down the quote "scary" and ugly pixelated man on the pepe chair that had no reason in being that big for "blocking their cute (subjective) pixels". i applaud her clever tactics though because she got her justice faster than when i was falsely autobanned on another server

in all seriousness and sarcasm aside, my point is that they definitely feel attached to that particular spot as if they own it or they wouldn't have defamed a random person like myself just for sitting there. as shown in the first screenshot, there was no interaction. they were not spoken to, not stalked, not followed to other maps or channels, and not harassed in any way whatsoever beforehand. they were simply territorial over that spot and have become terrifyingly bitter for that reason and the community backed up this kind of appalling, narcissistic behaviour. the fact that someone is on the blacklist and banned for strictly sitting on top of another player repeatedly has blown my mind harder than my epilepsy ever did in the last 20 years

this isn't an attack on you @etuko1212 but if you and your aesthetic girl gang have a problem with where players sit whether it's around you or on top of you, i will use my 9th grade japanese skills and google translate so that we can have a cute chat about it because what matters is beauty on the inside and not whether we can see how beautiful your maplestory character is. i promise i will not sit on top of you and will even sit on another platform if you'd like. i wouldn't want to be defamed by one of you again

and for all of that, the ban is one of the sorriest things i've ever witnessed on this server. shame

Tiffaux, Singu, DonCheeto and 8 others like this.
  10. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Souna was not added to the blacklist recklessly, it was added by Shira after careful consideration of Souna's explanation.

I am not stopping you from defending Souna or wishes to remove his name from the blacklist, but at least provide logical reasoning for the defense and not just claim Shira did not approach this in an unbiased manner. (which part?)

I would agree with you if you said something like "I don't think chair-blocking is something that is worth blacklisting", would appreciate more reasoning behind your statements for the blacklist removal so that we can at least discuss it.

Unable to comment on the "seating" issue without screenshots, so I can only comment on the defame.

Without any details provided, we are unable to ascertain if you had any conflicts with them prior to this that caused the defame.
    In the situation where "Luminous" guild engaged in Mass Defame, you absolutely can submit a Report Abuse about it since targeted Mass Defame can be considered as Harassment.
    Persistent mass defamation will be considered three or more defames by an individual and may also include asking, paying, or otherwise incentivizing other players to defame another individual.
    Although you claim "not that i give a rat's bottom about fame", the following statement of "i hope that justice will be served for me too if i do decide to press charges via report abuse" suggests that you do mind about the defame. As I have several characters, would it be okay for me to fame you back instead?
    Note: you can still submit a report if you wish to push for the matter, but it won't be considered as [Mass Defame] for 1 defame

Kinda off-topic: I don't really get the screenshot of the definition of "Luminous", if you claim they are not "Luminous" to defame you, does that mean I can do evil things if I have guild names such as "Evil", "Devil", "Satan"?
    The guild name is not a justification for us to do anything.

Regarding the so-called spot attachment, none of us here is claiming etuko or Luminous guild gets to own the spot/lane.
    We are disagreeing with the constant stalking/blocking behavior, it's your choice if you feel that's okay to do so, but I would feel annoyed if someone is constantly trying to block me.

Lastly, a reminder for sound reasoning of why the blacklist of Souna is not justified instead of resorting to name-callings such as "you and your aesthetic girl gang".

Note: players are unable to justify the ban on behalf of the Staff team

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  11. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Also, what's with this?

I am not sure what we gonna do with this info

12. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    rEsPeCtFuLlY, this is a little aggressive and antagonistic for someone who seems to insist on allowing people to "defend themselves or have different perspectives." This is clearly an attack on Etuko, so why even bother claiming otherwise? You clearly have shit to say against her--and honestly that's totally fine, because at the end of the day that's essentially the whole point of this thread. It just seems extremely disingenuous and hypocritical to contextualize this kind of verbal vitriol with comments about discouraging bullying and self-victimization. And to reiterate, the owner of the blacklist never makes personal determinations on which players end up on the blacklist--it is always based on specific decisions or general standards set by the majority of the community. As the previous owner, I personally think Shiratsuyu has done an absolutely fantastic job so far managing the blacklist. It is disappointing to see them get dragged down this way because players never recognize the level of stress that is demanded from managing this blacklist.

DayHime, Becca, eVolve and 6 others like this.
  13. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    upload_2023-3-4_23-32-6.png
    time to blacklist myself

x3heybee, Tail, Ghostie and 13 others like this.
  14. eddymeow

eddymeow Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    eddywoof
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
  15. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    Added to the list and also reported to GMs. While you may not be a scammer necessarily, the fact that you are in a guild called "Scammers" is soliciting scams to me, like you're planning to scam someone if you haven't already.
    Now, If you get down on your knees and say please, I might consider removing you from the list. Until then, you can continue to dream about it.

(I am joking of course)
    [​IMG]

16. Gunit

Gunit Donator

Country Flag:
    1. IGN: Quess (It's a mule, I suspect his main is Zan**) I might be wrong and dont want to nameshame the wrong guy, so will leave out 2 letters blurred.
    2. REASON: Stole apple coming from my box
    3. DETAILS:
    Ok basically, this guy and I reached top platform at the same time "I Flash jumped" he walked ontop, on my frames I was up first, on his frames he was up first.
    He hit 2 boxes to the left, I hit 2 boxes to the right, my box dropped an apple which he took and refuse to give back since he say the entire platform is his.

Edit: The 4th image is the nicest ending :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    Kung and Ruruchi like this.
  17. Ruruchi

Ruruchi Donator

IGN:
    Ruruchi
    Guild:
    Shark
    I have not done APQ for a year but i don't ever remember claiming an entire platform for themselves to be a thing.

Gunit likes this.
  18. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    It is not. It has never been. It is just best to spread out as much as possible to have as many apples as possible for everyone.
    This guy though is just a very toxic thief.

Gunit likes this.
  19. KDT

KDT Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ZeusMuse69
    Level:
    Guild:
    Heart
    this shit could be avoided if u just go to another platform?????
    u have the highest mobility ~f18

:pepeboba::pepeauf:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  20. frozenrain

frozenrain Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    snowy803
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    1. IGN: ViciousNL
    2. REASON: Deliberate griefing in shao
    3. DETAILS: ViciousNL was smegaing J>shao (see 1st ss). While as a new NL I've never done it I was under the impression that NLs are capable of splitting clones, so I said I'd run with him if he can.
    We enter shao, and for the first 30 seconds things seem fine. But I notice he stops attacking after 30 seconds. So I'm not quite sure what's going on there, but things happen (maybe he dropped his keyboard who knows). But after a few seconds he walks (not FJ) to the far left side of the map, stands next to my mules and afks. Thinking maybe I somehow missed him SE I give him that, but nothing changes.

About 2 minutes pass, clones spawn and I'm crying while avengering in the right corner. I ask him multiple times what's going on and if he can just tell me if there's something wrong (like if he said "sorry irl emergency" or "technical issue" it's whatever, y'know) but he actually comes back to the right. I was like alright finally we can probably clear if we split fast enough, but he starts using autoattacks (single stars, under shadow partner) for a good 20 seconds. Then he moves to the middle of the map, and I can only surmise that he disconnects on purpose.

I am attempting to consider a reality where this is anything but a deliberate griefing. Lag? His actions makes no sense. IRL emergency? Likewise. I gave him ample time to relog and explain himself but he remains offline like 20 minutes later, so I'm posting it here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Unfortunately, I have no ss of his activities while inside shao, as I was, well, doing shao. But nevertheless, that's what happened.