In Discussion Content Rose Garden Nerf/Adjustments

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Raimie, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Raimie

Raimie Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rara
    Level:
    Guild:
    OHMS, Rice
    I agree with this on the first part as this definitely encourages people to properly fund their mages to maximise farming.

The 2nd part well... it is definitely laughable HAHAHA

2. Snuf

Snuf Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SnufTheDit
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Agree with this, the fact that this is duo clientable much more than other dailies since you can use mages here is kinda dumb, especially since it promotes channel hogging to essentially grief other players.

Also I don't think the competing for resources is classic MMORPG argument hold much value here, its 45 minute content per character instead of max 5 min for Pap or Ellin so you're just casually agreeing with a 10x time increase. Probably would be best to move the Bee Hunting Stage BON to not hog the channels as much as it has been if it stays this way..

Raimie and lxlx like this.
  3. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    Oh right I believe @ImVeryJelly did the math for mages to 3hit (since 2hit is impossible). IL mages need 1461 tma to 3hit, and bishops need a bit over 1900. Although 3rd map spawns/layout I feel is a bit better than 2nd map.

With these numbers I could see a slight buff to 2nd map HP values?

This depends a lot on how you value the first section. Do you count it as free since you'd likely run anyways for the ring? Do you not care about ring and just want to analyze total profit? I'd guess it's around 50 totems + 3k nx for the first part, ignoring box rewards. So I'd guess after box/ifia's earring/gizers it'll be ~150m/hr? Then bonus is class dependent, on bishop I've gotten 28 bees, 28 bees, 39 bees, 36 bees (1500 tma) for about 164m/bonus (if pure bonus, that'd be 328m/hr).

This is competitive with high end multi-mage farming, but takes high investment and is limited by how many 170+ mages you have.

Attackers of course are making less, looking like good runs are hitting maybe 30 bees max? Still quite nice.

Knowing average meso/hr of auf and ht would be nice to compare.

--------------------

Overall I do think multiclient restrictions should be put in place here. The single client rates seem maybe slightly high but within reason. If you can double or triple it though? That's going to cause a lot of issues.

I've also never been unable to enter garden, and I usually run 1 char at reset, take a bit of a break (and therefore lose my channel), and then run a 2nd char maybe 20-30 mins after finishing my first run. I'd bet right before reset most channels are empty.

EDIT:

Assuming 1100 int (int is worth slightly more than MA by about 3.3 damage/int), bishops need 1,439 tma to 5hit golems, and 1647 tma to 4hit. 3hit, assuming 1300 int, is 1944 tma.

4hit bish seems reasonable with echo, 3hit... not really.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    Raimie, lxlx, MaiAh and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rukedinashi

Rukedinashi Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lais
    Level:
    Guild:
    Awakening
    those are all mules and about 200 real people

5. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    We greatly value your feedback as we continuously strive to refine and balance the new content. Our goal for the rose garden is to create an enticing and rewarding solo grinding spot for high-level players, with a consistent reward that is slightly lower than party-grinding or bossing. As such, adjustments, or "buffs" and "nerfs," may be made to ensure an optimal gaming experience for the players. Your input is invaluable in helping us achieve this aim.

NekoYen, Al3x, Raimie and 4 others like this.
  6. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    Isn't Rose Garden supposed to only be done with one character? How are they able to multi-client if you can only do one character at a time? That'd be glitch abuse

JuliusOmega likes this.
  7. Snuf

Snuf Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SnufTheDit
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Play it solo on 2 clients simultaneously

lxlx likes this.
  8. Manu666

Manu666 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Resolution
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    and i was about to suggest some buff...I suggest doing RG for 2 people at least. Getting into a 50 min run (as a Hero with energyzer) just hitting mobs makes a little boring. So they can complement each other like Warr+bucc or NL+Archer; at bonnus stage each can choose one of the three maps or just doing in the same map.

9. Johnny

Johnny Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Create
    its all fun and games until someone starts selling rose garden channels :pepeboba:

10. Snuf

Snuf Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SnufTheDit
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    I think this is a great goal to have and it has probably been achieved just looking at the response from the community. What I personally like the most is that this is the most similar thing I've experienced in Royals that compares to old school solo grinding. I think it shows how many people are willing to actually play the game if they get rewarded for it. In my opinion, Rose Garden as a "farming" method at this point merely somewhat equalizes the playing field compared to some of the "more advanced" farming strategies this server has seen throughout the years. I would therefore implore to, in possible future balancing changes, carefully consider the daily aspect and how "good" this farming method is in comparison to "more traditional" Quad/Hexa mage farming, keeping in mind that mage farming isn't limited by a daily counter. Please do keep Rose Garden both enticing and rewarding, whilst thinking of ways to keep the toxicity that the community sometimes seems headed towards to a minimum. Everyone loves drama, after all.

PS: A possible suggestion would be to have multiple bee hunting maps per channel, and colorcode them, eg. Hidden Red Garden/ Hidden Blue Garden / Hidden Yellow Garden (insert as many colors as you would like possible maps here). This suggestion would keep the map taken up to and including the boss part.

PPS: Rose Garden isn't meant to be good for Night Lord, which is good for meta diversity. Don't play :pepeauf:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    vainz, Raimie and Sylafia like this.
  11. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    I think the main issue is that neither of these are all that rewarding, even compared to just solo client skele leech selling. And imo this should be more rewarding than selling skele.

12. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create
    check timer left
    upload_2023-4-11_10-31-12.png
    NL

upload_2023-4-11_10-31-24.png

BS

and pretty sure Mages are best job when bonus room

13. Neried56

Neried56 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Neried
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lunaris
    omg lol, never knew they scaled the HP to the class

14. Plu1337

Plu1337 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I agree that boss hp for mages should be buffed, weird that my mage kill the boss 2 times faster than my non mage char.
    Also if can a duo run option could be great too with boss has x2 hp ,x2 boss reward and other stays. A couple of friends can do with ea other for better reward mayb.

JuliusOmega, Sylafia and Raimie like this.
  15. Zkittlez

Zkittlez Well-Known Member

IGN:
    StarReaper
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    The content is brand new and naturally everyone wants to run it, of course the channels will be taken. This is perfectly normal and no reason to start talking about nerfs at all. Yeah lets nerf something because its new and fun and people like it. How absurd.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    vainz, JuliusOmega, LLew and 8 others like this.
  16. Kheb

Kheb Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'd like to say that for the first time in 2 years I wanted to start leveling, gearing and playing my mage again. Whatever people think of how balanced it is or not, I do not care.
    Amazing content, fun, rewarding. I love it.

There are 2 minor things that bug me.

First is the distance I need to be from an interactable npc, such as the the ghost I need to free, wich is unnecessarily close imo. Putting my hands of the keyboard to grab my mouse annoys me fairly much already, but then I am opening my character window several times before finding the right pixels to click to interact with the npc.

Second thing is the readability of the text that tell "A Golden Bee has Spawned". (At least for me) this text is very easy to miss. Either a bigger font, a chatbox notice or both would make it much easier to notice.

Nevertheless, great content.

LLew, MaiAh, Zkittlez and 2 others like this.
  17. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    Why is it not ok or weird that a mage does more damage to the boss compared to other classes? It makes sense lore-wise since it is a magical golem that is best countered with magic.

Tbh duo clienting in this sort of content seems quite stressful, since fairies expire and can spawn anywhere on the map, so I would not specifically nerf all mages just because some people are crazy enough to endure duo clienting in rose garden.

the yellow text is something that could be fixed though, as Kheb mentionned. It happens to me every single run that several bees spawn at a certain point and in that case it is easy to miss fairies simply cause there is no way to tell how many times the yellow text was printed to the screen.

18. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Can we make it such that for the interaction with npc (summoning of rose, freeing the ghost), we can use npc chat rather than left click of the mouse which your char has to be directly on top of? I always end up double clicking my own char instead. My char thicc

Scuzz, Tail, Kurose and 5 others like this.
  19. frozenrain

frozenrain Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    snowy803
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    There's no reason to do anything but Rose Garden now

Bossing was made quite literally worthless

Daveman91, s934 and Raimie like this.
  20. Icato

Icato Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Muuu
    Level:
    O dont think it need nerf
    I just would say to make it not hold the ch on bonus run would help a lot

LLew, CodGhost, Kung and 2 others like this.