In Discussion Content Rose Garden Nerf/Adjustments

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Raimie, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    I think it's reasonable to seek to adjust the system of a newly-established content that is ripe for thoughtful evaluation, rather than the system of a long-established content that many players have already invested specific time and effort in to. Just because a player has certain personal opinions about one content over another doesn't necessarily mean that they're "cherry picking" to suit their own interests.

benkrong, Sylafia and Raimie like this.
  2. Maras

Maras Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nanael
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    For some thoughtful evaluation, as you say people already have a lot of investment into mages, so maybe giving them an extra way to make comparable mesos on the same job that can already make the same mesos per hour all day, shouldn't be allowed to do RG as an extra supplement of income daily on top of the farming they already do. limiting RG to only dps jobs?

3. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    ~f12 who are these people that multi-mage farm all day everyday? if there are that many that you claim are multi-mage farming all day no problem everyday, can you name at least one?

on the contrary, you're making multimage farming seem like it's effortless to do, i'm not sure how to explain it to you why it's tiring and annoying to do it, but it's definitely not as easy as simply pressing a button and moving your character. it's something that you have to try it to know it i guess ~f18

basically this,
    150m/30 mins at rose garden
    jfPiH9x.gif

vs

150m/30 mins at quad ulu / hexa pepe
    ezgif-4-507d0f8d5c.gif
    got this from inugami's meme about sair vs nl ~f13

i didn't ignore the other ways mesos are "injected" or earned, i actually quite literally addressed them in one of my earlier posts in this thread here :
    upload_2023-4-25_11-9-31.png

hmmm, meso sinks was something that staff brought up years ago to combat the inflation that was brought upon by multi mage farming, you can read all about it here :
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/update-65-18-04-2020.155184/

but in regards to your question, no, i have not considered adding more meso sinks because i find it counterproductive to waste time and effort to think of a bandaid solution that could potentially lead to more issues, and also, it's not my responsibility.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
    benkrong, Yakamoz, Becca and 9 others like this.
  4. NANI1

NANI1 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    NANI1
    Level:
    Guild:
    Playboys
    Theres not that many multi mage farmers who farm hours daily anyway. I go through channels from time to time while going to krex/zak on my bishop and notice not a lot of people farming at ice valley and ulu1 probably only one during non event periods. Also when I made a 4th mage I quit multi farming on the 2nd day :donke:

Sylafia, Raimie and cn_joy like this.
  5. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    It’s a 2D game I did not think you wanted an explanation on fiscal consolidation as well.

A country may have debts and loans but that is a concept that does not apply in royals simply because no one “invests” in royal’s economy but the players themselves. As you have already mentioned. There is no external factor nor external pressure on inflation which debts and loans would have here.

Eg: royals is the only country in our world

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
  6. Maras

Maras Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nanael
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    The point is that mages can farm the same amount per hour. this doesn't seem to bother people. Why is having a new way to get the same result in the same amount of time through different means a bad thing. People now have an intuitive way to make use of their characters to make mesos without having to suggest they make more mages, and mages can still make the same they had before through either RG and/or farming several maps like before. The headache I can understand is the mages being sad anyone with a high enough level character is making the same amount of mesos using dps or solo mages now.

7. Raimie

Raimie Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rara
    Level:
    Guild:
    OHMS, Rice
    I think why no one is bothered by mages being able to farm the same amount per hour is because that's the only thing mages can do but it's not that simple to farm the same amount per hour. If mage farming is that simple, everyone will be mage farming but only those people who are willing to dedicate time and effort into farming quad and hexa are able to do that. Mages and bishop can't really boss and the only thing useful for them is using their aoe skills to farm (bishop don't count as bossers because they only are there as mules/debuffs/ress and not for dps). And for mages to farm that amount per hour, it takes really alot of focus and concentration to barely farm that amount of mesos. And also mage farming is usually done during event times when there are bonus drops and loot so that they can hit the target mesos they want. Hence, it's not a daily thing (usually)but actually per event/period where it's sustainable. For people that really does it daily without event bonus, well salute to them. Since RG though, people are not hexa/quad farming and are just doing RG daily, based on interactions and from the thread itself.

I can't say for sure what I feel about it being a good or bad thing but it surely doesn't feel right when a DPS can earn as much money as a mage on a daily basis, excluding gains from boss runs. Mages are already being left out of so many content and literally the only viable option for them is to farm.

I agree with your view that solo mages earning money is a good thing, being an alternative to leech.

What I feel is a bad thing is that this mesos can be earned daily, +/- RNG. Like many have expressed concern above in the thread, having such an unhealthy amount of mesos being injected daily is definitely not a good thing. Prices are deflating primarily because of totem rewards and RG, and maple anniv is coming up soon so prices may continue to remain low. As some has also suggested above, once prices don't deflate and people start cashing in with the tons of money saved, it is then when people start to experience the downside of injecting mesos daily. (Just my own opinion)

benkrong, Becca, Donn1e and 3 others like this.
  8. Pure

Pure Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saturn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Trinity
    Is the limitation of having to be level 175 to access Von Leon in addition to all the pre-quests required to access Rose Garden really not enough of a gate to the content? In my opinion, it really does take a lot of work to make a mage, level it up, gear it, complete all of the pre-quests (including killing Von Leon), and then possibly repeat that multiple times to have various mages with access.

I'm just one opinion, but it seems like a lot of work that deserves a reward for everyone involved.

Hopefully, it might bring some more activeness to Von Leon and encourage players who have refrained from attempting the content to want to try it.

9. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

Just a small correction - you need to be level 170 and you only have to do key to rose garden and badges, which is not the full preq.
    It's not that hard really for most players as a lot of ppl have 170+ attackers/mages with LHC around.

Pure likes this.
  10. Pure

Pure Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saturn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Trinity
    Ty for the info :)

I wonder if they could change it to require all of the pre-quests to be completed first. idk how others would feel about that though. Just a thought.

11. frozenrain

frozenrain Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    snowy803
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    The difference between Rose Garden Prequests and Von Leon Prequests is fairly trivial.

bombalele likes this.
  12. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    Lets combat meso inflation by making shadowers recharge their daggers like stars.

I just finally got another CS today from my Rose Box, so we can remove that now thanks.

CS, Totem (gach), nx (more gach), pure meso is too overtuned. Seeing how itd be too hard to buff everything struggling, might as well have to nerf it a tad.

To be fair, i’ve noticed most my friends feeling burnout nowadays and I can find cc’s easily.

13. NANI1

NANI1 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    NANI1
    Level:
    Guild:
    Playboys
    You wanna revisit this post?
    Nightlord/Shadower nerf | MapleRoyals

Dominican likes this.
  14. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    You know, you really didn't have to take EVERY suggested nerf along with a couple extras. RIP content, I'm just hoping the ring droprate isn't awful, otherwise this content going to just be a miserable grind.

TWBlueBear, LichWiz, Al3x and 10 others like this.
  15. Green Mind

Green Mind Donator

Not when people were specifically against the mage-specific nerf except for a few NL mains.

If you're going to essentially lower mage bonus time by making the boss a fatter Black Crow with a holy instead of lightning weakness, there's zero need to further punish them in the bonus itself.

Well obviously I'll test it out first, but for now, the multimage farming spots beckon...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    Al3x, ZJZJ, CreamGoddess and 2 others like this.
  16. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Roger
  17. Dominican

Dominican Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dominican
    Level:
    Guild:
    N/A
    Sheesh never got anything but elixirs and 2 crappy rings from my boxes, come back from my 1 week vacation to find out the feens that spend 6-12hrs a day farming these boxes gets a universal nerf for everyone smh, thanks y’all

Aqwrd, Al3x, Humbled and 2 others like this.
  18. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    I suggest you to give it a try before giving feedback. How else should your feedback be taken serious?:confused:

Halloundtschüss, Al3x, Tail and 9 others like this.
  19. TheHound

TheHound Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    With a lot of people requesting an exchange system for the etc drops, would of been nice to have that added in somewhere or maybe it's a work in progress #coming soontm? -.-'0:):'(:(:):-/:3:confused::love::Do:p:X;)>:(>:D>:D:8):~imboss~imboss:xD:^_^'

CodGhost likes this.
  20. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    I think you're being a bit too obvious in trying to make merch profits off this...
    S> like 1/4 of an inv of etc btw

TheHound likes this.