Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shiratsuyu, Jul 9, 2020.

1. bloodsicle

bloodsicle Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Exactly. No one argued that the guy who dropped his items isnt a dummy for doing so, or that the looter wasnt within his right to do so (otherwise we would be seeing this in the ban appeal section lol), but the community is also within their rights to shun him for doing so and blacklist him. Blacklisting isnt resulting in anything on the player's end, its more of a tool for the community to see if certain players have bad antics. Ie i wouldnt wanna go to ht/zak with a person whose on the blacklist, but that doesnt mean he cant do that content, he just needs to find people who are either unaware or indifferent to his antics.

CodGhost, leishun and Sylafia like this.
  2. Knoxz

Knoxz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Leavings
    Guild:
    Versatile
    Hahaha.. the one thing I never do is drop trade... we have a trade button so learn how to use it folks...

chuckfan581 and Saledor like this.
  3. Straalman

Straalman Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Barms
    Level:
    Guild:
    Liquorstore
    Yes I did, however we are not playing actual maple like it was back in the day. Most of us start here for a dose of nostalgia, but most of us stay for a sense of community that wasn't there in the old maple. A sense of community that is mostly build on trust. Trust that is needed for boss runs and whatever!

It might be to the original maple, but that is not were we are. Even though his actions were completely legal, he breaks the "trust" many players in this server show. People tend not to like this over here and are allowed to act upon. This whole thread doesn't exist to point out illegal stuff, this thread exists to warn people for players that show certain behaviour most people don't seem to like.

And "stealing" someone else's stuff to essentially ruin someone's experience on this server is not? (also have you played the original maple, it sure seemed to happen back in the days as well, perhaps to lesser effectiveness, but people sure tried)

Nah, nothing objective here, but you sure come off as an asshole.

MaiAh, CodGhost, NasiLemak and 13 others like this.
  4. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Everyone is gonna react to differently to things depending on certain factors. Youre comparing similar situations but in this case the key difference is location and value. Looting some crappy defense scrolls with maybe a few valuable scrolls where the total loss doesnt exceed 100m is not on the same level as losing 3b+in attack items. Your example takes place near a gach where the overwhelming amount of times players are dropping worthless scrolls to make room, while the atk gear scenario is inside fm, where the attitude is very different. This is not how everyone feels but to many the fm is more of a comfy safe space to mingle amongst friends and guildies. Its why most everyone afks in the fm entrance with guildies and friends. People have a real attachment to fm entrance. Its why Royals changes the background during every event. While the rules dont change for either location, the social expectations behind each area does. If i dropped some vip rocks in henesys to an alt and someone looted them, id be mad at the player for looting, but more upset i was stupid enough to do it in the open like that and would move on. If i was hanging with my guildies in fm and dropped some tele rocks and some guy looted them, id be pissed cause im in what i perseive to be a safe zone amongst friends and guildies. I see it all the time people drop trading things to one another in fm. Its the general attitude a lot of players have when in the fm. Looting someone elses stuff in fm bothers players more, which is why people spoke out this time.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    SeizureSalad and LLew like this.
  5. vainz

vainz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Koinz/klawz
    I don’t get this philosophical debate.
    Pretty straightforward - the stealers aren’t going to give back stolen items nor will they be able to resist their need to steal when given the opportunity to. Neither you, nor me are going to convince them otherwise.
    How do I know that?
    Well, pure ethics. If they need someone to tell them that - it’s already lost.
    Avoid drop trades whatsoever and keep posting their names here so we know who to avoid.
    Items / mesos come and go -
    reputation isn’t.

edit: @notthor I am deeply sorry, not for the stolen items but for that feeling of being tricked into something you could’ve prevented. It feels bad, I imagine, but keep in mind reputation is what’s gonna get you going in this game. That’s the only golden rule I know, the biggest tip I can give you. Trust me, you’ll get the mesos back and far beyond, just don’t let it get you that hard. We’re here to support you, i’m proud of you for being able to admit your mistake and face the consequences the way you do. That’s building your reputation, that’s the real mesos.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
  6. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    okay I respect your opinion on this matter. Its not wrong to think it from your perspective.

Sylafia and Enticing like this.
  7. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Back on gms on Broa, me and the guild i was in, ironically enough named Villians, would show up with our 4th job mages and kill steal you every minute you were on until you either gave back the items, or logged off. If you were real unlucky our alliance members and friends would show up and help. One guy named Rediculas had so much fun after he got it for 3 months straight, he paid for a name change and went to another server.

On Royals your only option is to blacklist someone. Royals is not GMS.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    Tentomon, CodGhost, NasiLemak and 6 others like this.
  8. leishun

leishun Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    leishun
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy

This is quite literally what was going through my mind when I did this. I did it in an FM full of guildies and friends, and in the past have done so too. I'd never met anyone in the past who steal something in FM and then did not immediately give it back because it was all in banter. Again, lesson learned, I realize there are some selfish asses on this game now.

9. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    I completely understand how you feel because the same thing happened to me when I first started it in 2019. My cousin and I borrowed some int gear from a friend @Mililani, and my dumbass cousin traded the wrong person and gave away everything, worth around 3b too, to a stranger in PPQ. I did exactly what you did. I followed the guy and asked if he could give them back, and he did the exact same thing too, avoiding me at all costs. I seek help on the forum. I reported him to GMs. But at the end of the day, nothing happened. However, @Mililani and I became close friends despite this bullshit incident. Anyway, my point is that you probably will not get these items back, but those who support you in this dark time are far more valuable than these items! Now you know which individuals to befriend and whom to avoid as friends.

note 1: I have a 8att cape and 11 att gloves getting rusty in my inventory. You can have them as a startup to build your wealth back!

note 2: *wave Hey shadar, can I have my items back now? it's been a while

Absolutely you did nothing wrong! But there is nothing stopping you from giving the items back and being a decent and respectable player either!

rwt-er be like:
    [​IMG]

DeJia, Mililani, kmusissi and 35 others like this.
  10. leishun

leishun Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    leishun
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    You're way too generous, I appreciate it very much. I didn't mention this yet but a GM did try to help me out from what I understood of it, but it was to no avail. There are a couple of bad apples in the community, and I know that now, but generally speaking it's a really kind place to be! All of the debatings aside, both parties were wrong from an ethical standpoint at least. I should've been smarter, but I wasn't.

Again, thank you kindly, Kenny <3

MaiAh, Kikoku, Fahren and 8 others like this.
  11. bloodsicle

Country Flag:
    Its good to recognize that calling you out for a poor decision is not victim blaming btw. We have a saying here in israel, a breach invites a thief, which essentially says while you are at fault for this happening for providing the opportunity, he still stole from you.
    Kudos to you for recognizing that and i do hope your future interactions are positive :)

eVolve and leishun like this.
  12. Pancako

Pancako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PancakeSwap
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kamuna
    I think enough was said about MeatMonster and I think whether or not he chooses to do the "morally correct" thing or not, is up to him. If he chooses to sacrifice rep for some CGS (bruh), then so be it, but good luck dealing with all the shit you get on the rest on the server (nothing is free, not even the CGS you looted, there is always a price to pay). I personally love the 500m Perf Kanzir meme, although I have nothing against the person who the meme is about!

However, at least the former owner of the CGS has taken ownership of the blame. For a person to drop their CGS on the floor, multiple decisions needed to be made (eg. is this worth risking? what if my internet goes off the moment i drop my cgs, what if a random passerby loots it) especially since you know the value of the items you drop. I do this all the time too at my convenience so I'm prepared for whatever happens.

Same thing with people who put things in their shop at max mesos and take offers. Hard to have sympathy for ya. If you wanna do something like that, once again, for convenience (so people can see your items for sale), then if you forget to take precautionary measures (ensure there is mesos in the shop, and test with a mule that the item cannot be bought), the blame is solely and entirely on you. If the person chooses to return the item, great, if not, you have to pay the price :)

I bought a significantly under-priced pirate OA a while ago, and while I did consider compensating the seller to make them feel better, ultimately the way they spoke (unwilling to take responsibility for their own mistake) made me reconsider it. I then proceeded to share the spoils with my guildies and friends. It is what it is!

Baconfry and leishun like this.
  13. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    The overall consensus here seems to be: You drop something, you take the risk. I can agree with that
    4loko, if someone is actually harassing you, feel free to share evidence of it. That's not okay. However, other consequences that don't break game rules are to be expected. I can't stop you from picking up items someone drops. It's not against server rules or anything, but in a similar sense, I can't stop people from asking questions and contacting you in-game either.

So yeah, like other people already said, it's your choice if you want to keep the items and deal with consequences, or if you want to give it back.

[​IMG]

Seyu, vainz, Ruruchi and 3 others like this.
  14. Gabriel A

Gabriel A Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN: Aslaug
    Reason: run and pick Krex Ring intentionally Captura de pantalla (38).png

15. Pancako

Pancako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PancakeSwap
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kamuna
    Can you give more context? The first thing we can see it says "i'm sorry"

16. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    He’s doesn’t even know what sorry is, not yet.

[​IMG]

NANI1 likes this.
  17. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    As Pancako said, this just shows Aslaug apologizing. Doesn't seem intentional to me, unless you have more pics or something to show us

What is going on here? Why am I Mrs. Puff? :donke:

Yakamoz likes this.
  18. bloodsicle

Country Flag:
    Top tier meme

19. Pikestorm

Pikestorm Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Pikestorm
    Level:
    Guild:
    Storm
    1. IGN: Ho11oW
    2. REASON: Maple Tree PQ Toxic Behaviour
    3. DETAILS: Was just doing my daily Maple Tree PQ runs; normally each person gets assigned a portal to do, since I was left without none I went to help top right since that's the one that takes the longest and this pleasant player begins throwing shade at me, then defaming me and coming on his mule and defaming me in FM. I came into his portal, he was like "?????????" and I said I was helping, and he replied if I was "blind", then repeated this toxic behaviour when I helped him the next run.

Granted, my initial response of him eating a literal human male organ wasn't prudent, but who in their right mind gets mad for receiving help in a PQ????

Apparently he was mad at me for helping him (?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
  20. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Ima be real with you. The guy was a jerk, and needlessly so. But you're not without some fault here. Putting aside what you said to him, you did defame him first. If I defamed someone first, i wouldnt be shocked if they defamed me back once or even twice

DeJia, degerman123 and Sen like this.