Uhm... new godly items system?

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Marty, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endlessly

Endlessly Donator

First off, I think it was a bad idea to implement this change without thinking about the consequences and without having a solution or statement ready. In fact, it might have been better to just stick with the old system, despite it being bugged or non intended.

Here is what I think. In Matt's topic where he explains godly items, he clearly states items go anywhere from +0 to +5. That's a clear indication that the best possible stat should be +10 on top of the average. Now I understand that in the past 18 months it seemed like +9 above average seemed like the best. However, that doesn't take away that players should have realized this was due to a bug, or perhaps +10 was extremely rare. Either way, they could have known that one day a better item could pop up. If they assumed this wasn't the case that's their risk they took investing all of their money in a +9 stat item. Unless staff members have said that +9 on top of the average is the intended and best you can get, I don't see why people should be compensated.

Also as people have mentioned, where do you draw the line? There are going to be people saying "My item was 1 off perfect, I wouldn't have bought and scrolled it if it was 2 off perfect". What about the people that that were fine with 2 off perfect, and now are stuck with items 3 off perfect? Point is, there are always people that are going to remain uncompensated, while others do. I agree that some have had more effort into their gear, but that doesn't make it more fair. Unless if you could compensate everyone, but that's out of the question.

If you're compensating weapons for that reason, aren't you obligated to do that with all the other equipment too? What about items that have been recently obtained? Could people sneak those into compensation too to get better stats?

I feel extremely sorry for the people that feel like they've lost their time and investment over time. But I don't feel like a compensation is the solution because it can't be applied to everyone. There are always people that are going to remain unhappy, a compensation isn't going to change that. Especially because it was their own belief and choice that there never would be +10 above average items in the game.

Tim, Miika, Courtney and 2 others like this.
  2. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    You said it yourself, +10 didn't exist.

You really need to learn how to read.

3. Endlessly

Endlessly Donator

Ironic hearing that from the guy that quote's half a sentence to make his point.

If you had read the whole thing, you would have seen that I said their belief that there would NEVER be +10 above average items in the game. Yes it's true that previously there haven't been, but that doesn't mean that in the future it could have been fixed. In fact, here we are now and look at how unhappy those people are. Why is this important and relevant? So far the main reason for compensation has been that people thought they had the best possible item. Yet I'm trying to say they could have expected this to happen because it was supposed to be like this the whole time.

Of course people are going to disagree with this. I mean, if your hard earned items were on stake why wouldn't you? I just personally think that thew reason for compensation isn't a strong argument on it's own. It seems more like there's compensation because people are complaining.

Lunch, workteam and Tommy like this.
  4. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    There is not any site I would trust more than what I see here in game. Obviously you knew about this bug why didn't you report it?

5. Plenty

Plenty Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Plenty
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hollywood
    I remember questioning about the godly system for a while and even more so in my End Game Guide. I highly doubt that anyone that's played MapleRoyals doesn't know that the godly system is missing +5 items.

ben259 and workteam like this.
  6. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    ... you should support me, not go against my argument ~f4

7. Plenty

Plenty Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Plenty
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hollywood
    I'm saying this because there's no chance that the Admins didn't know that the godly system want functioning correctly. It's strange to have it revert back all of a sudden. In some way. I did report this issue and bring it to light. Although I never got any feedback for this, I assumed it wasn't a big deal and was ignored.

maggles and Andreas like this.
  8. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    lets just give every max clean weapons?

9. Marty

Marty Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Linyah
    Level:
    Just to give some feedback on some people comparing Royals to GMS.

I've made several perfect items on GMS, but it was completely different there. First of all, you made perfect items, knowing updates would come to render them obsolete. This knowledge is something we don't have here, since this server is meant to stay v.62, and small updates are made, but nothing so gamechanging to render loads of items obsolete or, at least, imperfect.

In fact, in GMS, it was added strategy to perfect items (the fact that updates would come to change gameplay). But, as GMS player, you had the advantage of JMS/KMS being ahead of you in terms of updates (normally), so anyone who wanted to lose as little money as possible, sold their perfect equips well before an announcement of e.g. a Timeless/Reverse weapon system was made on the GMS website. I did this with my 90 ATT Purple Sleeve back in the day, and it sold for almost enough to completely finance my perfect Timeless Lampion. Me and others played the game accordingly. (This didn't always work; I've sold a near-perfect item on GMS, expecting a change that, in fact, never came.)

And even back then, losing what once was perfection wasn't nice, it was a downside of perfecting items.

My point is that GMS and Royals can't be compared, which many here do to support their arguments. Back then, we made perfect items, knowing they'd become imperfect at one point. Here, we make perfect items, knowing that this won't happen, so a compensation would be in place. We were fooled by this thought, which staff now decided to change overnight. I'm not against the change, I'm against a lack of compensation when this change is made.

@Matt, my personal opinion on what should be done. I agree with you, really. Any items that lose their status of perfection or are perfectly scrolled with 1 below the former perfect clean, should be given +1 ATT and possible +1 LUK/DEX/STR/INT (secondary stat, some people actually care about this like @Gangsta and @Plenty, who want a perfect LUK on their Craven, too, but this might have to be done on a case-by-case basis) as compensation. Any other items that people consider to fit certain criteria should be refunded, as well, but they should make a post about this, since this will probably be hard to automate. What some might consider worth perfecting isn't worth perfecting for others, but the above mentioned situation of perfecting items is something that everyone agrees on, really (if you 30% a 59 ATT sleeve or 110 ST, you're mental or like this risky life a bit too much, or your name is KevinJai). Maybe have a temporary sub-section on the Character Issues forum section for perfect items compensation, where items have to fulfil certain criteria to warrant a compensation for this case-by-case compensation for items such as HTPs, tops, bottoms, etc.?

Yes, I know this post is somewhat of a summary of some above posts, but getting an overview can be useful. ;_;

Strategic, Plenty, Sila and 3 others like this.
  10. SuperYulin

SuperYulin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Risa
    Just to throw this in there: Will Sky Skis go up to 105 now?
    This is a bit important because that would mean that a 140 att is possible when before all would go up to 139 max. Makes quite an optical difference between 13x and 14x.
    Some people will disagree on this but can we also add 1 att to 98/99 clean skis that are being perfected? I know that these are not nearly clean perfect but 100+ att Sky Skis are incredibly rare compared to STs since not as many people gach at Showa. If Skis will only go up 139 now, ignore this suggestion.

11. AdamBrone

AdamBrone Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Vaseline
    Level:
    1#
    The main reason why i perfected my 108 att shiner bow with WS only, is because i believed it was 1 attack below perfect. It was also the highest attack shiner bow clean in the server, until that 109 attack showed up. Another reason was because bow's are so rare, since no-one likes to gach at henny it was pretty hard for us BM's to get a perfect clean bow. Honestly, i wouldn't have perfected my bow with just WS knowing that a 110 attack is possible. I would have 30'd at least 1 slot if that was the case, and continue'd forging bows. 1 attack below i could deal with but two?

12. Marty

Marty Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Linyah
    Level:
    That's exactly the problem here, Adam. :p

Btw I love your signature l0l

AdamBrone likes this.
  13. Gangsta

Gangsta Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gangsta
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    YES

Btw dont use @Plenty he didn't even know the luk of his craven, lol, scrub.

Andreas and Marty like this.
  14. Tyronethesavior

Tyronethesavior Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xXsquidw4rdX
    Level:
    Guild:
    guci
    This new +5 godly thing like steak on a plate i didnt kno that 84 wa existed until today but still feels good mate, i had 82 wa king cent and i thought that was cream of the crop and i yolo 30d and wasted a couple ws's trying to 10 the heck out of it and found out there was 83 max and i was like gosh darn it to heck but it all good cause 84wa existed and i was like haha suck that @Kekturi, but it's not the thought and principle that goes into perfecting a weapon. It's the feeling that goes into it. Perfecting a weapon is a way of life.

Tommy, kinny, Senpai Shrek and 4 others like this.
  15. Gang

Gang Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Gang
    Level:
    13x
    Both sides have good arguments, but I'm going to side with the people that want the 1 attack added to their weapons.

Yeah, in the history of Maplestory, you had to be ready to adapt to new updates.
    However, MapleRoyals has always avoided things that affect the way you want your ultimate set-up to be.
    You won't see any Potential scrolls, Epic scrolls, scrolls that add 6 attack for sure, and also, there has been a statement that Timeless and Reverse weapons will not be added.

So, what will your thoughts be about creating the ultimate weapon, looking at the past of MapleRoyals and the statements of the future about different scrolls and weapons? And that they've only added content, and barely any new weapons, which never really overpowered the top.

My initial thought is that nothing is going to change.

Which is very different from the official Maplestory game, which was updating every month or so, adding new content and weapons, scrolls along the way.
    The 2 can't and should't be compared in my opinion.

Marty likes this.
  16. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    Same position as me, but I used a 58 sleeve over a 59 instead of a 108 bow.
    Since that is the best weapon I found in 10 months of playing (70+ forges myself)

Andreas and AdamBrone like this.
  17. David

David Donator

IGN:
    Tainted
    Level:
    Guild:
    AllStars
    Lol y'all talking about compensation for weapons that weren't even perfect in the first place? Where's the arbitrary cutoff for that? Like omg I started scrolling a 106ATT bow because I thought it was only 3 off perfect not 4!!!! Pls GM give me more attack tnx :-*

Y'all doing TOO MUCH now. You knew your weapon wasn't perfect even under the old system. Let it go.

Geox and Nostaigia like this.
  18. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    Can anyone confirm that there is the exact same chance to get any of the possible additional attacks if godly is applied?

i.e same chance to get +0, +1, +2, +3, +4, +5 etc.

Senpai Shrek likes this.
  19. Kekturi

Kekturi Donator

Country Flag:
    um y r u harassin me tbh??

20. Marty

Marty Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Linyah
    Level:
    To quote @Matt: