In Discussion Content Rose Garden Nerf/Adjustments

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Raimie, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Gunit

Gunit Donator

Country Flag:
    What are these random changes to rose garden?

What is anyone to do with burning energy if you're not in a group that does VL?
    At least make it so that you can exchange burning energies to totems. Since you're nerfing totem drop.

If you cap bee spawn to 20 why not up the % spawn rate? Some don't get to 20 bees.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
  2. VitaLemonade

VitaLemonade Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Initial thoughts: These nerfs were worst than -50% across the board.

Puff2153, Fergerar and Tyloo like this.
  3. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    imo changes seem pretty reasonable, cutting totems roughly in half is good as it was (in my opinion) one of the biggest potential issues with this content.

Capping bees isn't necessarily the best solution (partly since it doesn't actually target the meso/hr of the content, just makes you need more mules) but it should be ok and do a good enough job of balancing it until next patch, where hopefully a more significant restructuring can happen.

RIP all bishop mains until next server check though, we're going to struggle hard :VLsad:. But that's not a balance issue, that's just a bug.

s934 and NTR like this.
  4. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    upload_2023-7-7_8-34-57.png

it isn't an announcement but I feel this suffices? ~f3

5. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

Ah i think this occurs when your 21st would spawn as opposed to when you hit 20, or maybe my guild chat was lively and I just missed it lol. Yes it’s enough.

6. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Im still not a fan at all of RG.

The quests are meticulous and boring.
    The boss is just a sponge.
    The ring is such a horrible drop rate, i have no more effort to give grinding for a good one. Much better off just buying a RoA to have with Mewok/ krex/ lovebirds
    20 Bee cap is silly. Why even have raw mesos for bees in the first place? I could farm/merch/leech at a MUCH more efficient rate than RG now. RG being a meso grind for non mages is just a bad idea.

Im sure it was said already but bees should be tradable to an npc for untradable goods. Strong attack potions, temporary HP potion, something, anything but just mesos. Help us get stronger for VL. I dont want to waste 40mins just mindlessly getting 100m and some totems. Im not sure if everyone feels the same way but im assuming its gonna be dead content the way its going. Yes It was op as hell and needed changes, but i feel like its going the wrong way.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    Superg0ten97, Javier, lxlx and 4 others like this.
  7. Valzer

Valzer Donator

IGN:
    Valzer
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
    Well RG now is not a good content for anything
    1.Money - bees (capped at 20) and totems are nerfed
    2.Experience was nerfed in last patch by 50%
    3.Equips - earrings and rings barely drop as it is

if you want to make this content viable you need to buff one of those an adjust the others - make it either making money or untradeable items/tokens and experience

Oziz, VitaLemonade, CodGhost and 3 others like this.
  8. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I would like the drop rate of the bees be increased to 10% (current 5%) if the cap is 21 bees atm thank you.

In order for an end game BM to reach 21 bees, I have to apple once, 5 stoppers and gizer the last 15-20minutes in a 30 min bonus run to get 21 bees. (With close to perfect rotation since I have been doing map 1 since RG release and have not skipped a day I am pretty good with it)

It just does not seem worth it to earn 85m for 30mins of my time. (Probably even lower mesos for low geared players)

Did the GMs/Game Balancers try the new update out on all classes or just their shadowers/warriors? I am not saying this in a provocative manner just curious because it seems very bad atm for me for the past 2 days I tried RG.

I dont even get ifia earrings/ring in 1/10 of my runs so whats the point of travelling to LHC, having to kill 500-600 mobs in 30mins when I can just apq/merch for 100-200m in the same amount of time.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
    VitaLemonade and HikariNoPuri like this.
  9. JoyfulPrince

JoyfulPrince Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ieatfood
    Level:
    19x
    1st day after event, rg felt pretty bad. Might take a break from rg since the nerf kinda ruined it for me. Totems should not have been changed and if bees were to be nerfed, it should have been much less I think.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    MoldySoup and Gunit like this.
  10. Gunit

Gunit Donator

Country Flag:
    This.

11. JoyfulPrince

JoyfulPrince Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ieatfood
    Level:
    19x
    I don't understand the totem nerf. Doing just the boss is 300m/hour if you clear in 10 min? You'd need 6x 170+ just to do 1 hour of this. And somehow this needed a huge nerf because of all the people with dozens of 170+ mules farming RG boss for hours...

12. HikariNoPuri

HikariNoPuri Donator

Level:
    Not just 170+ but 200s with a perfect weapon and good CGS on apple. The difference between 170 and 200 is huge. I have friends that have tried going in at 170 with 60+ CGS, perfect weapons, good untradeables, and they take a good 13-14 mins.

"After reviewing your feedback, we have decided to implement a few balancing changes for the Rose Garden that will help moderate the influx of mesos that have been generated from the new content, while still keeping it rewarding for our community."

I find the balance changes to be really weird. Totems which produce goods endgame players want (CS, WS, taru totem, bwg, scrolls for untradeables) get hard nerfed while the meso generating bees stay mostly the same? Sure the new 20 bee limit is a bit of a nerf considering you have to redo stage 1-3 on a new character instead of just staying for like 30 bees in 30 minutes (this is with normal rates). You get slightly less than the old meso rate, but half the items. Doesn't this just make the inflation issue worse not better? This isn't even accounting for the people who only did RG for the boss stage because they play single target ranged classes or just wanted the ring. Maybe lower the bee meso to 4 mil and have the bee drop a totem on death? That is a bit of a slight nerf to bees since totems are worth a bit under 1mil each but what I am getting to is that I think the changes made don't make much sense in the context of fixing future potential meso inflation unless the objective is just nerf the overall meso value until people don't want to do RG anymore.

I'm not opposed to the 20 bee limit change, probably should have done this from the start rather than the 40 minute total time limit which stacked the odds against weaker players due to slower stage 1-3 clear = less bonus time, but also lower clear time = less bees for the same time spent in bonus. Though I do want to add that, the old veteran players also tend to have more high level accounts as well to get around the new bee limit, but managing that issue is way more complex.
    edit: also the burning energy drop from the boss is too low. 5-10 energy is a bit underwhelming, maybe bump it up to 30+?

Green Mind likes this.
  13. Kheb

Kheb Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    If the meso inflation from bees are what people are most concerned by.

Imo.
    Either get rid of them completely or change bonus mobs to drop totems instead.

Gaining pure meso is very boring while fuelling the gacha addiction at LHC is very exciting.
    This could also restore the reward potential from this content slightly back to the good ol' days.

I'd also be very happy to see more ring drops.

VitaLemonade and pogdog like this.
  14. VitaLemonade

VitaLemonade Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    When you're farming bees, do you use Hurricane or a mix of other attacks? I spammed Hurricane on my 200 BM and I only got 13 bees after the RG nerfs (didn't try attacking before nerfs).

Haven't tested the nerfs as much as I want due to the fact that RG feels like absolute crap now. I just gizer and watch something in the background because I can't find the motivation since there's a hard cap so my cycles have been complete ass.

JoyfulPrince and Shnang like this.
  15. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    When I’m moving across the map to more spawns I hurricane, what people call stutter step

when it’s 1-2 mobs i hurricane
    When it’s 3 or more mobs i inferno 3x and move to other mobs because 3 infernos will kill them, including the burn dmg over time.

I only rebuff mw/se when I’m dropping down from top platform to bottom platform to save delay time.

soul arrow and bow booster I only rebuff when I’m jumping over ice shards for efficiency purposes.

I never go top left platform until it has 5-6 spawns because it’s such a far climb up even if I jump from middle platform.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
    Javier likes this.
  16. VitaLemonade

VitaLemonade Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    GG I have 1 point in Inferno and 17 SP left.

Shnang likes this.
  17. NANI1

NANI1 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    NANI1
    Level:
    Guild:
    Playboys
    just make rg great again

18. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    You really gonna make a single client bm who is 3000 totems dry of a green line get 11 totems and 1k nx from the rose garden golem huh

f

GunzGaming likes this.
  19. MRmarco

MRmarco Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MRmarco
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oranje
    Is it maybe an idea for rg boss to drop rose garden tokens? If you have 10 tokens, you can turn them in to npc at the front of rose garden for an guaranteed ring. But the ring can also be dropped from rg boss. But if it didnt drop for 10runs, you have at least 10 tokens for a random stats ring of an npc.

chenming, s934, MengQian and 4 others like this.
  20. Chuyaasenpai33

Chuyaasenpai33 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tanizaki
    Level:
    Guild:
    Purge
    This new rose garden nerfs are tragic. Again new content getting so many nerfs that it will become 2nd elinn forest. Bee cap is actually good idea, but usually 10 totem per run is kinda sad.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    SummonShade and CodGhost like this.