Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shiratsuyu, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Moeyuki

Moeyuki Donator

IGN:
    Moeyuki
    I am sad all happened on you, hope you can take meso back:-/, but there is still some problem about this scam

1. Maybe just some one create similar ign with him, like as Elleir(eiieir) to copy as Elleir(ELLEIR) because I almost got scammed before by this ppl Elleir(eiieir)to sell spot too, we can not sure that is Wumay or not, and this guy did not say anything about him or claim to have any relationshop with Wumay, so after we are sure who is he, then we can deal with him
    2. Double check, Double check, and more Double check before you buying items or any items which you just listing into the shop, sometimes I bought 9slot maple shield 2m, or 8m 78KC, I see there was a 56wa 12luk 6slot Red Craven sold as 500m before, before you bought, you have time to check the price is correct or not, now before I buy any items, I will carefully count how much slot left
    3. This shop did not say perfect Dragon Kanzir, if this shop name say perfect Dragon Kanzir, I think that would be real scam, but the shop name only "2-5", maybe this ppl price his Kanzir as this price, or some ppl also will do put some perfect item then stuck with full meso, so you can not buy, just want to attract ppl if someone use owl and see this, then come to see there is any good items in his shop or not, we do not know

4. Be careful if you keep harassing Wumay, if they are not same person, or you may got banned by abuse, I am not lying

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
  2. luuluu

luuluu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Luuluu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Buttplug
    [​IMG]

Nerite, Geto, Knoxz and 7 others like this.
  3. Pikestorm

Pikestorm Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Pikestorm
    Level:
    Guild:
    Storm
    I feel sorry about the situation and I know it sucks, but I don't think the seller is at fault or should be blacklisted.

You should have assessed the item previously, you even had two indicators (the +7 and the 0 slots).

Sucks, but, not black list worthy and shouldn't hold it against him.

Knoxz, JimTW, TopKEK and 3 others like this.
  4. bloodsicle

bloodsicle Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, he never said it was clean nor even implied it. If it was, hed set it up so you cant buy. When people put items for max mesos its 99% to either get an offer or show off. How would you like the opposite scenario of him trying to blacklist you over buying an item for far less than its worth? As others said, he never said it was clean. He didnt hide it between other perfect items. You saw it was 110 and assumed its clean and that you have to buy it.

Mads, JimTW, Moeyuki and 3 others like this.
  5. pseudoku

pseudoku Donator

Update: It turns out Megan dc'ed because the power to the city died and couldn't come back. I think we can disregard this blacklisting now.

Attached Files:

6. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    It's best to edit the main post by either
    - striking out the post
    - spoiler the main post with a note

As your reply to the issue is on the next page, some may missed the reply (update)

pseudoku likes this.
  7. Stephen

Stephen GM

Country Flag:
    I want to set the record straight for an IGN that was put on this Blacklist, Wumay, from the post here:

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/community-blacklist.166479/page-134#post-1334685

There is another IGN very similar to Wumay, which is VVumay. VVumay was the IGN that sold that Dragon Kanzir in their store, NOT Wumay. These IGNs do not belong to the same person.

@Muttaqi Mohammed, I just wanted to let you know that you accused the wrong person. I think it would be best to apologize to @495ysRipple for your case of mistaken identity.

DeJia, Kenny, Gert and 12 others like this.
  8. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    We would also like to clarify that this would be 1 of the rare exceptions where Staff post a public clarification due to the damage done to both Wumay and SummonShade caused by the impersonator's action

I would strongly recommend the impersonator cease such impersonations (or any attempts to sabotage other players), please note that the Staff reserves the right to take necessary actions against impersonators (especially one with malicious intents)

Should you notice any cases of malicious impersonation, we would strongly recommend you submit a report with the relevant context (supporting screenshots) so that the Staff can discuss and take necessary actions

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    CreamGoddess, Bacon, Gert and 6 others like this.
  9. SummonShade

SummonShade Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SummonShade
    Level:
    I am sorry to @495ysRipple I made a big mistake. The impersonator had almost exactly the same name and seeing the name pop up in the smegas just a few days later I thought it was the same person. As a result of knowing this I removed the innocent person's name and screenshots regarding the conversation from the main post and have only included the actual store interaction with the impersonator that is still unable to be found. Again I am sorry to @495ysRipple.

MerIot, Ghostie, Saledor and 13 others like this.
  10. SunMoon

SunMoon Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    IGN: MM0RPG
    REASON: Store scammer, harasser
    DETAILS:
    Sorry for early server drama :'(. I have been getting harassed recently, presumably cause of my discounted leeching
    This guy buys ALL my items, sets up a store on server reset and names it bakery ( bakery is what I usually titled my store ). Then sets up a perfect dsb scam in his store, seems like a very elaborate and obvious scheme to frame me
    store scammer.png store scammer3.png

IGN: MyCrazyHeal
    REASON: Harasser
    DETAILS: Guy keeps following me to disrupt goby session. He initially followed me to attempt to steal my items while I changed goby gear and then very blatantly come to the maps to disrupt my customer's goby sessions. I didn't report or post to blacklist initially since we eventually got through with the leech and this guy looks like he is currently ban but if there is a group targeting me I am posting them up. I am no pushover :pepez:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
    SummonShade, Damien., cn_joy and 4 others like this.
  11. pragmasaurus

pragmasaurus Donator

Country Flag:
    Another 100% scrolled "perfect weapon". I know you have to be careless to fall for this, but if bundle scams are blacklistable I think this should be too. The intent behind it is exactly the same ("who knows, maybe someone will fall for it lol"), and the payoff is way bigger.

Nerite, Enticing, Becca and 3 others like this.
  12. DickDann

DickDann Well-Known Member

IGN:
    DLCKDANN
    Guild:
    KERNING
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/thi...ked-from-connection-help.217251/#post-1293551
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/ban-appeal.221703/#post-1335632
    might as well give him another 14 days of vacation for Objectionable behavior, Kill-stealing, Map Looting.

Knoxz, skete, kachau and 1 other person like this.
  13. SunMoon

SunMoon Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
  14. tototoco

tototoco Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    levels
    IGN: CHVN51O
    REASON: Impersonating and scamming
    DETAILS: i sell skele 2hr split leech for 2 ppl (name list in image)as my 186bishop(a little high lv nvm^_^'), but some1 was dc in 2nd hr(wisma),so i try smega to find his main character cuz maybe hes online but didn't notice mule dc . then, CHVN51O pm me and said he is wisma(dc buyer) ,want me do that refund leech pay cuz he gtg 。but i reject pay for it cuz CHVN51O cant prove wisma is his mule,so he was crying i m trying to make him out a liar and left.after maybe 1hr, wisma was online and take back his leech pay.

He wasn't cheated me out of meso tho , but i report it beacuse maybe some1 will be scam again.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    Tail, Shnang, HikariNoPuri and 8 others like this.
  15. felixfelicis

felixfelicis Member

'twas a social experiment to see whether this type of scam would be feasible in reality, a theoretical endeavour. I would have refunded 90% of the mesos. I humbly apologize to all parties involved and this behaviour will not be repeated in the future.

forgive me for my trespasses mapleroyals community ^_^'

16. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Leisure/Moeed, please don't come back to Royals and bother us with your "social experiments"

Nerite, NetrexOne, Ruruchi and 13 others like this.
  17. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    Updated the list.
    A bit split on the +7 perfect weapon thing tbh. Would like more opinions if that should be blacklistable or not.

I didn't add CHVN51O since it turned out to be Leisure/Moeed and they got banned straight away.
    Even though it doesn't matter, I'm still wondering why he was going to return 90% of the mesos if it was just a social experiment. Imagine this irl, you steal 100 dollars, say "just a prank bro" and then return 90 dollars. That's still theft ~f3

This is my reaction to your social experiment:

Memester, Mads, eVolve and 14 others like this.
  18. FeiLongHuang

FeiLongHuang Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    I'm on the camp of this type of case not blacklist worthy.
    For transactions through stores, the information is all readily available for buyers to review.

Both buyers and sellers have to do their due diligence to make sure their transaction value is correct.
    Mistakes made while being in a rush/greed just isn't right to push the whole blame to another party.
    What if sellers made a mistake missing a digit in price listing and proceed to scream blacklist the buyer for not buying it at market price? This just won't fly. I'm of the opinion buyers have to be hold accountable for this similar mistakes on the other end of the spectrum.

The exception would be, if there is a recorded chat history the buyer being introduced/advertised the specific store is selling item A but in actual it is item B. Now this is worthy of listing both the seller and advertiser in the store scam blacklist.

JimTW, nostonk, Immer and 8 others like this.
  19. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    I agree with your opinion in principle. In actual execution, i do not.

Far more often then not, these people who "missprice" items, do it soley because players will not check and they know its an easy way to get free money. Most players are either lazy or naive or both. And these sellers willingly pray on that. Im extremely pessimistic in regards to situations like this, because overwhelmingly, whenever ive seen someone attempt to reach out to whoever sold the item, the seller ignores or feigns ignorance they even sold an item which is what the dagger guy did.

To me this thread is simply making a list of people who are found to be doing scummy, yet not normally ban worthy things ingame. Misspricing items like 0 slot 5 atk scgs for market value or scrolling an item that should be gray quality to appear to be a blue quality dagger for max meso qualifies as black listable to me.

CodGhost, DeJia and Myoni like this.
  20. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    That's not what he did. The person who bought the dagger contacted the wrong person. He bought it from VVumay and contacted Wumay, who of course had no idea what happened as he's a different person.

Enticing and Meconium like this.