Forum Halloween Costume Contest 2023

Discussion in 'Events' started by Dave Deviluke, Oct 26, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    [​IMG]
    Wishing you a sweet and eerie Halloween.

[​IMG]
    It's time for Halloween~
    Show us your creative Halloween-themed costumes!

[​IMG] Rules [​IMG]
    • All entries must be submitted by November 22nd, 2023 at 11:59 PM server time (UTC).
    • Each player is allowed to submit or participate in only one entry, and they must choose one of the three available categories for their submission.
    • Each entry may include up to six players. Each player will receive the full prize if selected.
    • Players may not reserve spots in the thread to submit an entry at a later time.
    • Screenshots must be unedited, uncropped, and take place on an in-game map.
    • All entries must abide by Game Terms & Conditions as well as the Forum Rules & Regulations.
    • The usage of AI-generated text, such as ChatGPT, is not allowed for the description of the submission.
    • One entry will be chosen at random to win the Random Generator category. Players do not submit to this category.
    Note: The window for claiming the event prize extends for three months from the announcement of the winner.

[​IMG]
    Please be sure to follow this checklist to ensure the highest quality of your submission:
    Make sure your resolution is on max.
    2. Make sure you’re in windowed mode.
    3. Minimize your map, your skill bar, and your chat log.
    4. Disable all skill and item buffs.
    5. Move your cursor off the screen.
    6. Make sure your screenshot follows all the rules so it’s not disqualified.

Transparency about how winners are determined:
    We usually select winners by individually assigning points to our favorite submission(s) per each category. The scoring system varies from event to event.

Staff members generally value creativity and thoughtfulness. We tend to see a lot of recycled concepts, so submissions that truly exhibit out-of-the-box thinking would help to grab our attention. For most events, however, there is no guidance on how Staff members vote for their favorite submissions. In addition, while we do personally love naughty jokes, such submissions unfortunately rarely win. As Staff members, we do feel a bit hesitant about encouraging or endorsing such content (NSFW) through an official platform. As MapleRoyals is a PG-13 server, we appreciate your understanding of the above!

Prizes
    FA-BOO-LOUS - Cute Fox Doll [​IMG]
    SPOOK-TACULAR - Cute Kitty Doll [​IMG]
    HALL-UWU-EEN - Cute Rabbit Doll [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Submission Format [​IMG]
    To participate you must post a reply to this thread following this format:
    IGN(s): [Please provide one IGN per each unique player!]
    Category: FA-BOO-LOUS / SPOOK-TACULAR / HALL-UWU-EEN
    Description: [Optional, but strongly recommended to include!]

[​IMG] Submission Sample [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feedback for Forum Events

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
    Gert, ghostly, MissClara and 8 others like this.
  2. redxi

redxi Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    redxi
    Level:
    MapleRoyals 26-10-2023 12-37-54.png IGN(s): Byuuchi
    Category: SPOOK-TACULAR
    Description:When her master's career as a puppeteer is falling apart, he only had one choice to revive his career.
    ...and that is to use his maid as the new puppet for his upcoming grand final show.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    NasiLemak, Adiii, p3650646 and 5 others like this.
  3. KozukiOden

KozukiOden Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PervertSanji
    Level:
    Guild:
    Versatile
    IGN(s): PervertSanji
    Category: FA-BOO-LOUS
    Description: Chivalry isn't dead... at least not with me around.... NAMI SWANNNNN ❤️ ~

Halloween_entry.png

NasiLemak, Graciela, Adiii and 7 others like this.
  4. Gifflar

Gifflar Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gifflar
    Guild:
    Olympia
    IGN(s): Bucclar
    Description: In the depths of the haunted Phantom Forest, a dark silhouette arose, shrouded in shadows and accompanied by the ominous fluttering of bats. Dracula had found a new haunt, terrorizing players, his thirst for blood matched only by his hunger for lost souls in Masteria's labyrinthine world.

[​IMG]

Graciela, Adiii and Dave Deviluke like this.
  5. Geto

Geto Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Naobito
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    Northern
    IGN(s): GosuKanojo

Description: Our ninja-assassin is called Jhomen Tethi.
    Long ago, she used to be in a ninja clan called "Kage no chitsujo", with fellow top students - Shen and Govos.
    Everybody was in peace at the time, until that cursed day. that cursed day her whole clan was wiped out by an unknown foe.
    Jhomen, the sole survivor of the clan, at least that what she thought, decided that It's best to stay in the shadows for now, and learn from what happened, so she could make sure she would never fall to something like this ever again. she couldn't bear the pain of losing your close family, close friends, students of the clan.. she was heartbroken, but decided It's best to improve herself, instead of mourn about all this agony.
    Jhomen spent years and years in the depths of hell, in the darkest of shadows, waiting in patience, lurking around to catch any poor soul in her bare heads, and one by one - she took many lives. even more than the Kage no chitsujo clan.
    10 years later, she encountered a portal that leads to a different world. she was hesitant, but decided to go through, seek new knowledge, seek new powers, seek new.. victims.
    Jhomen cleaned her kana and kunai from its bloody figures, and took them with her, incase some beheading needed to happen, and went on a whole different journey than whatever she went through before.
    Today? Jhomen Tethi has acquired the alias of GosuKanojo, and has been working as a ninja-assassin ever since the portal encounter.
    At first, she kept getting these dreams of Shen and Govos laying down, bloody, barely looking at her, just screaming in terror.. Jhomen has no choice but to stand there, shocked and terrified, but deep inside her heart she knows she has to act.. Jhomen looks at them one more time, whispering she's sorry with tears in her throat, and with that - she vanishes and never comes back. She doesn't know what's going on with either of them, but she knows that death is inevitable.
    There's is nothing more dangerous than a person with nothing to lose.. Everybody should fear the assassin with no master.

[​IMG]

6. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Amended wording for the following

Each participant is allowed to submit one entry, and they must choose one of the three available categories for their submission.
    to
    Each player is allowed to submit or participate in only one entry, and they must choose one of the three available categories for their submission.

Also added previews of the NX weapon
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Adiii and Geto like this.
  7. biackcurrent

biackcurrent Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IGasaiYunoI
    Level:
    IGN(s): IGasaiYunoI
    Category: HALL-UWU-EEN
    Description: I couldn't remember when or how I became a vampire. I have no friends because they always leave me due to their short lifespan. The only thing that keeps me from the solitude of loneliness is probably the little cute spirit that resides in my hat.

QQ截图20231027204135.png

Adiii, yongning, andywtf and 7 others like this.
  8. Harri444

Harri444 Member

Country Flag:
    Is that Freddy Fazbear?
    ♫ ou-ou-ou-ou-ou, ou-ou-ou-ou-ou ♫

IGN(s): SJSU, Raves.
    Category: FA-BOO-LOUS! Spoopy.png

Adiii, BGPHiJACK, ASOBOU and 5 others like this.
  9. Chan Kao Kui

Chan Kao Kui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Inariko
    IGN(s): Inariko
    Description: Halloween is a festival which takes place on 31st October and we all know that it’s a very popular festival in Western countries. And, it’s been gaining its popularity in Asian countries like Vietnam - my country, young people will gather together, dress up and have fun. photo_2023-10-27_18-25-22.jpg

Adiii, AtashiWaDal and Dave Deviluke like this.
  10. Galipa

Galipa Active Member

IGN:
    Muiji
    Guild:
    Akatsuki
    IGN(s): Muiji, Kesh ~f15
    Category:SPOOK-TACULAR
    Description: The Maple plants VS Zombies defenders!
    These days, the Maple world is full of zombies trying to destroy our nation, the Plants are our last hope!

3d9ZLeD.jpg

Kesh, Tail, mychildhood and 27 others like this.
  11. RockLee

RockLee Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IRockLee
    IGN(s): xSasori, lKonan, lHidan
    Description: Do you want to be part of something magnificent? I can make you a piece of art that lasts a lifetime, I can turn you into a .............puppet!
    upload_2023-10-27_16-33-16.png

Adiii, MaiAh, huipotato and 2 others like this.
  12. yeyicheng

yeyicheng Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN(s): LV200Thief
    Category:HALL-UWU-EEN
    Description:
    <To Catch a Thief>

Isn't this the wanted female thief who stole scriptures?

"HELP ! Catch her ! "

"I'm just a tourist, I'm not a thief ! "

But it's quite similar, isn't it ?

Who the hell is the female thief ?

MapleRoyals 28-10-2023 23-45-12.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    Adiii, AtashiWaDal, Vinilos and 2 others like this.
  13. Dave Deviluke

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    The one entry referring to 1 image, you would have to pick 1 of the image as your entry before the event ends else the submission would be considered as invalid

14. Pebii

Pebii Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Pebii
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ours
    IGN(s): Pebii
    Description: Life's more colorful with a sprinkle of kawaii and a dash of UwU, especially in these spooky times ^~^ <3
    submission 1.png

Adiii, MaiAh, ShakedBaws and 2 others like this.
  15. MissClara

MissClara Member

IGN(s): iJercy
    Description: With her kingdom on the verge of collapse from enemy invasion, The royal Ice Fairy trusts an old fable of a Holy Stone said to grant immense power. Although her family disapproves of her recklessness, she can feel it in her heart that this is the only way to enact the salvation of her people. On her last life she stumbles across the stone. It calls to her in a dull ringing. Will the stone live up to legend, or fall with her kingdom..

MapleRoyals 28-10-2023 23-16-09.png

EDIT (NOV13): added a bonus backstory for fun and additional depth (below).

When the contest was announced I was periodically thinking about what to do. When I saw the wings in my inventory I knew I was going to use them. I love the wings because, I think they are eye-catching without going over the top.

As I was going through the possible outfits to go with the wings, the "fairy girl" costume kind of built itself. I won't go into too much detail about the selection although, I will say that deciding the final pieces I wanted in, took a while. It gave me more time to think about the character herself.

So in the meantime, I ended up creating the backstory. I thought it would make it better to bring the character alive. I liked the idea of a passionate leader, who has a big heart but is kind of irresponsible in a way (where she takes unecessary risks for good).

The charcter backstory all came together as I was searching for great maps for the screenshot. While in Elnath looking for cold places, I thankfully came across this great and familiar location to build the character's story around.

Lastly I decided on the category while posting it. Ignoring my personal preference for the weapon. I ended up thinking Hall-UWU-ween was the best choice because she's a "UWU" cute fairy princess, not only in looks but also in her personality and how she expresses herself through her actions.

Thanks for reading! I hope this gave you more insight into the character and my process for making a submission to this contest :tobenawoo:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    Adiii, MaiAh, Vroomba and 1 other person like this.
  16. Vinilos

Vinilos Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Vinilos
    Level:
    17x
    IGN(s): Vinilos
    Description: ~Space log: As I explored this strange planet my ship was shot down by unknown beings, I managed to survive and then tried to get away from the place where I crashed hoping no one could find me, however they did, small spaceships appeared and small beings held me captive...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  17. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    IGN(s): Sylafia
    Description: When an adventurer's faced a 3 headed dragon, an angel of destruction, and a king corrupted by the Black Mage himself, what can truly scare them anymore? Answer: hitting them where it hurts - the wallet! This concept started out as a memorial to WS/CS prices, which dropped by nearly 200m around when Von Leon was released, and went from there. And I've never seen anything more terrifying than that market in freefall...

Since WS and CS are undroppable (and very risky to drop even if it was possible), I decided to use CSS 1%s to represent WS and Witch Scrolls to represent CS, since they're close. And who knows what those event scrolls are, maybe wand or glove?

Capture.PNG

Special thanks to @ImVeryJelly for loaning me the pimp stick and giving me feedback on the earlier pictures, and to JulesFL for loaning the chair!

leishun, NasiLemak, Graciela and 7 others like this.
  18. jeanfairy

jeanfairy Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    jeanfairy
    IGN(s): jeanfairy

Description: Just your average goth girl, she's giving Babydoll from Suckerpunch, she's giving EVERYTHING

HALLOWEEN contest.PNG

Dave Deviluke likes this.
  19. ghostly

ghostly Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GhostBiShop
    Level:
    Guild:
    Sugar
    IGN(s): GhostBucc
    Description: The Chinese ghost is ~~ Back~~ To ~~ Possess the ~~ Laughter ~~ Love~~ and YOU <3 <3
    halloween costume 2023.png

Adiii, CCcooper and Dave Deviluke like this.
  20. chenming

chenming Donator

IGN:
    LeeMing
    Level:
    XXX
    Guild:
    Create
    IGN(s): Nevvv,LeeMing
    Description:Got tired while having fun in Halloween?? Come and join me for finale BBQ!
    Halloween event.png

Adiii, Daisies, Shnang and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.