New RG Rewards!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tail, May 31, 2024.

1. Gunit

Gunit Donator

Country Flag:
    RIP.

2. Daveman91

Daveman91 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    It's not gone. You just gamble everything for gach now. Who knows, maybe you can even get a better outcome :) good luck!

Sylafia likes this.
  3. GooGliii

GooGliii Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GooGliii
    Level:
    I will have 280 gatcha and I have to make at least 12 WS or BWG which is not happening.. my luck is trash in gacha generally.. so ye they’re gone, disappointed that we didn’t get a chance before the update was announced

Javier, HeroNaf and GleamKnight like this.
  4. VivvyRosa

VivvyRosa Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ViccyRosa
    Imagin you failed 14 Chaos Scrolls and all be better <3

lightbolt likes this.
  5. chahee

chahee Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    chahee
    Level:
    Guild:
    melodyday
    I always sold my powders and bought a bcoin whenever I had a full stack of 200. I figured something like this update would happen sooner or later. It was nice being able to temporarily store mesos in increments of 5m for smaller purchases, but keeping 7b in unsold powders is kinda overkill.

It is annoying that we have to gamble now, it'd feel a lot better if we could just turn in like 100~120 bees for a ws/cs. 280 totem pulls is far from worthless though, you'll be fine.

6. Euphorium

Euphorium Donator

They should have implement new ETC for this update, instead of straight away make it unsellable, rip to my stacks of shiny powder as well

Pandora, noobgamer97 and GleamKnight like this.
  7. EmersonHopscotch

EmersonHopscotch Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest having the powders be exchangable for an item with a consistent exchange value (something akin to Onyx apples) as an alternative to the Totem exchange. That way there is still a way to make consistent profit without overinflating the economy into oblivion. Not everyone enjoys relying on chance in order to make a living.

It's also disappointing that one of the few pieces of content that Dark Knights can actually excel at late game has been nerfed into near-irrelevancy. What's left? CWK?

Geto, Ari♥, LDMBandit and 2 others like this.
  8. Virgo

Virgo Well-Known Member

i have 16b worth of powder in my inv. i guess its time to quit ~f8

Javier likes this.
  9. ImVeryJelly

ImVeryJelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImVeryJelly
    Level:
    Guild:
    LiquorStore
    tbh, I had mules hold on to powder because it’s an very easy way to prove where the mesos came from when making purchases (make vid of selling powder then B coin to buy in 1 video)

10. ImVeryJelly

ImVeryJelly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImVeryJelly
    Level:
    Guild:
    LiquorStore
    Say that after you get trash rng from totems XD

Virgo likes this.
  11. Fish and Chips

Fish and Chips Donator

Country Flag:
    Hopefully ppl get more active on bossing. And R.I.P golden apple. :gapple: II II II II II II :pepehug:

12. GooGliii

GooGliii Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GooGliii
    Level:
    I ended up having 4 taru and 3 WS and some random scrolls for 7b worth of shiny powder :) Love this game <3

13. wigglesb

wigglesb Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SEmessy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    A very bad update. Dont see any difference between an attacker able to get 20 bees and a leecher. not to mantion it's 1 per char and leech is unlimited. RIP RG it was a very fun content, now everything is RNG based for attackers...

GleamKnight, HeroNaf, Doooof and 2 others like this.
  14. Layk

Layk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Layk
    The change is awesome. 90% of this server has a a lvl 170+ attacker , meaning having access to making pure 100m mesos in 40 mins. The worst thing about it is that these mesos dont go to any NPC (other than crafting), so these mesos naturally go to other players via trades, flooding the market with mesos, more and more mesos been generated by a npc straight into the market will just inflate the market like we've witnessed. Good riddance

Cynn, Daveman91, Tail and 11 others like this.
  15. EmersonHopscotch

EmersonHopscotch Well-Known Member

I was able to run RG a total of 4 times on my Drk before the nerf. The first time I ran, using a combination of Apple + heartstoppers, I was able to get 10 bees. The second time, 11 bees. In addition, I was using about 1k melting cheeses per run, which is another 4.5m in expenses. Clearly it is not a trivial endeavor to grind a character to lvl 170 (which I did the old-fashioned way until about lvl 16x) and finish 20 bees unless you are an already well-established/funded player. The scenario you are speaking of, in which players who run RG consecutively with multiple funded high level funded characters requires a level of investment that likely far exceeds that of making a single bishop capable of selling 1-hit skele leech. Also, keep in mind that many players already have HS mules that they could easily convert into leech sellers without too much investment. Indeed, I started an HS mule just a few weeks ago when my Drk was around lvl 15x. I easily managed to level it up to 140+ without needing to buy leech or too much grinding, simply by afking on a rope and casting HS occasionally while grinding with my Drk.

I even used my HS mule to sell low-level leech once, for two hours. I actually found it fairly relaxing relative to running Rose Garden and even somewhat engaging, given that you're always attempting to maximize the exp gained by the buyer by being as efficient as possible with your spell timings. Telecasting does require a level of sustained focus and concentration on part of the seller, but so does running RG. The 40 minute time limit of RG requires players to quite literally rush to kill the mobs/boss as quickly as possible in order to maximize bee capture, and unless you have a high level funded character good at mobbing AND single-target damage, it is not necessarily a walk in the park to do so. To this day I have been unable to capture the full 20 bees on a lvl 17x Drk despite using an apple+multiple stoppers each run. I can assume that it’s much more difficult for ranged classes, as expressed in this post here where a high-level NL was unable to consistently capture 20 bees despite double/triple appling and being very well-geared (this occuring even before the drop rate revert).

As for bossing, the vast majority of bosses in this game are also fairly easy to run, and consist mostly of standing still and spamming an attacking skill over and over again, while occasionally re-casting buffs (this is content that I personally find far more mind-numbing than selling leech). The few late game bosses that are truly challenging to run should indeed offer rewards that correlate with the level of investment that goes into them. However, not every class excels at these bosses however, and many, such as mine, are not ideal for them.

In my opinion, running Rose Garden should net rewards exceeding that of selling low level leech, but lower than that of 1-hit skele/petri leech. Making a bishop to sell low-level leech is almost trivially easy, and basically anyone can do it with hardly any funding. The current exchange rate of 100 totems for 20 bees strikes me as being too low, and should perhaps be raised to 150-200. Or at least raise the bee cap above 20, now that you can no longer print mesos out of thin air. Otherwise, I do not see much incentive in continuing to level and fund my Dark Knight, with such sparse late game content being suited for it. If anything, excessively nerfing RG would incentivize more players to start mage farming, thus offsetting the adjustment’s intended effect of combating meso inflation.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
    Realizze likes this.
  16. Aprils

Aprils Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Aprils
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    i gached 875,000 nx 2 days ago, got 1 white scroll, you're pretty lucky

Realizze, Abdus, lightbolt and 2 others like this.
  17. nomade

nomade Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    A
    Started recording my totem results for the comparison between before & after the update

06/18 now 136 tickets roughly equivalent to 34 full runs
    3400m vs 930m
    or
    3400m vs 1930m if include godly rolled equips

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
    GleamKnight, s934, Jack :3 and 5 others like this.
  18. NBAEva

NBAEva Active Member

IGN:
    NBAEva
    Level:
    Guild:
    stick
    Does Anyone know if the excess mp gained from the perm mp pots can be ap reset into hp?

19. Tail

Tail Donator

Guild:
    Rogue
    yes you can