In Discussion Content Rose Garden Nerf/Adjustments

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Raimie, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Javier

Javier Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Javier
    Level:
    Guild:
    Northern
    I'm now getting 5 to 9 bees full 40 minutes in, and despite it's still "good garanteed mesos" and about 4% experience at lv. 192, I don't find it too rewarding or fun, to be honest I don't want to do this content anymore. :pepez:

Plandemic, Fatlip, Cooler and 2 others like this.
  2. veen11

veen11 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mandikana
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms/Newp
    buff bees drop rate / nerf 4m each
    buff exp

fyx0124 likes this.
  3. Puff2153

Puff2153 Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Trinity
    maybe just buff the drop rate for the 1st/2nd stages etc? keep the bees drop rate as is

xDarkomantis and Javier like this.
  4. Daveman91

Daveman91 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I have yet to catch 20 bees on my ranged class. Making 60-100m in 40 minutes at level 170+ isn't too broken in my opinion as long as it's once every 24h. People stopped bossing and just run RG on multiple characters. That's unhealthy for the game and the community.

If there is a way to limit RG entry to 1 per day similar to voting, without putting more work on the Staff to monitor the abuse, my vote goes to that.

Javier likes this.
  5. frozenrain

frozenrain Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    snowy803
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    I'm not sure why there's anything wrong with Rose Garden being dead content.

It's extremely boring solo content. Two huge negatives there already.

I haven't kept up too much in this thread but I skimmed a few pages and I very much agree: RG was a strict negative to this community in every possible way. Economy. Party activity. Personal satisfaction.

Very off topic, but I saw some people complain about ranged character viability in RG and it strikes me that the obvious solution to satisfy every complaint that currently exists about RG is to make major alterations to it and turn it into a PQ.

TunaBelly likes this.
  6. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    This is a slippery slope.

You make around 10apples per 4 apqs (40-50mins), thats 85m~

People will start pointing fingers everywhere whats too op and should be limited once a day. Like how the conversation would go if someone suggested APQ should be limited to 4pqs a day per person.

Rose Garden was never really meant for single target classes. Not sure what gear/att pot you’re using, but in my opinion, people easily clearing with 6-10mins left on gizer on ranged wasn’t really supposed to be normal.

It was a result of the bugged 8month~ drop rate increase. There was no RG nerf. Staff just fixed what they should’ve months ago. Personally people are still RGing almost as much as before it seems judging by how often people smega LF>CH

RG should still be balanced in my opinion. Balanced doesn’t mean nerfed outright. One of the big points many of us brought up was a desire to see a better balanced/wider variety bee trading option.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
  7. Green Mind

Green Mind Donator

The issue will always be it rewarding pure mesos in large amounts (compared to LHC gacha trolling with 5m once in a while), so making it 4m/bee or 10 bees only are just bandaid solutions.

The ideal solution should move completely from pure meso generation which is admittedly jarring and will definitely cause a shitstorm on the forum, but I see no other option in our current "last week's a/w is this week's s/b" economy. :X

Daveman91, GunzGaming and Javier like this.
  8. Wonderstruck

Wonderstruck Donator

I left this game for quite some time while RG was implemented. Didn't realise so much discussion has been ongoing.

I understand Rose Garden was implemented to target one of my feedback, and possibly a number of others as well.
    This was what I wrote back then:
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/level-160-grinding-spots.211755/

I felt that my intentions were twisted, and I did request for the feedback to be left open.
    If you were wondering where RG came about.

Agreed, in fact it should be implemented such that players can run RG together as a community with no commitments of time limit and daily limits.

When I wrote the suggestion, I did consider requesting maps for single target, long and short maps.

On this note, @Zancks, you mentioned in my previous thread that RG was to cover some of the points in my feedback. Could you elaborate how RG covers those pointers?

I was tempted to resubmit the same feedback again, but at that time I didn't really play much so it wouldn't matter.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that RG is a great implementation, from the quests to the storyline and the boss fight etc. And because I appreciate staff taking players feedback seriously and spending months to implement a new area, of course I was hesitant to pursue about it. Ultimately, I guess it was not needed because it encourages purely solo content.

Javier likes this.
  9. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    I like the changes.
    • This change greatly helps post 200 vl belt scrollers
    • the hp/mp is interesting. Will have to wait and see how this affects washing economy. With this you can get a lot of free daily HP
    • Interesting to see how bwg/totem/cs/ws prices will look in 1 month
    • 200BE for a ring isnt too bad, I get around 80-90BE from boss+rm 3, can get a ring box every 2.2ish RGs, otherwise, get totems the other day for fun
    • Ring CS is interesting. This effectively might destroy RoA market, but its whatever, I like occasional shake ups.

10. veen11

veen11 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mandikana
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms/Newp
    선생님들 이번 패치 다 괜찮은데 벌 한마리로 토템 5개랑 바꿀 수 있는 옵션 좀 추가해주시면 안됩니까? 한 마리 놓쳤더니 벌 4마리가 돼서 그냥 템 칸 차지하는 쓰레기가 되어버렸어요

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
    AshPile, Apoc_Ellipsis, leees and 2 others like this.
  11. Fli

Fli Donator

I have no speciafic postive or nagetive thought on new rewards but why removing the shiny onyx apple option? Maybe few people use that option for it's low cost/performance but I think that is a useful item when you run out of gelts.
    Royals is not a restaurant you have to consider a dish that will be bought or not, it hurts nothing just keeping it does it?

12. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    Maybe over saturation of higher wa pots.
    Maybe in general higher wa pots (gelts/narc/vl) should be a little more rare?

Or maybe theyre removing it to add it in future content where it makes more sense/higher demand which I think would be good.

Becca, Javier and Relmy like this.
  13. Sunrise ^o^

Sunrise ^o^ Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sunrise
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rog Gamer
    With this new RG change it will be easier to gain hp

I really hate hp's reuel search because it becomes monotome

I know someone doesn't like the RG change but

I'm level 161 and this motivates me to reach the level required to do so.

Apoc_Ellipsis likes this.
  14. Apoc_Ellipsis

Apoc_Ellipsis Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ApocEllipsis
    I'm one for the change.

Now it's a bit easier to Wash, and a little harder to make money (Considering I felt like I could never catch up to RG runners), and can still provide a lucky day or so for some people.
    It's rough cause people are very self-interested. They wanted a lot of Mesos to buy what they want, but not for everyone to have a lot of mesos to drag up prices on everything.

One big thing that I am appreciating with this that I think people are sleeping on, is that it lets you add MP not just pure HP, this is huge compared to Reuel. This really gives 170+ players a chance to 'catchup and join in on bossing. I'd love if this could be a little lower level wise (150-160?) to really push people into having another way to get 'boss ready'
    (I mean a warrior could buy 12 MP for 12 bees and turn it into 150 HP/day with 3 APRs)

Also Mages finally get an easy source of a daily HP boost. Also perfectionists can make BOTH stats into 30/30 without buying up thousands of APRs (Not having to trade 90 MP for 7 HP is huge)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
    Zkittlez, RonJJ, noobgamer97 and 2 others like this.
  15. Javier

Javier Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Javier
    Level:
    Guild:
    Northern
    that's a super smart take and I'd love to have more depth on the "buying the MP potion and turning it into HP with APR" thing compared to just buying the HP potion for all classes.

is it possible? does the MP it adds count towards the natural MP washing with APR? is it only beneficial for warriors due to their higher HP gain compared to let's say, archers? should I invest my time and bees into the MP potion for the maximum HP possible or just stick with the HP potion?

these new rewards sound amazing in theory but I'd like to know better before investing many hours into rose garden again.

16. Puff2153

Puff2153 Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Trinity
    Personally i love the change since i dislike daily content which feels too profitable to skip, after a while it starts feeling like a job.

Objectively though, i think removing the mesos aspect altogether is a bit extreme. One solution couldve been some bees give you totems, some gives you meso and sone gives you w/e (on the spot while catching them). Or any other combination of “meso-if-youre-lucky” type of arrangements.
    So the “pure mesos” you gain is RNG, while you can still gain some mesos in running this content (which to my understanding was the entire point of it? Alternative to mage farming or leech?)
    I feel like other solution might be steps A, B etc while removing the meso altogether is step Z. Running for totems sort of feels like bossing and hoping for a good drop. If that was the point, cool, but i felt like RG was supposed to be something else?

17. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

For over a year the entire server was made into meso farmers.
    As expected and warned by many players at the start (just scroll to the beginning of this thread), it took a few months of short-lived enjoyment to cause the worst inflation we've seen in recent years, perhaps ever.
    This change is of course positive, because you cannot inject the market with so much raw meso.
    For a healthy economy the profits from such content need to come in the form of different items instead.

This update, in my opinion, is criminally late and we will still continue to feel the effects of Rose Garden inflation for a while until the market balances itself with the new flow of cs/ws from LHC gach and less meso-rich people to wipe fm.

This content is still very much relevant, as most channels are still full through the whole day.
    On average you get about 1 jackpot from LHC gach (~500m) per 500 totems, which is still the same meso as you got before from RG on paper.
    Yes, it's more RNG, but it's also healthier for the economy.
    It's also a better way for people to grind totems for belts.

I'm happy this update finally came, but I also can't unsee the devastating effects RG had on the server for such a long time.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
    Kenny, itu, RonJJ and 16 others like this.
  18. degerman123

degerman123 Well-Known Member

Level:
    I'm happy for the changes, exactly as @Donn1e said. Also better late than never, very glad to see the cheesy meso farm factory revamped. It's time to get back on the rng wagon. or start farming
    :classy:

19. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    So anyone doesn't get mislead, will quote from my post here:

Anyone that can math better can correct me so I can delete this post

anglerfish1 and Javier like this.
  20. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    I did the math on bishops.

Infinite washing is 2 APRs for 5 HP and 9 MP, or ~5.8 HP gained per AP reset. At current market price and totem price estimates, the 100 totems are ~8 AP resets. Since bish needs a couple SP resets and APRs are a bit over 10m, let's say it's 7 APRs or 20 HP.

7 APRs at 5.8 HP/ea is 40.6 HP, over double what the vials give. And that's for some of the least efficient washing in the game. Note that bishops have more efficient washing if they have fresh AP to spend.

Ironmen would probably want totems too for the extra ~ws chances at gach, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (@Kheb your thoughts?)

So I'm not really sure who exactly the vials are for. First characters that want to accelerate their unwashed HP gains above what Reuel gives? But it's lv 170+ so it doesn't help all that much with that, and they'd still probably be better off getting totems for gear since the ultra-high hp requirement bosses generally also take pretty strong gear.

That being said, I do love pretty much everything else about this change and honestly it's still great even if you entirely ignore the hp/mp vials' existence, so I don't think this is a big issue.