Party Quests HP Gain Add Low Level Max HP Increase Options (Borrow Pots from RG into Tokens of Teamwork)

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Apoc_Ellipsis, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Apoc_Ellipsis

Apoc_Ellipsis Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ApocEllipsis
    With the recent RG Change there have been potions that have been added as options to trade your totems for, but low interest due to the cost benefit analysis. One issue people have is that it is locked behind high level content. Given these prizes already exist in the code. I would like to suggest and make the argument that these would be a great option to add to the Tokens of Teamwork prize pool as a low development time solution, but would be a net positive for users.

There are very limited options for users below a certain point to farm for HP/MP. Olaf is the only content for players Under 70. And the 70-120 solution of the Spring Water Quests are one and done.
    Reuel is the first repeatable solution at 120, and now RG at 170.

I would suggest that an increased push towards PQs could be provided by adding these Max HP Potions (And MP?) into the Token of Teamwork prize pool. I'm unsure of what would be a reasonable exchange rate at this time as there is little data on the cost benefit of Tokens of Teamwork, but are often a bonus of users leveling up and not something that users grind for heavily.

Pros:

* Increased interest in PQs
    * Low development resources as items already exist.
    * This would create an additional model where players could 'work' towards more HP/MP
    * This would be able to be pointed to as a solution to 'avoid HP washing'
    * This creates a second HP boost solution for players as low as First job.

Cons:
    * Potential for PQs to fill up with mules for Token of Teamwork farming alts. (But is this much different than PQ leeching HP Washing chars that are high int)
    * Token of Teamwork rates might need to be adjusted (Both in terms of prizes as well as potion values to be fair)
    * Less cool chairs because people are spending tokens of teamwork elsewhere.

Consideration of Alternatives:

* Only add the MP Potions, this would still push the need for APRs, but allow players to have extra MP to 'wash'
    * Set a level minimum on these potions.
    * Increase the cost per purchased potion (1-10 purchases 1 token, 11-20 purchases, 2 tokens, etc)
    * Ability to buy Reuel's potions from Tokens of Teamwork for MUCH higher Tradeoffs.
    * Totems could simply be added to Tokens of Teamwork instead (Unlikely)

tl;dr: Add the recent RG Max HP/MP Potions to the Token of Teamwork prize pool to help lower level players have alternatives to HP Washing early on.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
    Javier, Zetami, benkrong and 9 others like this.
  2. TakeItEasy

TakeItEasy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    The rg potions are really not worth the effort. (maybe using on mp and then wash it is worth it on warriors or something). The rate is way too low.
    Starting from level 120 you can start to gain hp from the Raul quest and before that you can get like 1500 hp from Olaf and 500 from spring of life.
    I don't really see the need for gaining hp at lower levels, so I don't really think that the level cap is the issue.
    With that being said, adding an additional hp gaining method from the tokens of teamwork does sound good to me.
    The current hp gaining methods are grindy but definitely viable. So at least to me adding more balanced options sounds good.

3. Apoc_Ellipsis

Apoc_Ellipsis Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ApocEllipsis

They're not worth the effort for Rose Garden sure, which is why they can also be in Tokens of Teamwork hence my suggestion no RG needed.
    And yes you can get them from Reuel, but you know what I'd prefer instead of mindlessly grinding 3 random mobs around the world each day? Running a few party quests.

I'd disagree that there's no need for gaining HP at a lower levels, Thieves & Archers at low levels are often asking for HB to do Zakum, a lot of content opens right at 120, and having to suddenly doing Reuel's quest involves a lot of time, effort, and waiting. I have a Bucc who hit 120, and I've been running around doing Reuel ad nauseum. Just so he can have the 10k HP to get a Horntail pendant.

I know I would do a lot more PQ's to level up if I knew I could get some extra HP/MP earlier on. I think guiding people towards PQ's are great options, especially for unfunded players, first characters and more.

4. TakeItEasy

TakeItEasy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    zakum / krex are at 135 and require 3200 hp. any class in the game would have it long before level 135.
    for hortail you have to wash in some way, but its at a higher level and I dont really see the problem.

5. Apoc_Ellipsis

Apoc_Ellipsis Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ApocEllipsis
    People buy Zakum Helms and Skillbooks at 50+, and BMs & Thieves always have issues having enough HP.
    People buy HTP at 120 and don't have enough HP, and setting up a playstyle where you hit 120, then twiddle your thumbs doing Reuel for days is boring.
    People have to buy leech and twiddle their thumbs HP washing for over 100 levels, instead of playing the game with a normal character, and if they had a way to HP grind earlier then they'd be part of content!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024
  6. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    Staff is generally happy with the current ways to gain additional HP. Maplestory is a grindy game in general and so is getting high HP on some classes. If everything was easy this game wouldn't be fun either. Max HP potions have been considered during the Token of Teamwork shop overhault but were decided against and instead the PQ related equips were buffed in regards of HP. You can take a look at this breakdown about HP washing being optional or not. The 1 Max HP/MP potions added to RG might not be the most time efficient way to increase HP, but that is fine. Players generally like to have multiple options. The Search for Elixir of Life, Water from the Spring of Youth and the Adventurers Assignement are still our main HP quests. Over the years we've seen players trying to reach specific MP and MP values like exactly 10k, 20k or even all the way to 30k. With the 1 Max HP/MP potions players can now reach a specific number more easily.

Nevertheless, thanks for your feedback!

xLessonPlan and Sylafia like this.