Event Mapleroyals Christmas Event info

Discussion in 'Events' started by Sila, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Seireen

Seireen Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Seireen
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Thanks for the event. I'll never get anything from it, but still.

2. Shinixter

Shinixter Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Grise
    Level:
    3x
    Dumb question, but are the Christmas Heaters chairs?

snowday likes this.
  3. GamerNoah

GamerNoah Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Glinwick
    Level:
    Hey, I'd like to first say i'm enjoying the Christmas items dropping and of course, Happyville (Got myself a nice 2015 Christmas photo).
    I'd like to give my opinion on how the event is going, specifically the Snowman/Nevermelting Snow part.

From what I've experienced, people tend to focus on one channel (Ch1), which tends to usually be full (the 100 person limit) by AFKer's/people who donated NOTHING to help with the spawning of Snowman (I even experienced a guild pulling all their mules to clog up a channel so no one could show up and get any). Sure, people go to other channels to spawn Snowman, but that took around half an hour of people crowding outside the Ch1 map, waiting. Even when you finally get another channel going, once you hit the 80% full announcement, you attract the wave of people who didn't help at all. I've even seen where the people that show up after that, hit the snowman maybe once or twice, then wait for it to be killed....

So the way I see it could be fixed/maybe a way of making it a lot nicer, to not turn in snow as a server, but to instead make it so you get like a box every time you turn in maybe 500 or so personally. Snowman could still spawn in the main map randomly (kind of like how NoNo spawns in most christmas events) and he could drop either a small amount of boxes, or maybe stars, so low levels that can't collect high amounts of ice, could still get a nice shot at getting some stuffs. (I also think the chairs you can get from the boxes should be tradeable, just so if a map IS being camped/afk'd at and you have no chance of ever getting one, You could at least still buy one later down the road. It would also help if a person got duplicates of a chair). This way, people would have to either earn Nevermelting Ice/boxes themselves or could trade around with each other to get what they really are looking for in this event.

I've seen the interest in people (as well as personally), for this event, slowly die off day by day.. So like I said in the beginning of this post, this is just an opinion on how things could maybe get better, but who knows~

Happy Holidays
    -Noah

Baconfry, Anduin, Koyomix and 2 others like this.
  4. Javier

Javier Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Javier
    Level:
    Guild:
    Northern
    yup, they're chairs
    indeed1.png

I agree with Noah. I myself and my friends have certainly lost motivation with this event. Specially when I experienced last year's and I honestly was expecting something better than a year ago. A whole year of server improvements, and the simple decision of Snowman —dropping— presents, when one originally used to get it directly into our inventories upon killing it is not a good idea.
    All I see is people bringing mules, asking everybody to fill the gauge up without helping at all, and people outside the event map at the Rudolph NPC spamming, hoping for anyone already in to d/c, just to get in. Even people with flash jump or teleport get to pick up two presents at once, and in my opinion, that's not fair.
    I sincerely wouldn't want this event to last like this untill january, because although rewards are 90% the same as last year's, I indeed like to enjoy the event itself just for fun, and this isn't really funny. It's stressing, and even depressing, to be honest.

I apologize if this post doesn't belong here, or in a recommendation section thread or something else. But it's impressive that a previous post of mine got deleted because I'm "spreading negativity" towards the event. Well, not everyone is enjoying it. And I just feel like expressing that out.

:)

Koyomix likes this.
  5. creua

creua Member

IGN:
    Pastafarian
    I want to add something to this discussion, and what you said.
    I totally support the presents getting to your inv instead of dropping, because it happened (twice) that I have attacked the snowman, contributed to the snow machine, yet when presents dropped, I wasn't able to pick them up, don't know why, and probably lag. BUT, the thing is, if you come to Channel 1/2 with 300 snows, than attempt to go out and hunt for some more, you have a huge risk of losing your spot, and all of that effort you donated will be for nothing. So what happens is, like what I do, is after donating (if you even donate :X), is you just tend to camp in the map, hoping for the snowman to spawn so you get a value for your snow, and that makes it look like I've done nothing to help the gauge. And the worst part is, you couldn't know the difference between people who did and did not donate snow. That's how I view the (some-what) problematic situation of the current event.
    Other than that, I want to say, that I'm very enjoying this Maplemas, the Mom&Dad event is great (although the low drop rate from the pigs, but I've learned to appreciate the challenge aspect of this), and I'm very glad to have happyvile back, and of course, the festive FM!
    Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful holiday.

rebecca-jane, Javier and Flaw like this.
  6. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

It's just dawned on me - how many times do you have to complete the Mom and Dad quest before you automatically get a reward from O-Pongo? We had this last year, and with the drop rate of food being considerably lower than it was last year, I'm guessing -and seriously hoping, as I'll be busy with family stuff over the holidays! - we'll do the same again this year.

7. Kai

Kai Donator

I don't think you get rewarded based on how many times you complete the exchange. :(
    From what I can see, you can only exchange with OPongo if you have the complete set of items...so far I guess I have exchanged like 4 times, and got Stretchy Materials for all. ~f7

Baconfry likes this.
  8. attainable

attainable Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Attainable
    Where is O-Pongo located? I couldn't find information on that and haven't seen him around.

9. NMNA

NMNA Donator

He is the green mouse on the top left platform in Free Market.

Dimitri likes this.
  10. attainable

attainable Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Attainable
    Ah...gotcha. Thanks!

11. Manslut

Manslut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ManSIut
    Level:
    nib
    Guild:
    MANLOVE
    IIRC, the players requested a guarantee clause (heh, xmas pun), that after a certain number of completions, you'd automatically get the untradeable Versalmas orb, since you could end up being unlucky and never receive it even while completing the quest every day. Nothing ever came out of it, except for a few days of extension of the event due to server instability, which didn't fix the problem.

Hopefully you don't make the same mistake this year, and discuss solutions on how to work around the issue while the event is still fresh.

Javier likes this.
  12. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

Update! We discussed this in staff and Matt has changed the script so that if you complete the event 15 times, you automatically get an Orb of Versalmas Cheer. Hopefully this will be a big relief to those who have finals or family commitments and won't be able to complete the quest almost every day.

Tsai, looty108, nawooz and 10 others like this.
  13. Shinixter

Shinixter Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Grise
    Level:
    3x
    Is there a certain amount of times you have to attack the snowman in order to get chairs or stars from presents? Or is it just completely random (and that my luck is so poor I only get chocolates, energizer drinks and Christmas socks? xD)

14. Plenty

Plenty Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Plenty
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hollywood
    No, it's all random.

impreciate and GDLee like this.
  15. Nessi

Nessi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LuckyLook
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Fryslan
    I was just wondering if the times you completed the quest before the change count ? :O

ginwolf, Mrkaren and Plenty like this.
  16. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

The quest counter was set right from the start as far as I know, so all quest completions will count.

Nessi likes this.
  17. Lunch

Lunch Donator

Level:
    red socks avail from presents like last year im assuming?

18. icyweather

icyweather Member

I was dc during the snowman fight in chn1. Will I still get my Christmas present?

19. creua

creua Member

IGN:
    Pastafarian
    I seriously don't understand how people can survive in the snowman map without D/Cing. it is so laggy, you D/C and by the time you get back, the snowman is dead (or it's alive and than you D/C again -_-). I'm very disappointed that I can't compete in this event anymore after the latest SC. And no, it is neither my computer nor my internet, as they are fine at any other time and other games I play, and only struggle on this snowman event.

20. Glee

Glee Donator

Country Flag:
    good CPU and RAM I guess?