Game Challenge: Ironman Mode (Solo, DIY - No Trading)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PaddysPub, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Kites

Kites Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MissKitty
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lords
    I'm going to give this a shot. My IGN is iTry, and I'm an archer. I'm going to be a crossbowman I think.

2. Harvey Specter

Harvey Specter Member

Hello, came back after a long long break and this challenge seems to be the best to remind me of the gameplay, gonna try it with IGH xHarvey

Dylanducki and Samadhi like this.
  3. Jaacov

Jaacov Member

IGN:
    Jaacov
    Guild:
    Symphonic
    Hello everyone, after reading almost every post in this threat i'm convinced!
    Just back playing maplestory after more than 6 years not playing after finding Royals, i'm starting to get bored playing the normal way after seeing everyone getting a leech and doing rush party quests.
    I want to join the challenge as assasin despite it's going to be very hard (attacking 1 by 1 and not AOE) and i wanted to ask few questions for the assasins ironman here:
    1.should/can i go dexless?
    2.what important quests i need to focus on, like the pilgrim hat quest that i really didn't know existed.
    umm.... that's it for now, if there's something you think i should know starting please do tell.

Samadhi and Harvey Specter like this.
  4. Samadhi

Samadhi Donator

IGN:
    Samadhi
    Guild:
    Ironman
    @Jaacov
    1. Luckily, on this server monsters drop Maple Weapons up to lvl 64 ones (droplist)
    I think you could go initially dexless (which should mean keeping the minimum amount of dex, 25), and then eventually start adding dex at later levels in order to wear your endgame weapon.
    I am sure that with some time and effort you can work on some decent equip in order to cut your base requirements. Scrolling for dex as Ironman is definitely doable, as there are many options and plenty of monsters drop different kinds of dex scrolls. You can also obtain some useful items from Gachapon like a Maple Leaf from Showa, or Horus' Eye from NLC.

Tl;dr: you can start with 25 DEX, hunt for a Maple Weapon (ideally until Maple Skanda), and then planning what to do.

2. Pilgrim's Hat is a Thanksgiving Event reward, and sadly it's not normally available from the game.
    Here is a guide I wrote some time ago for other early levels Ironmen. It is still incomplete, but it should give you a general idea of what you could ideally obtain from questing.
    If you decide to join or you just want to talk a bit more, feel free to drop here your IGN or to contact me in game.

Good luck!

Joong, Royalty and Jaacov like this.
  5. Jaacov

Jaacov Member

IGN:
    Jaacov
    Guild:
    Symphonic
    Thank you very much for the help.
    I think i will Start tomorrow, will drop my IGN then.

p.s getting excited :D!

Samadhi likes this.
  6. Jaacov

Jaacov Member

IGN:
    Jaacov
    Guild:
    Symphonic
    I Started and my IGN is Cvet i'll be happy to join the guild.

Samadhi likes this.
  7. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Wild boars also drop the maple kandayo and are all around a great training place, I trained there from 23-40 on my page there, I think I'm the only one that does this but i also like to spend a whole at cloud foxes in Showa, if you get lucky and get the rare newspaper hat drop there's a quest that gives you an overall dex 30% for the hat, leprachauns drop steelies when you get to the high 40s and are super safe to kill, slimys in GS2 drop a good star, I forget which but the next one above steelies, that's just a few tips I can think of off the top of my head

On a different note I dumped idk, 240k nx between 3 characters, complete crap between all of it, spent 90k at CBD, 60k at NLC, and 90k between sleepy wood and kerning city, was super dissapointed...

I'm gonna try and get on and mist on my f/p when I can, idk how often that will be though

Samadhi and Royalty like this.
  8. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    bufalocake
    Guild:
    LoveHandles
    might do this for one of my 100 future characters :(

Samadhi likes this.
  9. Samadhi

Samadhi Donator

IGN:
    Samadhi
    Guild:
    Ironman
    I don't feel like writing much, but I thought it was time to post at least a quick progress update.

[​IMG]

I've worked my way to Road to Oblivion. My Paladin Disease is getting worse.
    Currently working on my 4th job build to get ready for some bossing (my next short-term goal is to get Blast 30 from Papulatus), and figuring out the best way to get a reasonable weapon upgrade.
    I plan to scroll both a 120 atk clean Crushed Skull and a new Morningstar.
    After some thoughts, I have decided to save 10 SP early on for whenever I get ACB. I thought it was better to do it while the exp curve is still forgiving.

Bam!

Edit:
    I accidentally landed 10 60% DEX on this Battle Empress. I guess I can reset some more DEX, and remain blonde for a while.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    StrickBan, T3nsu, Joong and 5 others like this.
  10. Jaacov

Jaacov Member

IGN:
    Jaacov
    Guild:
    Symphonic
    Level 47 already i'm really enjoying trying to get things for myself though it's hard sometimes, like killing platoon chronos for 3 hours not getting even 1 gfa 60% :(.

btw i think it's too bad people stopped doing this, personaly i think it's awesome.
    would love to get some high lvl people and do zakum or things in some time.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Joong and Samadhi like this.
  11. Civil

Civil Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Niklaus
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I've joined along as well :)
    IGN- Unavoidable
    Class- Rogue (To be a bandit)

[​IMG]

Jaacov, Royalty and Samadhi like this.
  12. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Just thought I'd make a mini update for what little progress I have made recenetly.
    Part One: ~240k nx in gach.
    Part Two: yes that's all there is two part one, there was literally nothing eventful
    Part Three: LVL92 :D Wooooooh progress
    Part Four: 30k gach run in sleepywood, finally something nice, kinda
    Duckz Green Bazura 1.png
    Got an overall INT 30% and passed it:D

Duckz Warrior Throne.png
    Got possibly my FAVORITE chair, Warrior Throne

Duckz Blue Old Wisconsin.png
    This one doesn't really benefit me but still REALLY cool :love:

Yiks, Jaacov and Samadhi like this.
  13. Samadhi

Samadhi Donator

IGN:
    Samadhi
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Important announcement!

As you may already know, @DIYChalak (Simon), the original founder of the Challenge, has been inactive for a while.
    Today he logged in after a long time, and we eventually decided to seize the opportunity of making something we should have done before.

The Ironman guild has been disbanded and recreated under the same name.
    From the Challenge perspective, nothing should change, except that now we have a "working" guild hierarchy for the convenience of all the active members.

So, if you log in game and find yourself guildless, no worries! If you want an invite (back) to the new Ironman guild, just send a PM / buddy request in game to Samadhi (@Samadhi), Chieftess (@Joong) or Duckz (@Dylanducki)!
    Of course, Simon is still part of the guild as a life-time Elder. Thank you Simon!

[​IMG]

Peace!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Royalty, Jaacov, Yiks and 2 others like this.
  14. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Or if neither of them are on and you're feeling lucky try Duckz

Royalty likes this.
  15. PinkyBreaker

PinkyBreaker Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sleepeh
    Guild:
    Hiraeth
    Well maybe i'll come back and Ironman for a bit then lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Dylanducki, Samadhi and Jaacov like this.
  16. Tigerb3rry

Tigerb3rry Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demii
    Level:
    I like the idea of this, since you get to explore more and feel more accomplished earning better equips/scrolls by yourself then from buying others equips/scrolls! The Leveling aspect sounds great to since it's a real challenge but it is really rewarding and fun! I haven't done this myself but I will be willing to try it! ^^

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Dylanducki, Jaacov and Samadhi like this.
  17. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    It makes a HUGE shift, or at least for me, from the normal game mostly item wise. Normally you don't care about 99% of stuff because even if you can get something yourself there's no point when what you want is of low value do you just go to the same place everyone else goes to that has the best effort:meso ratio and then just use the mesos to get EVERYTHING, this is also shown by the ridiculous amounts of bishops around, ironman completely breaks down that focus and makes a really refreshing experience, I highly recommend, I think that's an especially big problem for private servers because EVERYONE gets a shop to sell their stuff, in Gms only some people got shops so there wasn't as much of that just get the expensive stuff and sell it. The training alone part can get lonely/tiring but you hardly notice if there's people on. I wish I had more time to actually come on more, I miss you all, this ended up a lot longer than intended:p best of luck and hope you enjoy if you decide to join

Jaacov and Samadhi like this.
  18. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    I can sum up today in 1 word. Best- crap wait... okay I can sum up today in 3 words. Best. Gach. Ever.
    So we start things off strong with you know. A raccoon mask on the FIRST TICKET
    Duckz Raccoon Mask 1.png
    Okay now since we're on the topic of the raccoon mask flash forward to way after the gaching finished when i decided to YOLO the hell out of this thing and 30 it.
    Duckz Raccoon Mask 2.png
    Verdict from Dylan, YOLO it, guaranteed results (not really, about 30% results, shhhhh ignore the numbers)
    I then finished that off with the 100% I had since both the 100% and 60% scrolls give 1 INT so no reason to not use the 100% really.
    Duckz Raccoon Mask 3.png
    Okay back to gach. It gets better.
    So that was ticket 1 remember, now lets jump forward to ticket 6. You may be saying to yourself "Wow Dylan! what could you possibly be lucky enough to get in only 6 tickets *gasps*" well I'll show you!
    Duckz BVM.png
    (BVM if for some reason you can't see the picture)
    Then from there I went to NLC trying to get white scrolls and/or the Crystal Leaf Earrings, sadly nothing eventful there besides the 2nd crystal shard
    Then I went to scrolling, I already talked about most of that but there's one other thing I scrolled, nothing too fancy but worth mentioning, passed the first 2 70%s and a 60% on my ele staff 1
    Duckz Ele Staff 1 1.png
    Okay that's pretty much everything I think. I don't know about you all but I'm pretty happy with my day.:D Maybe I should actually go level...

Yiks, Jaacov and Samadhi like this.
  19. Samadhi

Samadhi Donator

IGN:
    Samadhi
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Paladin intensifies

[​IMG]

I was planning to write a new progress update for my 140, but it looks like I am taking a small break for Easter.
    Nothing fancy, though. Just keep going. Started running Papulatus daily. No luck with Blast 30 yet. Currently level 136.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you soon!

Bella, Tim, Yiks and 3 others like this.
  20. Dylanducki

Dylanducki Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Duckz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    My new favorite pastime, seeing how far I can slide on the hill at the far left of El Nath, this isn't really connected to Ironman but I wanted to share how I waste my time not training, I made some super high quality pictures showing the steps
    Step 1. You run along the top and jump at the first spot where it goes down, after you jump STOP moving (if you do move it actually slows you down anyway)
    Duckz Nath Slide Step 1.png
    Step 2. Land just before the little stop in the middle to pick up speed when you hit the corner part and then jump again on that drop
    Duckz Nath Slide Step 2.png
    Step 3. Repeat step 2 but on the next little corner, I marked where you want to try and land roughly with a star, and like step 2 jump off the edge with all the speed you picked up
    Duckz Nath Slide Step 3.png
    Step 4. Slideeeeee, as shown here
    Duckz Nath Slide Step 4.png
    See how far you can make it and let me know, I managed to make it a little farther than that after, I don't know how well is even possible but its fun to try :D