Info Update to Boss Warp Policy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Matt, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Hello everyone,

This thread will serve as the official, ongoing reference for the situations in which a player may request staff assistance to return to an interrupted boss fight, as well as provide a small reference to situations where players may currently believe they may request assistance, but in reality, are not in a position to do so. Found listed below will be the only situations in which a player will be warped into a boss fight.
    • serverwide instability issues that may cause the entire server or a large subset of players to be unable to connect to the game server temporarily.
    • emergency server checks that force us to shut down the server without notice.
    In situations where an expedition run is taking place and the entire party has been removed from the fight, the boss expedition will be reset due to no remaining members of the fight still being present. A screenshot of the entire boss as close to the point of disconnection displaying which sections of the boss have been completed and which have not will be required for staff assistance in replacing the boss properly. If no screenshot can be provided, the boss will be returned to the party in a state that the responding member of staff sees fit.

Please be aware that any other disconnections from bosses will no longer qualify you for a boss warp. Some such reasons that you may be accustomed to are issues with signup NPCs, invalid pointer errors, end of file errors, or blackscreening. Also be aware that disconnections during at any stage within a Party Quest of any kind do not fall under the scope of this boss warp policy.

In cases where you believe that special circumstances have occurred, you may still request assistance in game, however you must be able to provide proof of your claim when requested.

This document can and will be updated at any time, without any notice, and will be effective immediately upon edit. This document was last updated on November 11th, 2017.

Thank you,
    MapleRoyals Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2017
    Gamxia, Celtea, Zenoooo and 29 others like this.
  2. Sheik

Sheik Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Vaivode
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Glad to see this clarification. It was tiring to see every royals related skype group plagued by "anyone know a gm who can warp!?!" when their client crashed due to a graphics issue.

Tentomon, Jeen, Eli and 6 others like this.
  3. Celiu

Celiu Well-Known Member

Level:
    Guild:
    Aeon
    What about restarting your client and d/c right after entering a map?

(without any wifi/graphical problems)

4. Aly

Aly Magical Mermaid Princess

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Toomanytbh.
    Level:
    lel
    Guild:
    Rhythm5eva
    We aren't aware of this being a recurring issue.
    If you are able to provide proof of this happening to you and others continuously we will consider adding it to the list.

Raiden and Stan like this.
  5. Kivin

Kivin Donator

Country Flag:
    What about Fastattack disconnections? Do these not qualify for a warp from the GMs (provided a GM is online and is able to take rewarp requests at the time of the d/c)?

6. Zynzer

Zynzer Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zynzer
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/server-check-12-03-16.56448/
    Fast attack disconnections shouldn't happen anymore. But would false bans (such as high damage) during bossing be rewarpable?

Will the infamous immune npc glitch also be rewarpable? (Usually happens at Bodyguards)

Fergus and eugenekhor like this.
  7. Dipirona

Dipirona Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    GoGoBoYs
    Take great care of it. Yesterday, the server had problems with instability and I DC in the middle of Horntail and as only I was in Brazil, I took only DC. Minutes later, three people from the same region took DC. They were rewarpados but I did not even being disconnected all the same.

If I am the only person in the party of an isolated region and I am disconnected by the server problem, I'm not warp.

The ping server is different depending on the region, this should be taken into account.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  8. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    If in your case entire Brazil is affected by regional serverwide connectivity issues then you qualify for a rewarp, it doesn't matter if you were the only player from your region in that boss run as we look at the entire server as a whole.

9. Dipirona

Dipirona Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    GoGoBoYs
    Exactly, but yesterday was the opposite. Many Brazilians my friends took DC with me Or are with lag, but I have not taken DC with the other players who were the boss, I did not rewarp.

And that was why more than 30 minutes sending ~ gm. I was very upset. >:(

10. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    There are some bugs when you dc when clicking on the pet or clicking on a random item (not sure if they got fixed yet)

11. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    Both those examples are listed as player mistakes and have never been rewarpable as far as I'm aware.

12. Kai

Kai Donator

What if you gfxed and your party members started moonwalking and a few seconds later, you disconnect to your desktop with the firewall error? I can guarantee internet connectivity isn't an issue because I was streaming tv series online.

May I know if this issue constitutes to a refund?

EDIT: My issue is as follow:

Killed HT pre right head, GFX-ed on leader's advice follow by party members moonwalking and back to desktop with firewall error.

13. Ch0rus

Ch0rus Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Littl3Ch0rus
    Clicking on pet sometimes dces people and that is known, so fair enough. But how am I supposed to know that clicking on that particular item will dc me? For instance, I clicked on an apple to use it in HT or clicked on a skill to buff, and I dc, why are those player mistakes when I have done nothing wrong. (This has happened, not just me but to several other people that I know as well)

14. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    I've never even heard of an issue regarding clicking items during a boss fight disconnecting you, so I went and asked around.
    I've been told that this issue is GFX related and thus a player mistake, as it has nothing to do with the server.

15. Ch0rus

Ch0rus Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Littl3Ch0rus
    Ah right, I see. okay. Thanks for the clarification

16. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    GFXing increases your chances of not dc'ing in a boss run, it does not guarantee it. On that note, the reason why people have to GFX at all is because their graphics cards aren't very compatible with royals or has problems. In other words, it's your computer and not the server. This is the reason why GFX issues has never been rewarpable.

xFishy, Cyndy and Kai like this.
  17. Cavemanohyea

Cavemanohyea Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    XuelanTash
    hay hay hay can't say it is our fault. Almost no one has a 10 or so year old gfx these days

18. snapitsann

snapitsann Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xAnn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Munchkin
    Me and my friends would always disconnect when entering Horntail main body if we would use an item (mostly apple) too soon. Maybe this Is still a GFX error but because all of us did, we would think it's a game bug. Now we just wait 3 minutes after it spawns and we're ok.

19. furu

furu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MrFuru
    Level:
    Guild:
    Sage
    Cases like signed up but didn't get warped into boss room should get a rewarp as well ._.

Frak_G likes this.
  20. Mute

Mute Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I want to point out that I also have an issue with your server since I live in Israel I have 2 out of 3 of my accounts bugged. This means they lag all the time - not because of me or my internet stability but because of your server. When I play league of legends for instance, I play it on 70 ping. When I'm on my HS mule, everything is fine and dandy. But when I'm on my sair or I/L mage, it's all laggy.

What this forces me to do is to use proxy, which allows me to use an alternate tunnel to the US and then a different tunnel connecting me to your server from the US, and not directly from Israel. This solves the issues I have on both my accounts. However during HT runs that take longer than usual, the probability of my proxy disconnecting for one second due to issues with the program which is also out of my hand, and reconnecting is much higher.

For instance, yesterday I disconnected at Horntail just because of this. If only I had the ability to enter Horntail without having to need to use a proxy, I would. But due to the circumstances of the server, and the fact that nobody really does anything to tackle this issue forces me to do so. Now when it disconnected, the GM refused to rewarp me because this is technically against the rules. What I suggest is to add a pointer about the issue I have as well because this is also a server issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.