Dear islanders - Why???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vank, May 17, 2016.

1. Vank

Vank Well-Known Member

Seriously... why? don't you get a little lonely there?

2. Martin

Martin Donator

IGN:
    Alumina
    Level:
    Im not an islander, but from what ive seen theres communities and guilds with lots of islanders, which is also prob ably alot f the reason islanders fun

iCross likes this.
  3. Shona

Shona Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shona
    I have an islander but only tend to play it when I'm fed up with the grind on the mage. Sometimes it's nice to just go back to whacking snails [:D]

In all the time I've played my islander though, I've never met another islander o_O

louismuruu and Islander like this.
  4. Wulas

Wulas Donator

It is the simplicity of grinding knowing you will never cap your level is a huge reason why I play an islander on Royals. We all have our different ways of playing the game which make it fun but not necessarily how the game was meant to be played. For example leeching, mp/hp washing, and challenges like the ironman challenge.

iCross, Hampa, IoIzor and 2 others like this.
  5. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    I have an islander and got bored, I mostly just chill in Amherst and help new players and stuff f3

Islander likes this.
  6. SodeNoShirayuki

SodeNoShirayuki Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tsukishima
    Level:
    Guild:
    BongLords
    is there consistently new player joining? I don't have an islander but I wish to know the community there.

7. Danny

Danny Donator

yes. we do have new players who join us from time to time.

SodeNoShirayuki likes this.
  8. looty108

looty108 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I play an islander because I want to have a feel of being OP, but I have almost 0 patience. I do have other characters outside maple island, but sort of got tired of grinding. Thus, I created my islander, since its easier to get the best equips available and to be able to one hit every monster! HAHA...

But most of the time, I just chill and chitchat with the newbies (too lazy to grind). I find that I made more friends as an islander than with the rest of my other characters combined!! Pretty interesting getting to know ppl from diff parts of the world!

Nick Loh, IoIzor, Danny and 1 other person like this.
  9. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Kaydril
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    I've never made one myself, but a friend a long time ago explained to me why they made their Islander. I'll summarize it as i dont recall exactly how they explained it.

Its the idea that there's nothing quite like the feel of a new character. Its one of the best feelings you can get from playing video games. Islanders are just players who like the idea of keeping things simple. Focusing around that notion. Smacking Snails, Mushrooms, Green blobs and rabid sentient stumps, there's just something fun about killing them. And the music helps keep things happy and bubbly. Once you move off Maple Island, the call of bigger and better things can become too tempting for some people. So in order for them to keep from eating the forbidden fruit, they remain on Maple Island.

I hate to admit it, but things do change for me once I'm off Maple Island and i move on to different areas. You move on to monsters that get progressively less cute, funny looking or easy to kill and a lot more mean. If i could train on stumps and snails to 200 and have it be a viable method, i think i would probably go that route.