Removal of warp-to-FM button functionality

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Azurite, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ButtonDoll

ButtonDoll Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Donquixite
    Bringing back the fm button doesnt have to be prioritized. Walking to the fm is not nostalgic.

artRAVER, birdiebomb and Gags like this.
  2. Arrives

Arrives Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Arrives
    Level:
    Guild:
    Amare
    I didn't even know there was a fm button til I was level 126.

Dre, artRAVER and Toothpaste like this.
  3. MoriForest

MoriForest Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    FM warp button can go screw itself, lol.

Want to buff yourself? Bring your mules to the same map, party, buff, and move it to cash shop. Rebuff? Come out of cash shop, rebuff, move it back there. No safe place? Well then, too bad, you don't get to buff yourself.

Want to socialize with friends? Ez. Buy 100 town scrolls. Use them if you're not in town. Locate FM portal, press up. Done. No FM in the nearest town (I can only think of ToT and Shrine)? Time to exercise your fat avatar and get to a place with one!

But really, from the way I see it, the FM warp just makes thing really convenient. Too convenient, if I may say. Removing it might be too sudden for most of you here, but trust me, you'll get used to it. Give it some time to adjust, and I bet none would be even talking about it anymore. It's not some sort of game-breaking, must have game feature anyway.

birdiebomb, welelele, ezpz and 4 others like this.
  4. Machiko

Machiko Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Machiko
    Guild:
    Cozy
    It's not a question of getting used to it, we can all get used to everything, given the time. We can remove mapowner and all the things that are convenient and make this game actually pleasant to play, things that work, and we would still get used to it and continue playing, just like we did GMS and EMS. And maybe to you FM wrap isn't important, but you should concider the people to who it is and look at the majority of players who want it back and who loved and used it regularly. Which I belong to, and I'm really disappointed that it's been removed.

If you don't like this question, you can leave the topic. This topic has been posted merely for FM wrap.
    FM button existing effects in no way the nostalgic feeling of the game, I don't really understand how that's even an argument

Yozich, jaydenlim, artRAVER and 2 others like this.
  5. Aerodynamics

Aerodynamics Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Aerodynamics
    if it aint broke, don't fix it. #bringbackfmwarp

rustygreen, jaydenlim, Dre and 3 others like this.
  6. Aerodynamics

Aerodynamics Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Aerodynamics
    It is convenient to use the internet banking to transfer funds, in fact, far too convenient.
    Why can't people go back to the old ways of walking to a bank branch/atm and do the transfer? I did that back in the old days when my dad was still at school.

It is convenient to use the FM button to go to the FM as a safe location/trade with people/get mules to buff you(which I dont mind even though I dont own a mule account). In fact, too convenient.
    Why cant people teleport back to town and walk to fm/ find a safe location after training like the old days? Its so GMS like! I did that when i was playing GMS.

Convenience is what we treasure, especially when we are playing a private server.
    if it aint broke, don't fix it. #bringbackfmwarp

CloudedMusic and StrickBan like this.
  7. Tiangua

Tiangua Donator

Country Flag:
    I rather want shop and pet have no expiration.

8. qaz5556

qaz5556 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    qaz5556
    Level:
    Guild:
    University
    I like this notion.

9. Cavemanohyea

Cavemanohyea Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    XuelanTash
    This is one of the best changes they have made. Now FM will actualy be full with people not mules sitting there making it look full.

MoriForest and welelele like this.
  10. qaz5556

qaz5556 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    qaz5556
    Level:
    Guild:
    University
    I like you saying "making it possible to remain as similar to the official server as possible",

Could we put back the level limits to PQs, such as LPQ, and also unlock the items in the bonus stage in all PQs?
    This way we can socialize more players as they strive to finish full PQ (attractive reasons to finish full LPQ and to do OPQ.

This is my thread : https://royals.ms/forum/threads/advice-for-party-quests.86939/#post-456505

11. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    People nowadays aren't willing to try to adapt to change, they just want to stick to what they're used to because that's the easy way out.
    So when a patch like this one gets announced, people will be upset because they read there will be a change affecting their way of playing the game.
    I agree with you that people should try out the changes first and then come back to provide feedback, but that's sadly not how the community likes to provide feedback on Mapleroyals.

I'm not saying I wholeheartedly agree with our decision to take away the button, but unlike most players I am willing to see how it really affects my gameplay before stepping on Matt's doorstep to voice my opinion.
    And as harsh as it may sound, if you refuse to try out a change like this one and complain a lot before having tried it out, then you're either stubborn, lazy or both.
    Just because a lot of people like a post, doesn't mean their reasoning for liking the post is correct, as their reasoning could be related to 1 of the 2 above mentioned aspects.

We do hear all the feedback in each and every feedback thread, but we're not going to reverse changes without having tried them out.
    That's as simple as it is.

Kivin, Ranningan, Vano and 2 others like this.
  12. Rough

Rough Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rough
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I dont see how the FM will be full now all of a sudden? The people that were there before, will be there now.
    Mules wont be there as much so in the end the fm will just be less full of chars.
    And in all honesty does it really bother you that a few afk chars stand in fm?

And to everyone complaining about saying we have an advantage with our mules in fm, we went trough the trouble to make those mules in the first place, want an advantage too? Make one aswell.

The buffing mules part can easily be
    Bypassed by keeping mules in cashshop, or just in a diffrent channel.

People play private servers for the little extra things like perma nx and an fm button, not everything has to be exactly like gms was. If u wanted it even more like gms change the rates to 1x and remove ~mapowner so the ks wars can come back, that is nostalgic.

PeaCats, CloudedMusic, Yozich and 6 others like this.
  13. Deanna

Deanna Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ElementStorm
    Level:
    80x
    Guild:
    Gentality
    No wonder your admin, your really smart! Thanks for that reply dimitri.

14. Aerodynamics

Aerodynamics Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Aerodynamics
    I am on the side with people who oppose this FM button removal.
    I have been playing maple private servers since 2009, even made my own server HoLyMS with hamachi then coded it to work without hamachi and had a little over 100 players during the best days.
    I have seen numerous servers come and go, rise and fall, and played on many servers who offer the FM button and who don't.
    The general trend is those with the button have a higher player base and popularity than those who dont.
    Calling people stubborn, lazy or both for not trying out a change is not a good especially when many players might have played on servers who don't offer this FM warp option and see this function in MapleRoyals as a blessing.

15. Omanyra

Omanyra Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    #Don'tBringTheFmButtonBack

Maybe FM will be used what its really made to do - Trade.
    Not to stay afk all the time or hold hs mules.

Of course this can be hard for people, who never really experienced true Free Market usage.
    But you will understand in a week or two, how we played all those years in GMS without a button.

Btw, the main goal of the MapleRoyals is to keep classic and bring old school nostalgia to the server, right?
    So yea, removing the FM button is the solution.

16. Deanna

Deanna Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ElementStorm
    Level:
    80x
    Guild:
    Gentality
    Back in the day, your right, it was never like that. was full of spammers who do S> @@@@@@, over and over. it was fuuuun. LOL joking, but it was being used for what it's meant to be used for, then everyone went to henesys... good times. even now people just goto kerning and henesys, not many but some. most chill in fm though, cause people are lazy. i think that's the silver lining for getting rid of the button.

17. lichtweltt

lichtweltt Well-Known Member

Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    #BringBackKSWar if u guys wanna make the server gms like OuO

18. SirBacon

SirBacon Member

Country Flag:
    The new source is just a shitshow and with all the good options taken away it shows even more how immature this is. What is wrong with leech payment in FM again? Royals staff, you fucked up bigtime. #OldsourceBestsource.

Tsue, rustygreen, jaydenlim and 3 others like this.
  19. MoriForest

MoriForest Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Do it! Bring back FoG and Coolie ks war! >:D>:D

ButtonDoll likes this.
  20. Omanyra

Omanyra Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I was always thinking "wtf" with the ~mapowner.
    Lets go! KS is ON.

rustygreen, Dre and ButtonDoll like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.