Should spamming be allowed in the FM Entrance?

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Katsuruka, Jun 10, 2014.

?

Should spamming be allowed in the FM Entrance?

1. Yes, it's fine

36.8%
  2. No, it's really annoying

47.0%
  3. No opinion/mixed feelings

16.2%
  1. Sybe

Sybe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sybe
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    Ever had a guy shouting in your ear every 2 secs on the market? Yea I don't think so. They do yell what products they're selling but not every 2 secs. The same should apply here tbh.
    The problem isn't people selling stuff in ch1 fm, which is perfectly acceptable and fine. But the S> <item> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ every 2-3 secs.

Liek likes this.
  2. DemSheddy

DemSheddy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dynancix
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Boobs
    Spamming was never a way to buy and sell items. There is a difference between spamming and buying and selling, which was mentioned in this thread a couple of times. Spamming is repeating your message a couple of times within a few seconds, whereas normal selling and buying is just repeating your message every 5 seconds or so. Notice the difference?
    True. However as I mentioned earlier, this is different from GMS. The CC1 FM has already grown to be a place where people socialize. Royals and GMS are different servers, which will also bring about different so-called "cultures".
    True, but just as I said, the community has already grown to socializing in CC1 FM. It is already a "culture" and no matter how much you hate it or love it, it will be there to stay.
    Let me tell you something: The size of the community is extremely small compared to GMS. It is VERY easy for you to get your message across due to how small the community is here, unlike GMS where you literally had to spam to get your message seen. Due to this difference, spamming in Royals is despised and frowned upon. Filling people's chatbox with @@@@@@@@@@@@@ is annoying, and I am sure you can understand that.
    Well, I was referring to buff events, if that confuses you.

3. bluemoon

bluemoon Well-Known Member

First in all spamming is a way of selling/buying stuff. Spamming will let people know what you are trying to buy/sell, may be unnecessary/inefficient, but it is definitely a means of selling and buying an item. I understand it has been a culture to socialize in fm and it is hard to change that, but not to mention people still use fm ch 1 as spot to do business. Therefore, we should not prohibit any way to do trade.

4. bluemoon

Actually i did, if u ever been in parts of china or even parts of new york, there are some people that shout nonstop trying to sell their food.

5. DemSheddy

DemSheddy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dynancix
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Boobs
    Since you brought up the scenario of people shouting to sell their food, let me try to use it to explain my (and majority of the community's) point.
    Picture a busy street, a night market. There are many people walking in and out of the street, talking about whatever they want to. (These are the normal players)
    But what is a night market without vendors? Then, you picture many vendors, attempting to shout and sell their food. They shout at the top of their voices, trying to entice people into buying their food. They shout repetitively, otherwise they will not be able to make any profit through selling goods and people will be enticed to go to other stores which shout louder. (These are the sellers)

That above scenario is the GMS Free Market.
    Then, let's think of another scenario to describe the Royals FM, shall we not?
    Picture a night market as well. However, think of the night market having less people. Let us say 90% less people in the night market. There are substantially less people compared to the other night market mentioned above. Then, picture say, 2 to 3 vendors only. Due to the substantial lack of voices (from the people walking about), they will easily be able to get their message across and not having to shout repetitively. They can shout every 5 seconds and everyone can hear them due to there being less noise. They also don't have to worry about not making profit because there are only 2 to 3 vendors and people are bound to hear all of them.
    That above scenario is the Royals Free Market.
    I hope that you can understand why spamming (shouting repeatedly) is not needed here.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  6. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

I would like to bring up one obvious point here: spamming was was blocked in GMS. You can easily test this by repeating the exact same thing 4 times in a row in the chatbox:

[​IMG]

This is what happens when you try to say the exact same thing for the 4th time in a row. The way people typically get around this spam block is by varying the number of @s in the message each time. This spam-block has been there in each version of Maple I've played (GMS, EMS and here).

7. Leeuw

Leeuw Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rogue / pOOq
    Level:
    Guild:
    Freaky
    I'm amazed this discussion is still open. Guys, if you want to socialize: Go to Ch2-8 FME, or go to ANY FM Room which is empty. You've got so much alternatives to not see the Ch1 FME spam.
    Can we finally end this?

8. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

Let me ask a straightforward question at this point: is there any way that continuous high-speed spam can be achieved legitimately ingame?

9. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    I believe you can send a message every 1 second(?) as long as the message is different to the previous one.

10. ZeroEXE

ZeroEXE Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, around that. A little faster actually. I just timed myself, and I was able to do 30 lines in about 23 seconds.
    Edit: Voted no initially because the FM has become a place everyone hangs out (cuz of easy access). But if the server grows big enough, it should be allowed.

Ekul likes this.
  11. Jayelia

Jayelia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PIuisje
    Level:
    16X
    Yes and holding a gun to someone's head is a way to sell too. Doesn't mean we should do that too.
    And people can still do trade in FM, only we thing we ask for, and this has been mentioned a lot of times, is a CIVILIZED WAY

Yes and in some countries women get stoned to death because they cheat on someone, lets do that here too!

U now see how stupid those arguments are?

The only reasons ive heard to spamm in this thread are:

Just because i can = Total egocentric *****
    Because people did it in GMS = Just dumb
    Because people do it in real life = WUT??

Why can't we just excist together in fm. We no voters are giving lots of ideas to come to a compromise, but the only thing yes voters say is " Just go away"

Ans really? i guess we can say that too. Just go cc2. It's only one click away, it's still FM and there is nowhere written that Ch1 is the supposed channel to be trade...

Snake, Marty and Virtumonde like this.
  12. Ekul

Ekul Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ekul
    Level:
    Actually, contrary to your post, it is written in pretty much every other post on this thread!

edit: I guess people didn't realize this was a joke. Here is a message for any other readers stating this is a joke. Have a quick fast air flow through the nose and move on!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  13. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

What I think she means is that there is nowhere in Nexon's T&C (or ours) that says you have to use Ch1 FM for buying and selling. Using Ch1 is merely a tradition that has become established over time.

Virtumonde and Jayelia like this.
  14. Chokladkakan

Chokladkakan Web Developer

Apropos of, I remember a time when the place to be for any and all barter or exchange of goods—be it leaves or the coveted red triangular shield—for mesos was the bottommost part of Perion.

Jace, Rob, DemSheddy and 2 others like this.
  15. Jayelia

Jayelia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PIuisje
    Level:
    16X
    This^

16. Marty

Marty Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Linyah
    Level:
    This is the key aspect here. Too bad civilized is A) a relative term and is interpreted differently by all individuals, and B) there's those who are idiotic.

DemSheddy and Virtumonde like this.
  17. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    I've gotten the "Too much chatting" notification even after not saying something for quite a while actually. It's usually when I do ~bosshp, checking it every few minutes maybe, and I still get the notification.

So to be truly nostalgic let's start using channel one Perion to buy and sell goods! This seems to be the predominant logic of those wanting to be continually spammed out in the FM.

18. bluemoon

The questions lies upon whether a player CAN spam not if he should or shouldn't.
    And the only arguments i heard for no spamming in this thread
    Because its a annoying
    Because its a culture dats y we should add all these rulez so ppl can socialize peacefully.
    And i never said cuz gms does it dats why we should do it here, i only said the purpose of fm was to sell and buy stuff read bro.
    Every1's definition for Civilized is different
    "Free market" alrdy tells u this place is meant for trade, not every map's purpose has to be written down u no
    Half of ur no spamming arguments are saying because there are people socializing fm we should do something so people can read up on the chat. Let's say a place was meant for ppl to socialize, and then a group of people moved and decide to hold religious mass everyday, should ban talking at all in that area? This may not be the best comparison, but your practically same thing.

19. Christine

Christine Donator

IGN:
    2spoop-e4u
    Guild:
    fruits inc
    How is it supposed to get to that point if we're going to start punishing players for spamming?

The ~maya command completely died out within a few posts. Why is everyone so adamant about using the FM as a hub when starting a new trend is just as good of a solution as any. People are arguing that the whole insta-warp is what makes the FM a 'hub', ~maya would do just the same thing minus the spam.

20. bluemoon

I don't think this was to preventing spamming more like to prevent saying the same thing over again. Cuz if this system was to prevent spamming, we would be able to say the same line over a period of time, which in gms wasn't the case.