Vote Abuse

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Dustin, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Dongerino

Dongerino Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Donger
    this is not gonna make royals not as fun anymore. The reason we play private servers is to have a lot of nx to play with. Some people play this server cuz it gives huge amounts of nx (useto) but now, i dont have much encouragement to go on since nx is a huge part of making this game fun. Oh well, i tried....

2. Mobilat

Mobilat Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mobilat
    Guild:
    Aurora
    What exactly will this solve?

3. Rob

Rob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Robb
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    Ummm... You've never been able to get "huge amounts of nx" unless you bossed religiously. If you were voting on multiple accounts for more NX than that is vote abusing, which has always been banable.

And maybe for you it's about having large amounts of NX, but that doesn't mean everyone feels the same way. I agree that it's fun to play around with NX, but most people use it to make money, and more NX means more money. So those who receive more NX, legitimately or not, have a competitive advantage over those who receive less.

This rule only changes things for people who have multiple people playing in one household.

Kudos and Sila like this.
  4. Sofiya

Sofiya Active Member

[​IMG]

Somebody give this man a medal.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    Geox likes this.
  5. Nozphex

Nozphex Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nozphex
    Level:
    Guild:
    Shinobi
    Wait..

So now if i vote on my house and my girlfriend vote in her house and then comes a day to play together at my home we can get banned because you guys can see 2 accounts who votes in 24h using different ip playing at same ip some days..

thats not really fair...

I hope no offense but if you offer a service for those who love to play this game .. you should think better about it ..

many people play this game and kept playing it just to play in groups with family, friends or couples ..
    I say this because I meet with my cousins ​​to play at least 1 time per week in the same house (same ip + different accounts already voted on different ip)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    Bella likes this.
  6. Impactive

Impactive Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Impactive
    Guild:
    Infinity
    Same question in regards to LAN party scenario?

Bella likes this.
  7. eggs

eggs Member

Country Flag:
    To the GM's:
    I play MapleRoyals with 3 of my brothers in the same household and feel that this rule is unfair to those who ACTUALLY have multiple people playing in the same house. Instead of punishing people who vote multiple times in the same house maybe there should be a system where people can somewhat prove that they live and play together with other siblings. For example, maybe sending a .jpg of ID's or something? Then if the number of votes per IP address exceeds your recorded # of players per household, bans will be made.

MapleRoyals is supposed to be a fun private server, adding too many rules like these just takes away from the point of the game.

I know you guys have put a lot of thought into this rule but I SERIOUSLY ask you to reconsider because everyone is an individual and each individual should have equal opportunity at growing in the game.

No disrespect to any of the GMs or leaders of MapleRoyals!

Thanks,
    Eggs

Martyr, Minun, Nozphex and 3 others like this.
  8. Manslut

Manslut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ManSIut
    Level:
    nib
    Guild:
    MANLOVE
    All hail the lonely basement dwellers
    [​IMG]

Wait, that's me...

Minun, Tentomon, SAKI and 3 others like this.
  9. Dustin

Dustin Donator

Country Flag:
    This is exactly what I've been doing, and it's exactly the reason why it isn't plausible anymore. Even if I try my hardest, there is no way anyone will be able to prove they're multiple people in it's entirety. Sure, asking for a ID or photo is at least an indication of it being all fair but would you take the time to try to keep a couple families happy, while also taking the risk that some of them may be untruthful? Your answer might be yes, because it was mine too at the beginning, but please consider the huge increase this server has gone through. Not only has it become extremely hard to keep track of people's situations; the risk of abuse is getting bigger as well.

Like I said before, I would have not suggested to change this rule had I not felt this is absolutely necessary. I would much rather have everyone be able to vote just once every day without me having to patrol everyone. Blame 3G phones and proxies for killing that dream.

I cannot keep track of everyone's home situation. It's the reality and everyone will have to adjust to that reality. This is the most fair it can be for everyone, until we come up with a new system of obtaining NX (if and when we ever do that).

TL:DR give me a break guys. Make some conpromises and everyone will be happy.

Edit: Regarding the question about having other people come over while they vote at their own homes; this should be okay. Make sure you don't use each other's computers then. If they bring their own laptop and don't use anyone else's, my system should not catch them. (Apologies beforehand if I do happen to make a mistake in the future. I'm sure the situation will eventually be dealt with.)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    Manslut, Daniel and Sofiya like this.
  10. rxdking

rxdking Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    osamaobama
    Level:
    Guild:
    queens
    what if their laptop is connected to your Wifi?
    orelse how will they play

11. Annarkie

Annarkie Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Annarkie
    *Moved my question to the Support Forums instead of asking here.*

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  12. eggs

eggs Member

Country Flag:
    This rule however disadvantages those who have multiple players under 1 household in order to secure the risk of potential abusers. It sacrifices equal opportunity for individuals whereas without the rule you risk offering an advantage to some abusers. I feel that risking players getting a higher advantage is more morally correct than disadvantaging any of the players at all. In other words, it is better for people to benefit too much from a risk than to disadvantage anyone in order to secure the risk.

I hope you get what I mean, it might be a little confusing to understand but it sounds the most morally right in my mind and for the record my brothers and I are definitely willing to compromise with the new rule, but I still wanna point this out for others who are being disadvantaged by it.

Again, I respect your hard work and final decision and am sincerely grateful for the free private server you guys run, but I really do feel the morality on this rule is off. We're sacrificing equality for security and we shouldn't be.

I mean everything I just said with the utmost respect to whoever reads it! Don't take it the wrong way!

Eggs

13. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    There is a way which would likely solve all the problems (Which I am surprised nobody has suggested yet). This is to make NX be basically not abusable. To do this we would need to make all cash shop items untradable. This would however leave one item left which could be abusable... Gachapon tickets. Although we would likely be able to implement a system to sort that bit out. However we would obviously need to implement a working cash shop inventory to allow accounts to still be able to transfer NX to their other characters.

Swag and Nozphex like this.
  14. Sofiya

Sofiya Active Member

Please don't do that.

15. Nozphex

Nozphex Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nozphex
    Level:
    Guild:
    Shinobi
    would be very difficult for you to set some kind of definitive blocking ip for vote to all accounts that are registered from the same IP within 24 hours?
    example .. are 3 pc
    1 pc takes a vote on one ip and that ip is regularly used by that account ..
    automatically all other accounts that have used that IP are blocked to vote for 24h
    so .. if any of the other accounts (using the same IP to play regularly) tries vote from another IP cant vote at all.

basically its the same 24h time delay but registered for all the accounts using one most used ip and not the ip used from the user's browser.

16. GriZ

GriZ Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MidN
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    8k nx is about 16M/day for doing nothing.

The reason we play this server is to have competitive nostalgic experiance.

If you want lot of nx to play with just go in a high rate server where there's ton of nx

Sofiya, Nozphex and Revan like this.
  17. Revan

Revan Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RevanOn3r
    Level:
    86*
    If you voted once a day, you'd have 240,000 NX in 1 month. That's plenty in my opinion....el nervio ~f7

Most people (from what I see) play this server for the nostalgic experience (which means sentimental/homesick) MapleStory lost after the Big Ban patch. Is NX an incentive? Absolutely, I'm going to vote for the server to be rewarded with NX (I'd do it for free). An amount higher than what they have will quickly add up.

I remember some players having 1,000,000 NX points in my server and they stopped voting. One player honestly came forward and suggested I change the reward for voting so people continue to vote.

Votes = server growth. Server growth = more fun.

I do hope this didn't come off as condescending. Understand that people pay money out of their own pockets so you can play (for free)...only to have people complain. How would you feel in their shoes? I'd feel unappreciated.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    Sofiya likes this.
  18. dandanishawt

dandanishawt Member

Imo I think it'd be best to make nx untradable, there's not much wrong things I see about that happening. The most high in demand item to sell as nx are TP rocks and AP resets, make those items untradable and bam... there wont be a problem about people abusing the system to make easy cash on 51241 accounts every 24 hours. Sure we need ap resets for hp washing but we seriously need to think about everyone else living with other members. This is the best it can be, its just my opinion. HP washing isn't a requirement, its just helpful for bossing. This is nostalgic maplestory, not a lot of people were rich to hp wash themselves.

tldr dont need hp wash or fast teleportation.

19. dandanishawt

dandanishawt Member

As for gach tickets. we can limit buying them only 2 or 3 times a day and let them stack

20. Daniel

Daniel Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    KingCrimson
    Level:
    14x
    Guild:
    Lubs

I agree that most people seem to forget that HP washing is a luxury, not a requirement. However, making AP resets untradeable will give the older players an unfair advantage over newer players.

Tentomon, GriZ, Katsuruka and 4 others like this.