yikes.

Discussion in 'Introductions and Farewells' started by Charlie, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sarcastic
    Level:
    I don't even know where to begin with this, honestly. I was thinking of not even writing anything at all here since it seems that people are pretty done with my dumbass, but I feel like some people deserve an explanation & I know people love some spicy shit to read, I guess.

So there was a decently prolific scammer (at least I thought he was) that was playing this game going by the handles "CuteLOLLY" "Fruistyle" or "Eddasaurus" just to name a few. For anyone unaware, this user would smega saying something along the lines of "S> 4 attack PGC for cheap" then would undercprice said capes by 100m & whoever could get it out of the 3 people that showed up first would get it, except the other 2 people were himself & the cape was usually chaos'd down to 0 attack. So he scammed at least 20 people to my knowledge, it was probably more. But according to @John this was on the 20+ people that were deceived into buying those capes with stats advertised differently & that they should check the stats of an item before buying. So this guy got off scot-free for weeks pulling the same shit. The guy eventually got permanently banned for something else & I left a pretty nasty & passive aggressive response to his ban appeal because I thought he deserved every word I said.

I remember probably around the time that I started as an intern @Rob linked something from the library of a mob that dropped some insane gear, one of the drops being a pink gaia cape. So I basically went & spawned a few of these mobs, snagged some 4 attack capes & began paying back some of the people that got scammed by this asshole without the knowledge of the Admins / other staff members. I'm not going to name any names so that I don't incriminate you or drag you into this, but you know who you are.

I guess that's where my good intentions went bad & realized I could very easily just sell these capes in my shop & no one would think twice that anything was up. No one knew what I was doing other than a few people that commented in my shop about how many I had been selling. (I was getting more shit done on the forums than before because I wasn't actively working on doing anything in the game for myself.) It's actually pretty silly because I didn't even need the mesos, I already had everything I needed from all of the hard work I put into my character just to lose it like that, oh whale. I guess in the end I was just bored of the game & had nothing else to do. Basically just had to finish the earrings I had which just seemed like hours of my life to be wasted just to wait for Horntail & then never get anywhere past what I had because it takes ungodly amounts of hours.

Also one spiteful comment before I dip for good, I don't think that some of the GMs should even be GMs in the first place considering how inactive they are. It's pretty pathetic how backed up the character issues section was before I purged ~18 pages of it & the report section having ~44 pages worth of shit backed up with no response to which I was going through & had about ~4 pages done before getting banned & my GM privileges revoked. If you are going to apply to become a GM, fucking do your part & don't skip over shit because you don't want to do it, we can see that you visited the page. Your game is going to be pretty riddled with hackers until the auto ban system is actually working considering the amount of times I have seen a majority of you log on while I was on, which was VERY close to zero.

With all of that said, I just want to sincerely apologize from the bottom of my heart. I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone & I deeply regret any damage I might have done to the economy, to the staff's image, or the few people that I banned for no reason, you all probably needed a bit of a break from the game anyways. Also to anyone that I told differently about how I came about the capes that I had / was selling. I really loved helping as many of you out, I hope I made your MapleRoyal's life a bit easier when I was around. Also if anyone wants to actually take over / maintain my price guide that I cannot possibly update since I am permanently banned from the game, I can revert it back to where it was & you can spend 300m a week on owls keeping it nice.

There wasn't one person I met on here that I didn't enjoy & couldn't hold a conversation with (maybe other than the CuteLOLLY fuck face). & just wanted to say that I loved this server & I loved all of you. Bye-bye for now homies. o/

TL ; DR I am Robin Hood.

kinny, Dann, GrEEeNN and 115 others like this.
  2. LilNoddy

LilNoddy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GosuNoddy
    Je_suis_Charlie.svg.png

David2016 likes this.
  3. Aerith

Aerith Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mitsuko
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Just gonna say what I feel here;

You were shaping up to be my favourite GM even though I never spoke to you, the way you were really informal and nice on your ban appeal posts was awesome to see. I, like many people, are probably a lot more disappointed than mad at you.

Also, since you were dealing with a price guide you should've known spawning 4 att pgc out of nowhere is a bad bad move, you are artificially deflating an already volatile market (even though 4att pgcs aren't super rare, they still hold their value because it's not common to get one). Can't comment on anything else because I don't know about the situation with the GMs etc.

Looks like the king did go in the same box as the pawn in your case :|

Mrkaren, Eli, Experience and 6 others like this.
  4. elionel

elionel Donator

Country Flag:
    Error Message.png

On a more serious note, thanks for your time/effort and especially for the price guide !
    Dick move on randomly banning people though.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  5. Kivin

Kivin Donator

Country Flag:
    Considering that I basically went cold turkey on this game around February of 2017 while still being a GM intern, I guess I may not be the 'right' or the most suitable person to comment. I also haven't been actively in touch with this community in a while, save the occasional forum reading and Discord chatting. Furthermore, I haven't been in-game to really know who you are, or what kind of positive impacts you've had on players, although from what I've heard and read many people really liked you.

That said, I do have a problem with your apology towards the end. You undermined your own "sincere apology" by stating shortly after that the people you banned probably needed a break anyway, and also by adding in a sarcastic manner the amount of money it would take to maintain the price guide, as if almost to justify part of your actions in selling illegitimate capes. You don't have to feel inclined to apologize to the community if you truly feel that what you did was right. Apologizing in this manner is, to me at least, not very sincere at all and instead feels like another lash at this game/community.

I also think you comparing yourself to Robin Hood was cringey, because there are many other ways to bring about 'justice' in this game than to abuse your power as a GM which you were entrusted with. There's an example with @Nessi where he intentionally scammed a scammer, which wasn't the perfect moral solution but nevertheless is much better than this.

That's all I had to say, and since I'm an irrelevant voice in this game now I'll stop here. Although I commented in a negative manner, as I said earlier I don't really know you as a person and I'm sure many people appreciated you for a reason.

Jace, mrkaitou, Kentavious and 8 others like this.
  6. Derrxck

Derrxck Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Derrxck
    Level:
    Nice guys finish last.i also seen that fucker scamming people for their money but hey the other GM's are too shit at their job to actually notice it..Thank you for your services Charlie.#CharlieBestGm2017

mskingpro, DeJia, GoToHeal and 2 others like this.
  7. Charlie

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sarcastic
    Level:
    This was not my intention. I just want whoever wants to take over my price guide the expectations of it. (If anyone wants to at all)

GoToHeal and Goku like this.
  8. YSOGREEN

YSOGREEN Well-Known Member

IGN:
    YSOGREEN
    i thought that u needed a lot more break from the game than i do.

Looking through the forum almost everyday, i honestly think that u are one of the most dedicated GM in this game. 80% of the time when i check on the forum, u are either online, on shoutbox helping others or replying to threads on the character issue section. The endless list of things that u contribute in this game sometimes makes me wonder; who are u doing it for when your teammates dont even care?

Im glad that u have made your decision to leave but i wished that u didnt abuse your power by farming pgcs.

Best of luck in your future endeavours!

if only i knew that the scammer's name was CuteLOLLY, i would have definitely scam him when i was selling him leech ~f8

HuaiEn, mrkaitou, Kentavious and 11 others like this.
  9. Brad Dhanpaul

Brad Dhanpaul Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CallMeBrad
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fatality
    Giving my respect: F

Slurps and NamerUse like this.
  10. r4redemption

r4redemption Member

Country Flag:
    We'll miss you charlie. you've always been close to the community and active on your duty. Hate to see you go like this.

11. Nessi

Nessi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LuckyLook
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Fryslan
    Despite what you gave to the community and your help you would always be remembered as the bad gm who abused his powers , was it really worth it ? Good luck on your future endeavors .

12. NamerUse

NamerUse Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    NamerUse
    Level:
    yes
    Guild:
    ✵Raven✵
    F

ginwolf likes this.
  13. Clematis

Clematis Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Polyanthus
    Level:
    Guild:
    Everyday
    U are still one of the best gm in my mind
    Thanks a lot and take care

GoToHeal, nany625 and David2016 like this.
  14. imangela

imangela Well-Known Member

Bye Charlie, take care. Sad to see a dedicated staff member go, and in this way especially.
    This is concerning. You are probably the only gm I knew that was frequently online (considering different timezones and all) and would constantly help players in game and in the forum chat. Now I don't know who'll respond to all the cries for a gm in smegas :( or in the shoutbox. (even though you're not supposed to ask for a gm in the shoutbox.)

15. Zenoooo

Zenoooo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jan 2015
    Level:
    -
    Guild:
    Oct 2017
    Just wanna know did u ban me :eek:? Uninstalled royals a while ago and don't wanna check myself

David2016 likes this.
  16. MayCookies

MayCookies Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Goed
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I wasn't going to comment, but I just have to let it out.
    From the moment you got promoted to GM intern, you were vigorously working to help and improve our community. Both as a GM and as a community member (with your very well maintained price guide), you spent countless hours helping people out, and did it with much grace and patience which always impressed me.
    I thought so highly of you and didn't neglect to mention it in every forum possible, whether while talking to friends or other staff members, or even to randoms on the shoutbox (so much that I felt the need to tell you that personally not long after you got promoted). I always praised you as the most active GM and one of the most professional ones, and regardless I liked you as a person; you were never stuck up and you're funny and fun to talk to. If I was asked to pick a staff member who I thought could or might abuse their power, your name wouldn't even cross my mind briefly.
    So to hear that you, you of all people, chose to not only fund your legits using your GM, but also ban people you disliked on your way out as some sort of revenge or for the sake of making a statement - it took me many many hours to proccess and perceive , and I'm still not entirely there.
    Why, Charlie? Why is this the path you chose to take? You could have done it in so many other ways. Instead of picking Robin Hood as a rolemodel (which btw unlike you was poor himself and had nothing to lose), you could have picked J.K. Rowling, which donated a great amount of her wealth to charity and to help others how she could. And that's just one example of how you could have helped those people without throwing morals aside. But you know what, even if you did abuse your powers to help them, if you had just left it at that, maybe I would have understood and forgave you. But you didn't. You let greed control you to get funds you didn't even need.
    Anyway, I know we don't know each other very well, and haven't talked more than a few times in the past. But as a community member I feel obligated to let you know how disappointed I am, and also to thank you for all you have done for the server's sake and wish you all the best in the future.

wixobigil123, lyzeki, Gopher and 20 others like this.
  17. Charlie

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sarcastic
    Level:

I want to make it clear that I didn't fund myself with the stuff that I got, I already had everything I wanted. I even made all of my untradeables other than my face accessory prior to any of this happening. So I don't think it was greed but rather a need for a permanent break as I didn't want to just step down as a GM as that wasn't enough & the people that got scammed without compensation didn't sit well with me. So that's the totally unjustified reasoning behind why I did what I did.

Edit: I guess I was just waiting for an admin to see that I had what I had on my account(s) & someone did. I really don't know honestly.

Johnny, Tardex, Kentavious and 4 others like this.
  18. MayCookies

MayCookies Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Goed
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    If you wanted to quit or take a break and didn't want to leave these people without helping them out - why didn't you just give them money or items from your legit?

"I didn't fund myself with the stuff I got"
    If you needed a break, that was literally the worst way to do it. You only thought about yourself when you should have thought of all the people who looked up to you, trusted you, befriended you.
    I know it makes no difference now, but I wish you'd done things differently.

19. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Privateer
    If I have wrong or offended you, I’m sorry. :(

20. shanglelxd

shanglelxd Donator

Country Flag:
    you will always be my trihaed charlie, i love you

David2016 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.