Wipe? Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xmetallica21, Mar 1, 2018.

?

How would you feel if Royals had a wipe?

This poll will close on Mar 1, 2028 at 9:53 AM.
  1. I think this would be great

2. It would be a great idea but only during specific circumstances (list below)

3. I wouldn't mind it

4. I think this would be bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Eterny

Eterny Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Eterny
    Wip would be discouraging. I think creating another world with some different things more viable, such as not having to wash HP.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    # W I P E H Y P E 2 0 1 8

xmetallica21 and auntjaemima like this.
  3. BlizzBoss

BlizzBoss Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BlizzBoss
    Level:
    Guild:
    Addicted
    I would 100% QUIT. Established players don't have an unfair advantage. They started early and spent the time to make a bishop/arch mule and fund it as well as their main so they deserve to be where they are at. It is fun to make a new character but not when you have to spend hours farming meso so you can wash it first.

4. ImJakeFromStateFarm

ImJakeFromStateFarm Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OvaryActing
    Level:
    Guild:
    Impurity
  5. vvisord

vvisord Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    VVISORD
    Level:
    Guild:
    n/a
    This is just my personal, humble opinion. I personally wouldn't mind a server wipe, since I have pretty much nothing to lose, but it wouldn't give the server a fresh start at all. Many established, important members and staff would certainly quit and that would make the game much less fun, and it would be disastrous to the server. I'm not sure even the forums would survive a blow like that, even though many forum members already don't even play the game. As for the economy, I don't see how it's so bad right now, as I've seen some seem to believe. I primarily grind/gach to get all my stuff (except scrolls sometimes and more uncommon items if I don't feel like grinding to earn them myself) and so the economy isn't so important to me anyways; the only reason I'm funded actually is because I sell AP resets sometimes because I never spend my voting NX. The game, though unstable at times, is just fine for me. I've never complained, but rather I've tried to be patient and understanding with/of the faults of server management, especially with several staff leaving recently and such positions being so difficult to refill, as they have to be trusted with several important tasks that, if in the wrong hands, could only degrade the server even further. So, to answer your question, it would be fine by me, but awful for the server. However, opening a new world might not be very good either, since there's like only 1000 or so active players at any given time, which I think is fairly small for a game like this, and doesn't warrant opening a new world. Though I guess that would be much preferred over a wipe. Speaking of wiping, I went to a car wash today and it didn't even dry me off! What a fiicking joke! I've never experienced a car wash that just lacks a drying feature. It's ridiculous! Do you know what water spots can do to a car's health? I don't either! It's a pretty large minivan, and I had to wipe the whole thing off with a towel when I got home, just as it started fiicking snowing. Pissed. Off.

its bad

Kibito likes this.
  6. Kristian

Kristian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    poopa
    Level:
    I imagine that a lot of people will be totally fine with losing what they’ve gotten in up to four years. Jk. If this was proposed 2-3 months after a server startup it would be something I could get behind, but considering that this version of MR had been going for over 4 years it is simply too late. A reset could potentionally kill the server lol

7. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    I'd quit only if my closest friends quit. I honestly don't mind losing all my money or all my gear. It's just something I made a hobby out of. My real love is spending time with the community. When my friends and the people I like seeing on shoutbox day in and day out leave, I'll just leave too. Nothing worth staying for then.

I'm really curious though, and pardon if this is somewhat off topic. I see this sentiment every now and then but I truly don't understand it, so if someone can weigh in on the below, thank you!

It greatly puzzles me why newer players compare themselves to players who have been playing for years and say that they, the newer players, are at a disadvantage. Because in reality, it was the veteran players who were at a disadvantage. There are guides upon guides on these forums, guides as in written threads on just about every topic and guides as in people who have the experience to get people off to the best start possible. Hardly anyone in 2014 had HP washed and many of the early level 200s can't even HT without HB. There were no scroll price guides back then, much less two. For that matter, most of the guides published then and still used today were done by one person, Plenty. So the wealth of information players have now is leaps and bounds more than what veteran players had when they were new.

Getting funded now compared to even two years ago, much less four years ago, is extremely easy. A level 120 bishop can make 80m an hour minimum with low level leech. It was 40m an hour two years ago, and four years ago, no one was even buying low level leech because everyone was poor and grinding those levels anyway. Selling endgame leech now, 1 hit petri split, for 150m an hour also means that even with these 500m White Scroll and Chaos Scroll rates, and 16m AP Reset rates, that it takes less time to get the same White Scrolls, Chaos, Scrolls, and AP Resets than it did two years ago when these things were stable.

New Source (2018)
    150m an hour (1 hit petri split leech)
    500m WS/CS: 0.3 WS/CS per hour
    16m AP Reset: 9.375 AP Resets per hour

Old Source (2016)
    80m an hour (goby farming with SI)
    300m WS/CS: 0.2666 WS/CS per hour
    10m AP Resets: 8 AP Resets per hour

And 1 hit petri is easier than ever before because Blizzard and Meteor Shower were buffed in 2017, so it takes even less startup funding to be able to sell this 150m an hour leech.

I fully understand that people are overwhelmed seeing that endgame items cost multiple billions. I distinctly remember how insane 1b meso sounded to me when I was new. I could hardly believe it when I first saw 2b in my inventory.

But when you play for a long time, you come to realize that money is just a matter of time. You have to put in the hours of effort to make it, but you amass vast wealth as long as you're dedicated.

Veteran players just have more because we've been playing so long.

But it's actually the newer players that objectively have the advantage. :p

8. nany625

nany625 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nany625
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Dre likes this.
  9. Auditore

Auditore Member

make ap reset cheaper or remove hp washing ,so most ppl will consider playing the class they most enjoy from the beginning and new players wont hesitate to join this server even though this server has been released for years. NPCs selling ap reset is a good ideal , GMs can adjust the price if needed. As long as you dont do anything to change the current situation ,the new server wont be any different compared to this one,maybe you guys just wanna make more $$?

10. Masqueradia

Masqueradia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Astroiogian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valiant
    I'm personally against having a wipe as I do not like investing my time in a game that will be restarted from scratch. It would be a different story if the game was to just shut down, cause then I can say, "bye and thank you for the great times," instead of "shit, I have to restart all over again?" I love the community here but I think I'd lose a lot of motivation to play if I have to restart :(

I've experienced a server that kept getting wiped and restarted. ElliniaMS was wiped and the owner made a new server, exactly like it, called KhainiMS, then wiped that and made OssyriaMS. They lost most of their player base on the first wipe :/

I'd much rather have a new world installed or a completely new server next to this current one instead of having all my progress wiped.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    xmetallica21 likes this.
  11. neet

neet Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    greentoilet
    Level:
    As a new player that started I think 10 days ago I don't feel as if I'm at a disadvantage economy wise. I get the same daily NX as everyone else, I have veterans paying tons of dosh for my zombie teeth because they can. The money finds it way to the bottom as well when you slowly figure out what the people at the top want/need for their own godly equips.

The only thing that sometimes worries me about a longstanding server is that I don't really know the pqs and boss tactics while others are seemingly in constant speedrun mode. Other players might get annoyed if it's just me slowing down the run. Especially right now when I'm trying to do the intimidating genesis quest line and can't play the sololife anymore.

Kentavious likes this.
  12. Dillinger

Dillinger Well-Known Member

Yup and in 5 years time, (if royals is still operating) someone else makes this exact thread..then you'll be like 'FK NO'. Sorry but it's always the same case with new players, they want to be on an equal level playing field but that would be unfair to the players who invested their time already playing before. The only time a whole server wipe would be justified is if the server got drastically rekt by mass duping or meso generating and could not be undone, which probably could be undone so yeah it's not going to happen. I will say though, the likeliest wipe that would happen will be from Nexon.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  13. zSmoke

zSmoke Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Cybersmoke
    I'd quit and go on to become overlord of Earth. Coz the amount of frustration that a wipe would give me would leave me with a bottomless pit of rage and energy that I may as well go on and do something extremely productive. So in a way, a wipe would be good, partially, coz I'd be ruler of the world, but you'd be my slaves, I dunno if anyone wants that.

14. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    I propose the Royals' Law (i.e. reductio ad Royals): All threads in MapleRoyals inevitably and invariably devolve into a debate about HP washing if left alone long enough without a forum moderator to keep things on topic

15. bluemoon

bluemoon Well-Known Member

If sentimental values and progression is not a concern in every1's belt I'm fairly sure most people will agree with wipe. In all honestly while I don't play as hardcore as prob 99% of the server, but as a person that joined since peak time was around 400 rather than like 1.5k now, white scrolls and leech literally destroy the game. The economy is crap, people are hardcore about boss requirements, etc. IMO nostalgic maplestory v62 experience should not revolve around hardcore endless grind, obviously getting better gear and progression should be possible, but a true meaning and nostalgic maplestory for progress should solely and purely of luck. Reaching any sort of end game gear from perf wep to high chaos att equips should be purely of luck, which sadly isn't the case anymore. Remove leeching altogether and the amount of mesos in the server can greatly improve the market price tbh. The economy of the market basically went on a downhill since more people joined.