How do you feel about the nerf to summon farming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akash, Dec 13, 2018.

?

Do you like the fact that pets can no longer loot items from monsters killed by summons?

1. yes

173 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. no

162 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. akash

akash Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    zate
    Level:
    Guild:
    none
    In the newest patch, our pets will no longer loot items that monsters drop when killed by summons.

Basically, you can no longer "AFK" farm. It's going to make the price of heartstoppers rise, along with other summon farmed consumables including possibly gold zombie teeth.

Of course there will be positive impacts to the server, like people who actually want to farm voodoos being able to find a map, and it will curve some of the meso generation in the server.

Overall though, I think that it was somewhat unfair for staff to just throw it on us without any warning, but it is what it is.

Adam0193, Piffy, Shnang and 4 others like this.
  2. EeveeTheFox

EeveeTheFox Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EeveeTheFoxX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Liquorstore
    I'm fairly new to the stopper farming group but from my perspective it feels like GMs got a large amount of reports about people botting(as we know not all those reports are accurate) and just didn't want to deal with it anymore so this was implemented. As you mentioned, its kinda crazy how this was just slapped in there as every other QoL change has been talked about extensively on the forums.

3. nosebleed

nosebleed Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I agree with the concept/idea but not how it was implemented (without player discussion or notice).

4. -Tommy-

-Tommy- Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Valhalla
    Disaster, so many feedbacks regards the botters blocking system or w.e and they decided to get rid of the legit farmers anyways. -Claps-

All the time and effort we spent on leveling those mules just went down to drain.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    iSaind, StrickBan, Nemo and 9 others like this.
  5. Venin

Venin Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    GMs, Staff, Developers and Admins, you have all the time to ask us about Buccanear feedback, GPQ feedback, Paladin feedback but not this kind of feedback? I don't git it? Could we players at least have some words from any of you as to why you made this decision?

eugenekhor, iSaind, Ditz and 18 others like this.
  6. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    This will further favor NLs as the price of att potions increase. Please nerf NL's alchemist and I personally don't mind this nerf although I have 5 afk farming mules :p

TheKing, Tardex and NTR like this.
  7. Credits

Credits Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Credits
    Level:
    No doubt those that invested in farming mules would be strongly against it but over time this will be a thing of the past. However, as a player that does not afk farm, I do feel sympathy for those that do. A compensation from the staff of some sort would be satisfactory such as buffing the droprates.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  8. Luna

Luna Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    deLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    The afk summon farming aspect of this game has always been a problem raised by players. We simply eliminated the option of alt tabbing buffs off screen, and encourage players to be more active at looking at their screens to loot the items after every cycle of buffs.

This will avoid a lot of issues with players being wrongfully banned for not noticing their screen as botting. Botters will be far more easily recognizable and obvious.

There is no change in the afk farming aspect as you are still able to afk farm off screen, and only re buff and look at your screen and loot every couple minutes on your mules. Just keep an eye on your screen and all is gucci. The huge price increase is just to be expected from the opportunists taking advantage of the exaggerated effects.

We will have many upcoming ways to farm attack potions through gpq to promote a more healthy way of farming attack potions while participating in the game actively, which would put market supply to where it originally was, or even lower it like apples from apq. So, many other ways to farm stoppers will come soon, don’t get tricked by people selling at these high prices.

P.s. Also, I was under the impression that the popular opinion is that afk farming is a ridiculous gameplay

ginwolf, Yun, DutchyGuy and 30 others like this.
  9. AhLiGaddo

AhLiGaddo Well-Known Member

Jooon likes this.
  10. EeveeTheFox

EeveeTheFox Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EeveeTheFoxX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Liquorstore
    I think one of the main issues was this change wasn't talked about very much and most people didn't think this would happen. Staff didn't really make any effort to ask the community about it in forums so people are pissed they had no input.

Venin and nyannko777 like this.
  11. A l l a n

A l l a n Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sadmickey
    Level:
    It's kinda going against the purpose of "item pouch" and "meso magnet". It's like there's no point of having them anymore. Admins suppose to deal with the multi-client thing instead of changing this pet loot thing. Also, this isn't defining the meaning of "Nostalgic". I don't remember playing v82 having the "item pouch" not looting items, even by summons.

12. Yan

Yan Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    Your pet will still loot items killed by other skills, why is there no point in having them?

Alstero, Nessi, ginwolf and 17 others like this.
  13. Venin

Venin Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I do agree it's stupid gameplay. Absolutely. But a huge change like this I believe still need the players to have some say in it before anything happens don't you think? I don't own special chairs at all but this is similar to the chair gachapon that happened last year where players who hold valuable chairs instantly lost its value without any prior notice. It's just so unfair to us.

Kentavious, Myoni and nyannko777 like this.
  14. A l l a n

A l l a n Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sadmickey
    Level:
    okay i'll take that back but even "meso magnet" doesn't work? o.o

15. Luna

Luna Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    deLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    On the contrary, I think we have had plenty of players raising concerns about this afk farming aspect of the game. I’ve been hearing this since new source and I myself am surprised that the dev team is willing to make this change. Which means they are not afraid of changing old gameplay, game t&c and class balances if it is truly good and makes sense for the server contrary to what most players think.

Joong, NTR and KWJ like this.
  16. nyannko777

nyannko777 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nyanpasu77
    Level:
    Guild:
    KumaFarm
    Items dropped by mobs that are killed by summons will no longer be lootable by pets.
    • NOTE: This change has been made to reduce the effectiveness of summon botting.
    Why do we feel dissatisfied because of the bad players ? and How about decreased vote points because of the vote abusers in the future ~f3

2ScoopRice and -Tommy- like this.
  17. EeveeTheFox

EeveeTheFox Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EeveeTheFoxX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Liquorstore
    From all my forum browsing the only time ive seen issues with it was when people were mad they couldn't get a map(usually to farm themselves). Sure afk farming is easy gold but in my mind it was always justified by having to create a summon character, level them to about 130 and having to do all the quests for said summon. That takes alot of time. Also it was justified by the simple fact that AFK farming is MUCH worse gold income than something like leeching. But I'll stop with that.
    Another issue is the soon to be lack of easily accessible attack potions. You mentioned "We will have many upcoming ways to farm attack potions through gpq to promote a more healthy way of farming attack potions while participating in the game actively" but when? For now we lost access to said attack pots while everyone is selling at ridiculous prices.

Fatlip likes this.
  18. Luna

Luna Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    deLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Honestly, I was expecting this but I would just like to remind everyone else that despite the tone of some straw man argument that might appear here, this is a change for the good, and you do not have to worry about prices and gameplay changes because it is really just a minor change. Nothing much has changed if you think about it long enough. Please look forward to more balancing and changes that will make this server more engaging and fair to all players.

P.s. the high prices are just hoarders taking advantage of the situation like in all cases after a patch. The market supply remains the same, the rate of stopper farming remains the same. There is no nerf to stopper drop rate. Therefore, my personal advice is just wait a little while and the prices will stabilize. Just a little market over reaction, it is absolutely normal, nothing to worry about.

neverIucky, Ray, TheKing and 5 others like this.
  19. Ghostie

Ghostie Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ghostie
    Level:
    This is actually a more correct way getting attack pots.
    It is just that it is too sudden and every1 is taken aback by this news.
    I even spent the past week to bring my FP mage to 140 to max elquines and have only farmed 300 HS myself ...
    it's not as paining for those who sold all their stoppers on a daily basis thou.

But it's all for the better in the long run :-/

Catalyst, Ray, Shnang and 4 others like this.
  20. Exenet

Exenet Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dayservant
    I believe the community has raised the afk farming issue in one way or another and summon farming won't just "die" because of this change. Just made less convenient due to requiring manual loot. Paying attention to the screen more now before drops disappear or randoms stealing them is a design change that makes more sense in the long run.

I personally think its a good call by staff on this one.

Riv, Trunks, Ray and 13 others like this.