How do you feel about the nerf to summon farming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akash, Dec 13, 2018.

?

Do you like the fact that pets can no longer loot items from monsters killed by summons?

1. yes

173 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. no

162 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. trunghieu94

trunghieu94 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Item disappear after 3mins, mages summons (160sec = 2mins and 40sec), resummon and pick up, how lazy are you? lmao

ginwolf, Haiya and Pwimo like this.
  2. Doge

Doge Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HotDoge
    Level:
    Guild:
    PlayBoys
    Good to see GM's are taking action. There was a post about people complaining on people who'd be multiclienting on the servers. This would mean they'd use some of their mules in order to farm by, taking over most of the channels, which would take less time to harvest than the usual, and this would penalize the players who wish to farm too but with a single character instead. Exploits aren't amusing as they make the game way too easy and unchallenging. We shouldn't encourage those types of epxloits as it is already easy enough to make mesos in this game.

ginwolf, Kung and NTR like this.
  3. FireHeart

FireHeart Donator

Country Flag:
    I wonder if part of the reason for this change was simply that the staff wanted to put an end to the eternal struggle of policing summon farming.

Personally, though I like that this change rewards players more for actual gameplay as opposed to AFKing, my only concern is that in the long run it will make players lose motivation to play Royals because making alt characters is now less lucrative.

Tentomon, iSaind, NTR and 1 other person like this.
  4. Doge

Doge Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HotDoge
    Level:
    Guild:
    PlayBoys
    Lol and i thought the point was to experience the nostalgy of the original maplestory, not to go afk and leave your game client on for countless hours... who did that in the original version anyway? Surely i didn't.

ginwolf, Kung, MoriForest and 2 others like this.
  5. NTR

NTR Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLordGrim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hulu
    I sincerely hope the endgame for royals is not "make as many summon mules as possible so I can abuse afk farm as much as possible". For a very long time now some people have been doing that and I think this change is a good step in the right direction. I would have been happier if a limit for multiclient was introduced (since clearly it is still being exploited/abused, now with emptier maps) but if it makes it harder for them to do that and prevent botting as a whole, not being able to loot from summon is a really small price to pay!

Kai, ginwolf, Doge and 5 others like this.
  6. YSOGREEN

YSOGREEN Well-Known Member

IGN:
    YSOGREEN
    my answer to the title: feelsgoodman
    people should work to get the things they want, not pressing a button every 2minutes while doing something else. It is good to see stopper farming getting disrupted because people who were doing that as an active source of income can venture into new ways to replace their revenue stream or recoup the amount of revenue lost. This can increase the overall productivity in-game.

Kentavious, Johnny, Josh and 13 others like this.
  7. Doge

Doge Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HotDoge
    Level:
    Guild:
    PlayBoys
    Because there are no rules applied to this exploit. People will still manage to abuse this feature until admins decide to imply, that if players attempt to still cheat by using this trick, they could temporarily banned for a short period and if this still persists, the ban will be prolongated until the person learns his lesson. I think it should be reinforced with rules so that people would less dare to try because theres a risk to this.

8. iSaind

iSaind Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSaind
    Level:
    Guild:
    SaindArmy
    However the Staff should atleast have asked the Playerbase like Venin @Venin had propose or have a alternative.

There are tons of multi player that invested alot of time and dedication making summon chars.

Im going to say this for myself, but after this update I ve lost motivation completly to either "Boss" , "Grind" , because Grinding or bossing arent challenging enough to keep me Focusing 100%. For most Farmers it is nice to have something farming in the background while grinding or bossing where you dont make much money unless you go sell Leech.

Yes I agree it does exploid and without it I surely wouldnt have a good ammount of Mesos , but it keeps you motivated. I ve started royals just because of the Farming summon, because it is like Oblivion 4 in the 2010-2011 where you could get ToT Pieces and sell them. Which was FINALY a way to make money and get EXP. I cant remember if any of the other Grinding places generates any ammount of money

Surely on Original MS you couldnt multi client (Well you could using 2-3 pcs like i think the Top NL on Bera Snoopyloopy or something? not sure I know from Basilmarket he posted his Setup once with HS and HB mule at Skele Party ) however it was another time where also Computers had what in average at 2005-2006?... 512 MB? 1 Gig of ram? Single core CPU? Even though Cpu doesnt matter much its more the RAM. It was a way different Technology time. Well even in 2008-2010 the first Quad core Processor came into the Market and im sure 2 to 4 Gig Ram was "Common" source: https://www.computerhope.com/history/processor.htm . Why im saying this?

Well if you know how to build your computer and which OS is most compatible you can actually run more than 10 clients in 1 PC without any issue.

In the end we can not compare the today with the old days.

So in the end all the effort that farmers had made into making new farming mules got destroyed. Yes you could pick up ... however if you have 2-3 farmers or so its fine, but there are actually Hardcore ppl who made more than that.

And not having enough maps? Surely you could make a hidden map like on Jr newties or Skeleton. Thats how GMS got rid of the lack of ch's.... I remember searching for long for a jr newties parties.

I kindly ask the Staff @Sof to please consider or come up with a solution. I understand ppl exploid this method , however atleast reduce or read the suggestion that some ppl had made on this thread. Thank you !

Okay so what I said about old times some ppl dont believe or might not believe: (Pictures of 2005-2007 I do not have... maybe if I ask some old guild friends from that time)

Early 2009:
    [​IMG]

2010 Summer
    [​IMG]

Late 2010

[​IMG]

and the list goes on until lv 199 and lv 200 (Level 199-200 no Grinding at all nexon was kind enough to give a 1 lv up Potion as reward or event i dont remember)[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regardless what ppl will answer about this post. I ll not answer , because to be honest this Thread can go on and on... there isnt a perfect solution for this case.

I would be lying if this update didnt hit me. It did hit me Hard.

Cherrs and thank you for listening. I ll be selfish and say in name of all Hardcore Farmers such as Shiyui , Venin , Kazuma , MrKaren @Mrkaren . We lost our Farm Army but atleast we did the best we could out of it :)

jaydenlim, Sh0oK, nyannko777 and 3 others like this.
  9. OrcaGel

OrcaGel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    I can still do it fine on multiple characters while playing other games. This clearly hit other people hard though.

10. HuaiEn

HuaiEn Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HuaiEn/Yun
    Level:
    Guild:
    [N]akama
    Just yesterday one person smega-ed looking for HS while hogging 7 BFs.

Still think there should be a limit for multi-clienting instead.

Trunks, Nes, violaceopes and 2 others like this.
  11. NTR

NTR Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xLordGrim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hulu
    I think Matt explained it extremely well already why they did not give the players a heads up. Pretty sure if they announced their intentions earlier, you guys (which I mean excessive multiclient farmers in general) will stop selling HS at regular prices, stockpile and sell for higher prices etc, do all sorts of things to make the best out of the situation. Which no one can fault you guys per say, but it's absolutely unhealthy for the game. Attempting to make use of exaggerated effects to sell HS at 1m each right after the change tells us a lot about some of the farmer's intentions. And on the forums? The same whole argument would just happen, except now there's arguments both before and after change.

I feel that a limit should be set on the number of summon multiclients as it's ridiculous to think doing endgame content like HT nets you less income than simply pressing a button on several clients every few minutes. Of several excessive farmers I have seen on this forum, most have admitted that:
    - It is an absurd/stupid gameplay
    - It is an exploit/broken
    - Have made an insane amount of mesos from it

..and yet you guys still do it anyways so is it really the Staff's fault :O

I think farming for Piece of Time sounds interesting though, might encourage more people to farm at ToT instead. Maybe make it such that mages have reduced drop rate so other mobbers class can actually be seen as equal and farm together, something I have not seen for a long time here (ok going out of topic).

Kai, Dudu, Nostalgia123 and 5 others like this.
  12. iSaind

iSaind Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSaind
    Level:
    Guild:
    SaindArmy
    As you @NTR said ToT Pieces would be a solution and it would make oblivion 4 grind more welcoming.

Another ideia would be just to ban Heartstoppers and Gold Tooths can only be obtain by picking it up. Ppl would still abuse the summon but just in another more harmless way. Like mithril farm or event in general but the mules would have a job and a function atleast :) better than nothing

jaydenlim, Mrkaren and NTR like this.
  13. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    I think the problem will always remain that some you guys try to exploit this game instead of simply playing it for fun.

Even if there are changes to the game being made, that reduce the possibility to exploit the game, there is people complaining - namely the people exploiting it: "Yes, I know its harming the overall gameplay but I got super rich from this exploit and now I am offended that its not possible anymore eventhough I understand it has been stupid from the beginning" ... just ... wow!

edit: additionally changing things according to the hearthstopper maps will not solve the problem, it will just shift it to the next map and so on and so on :(

violaceopes and MaiAh like this.
  14. iSaind

iSaind Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSaind
    Level:
    Guild:
    SaindArmy
    There are many Summon Farmers that does play game for fun. However the definition of "Fun" is just different, some people have fun with Grinding and making money with stopper map. Some have fun with only grinding and some have fun being at fm talking about stuff with friends. Others with multi clienting using chars to farm stoppers or etc and grinding or bossing

I wouldnt call this a exploit , as it is a feature on original GMS too. I saw some Mages farming at Leprechauns back then. However different than Today the multi clienting was not so easy to obtain, because either you needed a second pc or third pc and so on or you needed a third programm which isnt legal.... and technology wasnt that "far" as today.

And those farmers did invest time to get a summon char done. Sometimes its better just to sell leech instead of investing on it. However if your capable of opening 10, 20 Maplestory , why not?

Alstero, jaydenlim, Sh0oK and 2 others like this.
  15. Ansoni

Ansoni Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ansoni
    Level:
    Guild:
    Sanctum
    People used to train at Voodoos to get to around lv60 but all you see is Bishops etc afking there to make a quick buck. I'm glad it's gone and lets other potential players that aren't trying to be lazy grind and level up.

Kai, YSOGREEN, Pwimo and 1 other person like this.
  16. Fr0zen

Fr0zen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    i would prefer auto loot to still work, but auto disabled when in a party, with wing boots not working for kills by summons
    this way, the item ignore pendent will work on trash drops, but there is a need to drag the pet over to loot, so its pretty much unchanged in the effort required to loot in the current state

reasoning to make auto loot disabled during parties only : prevent people from setting up looting mules by setting pets at drop locations (leprechauns) or knockbacking into looting

17. Dudu

Dudu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ha
    Level:
    ha
    Guild:
    ha
    :confused:

Kentavious, Josh, Kai and 6 others like this.
  18. iSaind

iSaind Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSaind
    Level:
    Guild:
    SaindArmy
    Yes, indeed I cant decide if it is a exploit or not. Since to be honest it is a feature in the game just like in GMS in old days.

a Exploit would be a bug in game which you can use for your advantage. ( Many times in Maplestory history , Mesos duplication , oh Duey delivery package to make godly weapons and so on)....

Guess I should carefully choose the words. In other words it was actually a Game mechanic which you can take advantage of ,however legally ( GMS) not on Royals anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit

jaydenlim, NTR and Mrkaren like this.
  19. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    but in GMS we wasnt able to multiclient and they changed summons to attack only when you in combat mode
    (maybe thats the thing we should get summon to attack when we attack)
    and in GMS mules was used to suport 1 main char not to farm like it was case in royal for long
    multiclient it's nice for that instead of useing 2nd/3rd pc

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  20. iSaind

iSaind Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSaind
    Level:
    Guild:
    SaindArmy
    1. Pretty sure you could use summon without attacking at gms before big bang patch. (I saw ppl on Lepre for that... though i dont have evidence of it)

2.Yes... In theory... however im sure some ppl did multi client on gms using a third party programm(Illegal) or there is also a "legit" Method using the so called "Windows User" Method.

3. And no it depends how you use it. Ppl also used the Mules for many things besides buff... For example for CWKPQ sign up mule or like CPQ using the Windows User method for CPQ self win... to Farm Family points for 2x EXP buffs mules and the list goes on.

I wont say names who did that on gms. I dont wanna betray my old friends from Perpetual, BigfootPatrol and so on. and also its long ago. who cares?

Windows User Method: https://itstillworks.com/12570625/how-to-play-two-maplestory-accounts-on-one-computer. As far as I know from some guidies back then it worked until the Patch before the Big bang big patch. Not sure anymore.

or VMware aka Virtual Box method which most of us Already know about this method to run HT or to avoid DCS on royals

Like I said before. It just easy to multi client today, because at how easy our PC's can handle maplestory today. If you know what setup , which processor , how much RAM and what gpu ... and I can say its under 200 dollars /Euros (Desktop PC). This is why it escalated to quickly on this server.

This setup lets you run 10+ Maplestory... without a issue( My old pc setup from 2010!) And im still using it....
    If anyone interested in doing a pc to run this many clients:

ill just post the Specs of my old pc. It runs better than my "gaming" laptop from 2014 with way better CPU and Graphics (not kiddng)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    jaydenlim, NTR and MaiAh like this.