Thoughts Regarding Multiclient & Farming

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Gert, Jan 22, 2020.

?

Thoughts on Multiclient and Farming

1. Multiclient should be kept as is, no limits.

2. Multiclient should be limited to a certain number per person.

3. Multiclient should be removed entirely.

4. Multiclient isn't the issue (elaborate in replies).

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Realizze

Realizze Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Realizze
    Level:
    Guild:
    Immortals
    limiting Multi-clienting wont solve or change anything in the context of "improving the economy". If "Farmer A" isnt taking up 20 channels, then Farmer A and Farmer B are taking up 10 channels each. Its the same with stoppers. It wont stop the supply of stoppers coming into the market, but it'll change who's selling it. If the issue is something along the line helping curb wealth creation, I don't think this would be the way to do so.

Sheik, ginwolf and Mooshy like this.
  2. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    it can have an effect on meso generation if the maps aren’t saturated unless people are taking up more than 1 channel

3. Realizze

Realizze Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Realizze
    Level:
    Guild:
    Immortals
    Its a big IF, you're kind of banking on the fact that they dont use a work around, or no one else comes to farm in these maps if you plan to slow down meso generation.

Genuine question though, why would you want the pace at which one gains mesos to slow down?

Mooshy likes this.
  4. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Currently on multiclienting, it isn’t something a single player can EASILY achieve just by switching them on and go ahead enjoy the process.

Soloing Horntail.
    Dispelling head actively while clearning spawns with the bishop.
    Maintaining on the platform with your choice of attacker.
    Surviving with Seduce/Crashing Cancel weapon atk buff
    With an average drop, example Genesis is about 1.1bil in a 3hour effort
    To do this, how many hours and runs does a player need to invest themselves to reach this level of gameplay technique?
    The amount of mesos to obtain both mage gears and attack gears, washing , and leeching the mules to lvl13x

This opens up so much possibilities of gameplay for our players incomparison to other Private Servers.

On farming
    single client petri leech sales or multi channel farming mutliclient ulu/stoppers isn’t as rewarding
    for solo-ing HT for sure, another question i hope one consider before commenting is
    : how much more mesos does quad ulu/10x Stopper
    earn compared to single client petri leeching?
    invest several full character to max out Bahamut to farm mutliple stoppers channels while horntail/APQ.
    Making and spending mesos for Multiple Mages and Several Mage gears sets to give this method a spin.

Is it straining? : Very.
    Why put in that much dedication?
    Its simply players does enjoy the game alot and willing to push further then what others can to stand out.

Compare influation affected by hardcore players to those that abuses hacks that generates hundred of billions over the span of ???time, massive vote abusers or even RWTers who relax and sits around to obtain such mesos, which seriously affecting economy and destroying competitive gameplay?

The designed methods are completely done legally, trained and dared by a these individuals, With their willingness to invest to the server that they enjoy, resulting in headaches after long hours.
    For just that more million mesos per hour.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    mutism, Charu, Chris4Real and 9 others like this.
  5. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    i was only jokin' with ya f :'(

6. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Roger
  7. jamin

jamin Donator

i don't think there should be a limit on multi-clients. the server has already gone through many years with allowing multi-clients that it would be pretty disastrous to limit it now. if you're able to farm using 10 mages, then go ahead. if you're able to bring 4 mules to solo ht, then go for it. if you're able to 2-man cwkpq, do it! it's not how maplestory was probably meant to be played but let's be real here--everyone wants to save time, make more mesos, and play content within their own closed circles. honestly, hypothetically speaking, the only way i can possibly imagine a fair imposed limit to multi-clienting in today's mapleroyals is if the server is wiped (which may wreck the server).

i think the true issue at hand is just map ownership. it wasn't an actual rule-adhering concept in official maplestory. but since we play royals, it exists. if it were up to me, i wouldn't allow a person to own more than 1 of the same map. that means you can still duo mage ulu1, but you'll have to put your other set of mages at ulu2 or skeles or wherever. this also applies to Lyka (another big issue). if you have the timers on multiple maps, you can not hoard those maps with your mule characters just sitting there attacking every 3 minutes.

i think some people might just be upset over the amount of money being made. personally, i couldn't care less if others are making 500m+/hr. if you are knowledgeable and capable, and you decide to put in the resources and effort, then you're entitled to the bread you're making. nerfing a map now, 3 years after new source, does seem a little ridiculous to me, but i do think the spawn at ulu1 is a tiny bit bonkers

Guy631, Alstero, KWJ and 11 others like this.
  8. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    I'll get some stats once the number goes up a bit more later.

MoriForest, Shnang, Styg1an and 2 others like this.
  9. tomatodee

tomatodee Donator

Very interesting opinions so far, it seems that the issue people have is wealth creation.

Unlike the folks in the other thread, I actually don't think that ulu 1 is an issue - there's got to be that one map that makes you the most mesos so people needing quick mesos can go there on very short notice. It's a nice shortcut that everyone can make use of. In that spirit, nerfing Ulu 1 just kills it for everyone - both pros and noobs alike. The question is how do we stop a select few from making so much money from multi-clienting in just a couple of hours.

Suggestion-wise, I havent tried this in game but how about making it impossible to put mage ultimate in the in-game macro? Just so it makes it harder for people to play 5+ characters at once and effectively forces them to play at best 2-3

Alstero, DeJia, ginwolf and 5 others like this.
  10. Joez

Joez Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Latias
    Level:
    Why on earth are you making it sound like everyone who can 4client ulu, solo ht etc are geniuses? Do you really feel like you’re using more neurons than others on this server when you go and multiclient, multichannel farm for hours on end?

——————————————————————
    There are many viable options for farming mesos in this server at the moment, though I would agree ulu 1 is superior compared to other maps to the point that many players are exploiting this to their advantage. My suggestion would be to nerf spawn in this map by 25-30%.

mutism, MoriForest, Glenn93 and 8 others like this.
  11. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Everybody forgot royals' current drop rate is way higher than the 2x that's advertised. I've pointed it out countless times during the early days of the new source but I guess it's still pushed down to the bottom of the priority-fix list. I think the homepage should at least show the accurate drop rate otherwise royals is displaying a false-ad.

Putting in enough effort with multiclient is worth the reward but I'm concerned about the power creep in the server. As the server ages, thanks to spawn buffs, absurdly high drop rate of equips and abundant hackers, farmers are harvesting more raw meso/time than in the past.

Old source had a slower regen rate for mobs. Some of the popular maps in the new source began with fewer mobs but the faster respawn rate was supposed to compensate for the deficiency in quantity. Community rioted for a buff of ulu maps' spawn rate (ulu1, ulu2, petri) and it was given. We now spent 3 years into the new source and if someone still wonders why the market inflated so much, ulu is the answer above hackers. When a buff is given, we as a community assure each other that it can be reversed if the effects are too detrimental or unhealthy for the server. Reality strikes when the majority of benefitters of the buff refuses to incline toward any sign of nerf that can reduce their income. We already saw this with archmage buff-reversion.

I'm not asking for a ulu1 nerf because I'm lazy and jealous of people who maximize their profit. I believe they should earn much more than others when the effort is made. However, ulu1 is a weird map. Can you find any other map in the entire server that has 40 mobs (max) just with a single char sitting in it? There are a few that are close to 40 but their map sizes are humungous. Ulu1 is the only map that has 40 full mob quantity with a tiny map layout that doesn't force you to climb ladders or walk far distances to reach from 1 end to the other. On top of the faster respawn rate, this particular element of ulu1 allows farmers, especially multi-client users, to exploit it for an astronomical income. Many said that farmers will just move to a different map if ulu1 gets nerfed. I doubt they'll find another map that they can exploit to the degree they did in ulu1. There's simply no other map that can match ulu1 in its unique and superior layout.

jinlee95, mutism, DeJia and 14 others like this.
  12. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Now lets keep this civil.
    I apologize if i wrote it in an odd way, is that they’re not geniuses but the dedication, strain and time that is compared against the hackers who flood the market with illegit mesos just doesn’t feel right.

On your second point, ulu1 is indeed superior, but just my opinion, a good way isn’t nerfing it but a rework on the current mapowner issue.

Charu, Chris4Real and Jesseh like this.
  13. Styg1an

Styg1an Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OzzyNL
    Level:
    Coming from someone that multiclient, solo & duo ht (duo daily, solos done about 10 so far), i believe Multiclienting is broken...
    I will give my honest opinion, so i'm sorry if i'm hurting anybody's "gameplay" or the class they are playing in the game, i apologize in advance.

The essentials i feel i need in an HT run are... NLs as atkers (it seems superior by so many lvls compared to any other class), Bishop, SE buff, Sed target.
    All the things i mentioned that AREN'T a Night Lord, can be muled, i mule Bishop with mine , i mule SE with my BM, and if needed i toss in my crash mule as crash / sed mule. That allowed me to pretty much solo HT pretty easily, just takes a while becuase i'm the only person atking...
    With that being said, why would i need a BM/MM when their dmg is low, plus they spend a lot of time getting hit and repositioning? I find that adding a BM/MM instead to the party instead of a mule is not benefiting for the smaller split you will get from books that drop.
    Why would i need a Bishop when i can just mule it by myself, did it for so long i can do the bishop role while atking non-stop almost on my NL? Adding a Bishop would just make the run the SAME for me, and i get LESS splits.
    And for the sed part, why would i want a sed target that isn't a mule? you lose damage while being seduced, and it's less trouble for me as the guy muling the Bishop role.

It kinda sucks that i have certain people that wanna run/join HT with me but i deny them or feel like i'm not interested because it is just not worth my run / time, so i just duo.. get an NL that can take some of the loads from the mules, bring another crash in and we go... And i find that my duos are pretty fast + you don't even need to wait for a freaking hour for the party to get ready, you just set a time with your duo partner, and go.

I had some arguments with guildies/friends about me being "selfish" or not "socializing" with others in the game in boss runs because thats all i do.. i duo HT and solo the rest of the bosses in order to leech another character of mine..

People can call me selfish, but it just feels way better to see MW+Gen flying out from HT knowing its a duo split, when the run was smooth, without waiting for no reason, compared to knowing you need to split it to 6 people after tedious amount of waiting when the run is not even that much faster...

I believe it's completely wrong that i'm able to do that, or anybody else in that sense, it's just that "possible" (i wouldn't say "easy" because it took a lot of effort to build my BS , NL , BM to 200 to be able to mule effectively and learn the skill set while keeping my NL atking in the same time , and yes i use 1 pc, and it's possible, not that hard after you learn and practice it).

And now to the farming part, i believe ulu1 is kinda broken also... How can a map generate 120m-150m mesos (if u multi client 2-3 mages) from nothing? I remember the mesos sink from chair gach , cs/ws dropped a bit, and then returned to 500m ea so fast... Isn't this map getting too much mesos into the system? The spawn is just too big, the drop rate feels higher than stated, specially now with Red Envelopes it's kind of dumb...
    Hell, even i make 350m or so an hour in ulu1 right now (using 1 map with 3 mages), and it's great, but if i think it's normal and balanced - nope....

I'm sorry to my friends who benefit from this, and i am too.. Apologize being the party pooper (even though i don't really believe anything will be done about this), this is not balanced and ruining the game.

But.. As long as it's allowed....... Time to make 40b in 2 weeks? That seems really normal :D

(This might seem sloppy, I'm writing this from the top of my head, it's 2 AM here)

David2016, Mooshy, Erza and 17 others like this.
  14. HealBell

HealBell Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HealBell
    Even if ulu 1 is nerfed people will just move on to other maps and do the exact same thing. I don't know why certain people keep trying to speed past the fact that owning multiple channels with multiple mages and farming with the press of a few buttons is a problem ON ANY MAP. The most difficult part about the process is looting your drops every few minutes. Lets stop pretending that its hard to do. I also keep seeing the argument of "its been around for so long now, it doesn't make sense to change it now". It was a problem before and it is still a problem now. The only thing a limit introduces is more opportunities for everyone to farm and more player interactions since you actually have to include other people in your bossing parties.

MaiAh and Styg1an like this.
  15. Rhynhardt

Rhynhardt Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rhynhardt
    Level:

And here's I feel the meat of the discussion is. When I played maplestory, 2005-2009 was about getting into boss parties, and I feel that was the spirit of the game. When potential came out, it was less about getting into parties, but rather, getting in a position to solo the bosses for maximum profit. BSCULA managed to solo Zakum before 4th job, and I'm sure there were other notable names, but those were dedicated achievements, not reasonable farming.

We do not have potential in this server, but I feel multi clienting adds a similar effect in addition to the time the game has been out. It's up to the community and the GM's what the tone of the games end game should be. Should my ultimate goal to be become so self-sustainable that I can do what this player is doing, or should it be for team orientation, which opens up another can of worms.

Personally I do think multi clienting should be just removed, I've been here for about a year now on and off and I get the goal as this;

-Make bishop
    -Sell leech until about 30b (with gacha rolling mixed in)
    -Make BM for mule
    -Make NL

Now I have an NL with maximized damage potential that can survive anything in the game with no assistance required from any other player. I don't think that is healthy for the game, it encourages lone wolf mentality, and keeps communities from organically evolving overtime. That's just my opinion, I don't hate players (including) the above because they earned it and put the effort to earn it. It's just disheartening the option exists and makes the most optimal playstyle a MMO by yourself, which is why I dislike where maplestory is at now.

If multi-clienting doesn't get fixed I'll just be where this player in a year (assuming server/interest) exists. But as a player, is this the environment you want to play in? Where majority of the most effective maps are essentially botted, bosses are solo'd; a choice being made whether it's even worth bossing with friends? Profit is a powerful thing, clout a great motivator, becomes less so when there isn't anyone around.

David2016, Dabsta, MoriForest and 5 others like this.
  16. Tyloo

Tyloo Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dribble
    Guild:
    Create
    People (myself included sometimes) care too much about what the top 5% of royals players are doing to get endgame. The same people need to just realize that it’s only a small percentage of the community that cares enough to solo HT or quad ulu1. There are plenty of people that still PQ or casually boss with friends. I couldn’t care less about finishing boss runs 5-10% faster honestly. If people want to multiclient I say let them.

17. Rhynhardt

Rhynhardt Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rhynhardt
    Level:
    I wouldn't call it casually, more on the lines of people looking for people to fill slots they can't. My experience with bossing is essentially seeing who in guild wants to, then smegaing for the rest. I would argue the small percentage is based on earned resources, not choice for many. The only thing I see on my chat bar is recruiting for 3 team bosses with mules, specifically to make it faster.

Filling any PQ while trying to level up is pretty difficult, majority of the time it's only 1 maybe 2 parties amount of players available. I feel the game would have a better retention base if the end game was "Bossing with friends" without the looming profitable alternative which is "I solo everything with 6 clients open).

EDIT: I play very casually but that's my experience as I would see as an average player.

18. Abi A

Abi A Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    XplicitAbi
    Level:
    Hiya,

As someone who enjoys partying with others for bosses and doesn't dual client unless i need to leech a new character. I don't think its good for the game for people to earn 400m+ via quad client on 2 channels at Ulu1. Basically making 1.5b a day. I believe it will introduce so much currency into the game it might have a bad impact. Being said that, it is also up to the person to have the dedication to do that consistently. I bet most of the casual players / semi serious players who try this method to speed up their progression would give up after 5 days of constantly doing this. It takes some serious dedication, perhaps even will to do it. So it isn't "easy" per-say. Even though i don't like to multiple client or agree with my friends who quad client to farm, it is their choice. Who am i to dictate someone else's play-style (same goes for soloing bosses). Also when it comes to multi-client, i believe that isn't something that can be so easily taken away. It is one of the main reason in my opinion for Any P.Server to thrive. Specially royals. This is just my 2 cents about this topic, if i offend any of my peers i apologize in advance.

Thanks,
    Abi.

MoriForest, ginwolf, Jooon and 7 others like this.
  19. Lowly

Lowly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lowly
    Level:
    I am going to take a section of what I said on the other thread and put it here as I think it pertains to the issue very heavily

"It boils down to the fact that this increased rates has made these maps highly sought after and haven't even been in the minds of people up until this event. The issue isn't the map. It's the event if you even have an issue. All of last year I didn't farm an hour and that was fine. Didn't want to do it at the time because I didn't care about making any meso, but props to those who made everything they could because that's what this game is about. Putting forth the effort and making ends meet to progress your characters. Whether it be merching, bossing or farming and it's a legitimate means of making meso then I'm all for it."

TL; DR This event is broken, not multiclienting.

Mooshy, Jooon, Hamburg and 3 others like this.
  20. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    Tbh, multiclient-ing for bossing and farming is fine, for some people, being efficient is part of the fun royals offer. Ulu needs a nerf though so other maps can get some love :love:

also,
    this is hilarious, sure, it might take extra time to make those extra characters and abit of experience to multiclient, but there's no need to put said people on a pedestal.

MoriForest, NTR, TrinityEcho and 6 others like this.