Thoughts Regarding Multiclient & Farming

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Gert, Jan 22, 2020.

?

Thoughts on Multiclient and Farming

1. Multiclient should be kept as is, no limits.

2. Multiclient should be limited to a certain number per person.

3. Multiclient should be removed entirely.

4. Multiclient isn't the issue (elaborate in replies).

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Some stats then with 1,074 characters online:
    There are 961 unique computers or virtual machines in use.
    There are 757 unique IP addresses;
    539 have 1 character online.
    159 have 2 characters online.
    34 have 3 characters online.
    15 have 4 characters online
    6 have 5 characters online.
    3 have 6 characters online.
    1 has 7 characters online.

It's not possible to know exactly how many IP addresses consist of multiple players from the same household.

chainyu0220, mutism, LichWiz and 18 others like this.
  2. Punk

Punk Donator

IGN:
    xPunk
    Level:
    Guild:
    Army
    There is a naturally imposed limit as to how much someone can earn by using multiple clients to farm, aka how many hands they have. Given the current conditions, I have absolutely no issue (yet) with the fact that people are able to earn more mesos per hour by multi-clienting, they have put in the resources to level up the characters, buy the equipments and play them simultaneously.
    High effort = High reward.

Prices are able to fluctuate for a reason and the market will eventually even itself, the question is just when and how many players will quit because of it.

My only concern is that if someone opens 20 clients and camps the same map on all 20 channels.

I hope that the reason of the reduced red envelope reward rate is due to hackers and not farmers. ~f12

NTR, MoriForest, Abi A and 3 others like this.
  3. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    1.-Im a person who dont have any mules, and also dont like the concept of having many charcters, i may have to make some, but its a HAVE to, dont want to. Even with that im totally against the idea of limiting this mecanic, at least now. If u can go to the past you could change the multiclient mechanic multiclienting and fix the hp washing great(ask for a delorean), but now ITS TOO LATE, even with that being said, i truly believe that multiclienting isnt the real issue.

its kinda difficult to me to express myself because theres a lot of concepts i should explain first, but that would make this reply too long, ill try to sumerize them:

-We should make a difference of what "id like" of "how it is" or "how do i see it" because most of the times they arent going to be the same thing.to make a more objective opinion, we should put ourselfs in a "neutral" position, wich is something that i sadly barely see most of the times things are "this is how i like things to be, this is how its suposed to be"...

-speaking just of multiclienting mechanic we have to ask ourselfs , why is multiclienting a big deal on royals on 1st place? why is it broken? how do we solve it?

1st lets say how NOT to solve it. Nerfing it. NERFING IS ALMOST NEVER THE BEST OPTION, i have to make a thread about this, but the consecuences of "taking out" things of the ppl is almost always frustation. When is nerfing a good thing? when the mechanic is REALLY too broken FOR EVERYONE (for example unlimited apq daily, that was broken)

why is MC(multiclienting) a big deal on royals?.-
    a.-Because it lets you take adventage of the mapowner mechanic(for farming/camping)
    b.- Because it let you make pq with less actual ppl wich means, less effort to make a party and more profits.
    c.- gives you more control on your runs
    d.- makes possible to do, what everyone wanted to do at some point SOLO RUN(lets face it even on gms, on 2007 or 2008 we admire those youtube videos of "XXXX solo zakum" even if it tooks 2 hours)

why is it broken?
    Because it gives less oportunity to the new comers/ ppl with a life(im sorry but i had to say it) to farm/camp properly. or at least compete.

It also takes away the point of most jobs, one of the best thing of maplestory in the old days is that every job had their own niche, being power,buffs, support, or their capability of mobbing tht make every job unique.....but lets face it, those days are OVER. yes, games like royals can make you feel nostalgic, but for me at least mapleroyals is not old maplestory, mainly because im not the same anymore, good old days arent coming back, and im fine with it, nowdyas were adults, we have internet(and we know now how to use it properly) we know things, and tht was part that maked this game magical back then, that we were unaware of everything...

ive heard many opinions of this topic, but im completely shure now, we like or not(i dont like it so much) the main thing on this server is SINGLE TARGET DAMAGE,everythign else is around it. Yeah we need buffs, but why i would take a person who can gives me a good buff but cant deal as much dmg as me?, i JUST want the buff... i would preffer to make a character to buff myself, wich as i said takes away the point of most jobs who are atckrs/support or purely a support.

how do we fix it?

like i said, not nerfing it, just make it less useful. how?

1.-dont let a person own more than a ch from the same map(that way u can own JUST 1 of ur boss map at the same time of farming stoppers for example)or owning a map when im not there for over a minute..(why do i need 3 minutes to get back to "my map"?)

2.-i dont remeber if theres other pq similar but if there is, "change the cwpq look a like requeriment", for me cwpq requeriments in royals are insane and PROMOTES MULING, 2 ppl of every job????
    *Rndom user appears*.-Relmy u moron thats how it was back then, dont take away the nostalgia from me, dont make this game easier, its already pretty easy at it is.....

ermm did u know that when cwpq was realed on gms, they had over 20k players daily right? wasnt that difficult to make a 10 ppl party back then, we have a """"""1000 players""" base(we all know that it might be 600-700 with their mules) do you think multiclieng is an issue? dont promote it

somehow buff everyone but nls..yea yea yea, i know that "but this jobs are more powerful on multitarget..." or "but its hella expensive to make those op nls, inst as cheap as X or Y job" "not everything is about dmg u know?" "every job has their own niche" dont take me wrong, im fine with sairs/nls being the most powerfull characters on the game, bcs they are more expensive to make, and barely helps party in another way that doing dmg but according to this thread https://royals.ms/forum/threads/pally-hero-dps-test-krexs-2nd-eye.143850/ all jobs are pretty balnced on stdps but nl and sairs, and those are OVER 40% STRONGER and not an issue with sair bcs they dont have as much broken skills as nls like godmode(shifter) alchemy, etc,etc, and again ys multitarget beats that in 2 or 3 targets situation, but aside cwpq, when does it relevant? on zak? arms hp is little compared to body wich is a SINGLE TARGET.... on ht? after some time u would need to hit head on single target situation and oh surprise, heads have more hp aswell, neo city? single targets,and damn if royals release pink bean(pls dont, it would destroy everything), game isnt that unbalanced now, but comon..COMON dont say again that "pallys are op now" or buccs are reaaaly strong, bcs were far FAR from nl dmg, dont change the meta, make things a little bit closer.....idk, maybe make bms have more natural hp... or buff their dmg, remove dmg cap jfor pallys, make heros/drks can hit 2 ht heads at the same time....make veryone actually viable on sinngle target dmg terms....

ULU1

im not an expert on the ulu1 map, so i actually dont know if it need to be nerfed.

New year event

and the RE issue... its a JUST MAGE event....its reaaaally sad to get just 1 envelope from bosses...pls buff taht or remove it entirely from bosses(takes away 1 "drop slot" for a lame ass envelope) that way mages can grind and atacker can hunt for bosses....easy....

to finish: to all those ppl who think tht multiclienting should be removed...had you thinked of the consecuences? what would happen to those ppl with lots of time invested on mules? do you ACTUALLY think that it would promote more variety? or it owuld make the more loyal player to get frustrated and eventually quit? wich would make them to quit=less ppl on the server=server can die.....i know theres things we dont like but, lets think of the consecuences b4 ask for something.....

4. XTC

XTC Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    RoguerRetard
    Literally boils down to this. Before this event no one gave a shit who would quad or that someone was doing it for 8hrs to gain 250m per hour. You add this event and now everyone seems to have an issue. As someone who just started to quad ulu, its a lot of work and something i can only do 2-3hrs before i give up. Its such a small percentage of the community as Tylapia said that really take this extreme way of making mesos with quad ulu for hours upon hours and solo ht/bosses.

Like no one cries that you can sell petri for 160m per hour (enough to start a whole convo at least) and you only need 1-2clients, but now that someone adds 2 more clients and makes an extra 80m or so, its a big deal ?

Also, idk maybe im the few rare players who joined this game because you HOPED it was something like it was when you played in the mid 2000s, realized that it wasnt, didnt bitch that it wasnt, and just adapted to the game itself.

5. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    It's not the CNY event that accentuated quad ulu1 farming but Joon's 30 minute ban that caught the attention of everyone who were not aware of such a method and its brokenness. The hourly earning mentioned by those farmers didn't even include the leech income but pure NPC income so there's a reason for people to fret.

Gert, Jooon, Hamburg and 1 other person like this.
  6. XTC

XTC Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    RoguerRetard
    but of course it is, even you were the first person to mention nerf ulu1 on that thread. No one else said anything bout the map it happened or what it was about. im still gonna go out on the limb to say that because of this event and how broken the event itself is in a map like ULU1 , its caught the attention of people. Beforehand some players who are well respected in this community knew about the farming method but no one said anything because i assume they didnt really care

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Guedin and Shiyui like this.
  7. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    I knew about the method long before this event but I never brought up any discussion about it in respect for those who developed it. But Joon's ban forced a reaction from the community and I thought now is the time to bring up the necessary ulu nerf since the secret is revealed. I assume others, who knew about the method but kept quiet, were taking a similar stance.

Joon hasn't even mentioned his income during this event.

Gert, Jooon, Hamburg and 1 other person like this.
  8. XTC

XTC Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    RoguerRetard
    Fair enough. But once again, are we going to nerf a viable meso option for MOST of this server who probably dont quad ulu1, just because a select few take more time of their day and dedicate more time to do it ? Kind of seems like thats what everyone is almost saying, which is weird to me when i assume a lot of these ppl probably dont quad ulu1 themselves. But everyone always seems to care what the top 5% do, and how they can make it easier to catch up them, as oppose to putting in the same work that those people have put up, so they can achieve that level as well.

Guedin and Aeronautics like this.
  9. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    I guess you didn't read my 1st reply to this thread. Ulu1, as a grinding map, is broken in its nature regardless of the multiclient availability. Look at the map size, count the mob numbers and the average NPC value of their equip drops to see if there's any different map with a similar digit.

If those quad farmers goto a different map that gives substantial income/reward, they'll still make 3x+ what single client players make but they won't be saturating the server with so much raw meso. Those excessive mesos are the cause of inflation in the market and they accelerate the aging of the server. It is not a healthy factor.

Single client income = x
    Double client = 2x
    Quad = ~4x

I'm not saying this ratio should change to turn royals into a communist regime and make all the above options equal 1 x. I belive the ratio is fair but the focus here is that x value in ulu1 is far too big relative to other viable maps.

If ulu1 gets nerfed and we all move to a different map with better income than ulu1 in its nerfed state, the ratio will still stay similar. It will only decrease the scale but maintain the gap between multi client players.

Ulu1
    Single client income = ■■■■
    Double income = ■■■■■■■■
    Quad = ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Other maps
    Single client income = ■■
    Double income = ■■■■
    Quad = ■■■■■■■■

Let the top 5% take their fair advantage over others but nerf one broken map that's over exploited by everyone.

mutism, KWJ, Eli and 7 others like this.
  10. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    is it possible to nerf drops in certain maps based on the number of clients u hv on? @Matt
    e.g. 70% for each of 2 clients, 100% for single client, maybe 60 for 3 n so on
    Edit: just to be clear, the numbers are just examples. but its still technically more profitable if u hv more clients but at a lower rate than currently if that makes sense :confused:

Hamburg likes this.
  11. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

As proposed earlier, just remove Ulu1 from the game for the time of the event. i don't want others to make mesos while i sit here and do nothing.

kyoko3102, -Tommy-, XTC and 9 others like this.
  12. Lowly

Lowly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lowly
    Level:
    You're assuming multiclienting makes every rate multiplied by said number of clients. That's far from the case. A singular player can make 76% of what myself duoing does. A singular person can loot 100red envelopes and about 90-100m in drops while I make 120m in drops and loot 120 red envelopes. There will always be a best map no matter which route you go and this wasn't even a discussion of an abuse of mechanics until bigger rates were added via tickets and envelopes. This wasn't even a thought last year. Honestly due to the fact that I suck as a human and forget to cast gene/meteor and I have my 181 BM in the party looting I can't even viably sell leech to make extra. I know others don't bother selling leech because of the same issue. In fact, I give free leech to up to 3 guildies/alliance members because of this. I'm always free leeching someone.

So in this point I'd be willing to argue that Ulu2 is better due to it being easily soloable/telecastable and a singular person can clear, loot and sell leech to an extent that is more efficient meso per hour than duo maging would be. At least compared to me.

Everybody is stuck up on the fact that it's highly popular map. Without this event 17/20 maps are always empty and have been for the last year leading up to this event. In fact Ulu2 has been the GO TO map when the event isn't here due to it's easy navigability and just as good drops.

On top of all of this how are you guys just finding out about leech rates? Petri making 150m an hour solely on leech alone and then 80m in drops. This isn't even accounting for red envelopes because I don't have a character that can farm there anymore to know how many I would intake. Probably like 60-70.

The only reason this has become an issue is because of @Jooon's brief ban and has never been an issue before. It's literally mass spreading as an "oh shit that's insane" kind of farming and an abuse of mechanics when it's a big pain in the ass to get to that point and your reaping in the rewards of your own efforts.

This whole thing is what separates the casual players and the people who don't want to waste time. Casual gamers ruin it in every MMO because of things like this. As soon as this event disappears the map will return to it's "just get the nubs to level 90 so we can finally move to ulu2" era.

Mooshy likes this.
  13. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    i get ard 40-60/hr selling leech for 120/60 ~f18 (ye @Hamburg im writing this as i sell u leech)

Hamburg, Guus and Punk like this.
  14. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    @sparky95
    it's not ulu issue or any map specific or some mob drop rate
    if map/mob gets nerf it will do nothing but worse/annoying for all then it is
    just like when they nerfed summons to "stop" extreme heartstoper farming

also it's not new thing or method multiclienting issue been around for while and much worse cases like heartstoper extreme farming era
    i say issue because farming is being pushed to crazy extrems all the time

TC,extreme multiclient for more gain, semi-afk boss/farm ...
    and the thing " TC it's skill learn it " or "extreme multiclienting needs alot efort so it's fine " it's not excuse it's still broken

why voteing it's limited to 1/day then ? maplers should be able to put same efort and vote as much as clients they run ?
    put the same limit/efort in to normal 2~client farm/grind it's the idea

David2016 likes this.
  15. Rhynhardt

Rhynhardt Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rhynhardt
    Level:
    I understand what you're saying but voting is not a fair comparison. Voting is for essentially advertising and gtop has, I'm sure, it's own regulations regarding this. I know other servers had voting every 6h's but I'm not sure if that put them at a different/worse standard than what we have now.

16. Lowly

Lowly Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lowly
    Level:
    I think comparing voting multiple times to multi client farming is extreme oversimplification and not even close.

17. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe
    omg I will tell you to madori

cya in the blacklist nerd ~f8

LichWiz and Tect like this.
  18. KILIYATY

KILIYATY Member

Country Flag:
    Increases popularity of party quests, increases diversity in the class selection as mules get canceled out (to some extent).

19. Gillies

Gillies Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Honestly I think if this got shut down it would only make try hards very pissed.

Muling and multiclient to powerfarm have become the meta. Taking that out would drastically change things.

Do I think its a problem? I think it is in a way that it takes out a little bit from the original game, which was not supposed to be played with multiple accounts for mutiple boosts and also an AFK farm machine of endgame power items and also a moneymaker scheme.

Did I multiclient during the old days GMS? YES. I used to have a mule selling items while I was grinding(Windows XP multiple users) because its cheaper the 90d store than the 7week one. But never to have multiple buffs or to farm in multiple places at once.

I absolutely love multiclienting for simple things as trasfering items, just adding that. But the max I did was HS myself at bosses and also leech my HP wash char(see other problem that would arise from this? How people will level their 400 int assasin?). I'm so lazy to open another client and also myself failing MW20 I cannot bother to bring a HS for anything anymore...

Basically what I'm saying is that its too developed to be taken out and not cause serious repercussions, even though it is a problem. Imagine how many guys would be pissed because they cannot find enough people to boss and he has to play NL WITHOUT HIS SE MULE! Imagine people having to pay more money for stoppers and way less stoppers to buy in market. Imagine the lack of money into the market, making all prices drop. Sell your chaos/ws scrolls FAST.

And I want to know the opinion of the try hards that mule and multiplient *VERY HARD*.

• What would you do?
    • Would you quit?

Honestly for me it makes little difference since I don't have time to play as much as I wish. But for the people that are actually playing this server and actually contributing for the betterment of this community we should care about their reaction. Do they feel ashamed for the multiple buff mules, the multiple money making schemes? Or they think its all right since everyone is doing it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    NTR likes this.
  20. TheBlackMage

TheBlackMage Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DieWeakling
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    I completely agree, and I would like to enhance idea of mapowner.
    Instead of punishing anyone for abusing 'new mapowner rule', I suggest whenever you claim new mapowner from another channel or map, the old mapowner would be immediately nullified.

For example: I hit a mob in ulu 1, so I am the mapowner for ulu 1.
    Then I immediately move to ulu 2 and hit a mob there.
    I gain new mapowner in ulu 2 and lost it at ulu 1 immediately.

Or another example I hit a mob at road of oblivion 5 at ch1.
    I cced to 2 and hit a mob there.
    I gain new mapowner in ch2 and lost mapowner at ch1.

Fr0zen likes this.