Suggestion to make DrKs more relevant (DrKs have been buffed, irrelevant post)

Discussion in 'Closed' started by doronos, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I think were altdy discussed that here and most of us said no, thats why weve talking about a buff and theres when the dmg% appeared, but youre right, we moved from the original point...i think i have the blessing of the original thread owner..and thats why im replying every single comment f2

Jesseh likes this.
  2. Kayn01

Kayn01 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    NightEmperor
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    I agree DK needs buff !

DK with HT or Zak kinda weak ..

3. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Now, humor me here (I feel like this could precede all my posts):

I made this suggestion in my thread just now: https://royals.ms/forum/threads/general-warrior-feedback-useless-skills.160831/

Dks power crash goes on a total crash cool down timer of 400 seconds, and instead of debuffing power-up, defangs mob/boss touch damage by -5%, for x amount of time (less than CD obviously)

Wether it works player or party side I'd be fine either way

4. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I have seen your thread..and it has some cool sugestions...but tbh i dont think this is nowhere near what drks need..even..i think that crash is even better now than this...sorry...on top of that it seems that they think that warriors are actually balance(XD).Sooo the only think that we can do is to recomend to all the new comers to dont make a drk until theyre bored of the game, and maybe they have fun with a bit challenging gamestyle...

Jesseh likes this.
  5. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Maybe 5 isn't enough, maybe even the flipping armor crash and power crash won't do it either, but it's still fun to think about and throw ideas out there to play with. This thread has lots of good ideas and I'm still behind the zerk scaling (and having attack buffs at even lower hp thresholds), achilles buff (since drks live at half hp or less) in zerk, from beholder, or straight up, sac hitting thru w. cancel, berserk allowing you to still hit thru stuns but not move, HB allowing you to go up to 35k hp, all this without boosting any att% would fill out the odd cracks in drks abilities

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  6. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    Necro time! ~f2

I'm starting to see a big issue with DKs now, especially with newer content bosses hitting much harder. (over 15k+) DKs already have the most expensive gear on the market, however they can only participate to the fullest of their ability certain bosses.

For example, Anego Slaps for 16.5k even with 30k HP, your Zerk is only at 15k because Zerk 30 is 50%.
    Random HT accidents ~f8
    Toad's 2nd body magic attack is 15.5k,
    Bodyguard A, and B respectfully hit you for 24k and 27k. You can argue and say to stand out of range, however if you run out of hits, want to re-buff, or if you have someone else attacking with you and you lose control of that boss-- its steamrolling right through you.
    Core Blaze from NT does 26k body touch (once again, standing off of it is fine, until Stance 30 fails and a Maverick flies into you and pushes you forward into the body ~f18)
    Auf Haven 2nd body touch damage does 15.7k (A boss that likes to rush at you ~f3)

TLDR:
    Lots of DK's die due to freak accidents.

Which is why I would like to propose a few ideas to increase DK's desirability to join some of the harder boss runs:

-Increasing Zerk's % base to 60-70% (effectively giving 30k HP users around 19500 HP (65%) to work with, or 21000 HP (70%) to work with.)
    -Increase Stance 30 to 95% (maybe even 100%... But that might be a bit OP...) So many times player's have gotten knocked back 4-5 times in a row with it on. 90% my ass! ~f4
    -Add an extra line to Spear Crusher (or Pole Arm Crusher-- I don't judge!) so that way it's 4 lines, instead of 3.
    -Increasing Spear Crusher's (or Pole Arm Crusher) attack from 170% to 200% or a bit higher.
    -Increase Beholder's Mastery from 20% to something a bit higher to solidify the damage lines. I've personally hit anywhere between 3-5k difference in each line with Beholder active.
    -Making Hex stack with attack pots (as seen above)
    -HB that doesn't get dispelled? ~f14 (one can dream...)
    -Increasing Pole Arms and Spears attack speed by 1

I'm not suggesting that we add all of these above, but I feel like Zerk % definitely should be increased again because DK's damage comes from Zerking. By making bosses hit harder, you're effectively phasing us out of new content because we can't Zerk them within the client's 30k Max HP limit.

I'm also a big fan of Spear Crusher (Pole Arm too) being increased from 170% to something a bit higher. We definitely need the damage if we're the one's putting our sanity on the line from juggling Zerk and constantly monitoring our HP.

Edit huehuehue:

I don't want to be Whited by some dumb Hero (no offense :oops: ) who does virtually nothing and just stands there, dealing massive amounts of damage. While we're standing over here monitoring our HP, making sure we are under for Zerk, and making sure we don't get hit by anything that could possibly kill us, all while maintaining a safe distance to keep our damage boost.

I think we deserve something at least.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  7. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    I actually thought about this myself and I think it is quite good. Or at least make it somehow dispelled less easy? Maybe it has like up to 3 stacks that are used when dispelled?
    I mean, imagine, HB is reliable, that would make such a huge difference and actually made Drks so much better. On top it would not hurt anyone that wants to HP wash to stay independent :)

Becca likes this.
  8. Dong

Dong Donator

Country Flag:
    I like the idea of increasing pole/spear att spd by 1
    Also maybe a buff to drk’s achilles by 10% would be great too Instead of changing zerk’s hp% required?

Kung and Becca like this.
  9. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    My full PA dk screams out for the four line crusher and speed and mastery buff (if anything just improve the slash ratios though) PA's can't boss with pa skills.

In critique though I think drks are very strong as is, it's their zerk threshold alone that holds them back from this content, not their damage output, which of course is relative to their threshold, but surviving should come first.
    Achilles buffs in zerk, being able to go over 30k hp with hb, and a scaling zerk range instead of the on/off switch at 50% would be all they need in my v humble opinion

Kung likes this.
  10. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    I've discussed it a bit (a very small bit) with Matt, I was just curious if the client could go any higher than 30k for Max HP, but unfortunately 30k is as high as v83 can go.

11. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    But at which boss are you struggling to survive with 15k zerk threshold?

Tsue likes this.
  12. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I'm not, but any boss that hits over 15k, obviously

13. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    As we have observed through this thread, Bodyguards are the only bosses that will hit over 15k and pose a real threat to zerking Drks but it's not like Drks will happily raid this boss even with lowered berserk difficulty. Touch/magic damages of end game bosses don't exceed 15k with maxed Achilles unless they are really not meant to be touched directly (HT, Core blaze, Royal guard).

I actually tested zerking in royal guard and there is an easy way to zerk by standing only a certain distance away. When royal guard makes that tackle move, he flashes past the character without making physical contact. Only those who stood far away but within the skill range will get contact damage.

Now which end game boss has a record of hitting you over 15k?

Kung and Tsue like this.
  14. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I'm just talking about the ones becca just brought up, and agreeing in that sense

15. bacondagger

bacondagger Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SuperBacons
    Level:
    Guild:
    Senpais
    I don't agree with HB being immune to dispel. That just gives even more incentive to make a mule instead of playing the class.

Kung and kyoko3102 like this.
  16. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    Hence why I said one can dream, and I put a question mark at the end of it ~f17

17. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    This comment is to me, the best reply of this thread, its a perfect argument why, drks were an actual good job and why the concept of "drks are just bad or "doesnt make sense as a job" is directly a lie..it USED to have sense back then. But, again this isnt gms, we are not the same ppl, internet is not the same and heck, like Becca said royals lasted actually almost twice as pre bb gms did.

Despite hp washing was an actual thing back then, it wasnt as easy as it is here, and many ppl wash as much as they can here...even hp washers in old school did the exact oposite , they wash barely what they need bcs every ap reset=3 dollars..so they added just the hp they need to survive.

The solution is remove the hp washing then?...YEEEEEEEESSS.......erm..no. That ship has sailed . Many ppl that actually think that the solution for unbalance of the game is to remove things like hp washing, multiclient, leechstory or nerf NLs, i think they havent think that much of what are the consecuences of doing that..ofc many of those are trash mechanics, but its too late, not only to change or limit them, in this particulary case, to try to give hb some relevance.

Also i would like to add, we can and should stablish the difference between

1.-My opinion
    2.-my personal taste/prefferences
    3.-the reality/facts

Personally i think that rn drks are directly a bad choice, but i love have chosen to main a drk, i would preffer to play them a million times over a NL. The real concept is that drks are a decent job with a few pros, and kind of a challenge to use.
    As you see those 3 concepts are in my head and those are completely different, bcs 1st one is my opinion, 2nd one is my prefferences and the last one is a FACT.

Why im pointing this out?. bcs this same threads is full of "i like drks, theyre good"/"i hate drks theyre soooo bad"/"You have to pay atention meanwhile playing a drk, its challenging, that is already a reward compare to others onekeystory"(btw gtfo)/"its super easy to keep ur hp in zerk range no matter where u running"(im sorry sparky,its cool that 4 u and a lot of ppl stay in zerk range isnt a real challenge, or compared to this "x" job is easier, if u compare a serial killer to a high school bully, the 2nd will look good in comparision, but it isnt, we have to ask many ppl who have used drks a decent amount of time and dedicated enough effort to it, and as a result of that we can give the label of "hard" or "easy"), and then make a conclusion based on their personal prefferences or their personal opinion, and that isnt good, shure we can express our opinions/prefferences. but prettend that "what i think/like,its how it is" is a bit egocentric.

That being said:
    Thanks to aboard this topic again <3

The full concept of drks is "the more u hurt me ,more powerful ill become", and outside the game is.-"high risk-high reward", like i mentioned b4 "high reward" used to be a decent amount of power+ an absolutely necesary utility skill, wich, has been taken out, now drks are "high risk-meh reward" so...

Dont get me wrong, this actually makes sense bcs "high risk-meh reward" doesnt , so u have to change either the high risk OR the meh reward, but idk, i think many of us actually preffer a higher reward. Imagine that u have been working 8 hours a day for a salary, and one of your partners(hero) gets the same salary in the same position as u, but working just 4 hours, your boss notice that it isnt correct and offers u either cut ur work tiem to half or raise ur salary x2..wich one would u choose?..even more if ure alrdy used to work 8 hours a day for years?.This would kill the spirit of being a drk wich is "being one step of death".

I have alrdy proposed an idea that i think(my opinion, not a fact) could solve everything. make zerk a tier range a "20% dmg for every 10% less hp u have up to 40%

1.- It allows us to survive high dmg bosses by sacrificing a bit of dmg(now actually a bit or a decent amount and not HALF)
    2.-Give us a bit of boost power for a higher risk(40% hp force us to manual heal using 2 pots, wich takes away time and concentration,so a 10% overall dmg boost(bcs 20% on zerk is just 10% overall dmg boost) isnt OP like some ppl say
    3.- Dont takes away HALF our dmg for overheal 1 point of HP
    4.- Keeps alive the GIT GUD concept,bcs if u want to see your real potential as a drk you have to git gud, not to do something barely decent.

increase base...makes sense, but it would make a hero kind of obsolete isnt it?(make a drk more powerful but harder doesnt, remeber why sair is an unpopular job despite the fact that it can be stronger than an nl.....ppl are lazy..dont forget about that)

100% might be a bit OP , but an increase to 95% woudlnt be that bad, counting that most jobs have an easier time to reposicionate than melees where the correct distance is EVERYTHING.

This is posible? and if it is, it COULD be kind of OP, but i woudl have many questions to ask...an extra line is a 30% dmg increase..wich is HUGE....well it LOOKS huge..but how long will take to cast it?,how SI will affect it?...this might be an interesting idea, but would have to be carefully worked on i think.. that any boost over 12% overall dmg is a bit OP since we are multitarget.....we shouldnt be dealing more dmg than pallys(can be fixed by removing/increasing cap aswell tho)...reducing the targets to 2 maybe?...idk something like this is kind of dangerous if it isnt worked carefully.

17.5% overall dmg increase....might be a bit too op.....190% could be enough....

Good options TBH

Undispellable HB would kind of kill the washing mechanic wich is good(at leats for new players) but it would make us pure hb mules like pallys used to be.

Increase speed is a bad idea sorry, would make SI less useful and impactfull tahn it actually is, would kill ski skys market making a ton of us lose hundreds of billions, woudl make ppl want to kill them self remebering that they sold their perf faltizan for around 3b LOL....it would be better make the crusher animation faster( if its possible idk) currently it takes 0.99 secs to cast it buffless 0.93 with booster and 0.87 with booster+SI.....take away 0.1 secs from it is actually a feasible option.

something that new boss content has to take in consideration is that not necesarily make bosses hit over 20k touch dmg make them actually harder. 16K overall touch should be the top touch dmg any boss have. How to make them harder then? By desing....archer boss of cwpq...low touch dmg..high range one...APQ boss mechanic .....PB system high hp Little time ....1/1>20k+dmg
    the only thing that does make them hit harder is throw down the drain the slogan of "hp washing not mandatory"(like auf haven did when it got just released, glad they fixed it later)...etc

No doubt

To finish, not to becca , more to general opinion:

1.-Why we need to compare drks with heros?.- Bcs now that we arent part suport part atacker we fulfill the exact same role, with almost exact same circusntances(similar skills, range action, fundings etc)

2.-Buffin drks dmg would make heros obsolete.- False..as long as drks have a high risk to die heros will always be relevant , different thing will be if zerk range will be dismish...that might make heros obsolete.

3.-high dmg buff is the only option? No, things like make the range action of drks bigger would alrdy give our own niche..and ofc reinforcing all the mellee roles in bossing(next end game content can include multitarget relevance like cwkpq, taking out a bit of HP heads and raising out wings/hands in HT...same with zak..etc...something balanced ofc...NLs should stay as No1 and just not by THAT much due boss mechanics)

4.-If they buff drks now, bottom dps job would ask for a buff and this would be a nevr ending story.-No, ppl have to understand their role in game and feel actually "the best at this "x"....and that "x" has to have some relevance ingame terms.....like AMs are....theyre just "leech/farm mules".....arent that really useful in royals meta?..arent they the best at what they do?.. someone would actually regret of making a i/l f/p after in royals?

Bad jobs in royals? Ams could get a tiny buff but theyre not bad.....shadowers are a bit expensive for what they can do..but theyre not bad AT ALL.....buccs bms pallys heros sairs are all good options....nls and bish are a bit op...but not by that much considering some factors like fundings and all......wich are actually bad jobs? rn just drks and MMs....give them some relevance and i dont think anyone should actually complain of game balance anymore.....

5.- Why do irespond all of this? .-This isnt my thread...but the thread original owner gave me his blessing :) to kind of reply everything...sadly he alrdy quitted drk.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Jesseh and Kung like this.
  18. EvilReaperZ

EvilReaperZ Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FKisrael
    Level:
    Guild:
    FKisrael
    The word berserk mean "out of control with anger or excitement; wild or frenzied."

My propose of ways to fix DK's berserk.

1. Increase weapon atk speed by 1 (optional, might be too OP)
    -to add "frenzy-ness" to the atk and top up the damage needed for the lack of damage for its risk.

2. Reduce 50% incoming damage
    -adrenaline during berserk reduce pain, player still need to get their hp lower to 50% for it to kick in.

3. Increase walk speed by 20, jump by 10.
    -from the word wild.

19. kyoko3102

kyoko3102 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Now how many buttons that you like to press precisely without failing everytime you get hit for 1 hour @.@
    *assuming the boss hit 14.9k and u need 1 40% elixir + 1 popsicle + 3 white pots ( or N amount of hotdogs)

20. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    What boss would this be? I would have made a feedback if such boss existed, to either nerf the dmg or buff it instead so one can pot before getting hit (although not ideal). All the heavy dmg bosses I know deal adequate dmg for drks to pot effectively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.