Class/Skill Archmage

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Ayane, Apr 18, 2020.

?

Should archmages get a buff?

1. Yes

154 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. No

65 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    The new update made archmages to be the worst class in the game (especially fp mage, since il is slightly better at bossing and got more training options)
    With the ulu nerf there is no reason to play them anymore since skele is now better and bishops can 1 hit it pretty easily.

You also nerfed the drop rates from mobs while making potions super expensive so the amounts of meso you get per hour will decrease greatly, making the farming abilities of these classes to be worse while their bossing is still trash like before.
    Don't forget that meteor/blizz cost a lot more MP than gene so you'd have an insane pot cost too.
    That means that they are no longer the top leeching/farming classes and lose to bishops.

The class needs some buff, maybe a 1vs1 DPS buff (like you can buff paralyze from 240 atk to something like 500). This will make them actually be able to go bossing, though their DPS would still be quite a bit below that of any attacker class so it's still balanced.

Also I suggest making more bosses weak to poison, since there are a lot more lightning weak bosses now (with the paladin element buff) but they didn't do the same for the poison element.

2. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    I know I made a suggestion to make Neo Tokyo bosses Poison weak/normal but apparently that went out the window ~f18
    (at least they listened to my other feedback points ~f11)

Tsue likes this.
  3. vanizshotz

vanizshotz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Moneymakerz
    Level:
    Hope you guys can reconsider the nerf to F/P, for now my F/P will just be a echo mule. Not even worth to sell leech anymore with increased pot costs and reduced petri spawn ... I make almost all my meso through leech

EDIT: and adding that buying the 5k mp potion does not make sense for F/Ps with nearly 30k mp, cos for me 1 ginger ale recovers 20k+ mp usually, buying the 5k mp potion will only clog up my inventory and cost the same.

Petri is the only good map for training and leeching for F/P ->ROR4 has less exp, worse layout and I need to bring my HS mule through ToT ... why nerf petri?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    David2016 likes this.
  4. JoshxGamex92

JoshxGamex92 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Limbic
    Level:
    Guild:
    Sunny
    having an arch mage with 21.5k mp the only potion I could really use was ales, so now I have to spend between 35 and 50m every time I have to repot. Now I also have to limit my bossing as well because that will be more costly than benefiting.

5. ritsblack

ritsblack Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    kinathicctho
    OP is absolutely correct. ILs and FPs without the ability to make money leeching while also not having the ability to make money bossing have very little place in the current state of the game outside of flavor. Which is kind of sad, its a very cool class and its sad to see one of the most anticipated bug fix patches in this servers history also be packaged with balance changes which make 3 classes significantly less playable for the poor.

6. Gellyroll

Gellyroll Well-Known Member

IGN:
    xCintare ღ
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior ღ
    My opinion is that bishops cannot easily 1-hit anything unless if you're very funded or you're already at a high level meanwhile AMs have it easier.

"That means that they are no longer the top leeching/farming classes and lose to bishops."

For me I haven't seen it yet that they will lose to bishops. For the MP problem, that's crystal clear. But it just sounded so harsh, why does it have to be a competition? Can it just be considered as equal or thought of as equal? (For now at least) I think Petri was better than Skeles EXP wise and map wise though. (Easier to roam around and whatnot) :x Either way It's still possible to get profit, just lower so...

Rather than buffing AM, I think the problem solely goes with the pot rates increased. I think they made it too expensive. I know you can gain money through bossing, voting, etc. but there are people who tries gaining mesos from farming loots. So for those people who does that as a habit or to gain mesos this is the biggest lost they got. I think in order to cover expenses from pots you'll most likely will have to sell leech as well.

7. ritsblack

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    kinathicctho
    I agree, its fine for them to nerf them in terms of their profitability for leeching provided they can do something else. As it stands, Bishops have the option to go boss where as AMs have significantly reduced utility to a bossing party and will thus not be considered as seriously. AMs don't need to be better than Bishops, however this nerf specifically harms AMs where as Bishops are left somewhat untouched.

David2016 and cooldudz like this.
  8. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    How is it easier for archmages? You actually need less magic to 1 hit skele on a bishop compared to 1 hit skele on archmage
    If they'd be equal in farming then what's the point of making an archmage at all? Bishops got so many advantages over them (don't need an HS mule, useful in bosses, so many party buffs, gen is faster and cost less MP, better defense with invincible/ele resistance, can leech low lvl players and so on)
    The only advantages Archmages had were the better damage/farming and cheaper books, other than that Bishops beat them in pretty much everything

9. vanizshotz

vanizshotz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Moneymakerz
    Level:
    Precisely, after I'm able 1-hit petri, all my ap goes into MP for that 30k, its pointless to have more than that ...

Personally the pot costs are still somewhat bearable, but for the love of God, please don't nerf an endgame map

DeJia likes this.
  10. ritsblack

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    kinathicctho
    (not to mention they can res while AMs cannot)

11. Cola

Cola Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Acme
    petition to give AM holy symbol and res pl0x

12. GleamKnight

GleamKnight Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GleamKnight
    Level:
    Guild:
    ✧Savior
    Just don't nurf pots, ulu and petri too much, we need them to live.

wind99121, cooldudz, Daisies and 3 others like this.
  13. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    finally we can delete archmages from the game

David2016, Realizze, Comrade and 12 others like this.
  14. onekeystory

onekeystory Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Raffinato
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    Bishop is already op af, and after patch 65, bishop is definately god tier class.

David2016 and GleamKnight like this.
  15. Goji

Goji Well-Known Member

Level:
    Not to mention books are only cheaper because they're underplayed classes. If everyone played AM, this wouldn't be the case as I'm fairly certain there are way more bishops than any other class or even FP/IL mages combined. Also, allow me remind you: AMs are nowhere near Bishops in the leech department without an HS mule (aka a 3rd job Bishop). Imagine the lack of balance. As an arch mage, you actually have to play two characters to be able to stay relevant when selling leech. Farming (that one thing they had going on) costs twice as much, considering 200% MP consumption. I feel like when casting meteor, I'm gonna have to pick up every meso bag I find as well as pray for equip drops every cast. It just doesn't seem so appealing.

cooldudz likes this.
  16. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    wind99121 likes this.
  17. Coordinate

Coordinate Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Vizant
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Fendi
    It does seem strange, my concern is how much of a pain it's going to be to HP wash now. I understand the point of raising the price of the potions and such but nerfs to those spots are going to raise the price even more to HP wash a class well.

Give Arch mages a 10 line attack* >:D

cooldudz and Sludders69 like this.
  18. Smolly/R3nji

Smolly/R3nji Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    r3nji
    Level:
    Guild:
    guildless
    if spawnrate was normal and drop rate less in ulu i would not have cared about it,
    but now it is depressing to play arch mage at all
    and for the person that says you need to be funded for bish
    -> hs res bossing ability cwk and heal for seduce parts
    arch mages
    -> tc and spell booster skill books are cheap cus they are not popular

pic your poison....
    the admins tried to nerf arch mages but boosted bishops instead....

nerf bishops and there will be a bigger riot and complaining(increase magic needed to 1 hit ulu mobs)

wind99121 and Goji like this.
  19. Smolly/R3nji

Smolly/R3nji Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    r3nji
    Level:
    Guild:
    guildless
    wind99121, SirRetro, DeJia and 2 others like this.
  20. bluehammer

bluehammer Donator

IGN:
    blueHammer
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tulips
    The thread title shouldn't just be A/M.
    This update surely improved some very nice aspects of the gameplay but I believe that the economic actions that were taken are a bit too harsh.
    Petrifighters, for example, was packed with people yesterday, no one is now interested in buying leech there. Same goes for ULU1 & 2. Many people rely on leech as their main income and I think that especially for newcomers, getting some funds is going to be very hard for them.
    Sure, take the drop rates out, increase the potions price by more than 200%, recharge costs a bit more, all right. But nerfing one of the most popular maps in the game feels just a little too much to me at least. This is a PvE game and without anything to fight (E), it feels boring and wrong.
    I think that taking the drop rates down and increasing potions prices would be sufficient to see nice, slow and steady economic change.

Also, Petrifighters was packed up until this update, and Skeles ran nicely too with many people, now that Petri is pretty much not worth it in my opinion, where are people going to go to? Is everyone going to be searching for a Skele map now? It's like creating a bottleneck trying to train.