Closed Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal' started by pogdog, Mar 9, 2024.

1. pogdog

pogdog Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    pogdog
    Guild:
    Create
    All Your Character Names: pogdog, prodog, woowoowooooo, mapowner1, mapowner2, mapowner3, asdfghjkl123, frogbug, buggerman, petlooter + storage mules
    Last thing you did: set up an fm shop
    Why do you think you got banned?: -
    Ban message when attempting to log in: This is an ID that has been deleted or blocked from connection.
    What GM banned you (optional): -

2. Bacon

Bacon GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BaconLord01
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Hello. Please explain the origin of your 14/3 BFC.

3. pogdog

pogdog Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    pogdog
    Guild:
    Create
    I do not have a 14/3 BFC

4. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
  5. pogdog

pogdog Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    pogdog
    Guild:
    Create
    I got a red sock from snowman
    [​IMG]

I scrolled it twice (Fail > +5)

Posted a thread to sell it, and got a message from @alvinyap00 for a 14 BFC which I accepted:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    could you please provide the due diligence according to the T&C?

7. pogdog

pogdog Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    pogdog
    Guild:
    Create
    I believe when I traded him he had a name linked on his account which might now have been removed, as I checked his forum for the past trades, gear, and accounts (but didn't ask questions directly)

My reasoning and why I believe it wasn't necessary to ask questions in this particular trade was that he has sold multiple other mid lvl gear pieces to known players, refer to:
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/s-10-3-fs-sold.225853/
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/s-9-0-fs.227342/
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/s-22-int-broomstick-s-b-1-8b-sold-in-game.225201
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/s-197-tma-wand-6.227219/
    Whereas the funds go way above the trade I did.

Regarding the questions, I didn't specifically ask him any of the ones you outlined but had checked on him before trading:
    1. He messaged me from his forum account
    2. AlvinY, scrollstory (mule)
    3. I knew of their mains/mules (AlvinY, Scrollstory) as I have bought ws/cs from "scrollstory" before, and they used to be around in the FM quite a bit
    4. Based on the background check I did prior to trade, I found this trade:
    [​IMG]
    4.1. From this trade this player had already done a background check as well for a higher amount than my trade (2 months before my trade) so I figured they should be okay to trade
    5. It was a straight trade so I assume they wanted to gamble
    6. It made sense for them to have these goods comparatively to their mapleroyals progress because the previous trades (fs, high tma ele wand) which were to other notable players posted on the forums.
    7. There was no forum thread for the cape, it was a straight trade after a few days of my thread being open (It was edited from 6B S/b to 6B straight)

From my perspective, this didn't come across as a "too good to be true" kind of trade as both items were somewhat in the same ballpark of value, so it didn't rise to the level of me having to ask these questions. The above sleuthing satisfied my background check and I hope this provides clarity as to why I traded them

8. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    you have dealt with this seller more than once before?

9. pogdog

pogdog Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    pogdog
    Guild:
    Create
    I have bought ws/cs from him once before, this was a lower amount between 1-3 I believe, hence why I knew of his character scrollstory.

No other trades, only ws/cs from a chalkboard or smega

10. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    have you seen his so-called "main" AlvinY before?

11. pogdog

pogdog Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    pogdog
    Guild:
    Create
    I have not seen AlvinY ingame before, only in the picture provided earlier where both scrollstory and AlvinY are in the same frame

12. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    Thanks for your information. We've reduced your ban to 14 days for violating the following rules. In addition, we have decided to remove your item. However, it seems that you already traded the item, we will then deduct a total of the equivalent value that was traded for from your accounts. The decision was made because of the following:
    • You did not perform any due diligence before the trade, despite multiple red flags including low-level mule, a new forum account, and an inability to determine their main character. We also hold a reasonable suspicion that you did the due diligence after getting banned.
    • You should conduct a background check. Just because the seller went through some background checks 2 months prior doesn't mean he shouldn't still get questioned by you.
    • You've gained substantial profit from the trade. You initially listed the red sock for 6b and then made a 1:1 trade with the rwt seller for a 14att BFC you subsequently sold it for 7.5b, resulting in a net profit of 1.5b.
    • Regarding your points 5-6: The point of this rule is to not make assumptions, but to gather sufficient evidence with what they have to justify the other player's funds.
    • Regarding your point 6: the previous thread doesn't suggest their progression. Their forum account was created on Oct 27, 2023. And he contacted you on Jan 19, 2024. It should be a major red flag for a 2.5-month-old forum account, without a main character, and trading you with a low-level mule. Yet, you decided to not question him at all and proceeded with a too-good-to-be-true deal.
    I've forwarded your appeal to the admin for item removal. They should inform you what was removed.
    Please avoid dealing with mules, especially with high-value items in the future.

13. pogdog

pogdog Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    pogdog
    Guild:
    Create
    I don't understand how my trade can be viewed as lacking due diligence when it happened 1-2 months after two larger trades occurred before mine.

The trade with Yamask was a 10/3 fs which is roughly the value of a 13wa FS for 11b, which is well under the market rate and exceeds my trade by billions. This trade is being done in November which is 30 days after his forum join date.

The trade with CaptainYoo in December (~60 days after his forum join date) was a 10/2 fs which is valued at 12wa fs, CaptainYoo paid 11fs+1b for the upgrade, which also exceeds my trade and incurs more profit as well.

With those two players' trades in mind, and presumably both of these players not being banned, how is it possible my trade can lack the due diligence to be considered illegitimate, while theirs would by default have more red flags than mine? Is it simply because they asked the due diligence example questions without actually verifying the response? Because If I am to be banned for my trade, they could not possibly have arrived at a fair conclusion that this is a legit player to be trading with.

I don't wish to get either of these players in trouble, but it doesn't make sense to me. Also regarding 'We also hold a reasonable suspicion that you did the due diligence after getting banned' yes I am going through the same thought process I went through before trading him. Had I asked him any of these questions before trading I would have still traded him because I believe this was an acceptable amount of due diligence. Had any of the previous players done the necessary due diligence before my trade, this player would have likely been banned, yet the lack of due diligence causes this player to have a legitimate posturing on the forum.

I don't pursue these trades, I don't look for large profit margins from shady players, and I'm not flipping attack gear for profit. This was a one off trade where I did not hold myself quite to the standard that the rules are asking for. I don't believe I'm a player who deserves to be punished this severely for a first offense when I feel I have brought up valid points as to why I or anyone else would trade them.

14. pogdog

pogdog Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    pogdog
    Guild:
    Create
    I didn't realize the other player who was also banned for lacking due diligence, got a different punishment.

This player traded a forum account that had an even younger join date for a 16b trade, and had asked the due diligence example questions, but did nothing with the answers that should have prevented the trade. They get a 14-day ban but do not get the item removed/reverted.

I can accept my 14-day ban as I did not quite follow the forum rule about due diligence but I don't believe my punishment should exceed other players, as we both did basically the same thing, such as not confirming the main account of the player before proceeding.

15. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    At the very minimum, they asked for a background check. In contrast, you didn't do anything.
    It appears that you made up your mind even before conducting a background check.
    Thanks for letting us know. We weren't aware of these transactions prior. We will now request their due diligence

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  16. pogdog

pogdog Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    pogdog
    Guild:
    Create
    I signed into my account to see what my new ban message and expiration date would be, but I'm completely unbanned. I did not sign into my character, only the login screen to world select. I am making sure this is mentioned as I'm not attempting to ban evade.

From my perspective, it feels like you are completely ignoring the points I'm bringing up and are razor focused on the fact that I didn't ask the example questions. I've admitted multiple times in this appeal that I did not ask them, but that does not mean I did not look into this character before trading them. The other players' previous trades were a large reason why I believed this character was safe to trade.

It feels like any pushback I give is being interpreted as attacking you or the staff team for this decision and I am trying my best to make it clear that I am not. All I am asking is if my actions truly deserve this level of punishment compared to the previous players who have been banned for this and if other staff members agree with this decision.

17. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    Sorry about that. Your ban duration should now reflect normally.

We've read your comments as a team. However, we regret to inform you that this was a unanimous decision after a thorough internal discussion.

18. Tim

Tim Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kaizoku
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    from what character or storage of yours should I deduct approximately 7b of value?

19. pogdog

pogdog Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    pogdog
    Guild:
    Create
    I would prefer if you removed my 0545 ROA on pogdog. I don't have an accurate valuation on it, but a 0405 recently sold for 6B here.

If you deem more is needed, please make up for it with some crystal ilbis (also on pogdog), as I have no liquid at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
  20. Tim

Tim Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kaizoku
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    removed your ROA to tank the value

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024