Community Q&A #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt, Feb 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Community Q&A #2
    Answered on 26/08/2021

We'd like to thank everyone who participated, and hope to hold many more sessions in the future. Without further ado, here are the answers to some of your questions:

Q: Since there are not many before v83 MapleStory content left that haven’t been added or implemented in Royals. Do you plan to add some after v83 MapleStory contents to Royals in the future?
    A: Yes, we have plans to incorporate (as we already have!) post-Big Bang content, where it is deemed appropriate with regards to aesthetics and feasible with regards to balancing. We recognise that MapleRoyals has developed an identity beyond that strict confines of "v0.83" or "pre-Big Bang", and we wish to embrace that, if it helps us bring you fun and enjoyable content! Stay tuned!

Q: Will there be any buffs to the lv150 HP quest?
    A: Yes! This is a part of the game that we are monitoring and evaluating! That is all we can say for now! Stay tuned!

Q: Any additional content planned for Guild PQ? I've posted lots of suggestions and lotta folks are interested in seeing it be a bit more dynamic and rewarding for all levels (unique nx, unique common eq, medals, custom guild emblems, randomized room requirements/boss difficulty)
    A: We do not currently have any plans to add additional content for Guild PQ, but we have read your ideas and feedback and feel free to keep them coming!

Q: What are your thoughts on timeless and reverse weapons?

A: We are open to the idea of introducing a new set of end-game equipment, disruptive though it may be. Due to the nature of the Timeless Weapons, and the difficulty involved in acquiring them, not to mention the extra layer of RNG added with the Item Level system, we believe it will be an appropriate extension of the endgame, that will keep us covered for many years to come.

Q: Do you have plans to release any other classes that were released prior to Big Bang? Aran and/or Dual Blade for instance?
    A: We have discussed them, including Evan and Cygnus Knights, a number of times, but at the moment it is not something we are actively considering.

Q: Will Golden Temple (Ravana) be added in Royals in the Future?

A: Very likely, yes! As for when, that we cannot say.

Q: What is your posture based on "Mules"? Are you ok with the current gameplay on them, are you thinking on modifying aspects of the game so new players get to be able to play without having to make mules?
    A: We try our best to tread the fine line between permitting players to play the game in the way they most enjoy, and recognising that certain patterns of behaviour can negatively affect the server at large, and be destructive from the perspective of Royals as a product appealing to a mass market. We must always consider what will benefit the majority, but also try to show respect to our most loyal players. A server without an identity quickly loses its way, and we are trying every day to explore ways to improve the situation for different types of players. We currently have a few ideas in mind, but you'll have to stay tuned for those! In the meantime you can participate in feedback on this topic here: https://royals.ms/forum/threads/feedback-thread-mules-and-multi-client.187072

Q: Will you add a gender change coupon?
    A: We currently have no plans to add such a coupon. While we recognise that the genders in the game are largely arbitrary, they are still relevant in the sense that they are tied to certain gender-unique equipment. In order to avoid disrupting the market for such equipment, and to preserve the difficulty of levelling up characters of different genders, we intend to restrict gender selection to the Character Creation screen, for now.

Q: Have you discussed regarding introducing more NX items to be sold via NPC? For example everstones, ap resets, sp resets, etc.
    A: This was a hot topic some years ago, but it is not something we are currently exploring, as we recognise the need for both meso and NX sinks, and that disturbing the balance will affect other parts of the overall marketplace .

Q: Any plans to make polearms viable to main or for bossing? Or for 2hbw to be comparable in some way to the far superior 1h?
    A: We agree that some weapon types are not as universally strong as others, in particular the examples mentioned. Some of the suggestions made, and ideas we have ourselves, require game client edits that we have not succeeded in performing yet. As it stands, we have no plans to modify these weapons, or their associated skills.

Q: Will future content (including Pink Bean) be designed to allow zerking (like how auf damage was reduced for zerk)?
    A: The question itself is slightly misleading, since Auf Haven did not have its damage reduced for the sake of Dark Knights using Berserk, but rather for players across the board, in order to make it more accessible. In general we acknowledge that the meta has steered toward expectations of every piece of content being accessible to every class, and so we may consider this particular factor when we balance new content.

And that wraps it up as far as the Q&A is concerned! Thank you again for all of your questions! Remember that if we did not get around to answering your question, you are free to post it again in the next one!

Hi Royallers,

Since some interest was shown for the first Q&A session, we will hold another one. If you have any questions you wish to ask us, you are free to post them in this thread!

The only stipulations are that the questions must concern the game in some way; whether that be related to its content, bugs, development, community feedback, forum, website, or community as a whole, and that they must abide by the forum rules and guidelines. The questions should not be aimed at specific individuals, as we the Staff will decide on replies through cooperation and by majority vote.

We will select up to 10 questions (if they are not duplicates of previously asked questions, and we deem them to be of high enough quality), at our discretion, but also with respect to the interest shown by the members for different questions.

We also remind everyone that you may only post questions in this thread; not reply to other people's comments. We will close this thread 2 weeks after posting.

McPew, Dasha, Incentv and 3 others like this.
  2. gilshahar7

gilshahar7 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    gilshahar7
    In the last patch, you have stated that Pianus spawn rate was increased. on further inspection i couldn't find the new spawn times. can you please explain?

3. Sat

Sat Donator

Guild:
    ♜Guardians ♜
    Have you discussed regarding introducing more NX items to be sold via NPC? For example everstones, ap resets, sp resets, etc.

4. Dong

Dong Donator

Country Flag:
    Since there are not many before v83 maplestory content left that haven’t been added or implemented in Royals.

Do you plan to add some after v83 Maplestory contents to Royals in the future?

Dabsta likes this.
  5. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Any plans to make polearms viable to main or for bossing? Or for 2hbw to be comparable in some way to the far superior 1h?

Any additional content planned for guild pq? I've posted lots of suggestions and lotta folks are interested in seeing it be a bit more dynamic and rewarding for all levels (unique nx, unique common eq, medals, custom guild emblems, randomized room requirements/boss difficulty)

Dabsta and xDarkomantis like this.
  6. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    1. What are your thoughts on timeless and reverse weapons? Maybe tweak them to fit royals

I don’t wanna destroy any1s endgame weapon but especially Spears weren’t well designed in maplestory. Some Lv. 85 Skis outperforming a Lv. 110 dragon weapon for „Dragon“ (Dark) Knights bothers me. Maybe we could get a meta similar to hero’s where 1 weapon is the best without si and the other is better with Si. Any thoughts/plans on that?

KWJ and Geyforlife like this.
  7. EL.Latino

EL.Latino Well-Known Member

Will Golden Temple ( Ravana ) be added in Royals in the Future ?

8. tohmartoh

tohmartoh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    What are the thoughts on trio duku leech? I find it counterintuitive that 2hit duku >= 1hit duku (correct me if I'm wrong) because of how the spawn works(?)

On one hand, players who created new mages for trio duku should definitely be rewarded for their efforts.
    Yet, it makes others less inclined to invest in high-end mage gears to enable them to one-shot certain mobs at lower levels.

9. outerlace

outerlace Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    arsonic
    Guild:
    Sunny
    I've always wondered if you have plans to release any other classes that were released prior to Big Bang? Aran and/or Dual Blade for instance? :)

10. ananaskungen

ananaskungen Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zakdoritos
    Level:
    Guild:
    Mystic
    When are we going to see Pink Bean?

11. caladbolgftw

caladbolgftw Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    bigbangsux
    when are you going to unbanned players that were "security breached"? or at least tell us the progression on fixing it?

Byron Nakatsuka likes this.
  12. McPew

McPew Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    McPewPew
    Guild:
    Savior
    This question is regarding glitch abuse.

I am not sure if this has been covered in other areas but the clearest depiction of something that constitutes as glitch abuse is from this reference: https://royals.ms/forum/threads/chr...-relog-into-the-same-map.179322/#post-1046945

In short, the above post indicates that people who obtain an advantage over someone else in game where the said advantage should not exist falls under glitch abuse.

I have previously asked around people I know and have been playing this game for >6mths, a good majority of them do not know what constitutes as glitch abuse.

A certain scenario where people may not know constitutes as glitch abuse are:
    1) when an event boss (V day, Cake, Pierre, Snowman) only allows 1 character into the map but since multiclient is allowed, you (as a person and not of the same household) are able to enter with 2 or more of such characters into the map with the use of multiple devices;
    2) Using of skills when dropping into an event map where skills are prohibited (Shadow Partner, Summon - although I recall summons missing on Snowman, not sure about V day boss)

Other scenarios where glitch abuse is ambiguous are:
    1) Starting KPQ with 4 people but once the party has entered, one player from the party can leave from the first stage (after the collection of the required coupons) and the party can continue on with 3 people. Although the original intend from Nexon was to alleviate DCs from KPQ, is making use of that allowed given that the party quest is still functional with 3 people?

Given that there are many ways that a person may be considered as performing a glitch abuse, may I ask if we could obtain some form of verification on the common ways where glitch abuse being used (where it is not obvious such as the ban of players abusing Mom & Dad turn-in during thanksgiving).

~f2 Thank you for taking time to read and performing the Q&A! ~f2

edit: I would like to thank gm Vincent (incentv) for following up on this question. As i think the answer to this was adequately responded to (as seen by 2 threads created (clarifying & feedback to add) i feel there shouldn’t be a need to answer this question any longer. Thank you!

(Thank you vincent for following up on this during ur “ask me anything” at lounge a few weeks back!)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Damien., Hamburg, TBK and 7 others like this.
  13. J. Vogelzang

J. Vogelzang Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    j33nm4rum
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tulips
    Can you give an update about whether or not Pink Bean and MW30 are introduced to Royals?

Thank you for performing this Q&A!

Kind regards,

j33nm4rum

sjoerdnl likes this.
  14. Christopher G

Christopher G Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Xixra
    Level:
    What is your posture based on "Mules"? Are you ok with the current gameplay on them, are you thinking on modifying aspects of the game so new players get to be able to play without having to make mules?

And will there be any buffs to the lv150 HP quest ?

15. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    If your question is about Pink Bean for example, or anything else mentioned here, please understand it will likely not be answered as we don't want to answer the same questions in each Q&A.

16. Cami

Cami Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Cami
    Level:
    Guild:
    Versatile
    i got a question about my feedback, would you guys consider the slight possibility of a gender change process, similar to the name change process which is via a thread at the donator section?, as i said in my feedback the process could have a lv cap, like 30 or 50 max, to encourage players to keep creating new chars, the gender change would just be a tool for those who made a character in the wrong gender in the beginning, it would be sort of to make a slight correction, let me know if there's even a slight chance that this could be considered in the future, thanks Gm's

17. Tsue

Tsue Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Tsuenami
    Guild:
    USSR
    Not sure if this counts as a pink bean specific question, but in general will future content (including pb) be designed to allow zerking (like how auf damage was reduced for zerk)?

Johnny, zzkelvinxx1 and Geyforlife like this.
  18. cagedmercury

cagedmercury Donator

IGN:
    cagedmercury
    This is more feedback than Q&A, but, is it possible to provide more notice of a server check?

As I'm sure you're aware SCs are very disruptive to the FM, and meso generation is probably the single most important limiting factor in character growth. And so, SCs are very disruptive to the personal lives of players (yes, we have them, at least at times!). Whenever there's a SC I need to rearrange my entire evening around them, spending 15-30 minutes glued to my computer trying over and over to reconnect.

Or worse, often I do not find out about a SC until after it happens, since they are often announced on the website just before they happen or not at all.

I realize that you probably don't want to fill the homepage with SC announcements, but perhaps you could have a pinned page that can be updated which indicates planned SCs? The website is the main form of communication with players so it's an ideal forum to share this information with the community.

Thank you for this consideration, and as always, for the great service of this server, it's really a beautiful thing.

19. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Question : Reverse & timeless implementation will be quite a big change for the game’s economy if the server is planning to introduce pink bean.
    Can you share more about how the server be will rebalancing it or leaving it as it is.
    ——
    These gears are and would totally outscale whatever players has put hundreds of hours worth of effort into
    For example in their clean state :
    • Perfect clean Red Craven = 12luk 56wa
    • Average Timeless Lampion = 8luk 56wa
      5 levels available,
      - Increase Weapon Attack between a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 2 / level
      - Increases LUK between a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 / level
      - 10% chance for TT level +1 at level5
    With their leveling system + godly system.
    Even a perfected 19/91 Red Craven would look cute incomparison if no adjustments were considered.

Edit : I doubt the leveling system might be working in our server or version properly. Possibily instead of coding everything, removing/not implementing it entirely just to rebalance it might actually be not a bad idea.
    —-

Not a question @Matt but a request.
    Please adjust ariel hitbox before releasing it. Your warriors will be required jump and attack from the bottom which will be hilarious.
    Lets not make the entire melee community make a feedback thread before implementing them lol.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Charu, Hamburg, Jesseh and 5 others like this.
  20. Dann

Dann Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Surgyn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    So about skills i was wondering if you guys actually going to buff heroes in general.. maybe a % damage skill increment on brandish?
    I mean okay warrior shield now is 10 slots and the chance to get 2 orbs on ACA is good but on my point of view i am still thinking brandish is really weak considering pally for example

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.