Game room in FM

Discussion in 'Closed' started by RelievedSin, Sep 28, 2017.

1. RelievedSin

RelievedSin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FaultyReload
    Level:
    16X
    Guild:
    Resignation
    While the minigames in MapleRoyals is still currently down, may I suggest a way to improve upon the atmosphere that surrounds them? I suggest creating a separate portal in the Free Market that links to the Games section in Henneseys (the one next to Athena Pierce's place). This would serve as a great place to meet up to play minigames! It would allow anyone from any continent to quickly be able to jump out of the action they were previously involved in and right into a minigame of their choice! In the past, mushroom shrine was used as the base of operations for most minigame competitions, due to it's more convenient access with tour guides on many continents. While it's certainly not nostalgic, I feel it gives players the ability to to quickly switch gears without unnecessary travel requirements (climbing orbis tower, etc). As for the possible negativity of people using it to quickly go from whatever continent to fm to game ground to henney, I'm sure it would be possible enough to either link it to a separate version of the map, or code in a way for the Henney portal to not open if you entered through the FM portal. I suggest this idea because I know for one I am very excited for the return of minigames, and I'm sure other people are as well. Not only would this give us players anticipating it's return a quick way to all meet up and organize events, it would let people who are curious about the minigames to easily find a place to experiment and potentially build the minigame community. All in all, I don't see any negative downsides to this idea and would be greatly appreciative if it was something that could be implemented.

If something like this has already been suggested, I apologize.

If you foresee negativities about this idea, please post them below.
    -EDIT-
    The FM/Event button linking to the game room would be really nice. That would make the room even more convenient. I also agree with the later post ensuring that using skills is blocked, though. That's also critical.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Enticing, Tardex, Hamburg and 5 others like this.
  2. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Hopefully this doesn't hijack your original suggestion, but if Admins are still against the FM button, would they be willing to at least consider a Game Room button which could serve as a convenient social space?

O M O K H Y P E

Tardex, violaceopes and godys like this.
  3. Stan

Stan Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SgtYellow
    Level:
    15x
    Guild:
    Nipple
    I know that @Matt is not against a separate room that could be accessed via the trade/event button and this sounds like a very similar thing. I'd be very interested in this (although I haven't fully given up on the FM button yet :p)

Enticing, 87Karlos and lazygoldfish like this.
  4. danman

danman Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    danman
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ascension
    I think it would be a great idea to have an easily accessible area for minigames like this. Love the idea.

5. godys

godys Well-Known Member

And it also fit to the button that replaced the FM Button!
    I'd love to FM Button to be back, but if not, this should be it !

6. ImJakeFromStateFarm

ImJakeFromStateFarm Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OvaryActing
    Level:
    Guild:
    Impurity
  7. Kai

Kai Donator

Would love this. If not FM, at least link us to the game room! (short cut for GMs to host omok there :p)

godys likes this.
  8. Manny

Manny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Manny
    Level:
    xxx
    Guild:
    Radio
    Sounds good, just don't forget to disable the annoying smegas, skills, monster bags.... etc in said room.

Prideful likes this.
  9. violaceopes

violaceopes Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Calyx
    Guild:
    Radiance
    I love the idea of a full gaming experience within a full gaming experience. It would really add to the immersion for me.