HP Washing Calculator

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Shiyui, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    // HP Washing Calculator Link! //

Hello hello and welcome to my HP washing calculator!!

HP washing is one of the most confusing mechanics in Royals, and with all the guides out there explaining the theory, the formulas, it gets pretty overwhelming!

So I decided to take all the math behind HP washing and create a spreadsheet that does the following:

- Automatically tells the user if they will reach their HP washing goal
    - Accounts for all natural HP and natural MP gained from leveling up and job advancing
    - Optimizes HP washing for thieves by automatically calculating available level up AP and accounting for the remaining HP needed with AP Reset AP
    - Tallies all MP gained from base int, int gear, Maple Warrior, and MP washing for each level
    - Includes automatic level by level base int increases when current base int is lower than target base int
    - Includes resetting base int at a given level
    - Includes int gear total that will be factored in starting at level 50
    - Includes option to stop wearing int gear at a given level
    - Automatically finds most efficient MP washing start level to optimize costs
    - Provides level by level instructions of what to do with level up AP
    - Provides exact instructions for what to do with AP Resets
    - Allows the user to specify AP Reset costs and view the total cost of HP washing

I hope the spreadsheet is self-explanatory for most people, but if you're confused on how to use it, read the spoiler below!

I decided the easiest way to show people how to use this is to teach by example! We'll be calculating how to make a level 200 30,000 HP NL.

So I selected my class as Night Lord, said that my current level is 1, my current HP is 50, and my current MP is 5. My current base int is 4. I said my HP goal is 30000 and I want my HP goal by level 200. I don't have any int gear, so I said 0 for that. And I won't have any Maple Warrior. I want to stop leeching and reset my base int at level 135 so I can boss at Zak and Krex.

[​IMG]

But I run into these problems. I won't have enough MP to get to my HP goal, so how do I fix this?

First I'll say include MP washing to make the "Say Yes Above" error message go away.

[​IMG]

I still get the error, so I'll increase my target base int. I said 4, but I'll say 400 so the "Increase Target Base Int" error message goes away.

[​IMG]

We're still getting the error, and we can see that we have a new message now! It says for us to type 79 for the level to start MP washing, so let's do that.

[​IMG]

Our MP after HP washing is no longer negative, but we're still getting the error. Now it says to type 76 for our level to start MP washing. So let's try that again.

[​IMG]

No more error message under our total MP after HP washing! We'll get 30,000 HP by level 200 if we follow the instructions that popped up!

6125 HP: Horntail with Hyper Body
    9800 HP: Horntail without Hyper Body
    10,188 HP: Castellan (Toad) with Hyper Body
    11,500 HP: Pink Bean with Hyper Body
    12,000 HP: Shaolin without Hyper Body
    12,100 HP: Bigfoot touch damage without Hyper Body
    16,300 HP: Castellan (Toad) without Hyper Body
    18,400 HP: Pink Bean without Hyper Body
    18,750 HP: Anego slap damage without Hyper Body
    25,000 HP: Horntail Head B touch damage and The Boss (Grandpa) without Hyper Body

Assumes Meso Guard.
    3063 HP: Horntail with Hyper Body
    4900 HP: Horntail without Hyper Body
    5094 HP: Castellan (Toad) with Hyper Body
    5750 HP: Pink Bean with Hyper Body
    6050 HP: Bigfoot touch damage without Hyper Body
    7320 HP: Shaolin without Hyper Body
    8150 HP: Castellan (Toad) without Hyper Body
    9200 HP: Pink Bean without Hyper Body
    8375 HP: Anego slap damage without Hyper Body
    15,250 HP: Horntail Head B touch damage and The Boss (Grandpa) without Hyper Body

25,000 HP: Horntail Head B touch damage and The Boss (Grandpa) without Hyper Body

Subject to debate. Higher HP means damage taken while mounted on ship will cause ship to break sooner than if you had lower HP.

Assumes max Achilles, max Power Guard for Bigfoot touch damage.
    5207 HP: Horntail with Hyper Body
    5445 HP: Bigfoot touch damage without Hyper Body
    8330 HP: Horntail without Hyper Body
    10,625 HP: Castellan (Toad) with Hyper Body
    10,200 HP: Shaolin without Hyper Body
    15,938 HP: Pink Bean with Hyper Body
    15,938 HP: Anego slap damage without Hyper Body
    17,000 HP: Castellan (Toad) without Hyper Body
    21,250 HP: Horntail Head B touch damage and The Boss (Grandpa) without Hyper Body
    30,000 HP: Pink Bean without Hyper Body

18,750 HP: 30k HP with Hyper Body

Assumes max Achilles, max Power Guard for Bigfoot touch damage.
    5207 HP: Horntail with Hyper Body
    5445 HP: Bigfoot touch damage without Hyper Body
    8330 HP: Horntail without Hyper Body
    10,200 HP: Shaolin without Hyper Body
    10,625 HP: Castellan (Toad) with Hyper Body
    15,938 HP: Pink Bean with Hyper Body
    15,938 HP: Anego slap damage without Hyper Body
    17,000 HP: Castellan (Toad) without Hyper Body
    21,250 HP: Horntail Head B touch damage and The Boss (Grandpa) without Hyper Body
    30,000 HP: Pink Bean without Hyper Body

2420 HP, 9680 MP: Bigfoot touch damage without Hyper Body
    2500 HP: Horntail Dark Wyverns, first prehead, second prehead without Magic Guard
    3260 HP, 13,050 MP: Castellan (Toad) without Hyper Body
    3690 HP, 14,730 MP: Pink Bean without Hyper Body
    3760 HP, 15,000 MP: Anego without Hyper Body (Survive Anego slap damage)
    4610 HP, 18,410 MP: Horntail and The Boss (Grandpa) without Hyper Body (Survive Horntail Head B touch damage)
    4620 HP, 18,480 MP: Horntail tail touch damage with Invicible
    6600 HP, 26,400 MP: Horntail tail touch damage without Invincible
    7000 HP: BISHOP ONLY Horntail without Magic Guard after legs and tail are dead
    9800 HP: Horntail without Magic Guard

24,000 HP: Horntail Head B touch damage and The Boss (Grandpa) without Hyper Body

Still confused? HP washing inquires are now open! I'll run the calculation for you if you tell me the following:

Job:
    Level:
    Current HP:
    Current MP:
    Current Base Int:
    Int Gear Total Int:
    HP Goal:
    Level for HP Goal:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  2. MushroomYoYo

MushroomYoYo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Free bump for Akira. :D

Fergus and Shiyui like this.
  3. Tim

Tim Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kaizoku
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    Nerd.

[​IMG]

4. Martin

Martin Donator

IGN:
    Alumina
    Level:

Cheersy and Shiyui like this.
  5. Goku

Goku Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Goken
    Level:
    Guild:
    Radiance
    Thank the Old Maple Gods and the New! This is gift because I’am constaly worrying if I’m going to make 30k HP on my weaker than your DPS mule even though I’ve been told countless times what to do and I will have more than enough ^_^'!

Too bad it takes this much work and stress to enjoy the late game comfortably but it makes it that much more rewarding!

[​IMG]

ginwolf and Shiyui like this.
  6. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    ~f2

My DPS mule is weak LOL. I just hijack friend's gear so I can pretend to be all pro! So glad you can see for yourself now where you'll end up! Remember to put AP Reset AP and not Level Up AP in that field! I made the mistake of predicting my own 30k HP NL with the higher level up AP HP gain, which is impossible to do since we don't level up nearly enough times! HP washing is definitely an overwhelming process for beginners (then you have terms like double washing, triple washing which make it even more confusing!) so hopefully this makes HP washing far more approachable to do. I'm honored to receive the Goku stamp of approval! ~f14

ginwolf, ikiru and Goku like this.
  7. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    I've been editing this spreadsheet all day and now I'm sure it's really perfect. As of this update, I am confident all calculations will be 100% correct. Some errors and typos I caught on my comprehensive revising process were present and have now been fixed and double checked. Calculator takes into account every small detail I could think of, including first job advancement AP requirements and accounts for each level's natural HP in the total HP for that level (which means 30k HP costs fewer AP Resets at level 200 because higher level = higher natural HP = fewer AP Resets needed to wash to 30k HP). It also recognizes when 30k HP has been reached and will provide the total MP left over after HP washing to 30k HP. The previous formula I had written didn't recognize the 30k HP limit, so because the formula was calculating washing to things like 36k HP (lol), total MP was calculating much lower than it would actually be. There was a major error in calculating 30k HP Night Lords, and this has now been corrected. A typo in the formula made achieving 30k HP Night Lords egregiously difficult. It's now, correctly, much easier to do than what the calculator was displaying before. Planned updates have been implemented, like factoring in Maple Warrior 10 or Maple Warrior 20 and at what level to start assuming this. The field for level to reset base int is helpful when you wish to play your character but you do not want to HP wash yet (e.g. starting to play your 3k HP 20k MP NL at 135 to go on Zak and Krex runs). The level lookup feature allows you to quickly input a level and see what total HP, total MP, total AP Resets, and what those AP Resets are used for at that level. One level lookup without MP washing and a second level lookup with MP washing! This means you don't have to scroll down to find the row with the level you want to look at. So the sea of data is safely at bay! And so, after many hours of drafting, hastily editing and fixing, this HP washing calculator is now truly finished. I haven't been able to think of any other ideas to possibly make it better, but if you have an idea, just let me know! And of course, if you have any questions, please ask! I'm happy help! :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Yiks, ginwolf, Masqueradia and 6 others like this.
  8. xPoTaTox

xPoTaTox Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xPoTaTox
    Level:
    17x
    Bump for the best Mage <3

Shiyui likes this.
  9. OmagaEcstasy

OmagaEcstasy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SolsticeDawn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Protagonist
    Can’t seem to update the desired HP, it says “view only”

10. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    So sorry about that! Fixed! Moved the cells for easier visibility of the end goal HP, forgot to update the editable cells. Double checked that everything that you should be able to edit, you can. Thanks for letting me know! :D

ginwolf and ikiru like this.
  11. OmagaEcstasy

OmagaEcstasy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SolsticeDawn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Protagonist
    Yes it works now!! Just to clarify did you make major changes? I used this calculator yesterday and it seems to have a big difference. Like at least 7b worth of resets difference, and yes I did include MP Washing as well.

12. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    Hm... I have made several changes, yes. If you were calculating for a Night Lord or Shadower with Level Up AP, the check I did to see if using Level Up AP is possible with the remaining level ups from current level to 200 may have instructed you to use AP Reset AP. That would be a major change since AP Reset AP has an average 4 HP less per gain compared to Level Up AP. I also redid the HP formula to allow the user to input their exact HP desired and fully account for their target level's natural HP, therefore saving AP Resets that would be used to HP wash unnecessarily. Previously, I had written a cell for the user to input the level they wanted to HP wash at, which was inefficient because their target level may show something like 10,600 HP when they actually just wanted 9100 HP. So that HP Goal cell that was protection locked earlier was my most recent major update. This addition should have resulted in your AP Reset cost going down. I also updated the final MP you'd have at the level you're looking up, but that shouldn't affect AP Reset costs. Oh I also rewrote the AP Resets to HP Wash cell I believe, drawing from the natural HP at the level that was looked up. Those are the three things I redid today, I'm sure now. I tested these updates before updating the public copy, but it's definitely possible I overlooked something! I promise to go over my formulas carefully tomorrow, half asleep now with being busy on vacation these days hehe! Thank you so much for letting me know! Your feedback is really appreciated!! I'll make sure everything is working as it should within 24 hours! ~f14

Edit: Oh! And double check that you're starting to MP wash at the correct level. MP washing is very expensive, 75m per level with 15m AP Resets, so it's possible someone put your MP washing start level way low which would DRASTICALLY make your costs shoot up hahaha! 7b difference seems extreme. I know it's not the AP Resets to reset base int, and you probably kept your base int figures similar from today versus tomorrow. It's possible but unlikely there's an error in the AP Resets to HP wash, and I assume you have the same goal HP today versus yesterday. The big factor is MP washing, which I haven't messed with the formula in a long time. If you can, screenshot your calculator page so I can look at it and see where that huge 7b figure is coming from! If not, no worries, I'll definitely investigate and fix anything that needs fixing! Have a great day! :D

Edit 2: Also, the field for setting the price per AP Reset may have changed. Check and make sure that field is displaying the correct number!

Edit 3: FOUND IT. Couldn't sleep, went over my formulas. You are correct! I made a mistake in the VLOOKUP part of my formula in the AP Resets to HP Wash cell. I mistakenly had it take the goal HP - the level lookup's natural HP and then divide by the MP COST per AP Reset rather than the HP GAIN. I remember thinking to myself to type the correct array too to call the correct number for the class hahaha! Thank you SO much. The formula definitely calls the correct number of AP Resets needed to HP wash now. I did the math by hand to ensure the formula returns the right number. Wouldn't have caught my mistake without your help, many thanks!! Every time I think I have everything perfect, there's always something I see I can improve on or outright fix. Thank you SO much. And just so you're not blindsided by my upcoming updates, the only things left on my list is to automatically select AP Reset AP for the non thief classes since that's what every other class should use anyway and make a straightforward level by level instruction on what precisely to do with AP (e.g. Level 1-3: 20 dex for Corsairs' and Buccaneers' first job advancement requirements, then Level 4-54: 250 int, etc). So basically the math side of calculations is all finalized now! Now it's just quality of life and user friendliness improvements. Again, thank you so much! That was the worst typo I ever did and I wouldn't have caught it nearly as early without your help!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    ginwolf, ikiru and OmagaEcstasy like this.
  13. OmagaEcstasy

OmagaEcstasy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SolsticeDawn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Protagonist
    I can see a lot of effort and time went into this, this is actually really helpful to everyone out there who wants to HP wash.
    HAHAHAHA I really didn’t do much, but I’ll test it again once I’m home. Once again thank you so much for your hard work!! Will update you if anything :)

Shiyui likes this.
  14. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    for night lords, isn't hp to survive BF something closer to 11.5-12k rather than the 14.5k you mentioned? Has BF started hitting harder post source?

15. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    The spreadsheet breaks when I change the class to magician and I can't figure out why

ginwolf, Curious and Shiyui like this.
  16. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    I'll look into it tonight and update my post once the fix is up! If you can screenshot what input you gave, that'd be helpful! But I'll figure it out either way. :D

Edit: Actually decided to look at it now and found the fix! Formula for magician's natural MP wasn't updated to the correct column for total int and was drawing from int gear total column. Changed a simple letter for the formula and it all works again, tested by matching it to my calculations for a 10k HP 30k MP bishop I did in Excel!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    ginwolf and ikiru like this.
  17. EZFebreezy

EZFebreezy Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EZFebreezy
    [​IMG]

ginwolf likes this.
  18. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    All fixed! To HP wash a magician, use 999 for Total Base Int and 201 for Level to Reset Base Int (which means never). Everything works like this, made sure by double checking my calculator results and the manual calculations I did for a 10k HP 30k MP bishop project I had saved in Excel. :D

ginwolf, ikiru and OmagaEcstasy like this.
  19. Gopsss

Gopsss Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iOMGi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Guild
    Akiraaaaaaaa. I tried countless of times. Maybe I'm just stupid. xD I can't seem to figure out how to use this calculator. Or maybe it's just my phone.

I want a 30k nl by lvl 140 you think you csn help me out maybe? ❤️ I'll give you a fist bump in game if I see you. :D

@Shiyui

20. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    Sure Gopsss!

Tell me:
    Current Level